Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Vampires & Private Dwelling

Thought I'd give the Vampire Pack a try again and this time take Private Dwelling in hopes to keep them away from my played Sims homes. Unfortunately it did not work. As I was playing, a vampire came in, drank from my played Sim and left him Plum Up, Face Down.

I like Vampires & play them on occasion. However (other than garlic, learning about Vampirism), there should be other methods on keeping them away if you do not wish for them to intrude so intrusively into your current played game, without having to uninstall the pack.

I was really hoping Private Dwelling would be my saving grace when dealing with Vampire Break-in's, and it seemed to have been working through several play-throughs, but in the end, it left me in disappointment.
OJGRGDT.gif

Comments

• Options
    NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member
    I just keep checking for mod updates. I think it will be a while though or at least until whatever is those that love playing vampires say is wrong gets fixed. I want my mod back that does not allow vampires to leave their dark world.
  • Options
    FelicityFelicity Posts: 4,979 Member
    There's a new mod. I'm testing it out in a new save, and so far, so good. http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=603329
  • Options
    PegasysPegasys Posts: 1,135 Member
    The Private Dwelling lot trait does not stop the vampiric break-ins to drink plasma, but it does stop vampires from knocking on the door at night (like normal sims coming by to visit during the day).
  • Options
    Devynsims00Devynsims00 Posts: 3,392 Member
    Thanks all for the helpful replies :smiley:

I'll just cheat & toss garlic wreaths up again lol
    OJGRGDT.gif
  • Options
    FelicityFelicity Posts: 4,979 Member
    Felicity wrote: »
    There's a new mod. I'm testing it out in a new save, and so far, so good. http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=603329

Quoting myself here, but FWIW, while I've seen Vlad and Caleb in my save, they weren't doing vampire-y things. There was no tutorial, no break-ins, nada. The mod seems to work. Only downside is for the saves I want vampire-y stuff to happen, I'll actually have to disable the mod since there's no toggle command.