Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Please, fix asperations reward potions for toddlers.

Sid1701D9Sid1701D9 Posts: 4,718 Member
The game is not very fun when you go to your active work jobs and find your toddlers needs caked in the red, because the auto system sets needs to care for self, which does not work with toddlers, so they basically run around the house all day and when you return all needs have plumited in the red, but they are exactly where you left them with full needs before you start your active work day, This needs to be fixed, or allow the potions to work on toddlers.

Add toddlers age to clubs too especially for play dates.
Sid1701d-"I love my life, live my life and live to play, laugh and have fun."

"Love will Fight, Love will Win and Love will Survive."

Comments

• CoteDAzurCoteDAzur Posts: 610 Member
    Does a nanny not help this problem? Or do you mean when there's one parent still at home? Maybe you still need a nanny even in that case, if the other parent isn't helping.. I play very little with toddlers so I'm not sure exactly how it works.
  • ldmarkoldmarko Posts: 5,487 Member
    I always use the fill household needs in the mornings, that usually holds them over until about late afternoon.
    Gallery ID: LDM2
  • Sid1701D9Sid1701D9 Posts: 4,718 Member
    You shouldn't have to cheat to play with toddlers, the potions should work on them, also can't join club either which is a little far fetched since they added play date.

• stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    Toddlers are meant to be a challenge. They don't have aspirations so they have no way to earn aspiration points to buy potions. If you send all the adults out of the house you should have the automatic "send to daycare" come up, and their needs will be taken care of. If you keep them at home with a nanny or caregiver, that Sim should take care of most basic needs. All the nannies I've hired will make a plate of sandwiches and leave them on the counter, and you can direct the toddler to grab a sandwich when their hunger is low. If you have some potty skill, toddlers can use the potty themselves instead of having to ask for help, and depending on the trait most toddlers are fairly self-reliant; their attention might go into the yellow or red a bit but you can have them go talk to the nanny, or just spend some extra time with them when your Sims get home from work, or if you have older children/teens they can play with the toddlers. The dollhouse comes in really handy if you have a toddler and child Sim in the same household; they can play together and both gain skills, Imagination for the toddler and Creativity for the child.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • MrMonty96MrMonty96 Posts: 1,715 Member
    Toddlers don't have aspirations. I don't know what you're on about.
  • NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member
    Toddlers are meant to be a challenge. They don't have aspirations so they have no way to earn aspiration points to buy potions. If you send all the adults out of the house you should have the automatic "send to daycare" come up, and their needs will be taken care of. If you keep them at home with a nanny or caregiver, that Sim should take care of most basic needs. All the nannies I've hired will make a plate of sandwiches and leave them on the counter, and you can direct the toddler to grab a sandwich when their hunger is low. If you have some potty skill, toddlers can use the potty themselves instead of having to ask for help, and depending on the trait most toddlers are fairly self-reliant; their attention might go into the yellow or red a bit but you can have them go talk to the nanny, or just spend some extra time with them when your Sims get home from work, or if you have older children/teens they can play with the toddlers. The dollhouse comes in really handy if you have a toddler and child Sim in the same household; they can play together and both gain skills, Imagination for the toddler and Creativity for the child.

They can earn the aspiration points with the whims. The very little I played of them, because giving up entirely on playing toddlers I did notice that I got one to accumulate about 350 points before becoming a child. So the points they earn are hidden until the child stage.
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,581 Member
    Hello
    When there isn’t a parent or an adult at the home, they should be sent to daycare. Is this not occurring in your game?
    toddlers do get aspiration points, but its hidden, because they still have whims so in theory even though they can't buy things for themselves yet they should still have access to the aspiration potion the other sims have.

Hello
    Does the toddler get sent to Daycare in your game when no other adult sim is there? This should happen automatically, and the Toddlers needs taken care of there.
  • DOLLDRMS1DOLLDRMS1 Posts: 2,955 Member
    edited January 2018
    I don't think daycare is working correctly for active career sims. I hadn't seen this thread when I posted about losing a toddler due to neglect after her doctor mother returned home from work here:
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/TO-TEST-Toddler-not-being-taken-care-of-at-daycare-low-needs/td-p/6582081

The OP of that thread doesn't mention whether or not an active career was involved so I am unsure whether or not there are problems with daycare working for all careers. The only toddler I have in this save has a mother in an active career.
    Hello
    For simmers who are having the issue with their toddlers returning home from daycare with low needs, it would be good to post feedback on the AHQ EA thread that DOLLDRMS1 posted the link to.
  • SomeChick1SomeChick1 Posts: 535 Member
    Having this issue as well. My Sim mom is a scientist and every day she comes home at least two of the toddler's needs are completely empty. So annoying. If I could give that toddler a Need fixer/baby tranquilizer, it would make life so much easier.
    SomeChick1 wrote: »
    Having this issue as well. My Sim mom is a scientist and every day she comes home at least two of the toddler's needs are completely empty. So annoying. If I could give that toddler a Need fixer/baby tranquilizer, it would make life so much easier.

Hello
    Has the toddler been sent to daycare or is another older sim still in the home with the toddler?
    edited January 2018
    I found a solution the daycare only works correctly when you stay on home lot, I hired a butler and that seemed to have helped in the household, as the game progresses the toddler in the background and because everyone is set to take care of themselves, the toddlers are set to that too but they can't do that because they need another sim there to take care of them but because the babysitter is not really there the toddlers needs tank.

Edit: This only happens when the toddlers are the only ones in the house so they go to daycare and because they can't take care of themselves they can not increase their needs.

Sid1701D9 wrote: »
    I found a solution the daycare only works correctly when you stay on home lot, I hired a butler and that seemed to have helped in the household, as the game progresses the toddler in the background and because everyone is set to take care of themselves, the toddlers are set to that too but they can't do that because they need another sim there to take care of them but because the babysitter is not really there the toddlers needs tank.

Edit: This only happens when the toddlers are the only ones in the house so they go to daycare and because they can't take care of themselves they can not increase their needs.

You may like to post feedback on this AHQ EA thread that refers to the daycare issue
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/TO-TEST-Toddler-not-being-taken-care-of-at-daycare-low-needs/m-p/6603431#M57391
  • SomeChick1SomeChick1 Posts: 535 Member
    rosemow wrote: »

Hello
    Has the toddler been sent to daycare or is another older sim still in the home with the toddler?

@rosemow Daycare
    rosemow wrote: »
    Having this issue as well. My Sim mom is a scie and every day she comes home at least two of the toddler's needs are completely empty. So annoying. If I could give that toddler a Need fixer/baby tranquilizer, it would make life so much easier.

Hello

@rosemow Daycare

Hello
    It would be good to post feedback on the AHQ EA site thread that I posted in the above post. SimQA_Icarus was testing save games from simmers who are having this issue.