Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I waited for Black Friday for Stuff Packs...

Does anyone know why the Stuff Packs weren't put on sale for Black Friday..? Those seem like the first packs they'd be willing to chop the price on for an event like Black Friday. I was really hoping to pick up some new ones!

Comments

• Options
    DivieOwlDivieOwl Posts: 1,161 Member
    Stuff packs rarely go on sale. Maybe C.yber Monday or possibly a Christmas sale, but it's not a guarantee.
  • Options
    sims2freak737sims2freak737 Posts: 2,543 Member
    I don't understand why they don't go on sale like all the other packs. Considering each form of pack has their designated prices at release and they're willing to mark down Expansion and Game Packs tells me they for whatever reason believe their Stuff Packs are always worth the $10 price tag. I guess I'll just wait until tomorrow or until closer to Christmas and hope they'll drop.

I didn't know if anyone knew the last time they went on sale so I can possibly prepare to get them but it sounds like it's pretty random.
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    Maybe because of their original price? Even on cdkeys they are only reduced by 20p.
  • Options
    @elanorbreton I was thinking maybe it's because they're so "cheap" to begin with but if they're willing to reduce Expansions and Game packs why can't they put Stuff packs on sale..?
  • Options
    MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    They're never on sale. Or at least, not that I've ever seen.

But they do come in pairs, bundled with game packs. On Friday, I got two game packs, each bundled with two stuff packs. Each bundle only cost $1.50 more than the sale price of game packs alone on origin. So you could say I got four game packs for $3. My game has never felt so fancy.

I really don't feel that stuff packs are worth paying full price for, but unless you get them bundled, there's not much choice.

It's like they think they can lure us in with their normal price.
    AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
  • Options
    Kc71886Kc71886 Posts: 658 Member
    I’m waiting for a sale too. I haven’t paid full price for any of my Sims 4 games and I’m not going to start now. If EA doesn’t put them on sale someone else will. Hopefully before Christmas, but if not I’ll wait.
  • Options
    Francl27Francl27 Posts: 761 Member
    edited November 2017
    Once again very disappointed today. They're literally missing out on $30 to $50 from me.

I haven't found any of the bundles on sale either.
  • Options
    NetzspannungNetzspannung Posts: 2,456 Member
    It is true that SPs rarely go on sale. What does happen once in a while is a Origin Store wide sale with a code (usually 30%), that's how I got two of my SPs for a reduced price. Last year they had such a sale in the 2nd week of December, I believe. I would wait for that to come around again.
    If I just posted an outfit you like, I have good news - there is more where that came from!
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/956513/netz-a-porter-outfits-ready-to-wear-for-your-sims-no-cc-required
    Twitter: NetzspannungTS

we all try ...
  • Options
    ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    edited November 2017
    I bought some stuff packs before for $7-7.99 from Origin but it was a LONG time ago.
  • Options
    AnmirlaAnmirla Posts: 3,836 Member
    edited November 2017
    There was an origin sale (sometime late last year or earlier this year?) when I got them all up to Vintage Glamour Stuff for 50% off. VG wasn't out just yet.
    So they have been half off once before. Once that I know of. Actually, there is one exception. Spooky Stuff was half off just before Halloween. That pack has seen more than a few sales, but most of them have been for a measly 15 or 20%.
    I've bought every pack except Vampires and Parenthood (which I thought they were worth buying at 25% off) at 50%. This has been my stance on TS4 and I'm sticking with it. I won't buy any more stuff packs until they are half off because I can't justify the price for my gameplay.
    baby%20bat_zpsgzvzhrnc.gif
  • Options
    ManicMuse00ManicMuse00 Posts: 1 New Member
    I did the same with the Black Friday sale. Before that I only had the base game, Get to Work, & Parenthood. I bought everything else except the stuff packs which I would have gotten if they had been on sale. They gave a random deal on some of the stuff packs with the expansions but not all. Fingers crossed that they have another sale before Christmas.
  • Options
    It is true that SPs rarely go on sale. What does happen once in a while is a Origin Store wide sale with a code (usually 30%), that's how I got two of my SPs for a reduced price. Last year they had such a sale in the 2nd week of December, I believe. I would wait for that to come around again.

I'll be on the lookout for that again! I remember Origin doing that as well with a 30% off code (although I'm hoping for at least 50% off stuff packs haha). Thanks for reminding me of that!
  • Options
    mariah6194mariah6194 Posts: 1,002 Member
    All Origin games are on sale now with the code "FILLYOURSTOCKING" 30% off :) I just tried and it worked for stuff packs! Fitness and toddler stuff, here I come! :smiley:
    tumblr_olomnw8E5c1ug9tk9o2_500.gif
  • Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,426 Member
    I also don't get why stuff packs are rarely on sale. I suppose they want to get people into the game by offering sales on the base game and EP's and then expect people who are into the game, to purchase the rest anyway.
  • Options
    Thank you for the heads up!
  • Options
    edited December 2017
    @mariah6194 Thanks for letting us know! I may pick up Pets and maybe a Stuff Pack or 2. Is it greedy to say I was hoping to get SPs at 50% off..? haha

Also crazy question, does Origin not allow you to add multiple games to your cart? I'd prefer to not make separate transactions if I choose to make a purchase.
    Post edited by sims2freak737 on
  • Options
    LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,595 Member
    edited December 2017
    @mariah6194 Thanks for letting us know! I may pick up Pets and maybe a Stuff Pack or 2. Is it greedy to say I was hoping to get SPs at 50% off..? haha

Also crazy question, does Origin not allow you to add multiple games to your cart? I'd prefer to not make separate transactions if I choose to make a purchase.

Doesn't seem like it. Which is annoying because no one wants to do multiple transactions if you're buying more than two items. A shopping cart seems like such a basic thing to have when buying products online.
    5vJrxmT.png
  • Options
    Update: You can buy them off The Sims Store and use the promo code as well!
  • Options
    LadyKyn wrote: »

Doesn't seem like it. Which is annoying because no one wants to do multiple transactions if you're buying more than two items. A shopping cart seems like such a basic thing to have when buying products online.

Yes that was extremely annoying.
  • Options
    mariah6194mariah6194 Posts: 1,002 Member
    I had that issue too, Origin will not allow you to put multiple items in your cart but if you shop through the sims website you can. That's how I bought mine at once, and was still able to use the promo code. :)
    tumblr_olomnw8E5c1ug9tk9o2_500.gif
  • Options
    Can you enter the code multiple times? Does it work for 2 transactions if you want to buy two SP's.
  • Options
    paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    > @Atreya33 said:
    > Can you enter the code multiple times? Does it work for 2 transactions if you want to buy two SP's.

Yes you can! I went through Origin and bought Romantic Garden and Cool Kitchen one after the other and was able to use the code for both purchases.
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • Options
    @paradiseplanet : Thank you
  • Options
    I just opened the game this morning and movie hangout stuff is one sale for 50% right now.
  • Options
    paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    Atreya33 wrote: »
    I just opened the game this morning and movie hangout stuff is one sale for 50% right now.

It's a bit unfortunate for me because I just recently bought Movie Hangout during the 30% off promo code deal. :( But it happens.
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png