Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Drop out

Rhiannon58Rhiannon58 Posts: 806 Member
I have one too many kids to fit in one dorm. Can a student drop out of college? She in the student bin right now.

Comments

• Options
    MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    Yes if you add the sim to a household or dorm, then with the sim selected bring up the phone or computer go to college and then drop out.
  • Options
    Ok. Thanks! She was going to take over her mother’s garden anyway and probably setup a fruit/grocery store. So no biggie if she drops out. And I’ve never ever let a sim do that.
  • Options
    The only thing that happens with a drop out I think is they get an extra fear slot.
  • Options
    Seera1024Seera1024 Posts: 3,629 Member
    The only thing that happens with a drop out I think is they get an extra fear slot.

That only happens if they are expelled. There's no penalty to dropping out.
  • Options
    EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,937 Member
    Yes, they can drop out. Click on the phone and choose Sims...>College>Drop out.
    No penalty from dropping out, but sim cannot return to the college again.
    If sims fails exams two times straight, they'll get expelled. Expelled sims have 4 fears. If sim fails exams first time, they get the Academic Probation, giving you another chance in the same semester. Again, no chance to return unless you turn adult into teen with cheats, improve their grade (as it is F) and send them back.
  • Options
    Seera1024 wrote: »

That only happens if they are expelled. There's no penalty to dropping out.

Thank you I stand corrected. Haven't had a drop out in a while!
  • Options
    One more question about this. Since I sent my teen to the college bin, if I bring her home and have her dropout, will she become an adult or stay a teen for 14 more days?
  • Options
    She will become an adult when she drops out.
  • Options
    edited December 2017
    Ah ok. Thanks! I was going to pull her out of the bin today during her mom and dad's rotation but now I'll wait. She'll be in there a while because I want her younger than her brother who is now a junior in college. Being an OCD control freak Simmer takes so much coordination! *laughs*
    Post edited by Rhiannon58 on
  • Options
    EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,937 Member
    Rhiannon58 wrote: »
    One more question about this. Since I sent my teen to the college bin, if I bring her home and have her dropout, will she become an adult or stay a teen for 14 more days?

As teen becomes an young adult when they go to college, the next stage is an adult. After becoming an adult (Either teen becomes an adult because they skip the college or young adult becomes adult because they drop out, get expelled or graduate), sim cannot return to college. There is a way to make your sim return to the college, but you must enter this cheat:
    agesims on

click on your sim and choose Change age and then Teen. Then raise their grade as it is F. Then you can send them to the college again. Here's also my previous post:
    EgonVM wrote: »
    Yes, they can drop out. Click on the phone and choose Sims...>College>Drop out.
    No penalty from dropping out, but sim cannot return to the college again.
    If sims fails exams two times straight, they'll get expelled. Expelled sims have 4 fears. If sim fails exams first time, they get the Academic Probation, giving you another chance in the same semester. Again, no chance to return unless you turn adult into teen with cheats, improve their grade (as it is F) and send them back.