Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How many is playimg with the pet mod ?

I wonder how many of us are playing with the pet mod? I been playing with it since I start playing with pets.

Comments

• Options
    drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,115 Member
    I have it, but I really only use it to instruct my pets where to sleep. Love having the options for other things too though.
  • Options
    Dreamie209Dreamie209 Posts: 3,165 Member
    I enjoy it for special occasions. Like those moments when the dog refuses to go to the bathroom, or if I need two specific pets to breed for a story and they simply refuse to regardless of how many times my sim says to "be nice" :lol: .

Besides that I let them do their own random thing as always, and I haven't seen a different in there AI since installing it, so yeah lol. It awesome <3. It's really made things a little bit more interesting for me for sure <3.
    tumblr_p0kj4y5zKY1rz1zglo1_1280.png
    Fun Times, Cherished Memories, All under one Dream. Visit: The Dreamhouse and AbbyDreams
  • Options
    Horrorgirl6Horrorgirl6 Posts: 3,191 Member
    Dreamie209 wrote: »
    I enjoy it for special occasions. Like those moments when the dog refuses to go to the bathroom, or if I need two specific pets to breed for a story and they simply refuse to regardless of how many times my sim says to "be nice" :lol: .

Besides that I let them do their own random thing as always, and I haven't seen a different in there AI since installing it, so yeah lol. It awesome <3. It's really made things a little bit more interesting for me for sure <3.

Yah,I use it just to fill there needs or I want a pet to be more sociable.
  • Options
    DevilNDisguiseDevilNDisguise Posts: 2,225 Member
    I’ve been using it and I absolutely love it. I try not to control what they do too often, unless they’re refusing to fulfill their needs for whatever reason. I mostly just use it so I can see their needs.
  • Options
    MorticiaBlack7MorticiaBlack7 Posts: 130 Member
    I have the mod and use it daily, but mostly to see stats of my pets. I think the mod is a blessing for simmers!
  • Options
    tobumontobumon Posts: 680 Member
    edited November 2017
    I don't use it at all. I want my pets to act like actual pets, and not guiding them like a god.
    Post edited by tobumon on
  • Options
    GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    Where can I get this mod? Sounds like a useful tool to use. :)
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Options
    tobumon wrote: »
    I don't it at all. I want my pets to act like actual pets, and not guiding them like a god.

Your pets ai stay the same. They don't have to be controlled.You only control them if you want too. They don't stop being a pet if you control them
  • Options
    Dreamie209Dreamie209 Posts: 3,165 Member
    edited November 2017
    Goldmoldar wrote: »

You can download it here. Hope that helps <3
    I don't it at all. I want my pets to act like actual pets, and not guiding them like a god.

my dogs still trash the place, get scared like crazy, vomit every now and then, and mate with other random pets. Didn't tell them too, they just still do it. But I respect your choice either way though :mrgreen: .

Sadly there's still some moments way before this mod where the dog would refuse to go to the bathroom...I can't speak for everyone's actual dog, but there's no way my rl dogs would have waited so long to go potty when there's a doggy door leading to the giant backyard :lol: . So this mod helps with things like that. But when I don't need it, I just go to play with my other sims in the family.
    tumblr_p0kj4y5zKY1rz1zglo1_1280.png
    Fun Times, Cherished Memories, All under one Dream. Visit: The Dreamhouse and AbbyDreams
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited November 2017
    Not using any mods. I really never even consider any as long as a game is in development but I do read about the ones many use - in case I ever decide a finished Sims series needs anything. I can see it being useful as far as stats and family trees go - but would not ever use it to control the pets.

Now controlling butlers, maids, and gardeners - if they had a mod like that - then most definitely I would add that kind of mod to the Sims 4 once it is done being developed. The ingame control for butlers in particular is not quite up to par for changing my butlers "jobs". They always seem to go back to doing just things they like to do - instead of what I want them to do - that particular day. Maybe that modder needs to make a "Control Butler" mod. LOL.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,595 Member
    Gave it a try before uninstalling. It's good for the purpose of taking some pictures with pets having them where I want them along with story telling, but other than that not much else. Much like the restrictions on kids and toddlers, pets are very restricted to what and who they can interact with. Pretty boring.

But this is a useful mod for those that like to control their pets much like their sims.
    5vJrxmT.png
  • Options
    EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,341 Member
    I will put in in first thing I do after installing Cats & Dogs and expect to use it a lot. An A.I. can only go so far in portraying lifelike animals. It can put the pet through the motions and fake them being alife, but not as good as an actual player can. Watch out, my sims, your lifes will become more... interesting soon >:)
  • Options
    BMSOBMSO Posts: 3,273 Member
    I do mostly the collars, eyes and whiskers.
    Bmso85's emporium - mysims4studios

• Options
    Aquarius94Aquarius94 Posts: 505 Member
    edited November 2017

Your pets ai stay the same. They don't have to be controlled.You only control them if you want too. They don't stop being a pet if you control them

Thus proving the devs completely wrong when they argued that giving us control would take away from the overall experience :|

Whatever spontaneity pets lacked in previous games wasn't due to player control, but because of the way their AI was set up.

But guiding everything else in your game like a god is just fine.
  • Options
    GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member

my dogs still trash the place, get scared like crazy, vomit every now and then, and mate with other random pets. Didn't tell them too, they just still do it. But I respect your choice either way though :mrgreen: .

Sadly there's still some moments way before this mod where the dog would refuse to go to the bathroom...I can't speak for everyone's actual dog, but there's no way my rl dogs would have waited so long to go potty when there's a doggy door leading to the giant backyard :lol: . So this mod helps with things like that. But when I don't need it, I just go to play with my other sims in the family.

Thank you :)
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Options
    Aquarius94 wrote: »

Thus proving the devs completely wrong when they argued that giving us control would take away from the overall experience :|

Whatever spontaneity pets lacked in previous games wasn't due to player control, but because of the way their AI was set up.

Yep, if anything this mod shows not only having playable , and spontanus petsis posible.
  • Options
    AmySims09AmySims09 Posts: 1,227 Member
    I don't use it at all. I want my pets to act like actual pets, and not guiding them like a god.

Same
  • Options
    shezoeshezoe Posts: 67 Member

yes! i don't understand the to-do from people saying they don't want to micromanage. It doesn't make your pets no longer autonomous or force you to control them. But it does prevent their getting taken away due to their odd refusal to eat or go potty sometimes
    Ky1BXMP.jpg
  • Options
    AmySims09 wrote: »

Same

Okay,I don't understand how is controlling your pets make them less pets ?
  • Options
    MissNightOwlMissNightOwl Posts: 740 Member

People often say that the mods fix what the devs messed up. It can be said in that case too, in a way, however, it also shows that they in fact DID A GOOD JOB with pets' AI :grin:
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member

I disagree. Controlling humanoids to be humanoids makes sense because we are humanoids and rules of society means we have to learn right and wrong. Parents teach children the rules of society and what is acceptable human behaviors. We teach them necessary skills to become an acceptable human being in the future.

But controlling animals in the same logical sense as if they were humanoids and had the same thoughts, behaviors, etc as humans - makes them have un - pet like behavior. You can train your pet to do proper pet behaviors - but truthfully I think people like controlling the pets because they simply do not want to be bothered with the training to be honest.

To make it feel like a real pet in the game - well you really need to teach it just like you teach real pets and not use a controller to force it to do things it is not trained to do. To some of us that is making the pet - in the game very un-pet like - and not the way real pets are.

As far as controlling Sims - well that is the way the game was designed by Will Wright - he told us when we were testing the Sims - that we were the God of the Sims - we created them and we over saw everything they did - and then we guided them through life. So yes we were meant to control the humanoids - but the pets we had to make our sims train them. Will Wright did not put in a control for the pets in Unleashed - he did make them fully trainable though - which took lots of time and patience - but eventually they learned - as it should be.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    kurdanevakurdaneva Posts: 128 Member
    I really enjoy the mod! I use it mostly to check the needs and age of my pet, but I tend to control them from time to time. Currently I'm playing a challenge where I can't control my child so I control the dog to make them interact with each other! Being able to see their age and traits (I forget often) is really nice.