Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What's your favorite starter house on Sims 3?

When you start a new game, is there a certain prebuilt house you go for, or do you always build your own? (Feel free to share pictures) Mainly starting this thread to draw some inspiration for a new game I'm starting.

:smile:
ms-gif-sims%201_zps4784kijd.gif

Comments

• CravenLestatCravenLestat Posts: 13,735 Member
    Favorite cute starter house is Happy Hive in Monte Vista,729 Bella Vista Drive.

TDh1siB.jpg

It is occupied by a one female sim you could easily kick her out and steal it..... :(

Or place your sim in it toss on a Marvin Gaye album and make sweet love to her cause she is a cute sim :love:

Either way my personal fave.

I Play Sims 3 On A Potato

DfydFiZ.gif
  • SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,823 Member
    edited December 2017
    Turnkey Trot in Appaloosa Plains
    • Unfurnished lot value: §14,089
    • Furnished lot value: §15,984
    • Size: 30x20

I really like the big porches in the front and back.
    33440108410_fc02caf336_o.png
    33440107210_317ef47d9c_o.png
    33668861512_4eed361134_o.png

I don't always use EA starters though... often I download starters made by other players. FakeHousesRealAwesome is one of my favorite creators. Sensible Starters | Part One + Sensible Starters - Part Two
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • MaseratiRickMaseratiRick Posts: 5 New Member
    It has to be shotgun style in sunset valley, because it's good value for the money, not too big, very classy looking on the inside and outside. it's like an 08 hyundai genesis. it's something you buy that looks like a flashy thing, isn't going to hurt your pocket like the flashy thing, and you do it all not because you want the flashy thing, or because you simply know you will get the flashy thing, it's because you know you were born rich flashy and classy (well, evolved into it through self directed psychological conditioning and education anyway) and are destined for a life of riches and fulfillment. When I first moved in, the first car I put in my driveway was a big lemon. I could have gotten the sloppy jalopy, I didn't though because one is an arc gremlin and the other is a used 1988 mercedes benz. and I had to have the benz. no questions, no comments. It was mine.
    Now I own somewhere around 14 cars, Most of them luxury or exotic, and have to stash the other 4 at a separate garage because my driveway wasn't big enough. I got a big white house in twin brook, with the gate where you have to buzz in, and am worth so much that I don't wanna tell you yet cause I'm gonna write a whole story about it and how i got there once I'm aloud to post. I got carried away on this post, oh well. shotgun style!
  • JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    I usually build my own houses in the game. There’s one particular house though I’m in love with (small and cheap), in Appaloosa Plains.

latest?cb=20111028143315
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,404 Member
    edited December 2017
    I build my own.

This was one that I started out with...a 6x6 shack

Screenshot-20.jpg

which later evolved into this:

Screenshot-31.jpg

The world that I'm playing this house in is Vancouver by @Sneakfeline0
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • ParyPary Posts: 6,871 Member
    I also like Shotgun Style from SV, Sunflower Shack from Appaloosa, and Dog Patch from Riverview.

I make use of Awesomod's "wand here" command, and get more bang for my starter buck since it lowers the price.
    *cough*
    Sims 3 Household Exchange - Share your households!
    PoppySims Archive
    InnaLisa Pose Archive
    Devolution of Sims - a once customisable open world sandbox which has become a DLC Party catalog in a shoebox
    I ♡ Pudding
  • TadOlsonTadOlson Posts: 11,380 Member
    I usually get them onto the largest lot size with no house and they have to build the house slowly over time and I also play the other families in my games rotationally like TS2.
    44620367775_0442f830c1_n.jpg
  • Missa_SissaMissa_Sissa Posts: 328 Member
    I usually build my own, but if I choose one I almost always go for the Generations expansion family house. It's laid out on one floor with a small but cute backyard and connected rooms. Very simple and fast to decorate. Not much room, though.
    @Missa_Sissa Your Pandy hat avy girl <3<3 She would have made an awesome Dina Caliente for Barnacle Bay

DfydFiZ.gif
  • Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,404 Member
    @Missa_Sissa Your Pandy hat avy girl <3<3 She would have made an awesome Dina Caliente for Barnacle Bay

Y'know...I always keep getting those twins mixed up. It's Nina that's the redhead, right? And Dina's the blonde. See...my brain shorts out.
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
    edited December 2017
    @Nikkei_Simmer Sadly they both are not good,the sims 2 one is way way better.EA blew it on them in my opinion in 3.Dina is the blonde though.

Sims 2 one is cute I like her eyes

9Y6CBSP.png

DfydFiZ.gif
  • 5782341b77vl5782341b77vl Posts: 9,149 Member
    @CravenLestat
    I've always loved Dina better. Something about Nina just creeped me out. :scream:

DX1bl3m.png
    Also, I hated the '4 version, so I gave her a '2 make-over! I think she looks 150% better! :tongue: BTW, I've never seen the '3 version.

Anyway, back to the topic -

I've nearly always buy the "Pre-Fabulous" house in Sunset Valley (7/10 of the time). The remaining times, is if I decide to play an existing family.
    ...AND WASH YOUR DING-DANG HANDS!
    @5782341b77vl :love: She is really pretty you even captured her cat like eyes right.Awesome job.you pulled off the Sims 2 Dina vibe but in a modern game.Sims 3 version is horrible her eyes are narrow her lips are super thin she is just bleh. :s

DfydFiZ.gif
  • CK213CK213 Posts: 20,525 Member
    Screenshot-4040.jpg

This house from Sunset Valley.
    It's so bad I look forward to getting my sims out of it.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • ZeeGeeZeeGee Posts: 5,355 Member
    CK213 wrote: »
    Screenshot-4040.jpg

I love this house! It's my favorite starter. It's so easy to change a few colors and make it really cute. I've redecorated this one a thousand times and still love it. But I must admit, I've never thought of saving it and putting four on one block like @ck213. :lol:
  • CharlottesmomCharlottesmom Posts: 7,015 Member
    @CK213 & @ZeeGee , Fans of The Monotone too I see! I used to start pretty much every one of my Sims in that house if I was doing a start out dirt poor challenge. I have redone that poor house so much!

• cianeciane Posts: 16,996 Member
    @SimplyJen - I love the link you provided. Those homes on that site are all awesome just as the title suggests!

And, yeah, I like to build my own starter; but when I first started playing, I too chose the Dog Patch in Riverview.

latest?cb=20110524062013

and the Shotgun in Sunset Valley.

latest?cb=20101108090931
  • ParyPary Posts: 6,871 Member
    The Monotone scrubs up really nicely with some redecoration, one you get rid of the horrendous green cladding and that awful white fencing at the front.
    Fake Houses Real Awesome does have some truly wonderful builds !
    Sims 3 Household Exchange - Share your households!
    PoppySims Archive
    InnaLisa Pose Archive
    Devolution of Sims - a once customisable open world sandbox which has become a DLC Party catalog in a shoebox
    I ♡ Pudding
  • AvataritAvatarit Posts: 836 Member
    I usually start withThe Monotone / The Shotgun in Sunset Valley.
    Though I must say The shotgun is a waste of space (I think it is 30*40 lot).
  • SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,823 Member
    The extra space is there to expand if the player doesn't want to move lot.

i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • CharlottesmomCharlottesmom Posts: 7,015 Member

That is the reason I like it, plenty of room to expand and you're not stuck on a postage stamp sized lot, loads of potential for a rags to riches. :)
  • 5782341b77vl5782341b77vl Posts: 9,149 Member
    Dunno why EA called it a shotgun style.

A shotgun house is long (normally 12ftwide) with the rooms all on one side of the house (opposite of the front and back doors)! The name comes from the fact that you can fire a gun from the front porch, have the bullet travel thru the house, and out the back door, without hitting a wall. Most shotgun houses are one story, though there's some two story shotgun houses as well.

The Sims3 shotgun house is not long, nor are the rooms to one side. There's not even a back door on it either. I guess they didn't have any floorplans of an actual shotgun house when they made the game.
    ...AND WASH YOUR DING-DANG HANDS!
    @CK213 & @ZeeGee , Fans of The Monotone too I see! I used to start pretty much every one of my Sims in that house if I was doing a start out dirt poor challenge. I have redone that poor house so much!

@Charlottesmom The Monotone! That's what it's called. :) And me too, in pretty much every color combination known to man. :lol:
    Oh wow, new addiction - Fake Houses, Real Awesome, AND all the wonderful CC it links to!
  • IreneSwiftIreneSwift Posts: 6,247 Member
    edited December 2017

I especially like that the Shotgun house is on such a large lot, because I almost always have my sims gardening, and before I got Seasons, I always put their exercise equipment and other skill items outdoors. It's the one I always used to use in SV, until I started using the 2 bedroom starter house from the Generations library selections instead.

I almost always use Dogpatch in Riverview for the same reason, nice size, large lot, good for gardening, though it looks quite run down, and I prefer to fix it up CASt. In Appaloosa Plains, I love Pacer Place. In Hidden Springs, my favorite is Handcrafted Masterpiece, though I especially like the Country Dream Cottage, though at more than $30,000 it isn't a starter. Sometimes I'll cheat my sims into it to start, if I'm starting with a couple or a ready made family. My favorite in IP is Seaside Escape, which is over the water on a stilted foundation, on the smaller of the two large islands. In Moonlight Falls, my favorite is the Craftsman's Mansion, though for a single sim I'll have to remove some of the furniture to make it affordable, or cheat them into it, as it's over $19,000. But the Comfortable Classic is my favorite no-cheat starter there. My favorite starter in Starlight Shores is the compact cottage.

Lately though, I mostly use houses I've built myself.
    Post edited by IreneSwift on