Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Farm Pack Hints

2...Next

Comments

• HugoBeeHugoBee Posts: 36 Member
    I hope we do get a farm pack, mostly because the new town that'd come with it would be plain awesome!
  • CheekybitsCheekybits Posts: 1,030 Member
    HugoBee wrote: »
    I hope we do get a farm pack, mostly because the new town that'd come with it would be plain awesome!

I don't think we'll get a new town maybe a small one but I definitely think we'll get a farm pack only because they had horses coded in to pets then removed.
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    I think we will get a large EP sized world and it may be the world that has more big and small lots verses a good mix of all size. We will need big lots for farms, there are a few different type of farms I'd like to create. And the small lots could be clumped around a medium sized lot with the farmers market in it.
    Cheekybits wrote: »
    HugoBee wrote: »

I don't think we'll get a new town maybe a small one but I definitely think we'll get a farm pack only because they had horses coded in to pets then removed.

Ahh, so you think like a Forgotten Hollow sized town? I hope we at least get something, even if it's as bad as Magnolia Promenade was. Farming is too good of a theme to have no town.
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    I think we will get a large EP sized world and it may be the world that has more big and small lots verses a good mix of all size. We will need big lots for farms, there are a few different type of farms I'd like to create. And the small lots could be clumped around a medium sized lot with the farmers market in it.

I hope you're right! I also think there'd be a decent-sized town if we did get a farming pack, because as you said, farming requires lots of land. And the farmers market idea sounds awesome! They could also make some pretty cool CAS items, and have a default townie with a sheep dog or something.
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    If it's going to be the size of FH then it may as well just be one big farm. There's no room for any others. It really needs to be an EP sized world.
  • LoftyLavenderLoftyLavender Posts: 2 New Member
    I really hope we get anything that has to do with agriculture, western themes and equestrian stuff.
    With Sims 3 Pets on console we never got horses and they were always something I wanted :) I Would definitely buy.
    I'd like to have a racing career and be able to feed my horse the apples and carrots I grew in my garden as treats and lease him out for some extra Simoleons.
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    I want a farm GP so much. I haven't seen too many, but some of the country wedding concepts I think would be cute in the theme that were shared recently of themes that didn't make the vote for the community SP.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • AlanSimsAlanSims Posts: 713 Member
    I also want a Farm GP and I think they're listening to what the community says. I hope they're also working on Seasons EP because I feel like that new Santa that came with the new patch is a hint that a new Vacation destination is coming soon.
  • chickenowchickenow Posts: 458 Member
    There was enough farm related stuff released on the Sims 3 Store that definitely warrants having a pretty sizable farm EP without Seasons.
    I definitely wouldn't want Seasons combined with farming. I fear that it would just end up with both features being watered down when both features are popular enough to stand on their own.
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited December 2017
    So one possible hint for a future farm pack someone has mentioned before is the speech bubble of a horse they noticed above their sim dog.

Another one I feel is the fact that the Sims folks said repeatedly that the world that came with Cats and Dogs is coastal but the vet clinic that came with it is named Country Clinic.

The fake background of the new world is a country farm world complete with farm animal noises. When Newcrest was patched in June 11th 2015 its fake background was that of a city. City Living came out a year and some months after that in November 2016. (@taydev also mentioned there were dogs barking as part of the background noise for City Living).

Have you guys spotted any other possible farm hints? Because right there is almost enough for me to think they arent coincidences and I could almost cry with excitement over it

Edited cause i have fat thumbs on a phone.

Just so you know- when farm animals get sick you do not take them to a vet most of the time - the vet comes to you and it is usually a different vet than the one you have for your cats and dogs. When we had the farm - we had geese, chickens, huge Belgium draft horses (the size of Clydesdale almost,) and the very beautiful long horned Scottish Highland cattle. You did not just pop one of our cattle into a carrier to go to the vet or one of the horses we had either - they weighed over a ton for one - and were not very receptive to being taken anywhere. Believe me it was a mission to take them to the fair every year to earn points and ribbons. But like all mammals they need shots, check ups, and even on rare occasions hurt themselves or got sick - never mind their papers (vaccinations and health checks) had to be up to date every year for the fair, so the Large animal vet was called and they showed up in a large mobile office on wheel to check out all our farm animals. They did not ever check any of our cats, dogs, ferrets, indoor birds etc though. That was a totally different vet that did small animals only - much like we have in game. Rarely do you have a vet that does both. Our small animal vet was a Country vet - so like when one of my chickens get injured by a fox - I was able to take her to our cat and dog vet because she did treat any small farm animals. It was a lot more expensive to call out the Large animal vet - believe me - so a country vet may treat an animal dog size and smaller - but the don't treat what is called large live stock. So seeing country doctor does not scream farm animals to me at all.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....