Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

AU/NZ check in. Welcome to our home away from home.

Comments

• ginnymalfoy22ginnymalfoy22 Posts: 404 Member
    mcrudd wrote: »

its been super hot though, and very dry even here in Aucks :p

I'm in Wellington. We've had water restrictions since late November. We didn't have water restrictions at all last summer.
  • mcruddmcrudd Posts: 11,696 Member

I'm in Wellington. We've had water restrictions since late November. We didn't have water restrictions at all last summer.

I am in Beachlands, we are still on tank water, so far our levels are ok, cause we did get the occasional rain, but I am thinking this will be the first time in several years that we will have to get a water carrier in to fill up near the end of summer, its so dry

• aussiekarimaaussiekarima Posts: 1,170 Member
    ~ Yes I know the feeling,the heat is early this year,we are in for a stinker of a Summer!
    ~ Ozzy here! Too right it's been hot!
    Webp-net-gifmaker-3.gif
    Gallery Link-aussiekarima

• NZsimm3rNZsimm3r Posts: 9,265 Member
    Hey there, @NZsimm3r It is so great to have the group back and the newbies too. :)

Hiya Jen, bit weird being here gotta say! lol Also Happy Birthday! Hope you're having a super day :)
    I'm a girl who likes to play with boys, what can I say... o:)

“Instead of putting players in the role of Luke Skywalker, or Frodo Baggins, I'd rather put them in the role of George Lucas.”Will Wright.
    edited December 2017
    Where is our Dorky ? and our spongebob friend @uo_aaronjd ? And our transformer friend Transfan_Wiccan ? Thomas do you know we are here now @rosenero10
    Hiya @Jendowoz0612 ! (Esine here) :relaxed:

Which part of NZ ya cruisin to?

Oooh have to get used to your new name Esine. Glad to see you are here <3
    edited December 2017
    @Figwit , @kateoverend @Karritz @mshadai we are over here now <3 Please find us <3
  • BlackUndecimberBlackUndecimber Posts: 1,116 Member
    Hi everyone! From Auckland here :)
    It was really cold now it's really hot... Where did spring go?!?!
  • Jendowoz0612Jendowoz0612 Posts: 8,212 Member
    Hi @Chalicen welcome to our little home. :)

Hi @chalicen sweltering in chch here! Phew! Hot today :#

“Instead of putting players in the role of Luke Skywalker, or Frodo Baggins, I'd rather put them in the role of George Lucas.”Will Wright.
  • February11February11 Posts: 12,655 Member
    edited December 2017
    Hot here today, bit of rain, looked like a huge storm coming early afternoon but didnt happen. Bad hair day - humid. Curly bits happening in Sydney!
    MLgj4Vx.png
  • uo_aaronjduo_aaronjd Posts: 425 Member
    So now we are part of the US......
    Woo....hoo....let the good times roll

(6).jpg
    Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup
    uo_aaronjd wrote: »

Hahahaha, glad you found us <3

Hey there, @uo_aaronjd, great to see you here. :)

• bokylie1bokylie1 Posts: 804 Member

(6).jpg

Well we all have muppets leading our countries - ours just isn't as big a muppet as others :wink:
    Forum and Origin ID: bokylie1

• sawdustsawdust Posts: 1,003 Member

(6).jpg

No No No ... (oops) .... Ho Ho Ho >:)
    I added this section to my Favourites. I called it "The Clayton ANZ Forum". ;)

It's the forum you have when you're not having a forum :D
    @sawdust omg just realized that we don't have a lol button anymore! :cry: strewth how are we to show appreciation for sharp wit now?

*sulks into her claytons*

• chips46chips46 Posts: 3,666 Member
    edited December 2017
    Awesome love the new patch that we just got with the three new holiday objects just fit with our summer climate I like the Snowy the Sandman, Surfin’ Santa floor light very cute :D
    Post edited by chips46 on
    NZsimm3r wrote: »
    @sawdust omg just realized that we don't have a lol button anymore! :cry: strewth how are we to show appreciation for sharp wit now?

*sulks into her claytons*

Yeah I know. We all have to pretend we're 13yos and go round saying "awesome". :/
  • uo_aaronjduo_aaronjd Posts: 425 Member
    We should have a "Bonzer" or You Beaut" button added, as compensation for having our forum shifted to this god awful place......
    Even the beer is like water
    and if I see another plum ill go completely round the plum twist

*taps his heels together*
    theres no place like home
    theres no place like home
    Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup
  • grevilliabluegrevilliablue Posts: 304 Member
    Thought it was about time I got myself over here & settled in. I don't much like moving - all that packing up!

I've had a busy time at home just lately. My 8yo golden retriever girl has been in the wars lately. First off she got kennel cough & a week later she suddenly went off her food - a real red flag to me as she usually eats everything in front of her. Blood tests indicated some general inflammation & a follow-up urine test showed blood in the urine. Then last weekend she suddenly developed a big lump in her throat - she looked as if she'd swallowed an apple whole! My vet suspected an abcess from a grass seed & so yesterday she had surgery. Sure enough a grass seed was found along with a lot of necrotic tissue. They couldn't remove all of it so she has a drain in place & has to return daily to have the dressing changed. Hopefully the drain will be removed on Saturday. To top it off they also found that she has a UTI! My poor girlie! So at present she has a big dressing around her throat, kind of like a neck brace & socks on her hind paws to reduce damage when she tries to scratch her neck. My bank balance has taken a mighty hit - thankfully my wonderful vet lets me pay my accounts off gradually & eventually I will get a good part of it back from Willow's pet insurance. Grass seeds are terrible - this is the 2nd surgery she's had this year because I've missed the grass seed when checking her over & it's burrowed its way into her skin. She wasnt the only one either -
    apparently she was one of three grass seed removal surgeries my vet did yesterday. I was actually quite relieved to find out this was caused by a grass seed - I didn't like to think of any alternate diagnosis. Now I just have to keep her quiet for a couple of weeks or so while she heals up!
  • grevilliabluegrevilliablue Posts: 304 Member
    Do we have to go back to being new members because we move over here? :/
  • chips46chips46 Posts: 3,666 Member
    edited December 2017
    Hi @grevilliablue nice to see you have found your way here, oh my gosh your poor girl just from grass seed caused all that trouble for her I hope she recover quickly.

If you like you can go to the off topic chat area to get you posts up which you have all you need is 50 points before you can become a full member and you receive a point each time when someone or myself presses like or awesome or insightful on a post that you have posted that way you'll become a full member very soon :)
    @grevilliablue - if you are already been a member here in the US I don't think so, but I noticed yours was, so if you are a new member here, we'll keep liking and awesoming your comments so it shouldn't take long to become a full member. :)