Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Your Most Meaningful Screenshots?

Comments

• Options
    FirandeFirande Posts: 816 Member
    @Tomatplante Beautiful screenshots!! Really amazing. I love them and they do speak for themselves. Wow. By the way, is that Sergio in your later pics?! I married Sergio to one of my own Sims and they've been so amazing together!! But now that they're having kids their relationship's been diminishing terribly, because Sergio hates children. He actually cried when my Sim told him the big news, hehe. So I think they utimately won't have the happy ending I would have loved for them... when I saw those screenshots I immediately thought of my Sergio being all angry and upset after Mara, my Sim, admitted she was pregnant. He even missed her birth!! I missed it entirely on accident as Sergio was visiting good friends Candy and Joaquin and suddenly I got this screen that said "congratz, it's a girl." I was like wut... :joy:

You have such amazing lighting in your pictures. I love it when Simmers use the amazing lighting in TS4 to make the most beautiful screenshots. And also slightly off-topic, but I love how you decorated that kids' room! Really, really beautiful pictures and your Sims are beautiful too. I especially love the red-haired girl in the second picture. :blush:
    Origin ID: Fierande | Simlit | Tumblr

fgQIHTb.png
  • Options
    DoloresGreyDoloresGrey Posts: 3,490 Member
    Love is all around 8_12_2017_9_39_14.png
    8_12_2017_13_42_57.png
    19_11_2017_20_11_58.png26_6_2017_14_22_41.png4_12_2017_13_14_01.png
    6_12_2017_12_53_40.png
    7_12_2017_8_03_28.png
    -probably just playing Phasmophobia :p
  • Options
    @DoloresGrey Beautiful!! :love: Especially that third screenshot.. that's one of the most beautiful settings I've ever seen... that lighting. Love the theme of love here, it's so heartwarming to look at. :blush:

fgQIHTb.png
  • Options
    DoloresGreyDoloresGrey Posts: 3,490 Member
    @Firande Thank You <3 I have another two
    19_11_2017_20_09_35.png
    19_11_2017_20_11_21.png
    -probably just playing Phasmophobia :p
  • Options
    RedDestiny92RedDestiny92 Posts: 7,850 Member
    found a few more old ones I liked.
    12-24-16_9-27-09_AM.png
    04-02-17_9-42-12_PM.png
    04-02-17_9-53-43_PM.png
    04-02-17_9-56-11_PM.png
    01-17-17_4-12-04_PM.png
    Reddestiny921 on the gallery...still not sure if I capitalized the second d..lol
    All the sims err'day
    PmyCqgA.png
  • Options
    DominicLaurenceDominicLaurence Posts: 3,398 Member
    @DominicLaurence There is often one or two things you can change to make things seem new though sometimes, well for me personally, things that are done the same but different in the story are certainly nice or not so much for their own reasons. Though for the content I get as my own special treat I indulge my need to repeat some things because it leaves me with things I haven't done, or tasks I haven't completed that have a better place in a different family. Oh of course, well good for him he deserved just that and then some :smiley: and I did take a look at that game don't think I've ever heard of it but it does sound interesting. I have developed more of an interest in more things as time has gone on, even old animations with basic family life as well as things with more to their story I was much more stubborn and set in my ways when I was a kid. Ha, well I guess I'm still like that in some areas.
    @kellza definitely one of my favorites and at first I couldn't find it I just happen to see it after a google search for wedding cc I think it was. I really like the bride and groom in the fountain, and the new mom so excited couldn't even leave the toilet heh.
    @Firande just looking at the screenshot could have been looked at as though she was overwhelmed collecting her thoughts at least to me.

@RedDestiny92 Out talk got me a long time thinking about the moments of repetition and looking at them again I rached the conclusion that I was wrong. Taking parties as exemple, they function all in the same way by geez, how different emotions each of them can ignite in my mind! I guess in the end no matter how many times it can be executed, events will always have their aura.

I was going to post this in the 'favourite screenshots' thread but in the end it is just a complementation of the pics I last posted here. All of them celebrations, each with countless meaningful stories to tell.

JPxn3qo.png
    BpUyhja.png
    NiAM4Wc.png
    uMQWGL1.png
    MPt4elE.png
    6bZiXF0.png
    C55JHVh.png
    wGDRFY9.png
    ID: StGerris
    Legacy Photomode
  • Options
    sillyangel0906sillyangel0906 Posts: 5,405 Member
    @sillyangel0906

How do you take such high-quality pictures of your family? :)

It's CAS screenshots that I put together in Photoshop. You can learn here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pSkqxKv7JS0&amp;list=PLAf1bezHiB6kqm4TEt0L5PElkcgV8OVW7&amp;index=18
    Origin ID - Sillyangel0906

Q7wLwse.png
  • Options
    @DominicLaurence those are lovely pics they all have something to say, I think for those who are long time simmers or those who are new but learned to love whichever game they prefer appreciate that repetition, at least it's something that comes in. It doesn't always work sure but sims have gotten married, or just paired up, had kids...or had kids pop into existence, thrown parties and completed tasks among other things many times and for this it's certainly part of the charm. Even games that are different and it only gets repetitive because one has played through them so many times I like being able to come back story time matters though I do like a simple collection of items and such once in a while but story keeps things going with what you have I always want more just because I like a lot of the content not because I can't do anything with what I have.
    Reddestiny921 on the gallery...still not sure if I capitalized the second d..lol
    All the sims err'day
    PmyCqgA.png
  • Options
    TomatplanteTomatplante Posts: 2,793 Member
    Firande wrote: »
    @Tomatplante Beautiful screenshots!! Really amazing. I love them and they do speak for themselves. Wow. By the way, is that Sergio in your later pics?! I married Sergio to one of my own Sims and they've been so amazing together!! But now that they're having kids their relationship's been diminishing terribly, because Sergio hates children. He actually cried when my Sim told him the big news, hehe. So I think they utimately won't have the happy ending I would have loved for them... when I saw those screenshots I immediately thought of my Sergio being all angry and upset after Mara, my Sim, admitted she was pregnant. He even missed her birth!! I missed it entirely on accident as Sergio was visiting good friends Candy and Joaquin and suddenly I got this screen that said "congratz, it's a girl." I was like wut... :joy:

You have such amazing lighting in your pictures. I love it when Simmers use the amazing lighting in TS4 to make the most beautiful screenshots. And also slightly off-topic, but I love how you decorated that kids' room! Really, really beautiful pictures and your Sims are beautiful too. I especially love the red-haired girl in the second picture. :blush:

Thank you! Yes, that's Sergio Romeo. He married my sim Kuiper Kurosawa, and they were happy for a while. Until - yup, exactly - they had children together. Then he was just grumpy and unpleasant all the time, and when they couldn't stop fighting in front of their children I decided it was time to break them up. So it ended in one of the very few divorces in my sims' legacy, but it felt like the right thing to do.

The redhead in the second picture is called Gabriella, and she's one of my favorites too. She's a young adult now and has gone into politics to fight for animal rights.
    uHN01XD.png
  • Options
    Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    Thank you so much for starting this thread @Firande I absolutely adore all the posts everyone has shared so far, they're so beautiful! I'm envious of the wonderful rigs y'all must have to play this game. :)

I have SO many meaningful screenshots, it was hard to pick only a few. I decided to break them up into 'stories' so I don't flood the thread and I'll put them in a spoiler too.

This first one is about Leonardo & Iris. They are one of my all time favorite couples. Iris was the star of my Homeless Elder Challenge and Leonardo was the adult gardener she met and befriended during the challenge. Afterwards, they started a May-December romance, moved in together and soon married.

These screenshots are a VERY shortened condensed version of their story of only a few of the very best I have of them. I took literally hundreds. lol Hopefully they need no words to convey what's happened.

I hope you don't mind I posted so many. I'll wait awhile before posting again. Thanks again OP and I can't wait to see more from everyone else. Happy Simming! <3

Leonardo & Iris Gleason:
    jUpc13L.png

4iuLIIw.png

r5EsJ72.png

P6uq8zZ.png

8g4zQT6.png

A9RTxxW.png

YU7gcOB.png

QX0cxOv.png

bTjVDvF.png

LCuwkO3.png

8sGw7ih.png

mlbMOsw.png

nYE0MPm.png

E7WL36L.png

dZxlmqW.png

JeNAAUn.png

z0Eb4Qd.png

C0Rs0F7.png

SiWvfiJ.png

zUUXiSt.png

3nl75Uf.png
  • Options
    @Karababy52 I have a basic computer compared to some, though the more affordable types can be much better for gaming than some think heh I like your pics they're so sweet. though the poor thing losing his love at least her ghost is there. As for pics I had so many lost to photobucket being too expensive and locking images still I have a quite a bit to go through myself love my screenies ha.
    All the sims err'day
    PmyCqgA.png
  • Options
    My laptop is a toaster built in 2009 with integrated graphics and only 3GB of RAM. o.O lol I'm surprised and extremely pleased it runs the game at all, even with a couple EPs, GPs and a few SPs. I don't dare try to get anything else though (which is killing me) until I get a new computer, preferrably a desktop. Hopefully Santa will bring me one so I can finally play the CL EP I bought the beginning of the year. I'd LOVE to get Parenthood, Vampires, C&D and few SPs I don't have too. Oh well, one day....

Thanks about my pics. I feel so sad for Leo losing Iris so soon, but as you say, at least he has her ghost when he visits Sylvan Glades. Not sure how much longer he'll be able to do that though before facing the fact he needs to let her go and move on. :(

I lost a TON of pics being held hostage by photobucket too, it's frustrating. Especially all my TS2 pics, those are what I'm the most sad about, and my old forum pics. Most of them I still have on my HD, but a lot of them are gone forever. :(

I love my screenshots too! I take way too many. lol I can't help myself though, it's nice having them to look back and revisit/remember those stories of my much loved Sims that I don't play anymore. And current ones too of course. :)
  • Options
    oh I know how that is I was very lucky when sims 4 came out I had a computer that was on it's deathbed and only had 1 gb of usable ram out of two it was probably best for a student who just needed to write papers and it was very cheap. There was bad lag as expected but it worked and I played on it till it croaked, sometimes you just have to push what you can afford while doing your own research on computers...I'm also a very stubborn and chill gamer so I'll take lag if I can use most of it I kept the basegame for that I think I don't remember how brave I was lol. Guess we can count the good bits. ha.

Sure thing, some sims it's sadder when they lose loved ones depending on the story, I wonder if he'll move on.

It really got to me losing some of those pics my build thread is a mess and some of those came from nice families with good stories one a mother cheating on her foolish husband without him knowing till her first born was born and she moved out. Separated from the family forced to homelessness till her children's father could forgive her for her deceit...oh well I suppose I'll get over it at least I have other options for pics. I always take too many sometimes I'll share twenty some pics and think I downsized from fifty meh there is always something I want to capture. Good thing for memories though heh.
    All the sims err'day
    PmyCqgA.png
  • Options
    DominicLaurenceDominicLaurence Posts: 3,398 Member
    Karababy52 wrote: »
    Thank you so much for starting this thread @Firande I absolutely adore all the posts everyone has shared so far, they're so beautiful! I'm envious of the wonderful rigs y'all must have to play this game. :)

I have SO many meaningful screenshots, it was hard to pick only a few. I decided to break them up into 'stories' so I don't flood the thread and I'll put them in a spoiler too.

This first one is about Leonardo & Iris. They are one of my all time favorite couples. Iris was the star of my Homeless Elder Challenge and Leonardo was the adult gardener she met and befriended during the challenge. Afterwards, they started a May-December romance, moved in together and soon married.

These screenshots are a VERY shortened condensed version of their story of only a few of the very best I have of them. I took literally hundreds. lol Hopefully they need no words to convey what's happened.

I hope you don't mind I posted so many. I'll wait awhile before posting again. Thanks again OP and I can't wait to see more from everyone else. Happy Simming! <3

Leonardo & Iris Gleason:
    jUpc13L.png

4iuLIIw.png

r5EsJ72.png

P6uq8zZ.png

8g4zQT6.png

A9RTxxW.png

YU7gcOB.png

QX0cxOv.png

bTjVDvF.png

LCuwkO3.png

8sGw7ih.png

mlbMOsw.png

nYE0MPm.png

E7WL36L.png

dZxlmqW.png

JeNAAUn.png

z0Eb4Qd.png

C0Rs0F7.png

SiWvfiJ.png

zUUXiSt.png

3nl75Uf.png

Awesome (and really beautiful) idea with the secret lot! The colours add such an especial atmosphere to the story, turns what would be incredibly morbid and sad (which have value too, I must say) in tenderness.
    ID: StGerris
    Legacy Photomode
  • Options
    Wow, sounds like you were extremely lucky to have run the game at all back then. But yeah, we do the best with what we have and hope that the next play session isn't the last. I think it helps I use a laptop cooler and play as streamlined as possible, only one family at a time per save, laptop mode, delete any extra Sims, lots, no mods, no cc, play offline, etc.

Hey, I'll put up with almost anything as long as I can play! ;) Still doesn't stop me from dreaming and drooling over the possibility of playing on high graphics one day. I've never been able to do that since TS1. Screenshots other Simmers post leave me in awe of the lighting/beauty of this game.

Anyway... aw, bummer about those pics you lost from those stories. They sound very interesting and fun! But, yep there is other options for pics, like imgur. Thank goodness! Love that site! Good luck and have fun, can't wait to see more of yours and others screenshots. :)
  • Options
    yeah really, it makes me laugh when I watch simmers with amazing computers complaining about a split second lag moment when I think of getting the game to run on that laptop, like they don't even know. Oh yeah, just one family but it was fun all the same I still end up favoring families in my rotations. One who is careful can get a cheap computer to work it's best for a while that's good at least, oh I know there are some that I would love to have I'm such an electronics nerd but at least what is 'low quality' doesn't always mean you have to miss out at least. The game is very pretty I love various art styles so it's nice to enjoy it while I can, though I still liked it when it was a fuzzy mess too ha.

Ah the ts1 days a lot of times I didn't have a computer that could handle the games and sometimes I did, then there were times I didn't have a personal computer at all it's nice now when I can watch other people play or see pics though. Yeah but it's okay I just keep them in mind because I do remember a lot of what happened I love stories when I play so some sims are always more important than others. I started using imgur but didn't use it much which is good now because whenever I use up the space limit on flickr I have space available elsewhere.

You too, always feel free to share I try to be considerate because I do post a lot but if no one posts it takes a while to get a new page for everyone.
    All the sims err'day
    PmyCqgA.png
  • Options
    edited December 2017
    Awesome (and really beautiful) idea with the secret lot! The colours add such an especial atmosphere to the story, turns what would be incredibly morbid and sad (which have value too, I must say) in tenderness.

Thank you and yes, I agree, Sylvan Glade is such a beautiful secret lot. It made me sad to read in a thread on here that most Simmers don't even go to them. I wasn't even sure if it would work taking an urn there, if the ghost would still emerge. Happily, it works perfectly. When Iris emerged I had the biggest melancholy smile on my face. Another reason why that one shot is so meaningful to me.

Sylvan Glade is one of Iris's favorite places and she requested Leo take her urn there for her final resting place. I think she knew that if she stayed on their lot, Leo wouldn't be able to move on as soon as he should.

@RedDestiny92 I don't laugh, I just roll my eyes. But, I guess if you're used to great graphics, any little glitch/lag is going to be much more glaringly obvious eh?

Oh, yeah, flickr, I have that. I used that back in my TS2 forum days. Never thought of using it for TS4, great idea, thanks for the reminder!

Headed off to play my game a bit. Have a great rest of your evening/day/afternoon, whatever it happens to be in your part of the world. :)
  • Options
    @Karababy52 Yeah I suppose it is like that, still it just gives me a little chuckle just enough lag to see but not enough to effect your playtime yeah if you can't avoid lag that's the best kind to get. Sure thing, ts4 pics aren't too big so you can get a good use out of the space they offer on flickr, have fun, and the same to you :)
    All the sims err'day
    PmyCqgA.png
  • Options
    agustdagustd Posts: 946 Member
    What an awesome thread! There are many dedicated to screenshots on here, but I love that this one is particularly focused on emotions and the right setting... Like all of us here, I'm guilty of taking waaay to many screenies when I play and it can get quite time consuming, because I always want to find the best angle and I tend to fiddle with the camera for a long time before I'm finally satisfied :D Here are some of my favorites, some are very old but they're all from the same legacy I've been playing since CL came out.

Warning: Extremely picture heavy!

uCo5Vj4.png
    Just some family fun, but I think this screenshot came out especially nice.. It looks like one of those generic family stock photos and I love it :D Some things our sims do are just so realistic. Like here, everyone is reacting to the match of don't wake the llama in their own way, and the ones who can't play are crowding around the table just watching and having fun with the rest.

6PrRdWc.png
    I've shared this one on the forum before, but it's my all time favorite. My sim Kaia and her daughter Shakhar, looking each other with so much emotion you start to wonder if it's really just a game and if these little pixel people don't have minds on their own..

XDbpPBM.png
    This one I guess would just be called a heartbreak... Mariah here wasn't too pleased with herself. It was her who introduced Mylo, her new friend, to Leo, her crush of many many years. She was stuck with watching the lovebirds with an aching heart.

AU7zhjT.png
    First time Mylo babysat her little sister Shiadhal. I think her facial expression says about everything about her childcare skills :p

o6nbozI.png
    This one looks like poseplayer was used on it, but I didn't stage that scene at all. My game did something weird and I caught the two sims right before they merged into one, but it fit the story so well I just stared at the shot open mouthed for a while. This happened right after Eric drunkenly tried to flirt with Amy, seconds before her boyfriend appeared out of nowhere and decided to yell at him. Funny though, because later Amy happened to be the mom of Eric's first child. Anyway, I'm still surprised at how realistic it looks!

6AYvJL5.png
    Ah yes... Eric's child with Amy. A beautiful little accident that kind of ruined his life. Tere he was, back at his parents' house, sharing a bedroom with the newborn Amy dropped off on his doorstep before she moved to another country. As you can see he was clearly dead worried about the future that has become one big question mark for him, after he couldn't get any sleep at night. It's a heartbreaking shot but I'm proud of myself for pausing at just the right moment!

cY9XonJ.png
    A more lighthearted moment of family having ramen together. Love this one because it looks like Akira is trying to teach his granddaughter how to use chopsticks and she's absolutely terrified of the idea :D

e6svhc2.png
    And to end off, one day I took Akira and Adelyn to the Romance Festival as a way to celebrate their marriage anniversary, knowing they don't have much time left. I was getting a little emotional about how beautiful and strong their relationship was and then I noticed them autonomously cuddling on the bench, as if they were sharing the very same exact thoughts that moment <3
  • Options
    woohootattoowoohootattoo Posts: 25 Member
    These are all so awesome! Thanks for sharing. :)
    Hi Guys, it's Alex here -- The Girl with the Woohoo Tattoo

(Rebranded to TheLadyStardust, but it's still me!!)
  • Options
    maicemaice Posts: 167 Member
    edited December 2017
    Here's a couple of mine involving my dearest sim, Luke. He was my first.

KNzPcL7.jpg

The green haired fellow is Luke's brother, Benson, who I created for the Not-So-Berry challenge.
    The third guy is Benson's wife's brother.
    Luke doesn't even live there, not sure why he's made himself so at home.

Su9yPTE.jpg

• Options
    @Karababy52 I'm glad you like the thread! :blush: Your screenshots are absolutely beautiful. I said it once on here and I'll say it again: I really, really love it when ghosts appear in screenshots. It makes your story so bittersweet. I love your screenshots, because they tell the story themselves - you don't need any description to experience your story & it's beautiful. I didn't know you could place gravestones on secret lots, that's such an ingenious idea and very, very beautiful. The fact that her ghost's still around is what makes your story both really sad but also bittersweet... I just love pictures with ghosts. Poor guy, though, losing the love of his life way too early (even though it was her time to go). :(

@agustd Yeah, I really wanted a thread dedicated to just beautiful screenshots & the stories they tell... was very hesitant about actually starting this thread because I didn't know if people would get it / like it, but then I accidentally clicked on post when I wanted to preview and it was out there anyway haha. Your screenshots are absolutely beautiful. I actually recognize that picture of your Sim Kaia and her daughter - I think I remember seeing in in the What Happened In Your Game today thread. It really captured my attention because it was just so beautifully captured and you're right, you really can see the love in both their eyes! I also have one screenshot, which I shared in my OP, where a father is playing with his toddler and you can really see love in his eyes. Makes my heart melt. You're really good at capturing the exact right moments! That picture with the Sims merging into one and the one where it looks like granddad is teaching the girl how to use chopsticks, they're captured at the exact right moment and really original & awesome. And the one of a very worried Eric with the baby bassinet behind him.... poor guy. You manage to capture your Sims' expressions so well!

@maice Such cute pictures. First one made me laugh... dude really doesn't care haha. Love the angle from which you captured that pic, and the two guys giggling at your Sim. :joy: Second one is just so cute. Luke is such a cute Sim. :blush:

fgQIHTb.png
  • Options
    Thank you @Firande :) I agree, the ghosts are special in this game and add another emotional dimension. Having said that, Iris is one of only two ghosts I've ever had in my game. I'll post the other one in a later post. I usually play with aging off unless I'm doing a challenge. :)

I've gathered a few random shots from across a wide variety of my many save files. They do tell a story on their own, but I'll give them a bit of an explanation. There's only 7, so I won't be putting them in a spoiler this time, I hope that's okay. Here we go...

f98AJcT.png
    This is Spring Weather, the founder of my only TS4 Legacy. She's upset because she's in labor and the baby Daddy is freaking out. Despite giving her a happy, supportive fist in the air when she told him he was going to be a Father, he still abandoned her after this shot. Don ran away like the hounds of H. E. double toothpicks were on his tail. I guess she should've known better since he's non-committal. But hey, love is blind, right? ;)

aNyWAjJ.png
    My first alien abduction! The abductee was my first ever alien and scientist, Romeo Pandorian. He ended up getting abducted twice!

kI4e8cB.png
    Here's Romeo meeting one of his own kind the first time he traveled back to Sixam after crash landing in Oasis Springs. I like to imagine she was a love interest he left behind and this is their reunion. Look at the way she's looking at him.

axnT5px.png
    This is Terra Demeter and her new townie boyfriend. She was the star of my Living off the Grid challenge save. She'd completed the challenge and I had her go looking for a mate. I think he's smitten. :)

aBX4YKP.png
    My Simself and Simself Hubby having some snuggles by a campfire in Granite Falls. This is very realistic for us. We often spend weekends in the Summer around the firepit in our backyard watching the stars and getting cozy on the wooden swing. We both love camping too! <3

LeyqdfU.png
    Leanne Summers is my collector Sim. To celebrate collecting everything possible, she went out to dinner at a fancy restaurant. Her new love interest was there with Bella Goth, but he only had eyes for her.

tWID0UO.png
    Robin Russo is my adrobable, pink loving, insane comedian. To anyone else this might look at bit sad, since these are her only friends so far. But Robin loves them and they make the perfect audience to practice routines. No catcalls! :)
  • Options
    @Karababy52 I especially like the one with Leanne, those little looks are always nice.
    All the sims err'day
    PmyCqgA.png
  • Options
    Thank you @RedDestiny92, that's one of my favorite shots too. Those special little 'knowing/yearning' looks Sims give each other just makes them feel alive sometimes. Leanne noticed him there after a few minutes and went over to talk and flirt with him. They ended up embracing and shared a sweet kiss. Bella didn't seem to mind, she actually cheered and clapped her hands. I got a kick out of that. :)
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top