Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What's Up With All This Hugging? Solved!

CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
edited December 2017 in The Sims 2
Some of you may not know I had to restart my hood with a fresh EA game and adding back in my custom content a little bit at time since I somehow let some invisible portals hacks/mods slip into my last game from some lots from a particular site. But anyway, I really enjoyed those Sims and that hood. When I had to recreate them and their homes etc. and clean all my lots of these invisible portal hacks, and start all over 'fresh' I noticed something that is annoying me.

Everyone in this rebuilt town and using my bodyshop Sims to start all over, everyone, I do mean everyone tries to hug each other. Not the 'earthy hug' just a 'friendly hug'. It happens on community lots (all townies) it happens at all my different Sims' homes etc. It's like they are obsessed with trying to hug total strangers. Once greeted, I see townies try to hug other townies, I see my own Sims who I'm not playing while rotating try to hug each other (most are refused unless friends) and it happens at home all the time. It's like TS4 has slipped into my game with the constant interruptions to 'hug' etc.
"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
Post edited by Cinebar on

Comments

• Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,585 Member
    edited December 2017
    You have the Super Duper hug bug... It's from missing or bad *social mods. I've had it before. :(

http://modthesims.info/t/494937
  • JULES1111JULES1111 Posts: 4,489 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »
    Some of you may not know I had to restart my hood with a fresh EA game and adding back in my custom content a little bit at time since I somehow let some invisible portals hacks/mods slip into my last game from some lots from a particular site. But anyway, I really enjoyed those Sims and that hood. When I had to recreate them and their homes etc. and clean all my lots of these invisible portal hacks, and start all over 'fresh' I noticed something that is annoying me.

Everyone in this rebuilt town and using my bodyshop Sims to start all over, everyone, I do mean everyone tries to hug each other. Not the 'earthy hug' just a 'friendly hug'. It happens on community lots (all townies) it happens at all my different Sims' homes etc. It's like they are obsessed with trying to hug total strangers. Once greeted, I see townies try to hug other townies, I see my own Sims who I'm not playing while rotating try to hug each other (most are refused unless friends) and it happens at home all the time. It's like TS4 has slipped into my game with the constant interruptions to 'hug' etc.

Yup agree with Rflong. At least one of those lots you downloaded was infected, unless you created it yourself. Super Duper hug bug...*shivers* That's why I only download lots made by Rflong now. :D It is the only bug that can be transferred sharing lots, and every one of your lots is now infected with it. I think I read somewhere where to cover up the symptoms, but I don't think you can ever truly get rid of it.
  • Scribal_GoddessScribal_Goddess Posts: 748 Member
    edited December 2017
    Use the Boiling Oil "no sim loaded" hack: you'll have to google it or get it from Leefish, which is censored here.

The actual bug does not negatively impact your game beyond being a nuisance, so you can suppress it and ignore it safely, but if you plan to package lots, warn anyone who wants to download.
    Patron Goddess of Newbs and Ninnyhammers.
    TS2 Graphics Fix Tutorial]
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited December 2017
    Dag Nabit. I had just cleaned all my lots and custom content before starting over, and I did not add back in right away a few mods made from well known modders so I get a super duper hug bug? I wondered why when clicking on some Sims I had an option to Debug Super Hug in the menu of socials to perform with them. Dag Nabit. I haven't downloaded anymore lots or stuff or put any of the stuff back in that was causing my game to crash before. The only custom content I put back in was stuff I had in there for over ten years nothing new I downloaded in last few months. A fresh new EA folder, and I didn't add in any of my mods I had used for years from a well known site which had never caused any problems. Didn't reinstall any downloaded lots and cleaned all my own built lots of any cc or mods before putting them in this new game. :/

Plum. I just finished rebuilding that whole hood again, plum.

ETA: Another question why do some of my Sims have a witch outfit though they have not met the witches while I was playing them but when I returned to some of them some have witch outfits and other unknown outfits from CAS not sure why they have some outfits I didn't give them. Not sure it's work related outfits some don't have jobs.

ETA: Why I don't feel it was a lot in the hood was because I saw this as soon as I started playing my first family at their house. I didn't have hardly any lots in the hood yet, I just thought it was them and I didn't know this was going to spread to every lot I added (some I built from scratch not reused and pre cleaned).

These are the mods I did not add back in right away.

No More Witch mod by SW.
    Sit anywhere to with drink mod MTS
    Watch TV from any angle mod MTS

Free Time Phone Book fix by SW

That's the mods I had been using that I didn't add back into this new game right away. The only two that are social are the TV and drink mods. I built their home myself so I have no idea how it started or why. I know it started the day I loaded them first day.

I wrote out plum it's my new swear word. They should censor the word plum since so many of us use it now to let out our frustration instead of actually swearing.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
    Sounds like maybe you didn't download it then. I am not sure what happened to have it appear in your game, I am only a little familiar with it. Never had it myself. Like Scribal_Goddess says it won't do harm, it is just annoying. I know these 2 mods were probably not the cause, as I have had them and temporarily removed them when testing CC for a friend. Sit anywhere to with drink mod MTS, Watch TV from any angle mod MTS. The other two I am unsure of.

No idea why your sim started to dress as a witch or other unknown outfits. Never had that happen, it is strange. Sounds like you have more then one issue, though I can't tell you what that is...I am no good here. :D

Yes plum is a word I use quite often when I need to censor myself. :joy:
    edited December 2017
    I read the link Rflong posted and someone in that thread thought this actually is a thing in an EP. I'm going to have to sort of (I don't know) agree with that train of thought because on some Sims if I have boolprop turned on, there is an option to Debug Super Hug. That doesn't sound like a 'bug' to me but something written in game and able to debug it if boolprop is turned on. Behavioral mods such as I had (I don't hardly use any mods at all just custom content and or some pose boxes stuff etc.) may block this but seen if those are removed from game, but I'm starting to think this is something in BV or FT and was just hidden to players if they were using any sort of social behavioral mod.

Because the mods I had in game are very tame, stuff like don't show the animations on the stereos etc. Nothing like other players may be using to change behavior in game since I enjoy TS2 behavior most of the time. So, I don't know how it's in game now, when I have never seen it before other than out of family Sims sometimes but not this often. I didn't have any other mods than the ones I listed and or some stuff like No More Wolf sign (object) etc. Nothing really all that important to gameplay.

ETA: The Free Time Phone Book mod is still needed (fixes missing townies in phone book) if Double Deluxe or Fun With Pets is installed (which are both in TS2UC) originally it was built to show the hobby townies they broke from being able to call but they later patched that. But if you have Fun With Pets and Double Deluxe installed those patches may not be in either of those packs. Like yes, you can call the coach again etc. however, you may not be able to call the bartender on a community lot, some you can some you can't. That mod though it was meant for something else actually fixes the problem I just mentioned which it shouldn't but it does.
    I read the link Rflong posted and someone in that thread thought this actually is a thing in an EP. I'm going to have to sort of (I don't know) agree with that train of thought because on some Sims if I have boolprop turned on, there is an option to Debug Super Hug. That doesn't sound like a 'bug' to me but something written in game and able to debug it if boolprop is turned on. Behavioral mods such as I had (I don't hardly use any mods at all just custom content and or some pose boxes stuff etc.) may block this but seen if those are removed from game, but I'm starting to think this is something in BV or FT and was just hidden to players if they were using any sort of social behavioral mod.

Because the mods I had in game are very tame, stuff like don't show the animations on the stereos etc. Nothing like other players may be using to change behavior in game since I enjoy TS2 behavior most of the time. So, I don't know how it's in game now, when I have never seen it before other than out of family Sims sometimes but not this often. I didn't have any other mods than the ones I listed and or some stuff like No More Wolf sign (object) etc. Nothing really all that important to gameplay.

ETA: The Free Time Phone Book mod is still needed (fixes missing townies in phone book) if Double Deluxe or Fun With Pets is installed (which are both in TS2UC) originally it was built to show the hobby townies they broke from being able to call but they later patched that. But if you have Fun With Pets and Double Deluxe installed those patches may not be in either of those packs. Like yes, you can call the coach again etc. however, you may not be able to call the bartender on a community lot, some you can some you can't. That mod though it was meant for something else actually fixes the problem I just mentioned which it shouldn't but it does.

Not really. It is there in the background for developers, but it shouldn't appear in the game itself. The person you are talking about didn't have their CC and mods enabled after adding a pack, that is why it showed up for them. Reading a small description, it isn't just social hacks for interactions and such, it is any hack that adds a menu option onto a sim, if it is badly done. So when you click on your sim, if you had any mod that adds a extra option to choose, social interaction or not, it can cause the bug if it is removed if the creator didn't make it right.

Example: I have Bo's twins and triplets mod. This adds a new option when clicking on your sim to change the odds of such a birth. (I leave it as his default because that suited me) but if it was badly made (which I doubt considering the source) if I removed it the interaction on the sim would change to the Super Duper hug to replace what I removed, then spread like wild fire to each lot I loaded.
    edited December 2017
    I'm sure I didn't have any (new) mods at all that allowed me to have an extra option on them as you say. The reason I know this is because I use boolprop to age up some teens to adults and there wasn't any such extra menu options until I didn't put back in the mods I listed. So, I put back in all those mods I listed earlier and now I no longer have the Super Duper Hug bug. I'm not sure which mods I listed, (Drink mod by Mog, Watch TV from any angle mod by Mog, and Free Time Phone Book Fix by SimWardrobe), could have caused or fixed the issues. It's weird. But now with those mods back in my game I no longer have the Hug bug or an extra option to Debug it with boolprop.

I forgot I added back in the No More Witch mod, too, made by SimWardrobe (which had been in my game for years) and so those four mods out of game and I had the hug bug, put back in, I no longer have it. Weird.

ETA: @JULES1111 forget what I said earlier, I just checked and it seems my lots are clean except for one and that is the main household I play. I loaded the game again, and found that household still has the option on the Sims in that house to Debug Super Hug (which makes them hug Sims) and it is annoying. plum. :/ I thought I had almost solved it, but seems it doesn't matter how many times I remove CC my game is still bugged.
    I'm sure I didn't have any (new) mods at all that allowed me to have an extra option on them as you say. The reason I know this is because I use boolprop to age up some teens to adults and there wasn't any such extra menu options until I didn't put back in the mods I listed. So, I put back in all those mods I listed earlier and now I no longer have the Super Duper Hug bug. I'm not sure which mods I listed, (Drink mod by Mog, Watch TV from any angle mod by Mog, and Free Time Phone Book Fix by SimWardrobe), could have caused or fixed the issues. It's weird. But now with those mods back in my game I no longer have the Hug bug or an extra option to Debug it with boolprop.

I forgot I added back in the No More Witch mod, too, made by SimWardrobe (which had been in my game for years) and so those four mods out of game and I had the hug bug, put back in, I no longer have it. Weird.

ETA: @JULES1111 forget what I said earlier, I just checked and it seems my lots are clean except for one and that is the main household I play. I loaded the game again, and found that household still has the option on the Sims in that house to Debug Super Hug (which makes them hug Sims) and it is annoying. plum. :/ I thought I had almost solved it, but seems it doesn't matter how many times I remove CC my game is still bugged.

My money is on the culprit being the Free Time Phone Book Fix, not because SimWardrobe did anything wrong, but because it seems like it could have tweaked sim interactions, which as I understand is the sort of mod that can leave the Super Hug behind when removed from a neighborhood.
    @Cinebar it is the removal of a certain piece of CC/mods that caused the issue in the first place, so removing them will do no good. Maybe @Scribal_Goddess is right and it was the phone book hack. That is one of the two I didn't have that you listed.

Offtopic but @Scribal_Goddess you should ask a mod to sticky your corruption thread so people are sure to see it. It will be very useful to those playing for the first time, or even those that had no clue in the first place. :D I would hate to see you put in so much work for it just to get lost.
    edited December 2017
    Rflong7 wrote: »
    You have the Super Duper hug bug... It's from missing or bad *social mods. I've had it before. :(

http://modthesims.info/t/494937

Update: thank you @Rflong7, I reread the whole thread you linked and though I don't know how or what caused me the super hug bug or option to debug it (which just actually makes Sims hug other Sims) but I think I got rid of it now, by doing exactly what one other tester did in the thread you linked. I got the modder's mod in this link you posted and tested it on all my occupied lots and then saved when Debug Super Hug was no longer available which one tester and the mod creator said would clean my lots. I just have one question, it's now replaced (in the section of the menu when you click on a Sim if boolprop is on) with Debug FBA On, I don't know what that is but at least I no longer have the super hug bug by installing the mod then saving and exiting each lot after testing to make sure it's no longer a thing. I goggled Debug FBA and no one seems to know what that option is in the menu, but that is what has replaced the Debug Super Hug menu option.

Thank you and Jules, I think by using the mod (just installing it works if anyone reads the thread) for helping me I was afraid I would have to start all over and rebuild all my lots but not so according to a tester in the thread. Yay.

ETA: I now think it was a few lots I downloaded from archived websites that I didn't see anything bad in them with Clean Installer but the Hug bug doesn't show up in clean installer. Those mods I had I had used for years so I sort of doubt they were the real problem.
  • Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,585 Member
    It doesn't show up in Clean installer. It just tags along. That's why it can't be caught. You have to know the lots are clean- the bug was like the TS3 doll. It's still out there in old lots. :(
    Glad you got it worked out and are able to play again. I have no idea what Debug FBA On is. Clean installer won't find the hug bug, it is just a evil thing that tags along on lots. You could be right that is where you got it from. Sounds like the most likely case.
  • theFellatheFella Posts: 297 Member
    Rflong7 wrote: »
    It doesn't show up in Clean installer. It just tags along. That's why it can't be caught. You have to know the lots are clean- the bug was like the TS3 doll. It's still out there in old lots. :(

That 🐸🐸🐸🐸 doll.
    MeanBrilliantArrowworm-size_restricted.gif
    Dolphin's mod fixes the problem as it actively looks for the problem of the super hug. (Cleans the lots check for hug on each lot you visit, it should be gone under boolprop menu on Sim) Once gone you can remove the mod if you don't want to control visiting Sims or townies etc.
    JULES1111 wrote: »
    @Cinebar it is the removal of a certain piece of CC/mods that caused the issue in the first place, so removing them will do no good. Maybe @Scribal_Goddess is right and it was the phone book hack. That is one of the two I didn't have that you listed.

Offtopic but @Scribal_Goddess you should ask a mod to sticky your corruption thread so people are sure to see it. It will be very useful to those playing for the first time, or even those that had no clue in the first place. :D I would hate to see you put in so much work for it just to get lost.

I should poke a mod about that...