Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

No way to meet NPC toddlers

I tried to get a playdate going, but when I went to social event playdate there are no toddlers listed.
Sid1701d-"I love my life, live my life and live to play, laugh and have fun."

"Love will Fight, Love will Win and Love will Survive."

Comments

• AstreonAstreon Posts: 1,291 Member
    Has your family befriended any toddlers? As in, done introductions and interactions with each other.
  • Francl27Francl27 Posts: 761 Member
    I laugh at the 'set up toddler playdates' line because yeah... my Sims never meet any toddlers. I've never seen a toddler out.
  • EuphorialQueenEuphorialQueen Posts: 6,224 Member
    edited November 2017
    The thing about Toddler playdates.
    So far the only way to be sure there are toddlers to meet is to place them yourself. I have not seen any Toddlers generated by the game. If I recall correctly one of the Gurus even said players need to make and add Toddlers.
    Your Sim needs to meet the parent of a Toddler before being able to invite them for a playdate.
  • Francl27Francl27 Posts: 761 Member
    I REALLY wish there was some story progression in the game without having to add a mod...
  • Sid1701D9Sid1701D9 Posts: 4,718 Member
    edited November 2017
    The stupid hospital generates toddlers, but the 🐸🐸🐸🐸 freaken walkby script don't allow toddlers to walk by so you never can meet them. So you are limited to toddlers that are in the families you play with.

• DoloresGreyDoloresGrey Posts: 3,490 Member
    edited November 2017
    First your sims need to meet some toddlers. The easiest way to do this is to add some toddlers into another family and then visit the family with your sims.

I think toddlers should be allowed to visit parks with their caregivers - nonplayed.
    -probably just playing Phasmophobia :p
  • Sid1701D9Sid1701D9 Posts: 4,718 Member
    You also got to be friends with one of the caregivers so that they will bring the toddler over.

• kalaksedkalaksed Posts: 2,643 Member
    i've actually taken a few of the randomly generated households with kids, aged the kids down via cas.fulleditmode, then placed the households around the world to have several (two or three) toddler townies for other households to go visit. but yeah, the toddlers will apparently only ever leave their home lot on playdates, after your sims go meet them. it would be nice for them to visit parks with toddler equipment. i put that stuff there for a reason!

• bumb1ebeebumb1ebee Posts: 28 Member
    I usually just use mc commands on a few townie sims so they have children, then when they age up to toddlers there are more in the world besides the ones in my family.
  • EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    edited December 2017
    If you use mods you can use this one to invite all toddlers (even unmet ones) to your playdate, and any unmet sims to other party types (great for inviting both of a couple's friends/families to a wedding, instead of just whoever is arranging it, for example).

Invite Any Guests part: http://modthesims.info/d/558097