Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do you use references or no?

I am just curious what each of you sim designers use when you create sims. Do you reference pictures of real people online, do you hit the randomize button a bunch of times? Do you play with genetics?

I personally like to use references of real people online. I'll use their reference and then change the name as the sim to something else. Then I'll stare at them and think of some story about them to put in description.

Comments

• MelanieScribblesMelanieScribbles Posts: 161 Member
    I personally don't use reference. I just open CAS with half an idea, and see what happens. I could churn out a goth of colour one day, a rocket scientist with good fashion sense the next. I just like to try out different clothing once I have the Sim that I want, see what colours and fits work on them. Somehow, something that I feel that looks decent comes out of that.

I'd post some pics of a few Sims that I made so far, but I'm not a full member yet :( So if you're curious: My Origin-ID is the same as my username here.
  • TheQueenTheQueen Posts: 74 Member
    I use the random button and then will edit the result slightly. I find that if I make sims from scratch they all tend to look conventionally attractive, whereas the random button gives variety to my game :) Also use random.org to pick traits and aspirations.
  • BecaPeraBecaPera Posts: 18 Member
    I just create sims from nowhere and see what happens! But they all end up looking quit similar so I use references from real people sometimes!
  • AlistuAlistu Posts: 742 Member
    I tend to have a general idea before I start. I will probably hit the randomise button until I get something I like the look of to work with first and then go on from there.
    I only ever use reference when I'm trying to recreate someone in particular, usually a real world friend. I don't put celebrities in my game.
    a.k.a. Menaceman44 on MTS.
    Thoughts on a new wall mode?
  • themelonicthemelonic Posts: 2,019 Member
    yes most of the time
  • JasumiJasumi Posts: 521 Member
    edited June 2018
    I use references of real people too. I find those sims tend to have more character since every person has their own special features which makes them look unique. Sims I create on my own tend to have the same face like they all married their cousin lol I'm not as creative as mother nature ^^ which is why is I like using references.