Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Pet careers?

Rhiannon58Rhiannon58 Posts: 806 Member
How do I get my sim pet a job? I had a super smart collie that has been trained on ALL commands. Seems like a good candidate for getting a job to help out the family, especially after the dad screwed up at the top of his cop career and lost all of their money (15k) due to a bad chance card (my first real bad one in two months).

Comments

• MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    You can find them in the newspaper, under “find pet job for” I think you can also get them a job with the computer.
  • AnmirlaAnmirla Posts: 3,836 Member
    Showbiz pays the most. I always use the computer.
    baby%20bat_zpsgzvzhrnc.gif
  • Rhiannon58Rhiannon58 Posts: 806 Member
    Thanks! I hate to put the dog to work but we need all we can get at this point!
  • EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,934 Member
    Here are some more information about pet careers.
    • There are 3 pet careers in the game: Service, Show biz and Security. The newspaper and computer has all these listings every day, even though the order changes.
    • There are 4 careers in every career. Theaching commands are required to get promotions. Each career and level has its own chance cards.
    • Every time your pet gets a promotion, you'll unlock new codes. The codes are new fur coloring, fur marks and collar colors for cats and dogs. Additionally, you can share these codes with others by posting the codes. The codes can also be personalized to generate a new code that works. The code panel can be found in the game options menu (two gears). Just click on the key icon.
    • Pets can skip work when they're in bad mood. If they have vacation days, it will be OK. Additionally, pets can still get fired and your sim can call to pet's work to have them quit.
    • When a pet becomes an elder, they can retire. Additionally, elder pets cannot join in any careers as they miss the part-time version. If pet dies, the pensions stop. It will resume when pet is brought back to life.