Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 3 Question

Sorry if this is in the wrong place but I could not find a forum for the Sims 3. I play both 3 and 4. My question is this: They are having a sale on Steam for Sims 3 DLC, so I bought Seasons. Now I forget where to look for the Product Code so that the DLC will be recognized by Origin/EA. So can someone help me to make my Seasons DLC pack, purchased on Steam, so that it is recognized and can be played through Origins. I think I need the code for Seasons and I do know where to enter it on Origin, I just cannot find it on Steam where the purchase was made. Thank you all

Comments

• theFellatheFella Posts: 297 Member
    do not think there is a way. I think you have to go either all Origin or all Steam. happy to be proven wrong though.
    MeanBrilliantArrowworm-size_restricted.gif
  • AnmirlaAnmirla Posts: 3,835 Member
    The Sims 3 section is the very first subsection under The Sims: Legacy Titles (the same heading this subsection is in). From there, I would post under Help Center, then I would guess Technical Discussions.
    If you repost your question there, someone with more experience might be able to help you. :)
    baby%20bat_zpsgzvzhrnc.gif
  • KhemKat19KhemKat19 Posts: 129 Member
    theFella is correct, origin and steam are not compatible. Steam DLC requires the steam base game, and likewise origin DLC requires the origin base game :(
    Anmirla that is a really cute bat!
    @KhemKat19
    Thanks! I don't usually do cute, but he was irresistible. <3

That's too bad about the OP's issue. It should all be compatible, but I guess that's how they get ya.
    I miss the days of being able to buy them all on disk and not worry about connecting to the net just to start a game that I paid for. :/
  • PalmArrowPalmArrow Posts: 4,329 Member
    @Branthor4000 , I hope you haven't given up, because you CAN get a product code from your Steam purchase to use with Origin!

1. In the Steam client, click on Library.
    2. Of the three views available, choose "detail view" (The views are selected a little bit below the upper right corner of the window).
    3. A list of links will appear on the right side of the screen. One of the links is "CD key".
    edited November 2017
    I'm glad Steam still has the codes because Origin no longer does. I recently had to reinstall my entire game and didn't have the insert for my University disk. I called to try to get my CD key as it was registered, but they no longer post it or give you one - they encourage you to download it instead. Nope, I want to play from my disks that I paid for.

@Branthor4000 Good luck, I hope this works for you! :)
  • Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,403 Member
    They say that you can transfer TS3 from Steam to Origin, but not vice versa unless you have the discs.
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~