Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Jump rope bug?

Rhiannon58Rhiannon58 Posts: 806 Member
So one of my college students started jumping rope on her own. I was working with other Sims and didn’t notice she was gaining body skill points. Like every 10 seconds! I seem to remember this from years ago. Is it a bug?

Comments

• Options
    AnmirlaAnmirla Posts: 3,836 Member
    Did you learn Physiology?
    There is a glitch associated with that skill from Apt Life. There are mods that bring the speed of skill gain back down to what it should be after learning it.
    baby%20bat_zpsgzvzhrnc.gif
  • Options
    She got to max body skill before I got her stopped. She might know physiology. Don’t remember. I’m not tore up about her maxing out the body skill in 5 minutes. Just wanted to make sure it wouldn’t break my game before I saved.
  • Options
    AnmirlaAnmirla Posts: 3,836 Member
    edited December 2017
    It won't break the game.
    The glitch use to be "worse" - all skills would go lightning fast. The one time I experienced that, it drove me insane because I was trying to kill two birds with one stone and work on my Sim's predestined hobby as well (and it was something that would take a while to build without an associated skill - I think it was nature).

Don't those special skills show in memories? I can't remember. :o Oh, the irony... :/
    If nothing else, if you click on the bookcase, the option won't be there. :D
    baby%20bat_zpsgzvzhrnc.gif
  • Options
    EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,937 Member
    Anmirla wrote: »
    It won't break the game.
    The glitch use to be "worse" - all skills would go lightning fast. The one time I experienced that, it drove me insane because I was trying to kill two birds with one stone and work on my Sim's predestined hobby as well (and it was something that would take a while to build without an associated skill - I think it was nature).

Don't those special skills show in memories? I can't remember. :o Oh, the irony... :/
    If nothing else, if you click on the bookcase, the option won't be there. :D

Yes, learning the life skills does show up in the memories.
    But it would be annoying to find because of all the sims and pets they've met...
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    This was patched years ago and should not be a problem in the TS2UC.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    Cinebar wrote: »

If you are talking about the glitch I mentioned where someone was able to max out body skill in five minutes, I have UC and it definitely happened.
  • Options
    EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,937 Member
    edited December 2017

I see you use mods and CC. However, for vanilla games, this bug isn't fixed.
    I use no mods and CC and I can say it is true. My sim learns Physiology and then it only takes some minutes just to max out the body skill. It is actually very useful to teens as they get a scholarship after that (click on the phone, choose College... and then Apply for Scholarship).
    According to The Sims Wiki, the problem was fixed in Apartment Life patch, but broken again in Mansion and Garden patch. The skill's main feature is to make your sim gain body skill faster, raise their fitness meter fast (so it will be more quicker for sim to become fit) and lose Energy need slower. However, it is now bugged so sims gain body skills extremely fast and only things that can fix it are the mods.
    (Link to the page: sims.wikia.com/wiki/Life_skills)
  • Options
    Scribal_GoddessScribal_Goddess Posts: 748 Member
    Rhiannon, you run off a disc, right? Because when I was running a game off disc years back, I had a child max body from learning physiology and then going swimming, and I haven't had it since I started running my game off the (presumably patched) UC.
    Patron Goddess of Newbs and Ninnyhammers.
    TS2 Graphics Fix Tutorial]
  • Options
    JULES1111JULES1111 Posts: 4,489 Member
    Rhiannon58 wrote: »

If you are talking about the glitch I mentioned where someone was able to max out body skill in five minutes, I have UC and it definitely happened.

That's odd because I also thought this was fixed. I know I have had my sims sometimes learn physiology, I have not had this issue.. then again I don't know if I had them working on body points after.. I don't remember! :D This would be interesting to test though.
  • Options
    Thank you EgonVM. Now I know I'm not totally crazy...
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    EgonVM wrote: »

I see you use mods and CC. However, for vanilla games, this bug isn't fixed.
    I use no mods and CC and I can say it is true. My sim learns Physiology and then it only takes some minutes just to max out the body skill. It is actually very useful to teens as they get a scholarship after that (click on the phone, choose College... and then Apply for Scholarship).
    According to The Sims Wiki, the problem was fixed in Apartment Life patch, but broken again in Mansion and Garden patch. The skill's main feature is to make your sim gain body skill faster, raise their fitness meter fast (so it will be more quicker for sim to become fit) and lose Energy need slower. However, it is now bugged so sims gain body skills extremely fast and only things that can fix it are the mods.
    (Link to the page: sims.wikia.com/wiki/Life_skills)

I don't have any mods that fix this so I'm not sure why it's still broken in your games unless you have the Store Versions. But as I said I never uninstalled TS2 or all it's patches when I first intalled TS2UC. MTS recommends against this but not to remove TS2 if you do it that way. DD is the problem and Fun with Pets they don't have all the patches. My mods are stuff like Numenor's no more visuals on stereos lol they really aren't anything to do with Sim behavior. Only two global ones I have are stuff like sit with drink etc.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.