Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

A Vacation GP coming in 2018

Please Note: Is speculation based, hence in this section.

I think we can expect to see a new Vacation destination to go alongside Outdoor Retreat very soon! Why?

In early 2015, we got Outdoor Retreat which introduced a new world which contained 3 Neighborhoods, and were heavily detailed. And size wise, was bigger than Newcrest in terms of exploration area.

To follow that up, The Sims team put out Get To Work which came with 4 Neighborhoods, one being a secret location for Sixam

We’ve been told that there is a “world team” for The Sims 4 who make the worlds for all the different packs. One could assume that because a lot of resources of that team went to Outdoor Retreat, that would explain why Get To Work only came with 3 Neighborhoods and a special lot.

In comparison, City Living came with the usual 4 Neighborhoods + Park, that we saw in the base game, and Windenburg also came with 4 Neighborhoods and 3 Special Lots.

With Brindleton Bay, we got 3 Neighborhoods instead of 4, and 1 special lot.

My theory is the reason why Brindleton Bay is slightly smaller than the rest is because the world team is also producing a new Game Pack Vacation world, with 2 - 3 locations.

Otherwise, considering the World Team is capable of worlds like Windenburg and San Myshuno, it would seem odd that Brindleton Bay is smaller than both for no reason.

I honestly believe the world team is probably quite small considering SimGuruDaniel advises the team wouldn’t be capable of creating “world packs” like The Sims 3, probably due to the fact they are already at peak work rate with the packs we have already.

What do you think? We may also just be getting a GP with new areas as well, but we are long overdue for a new vacation destination!

Thoughts?

Comments

• ParaleeParalee Posts: 1,166 Member
    I would die for this. Also please let it include boats or something because that useless dock in Windenburg has been such a junk-tease forever now.
    My speculations on hints for future content:
    -Cars Update
    -Spiral/Diagonal Stairs Update
    -Hotel Pack
    -Romance Pack (possibly combined with Hotel Pack)
    -Bands Pack
    -Royalty Pack
    -Fashion Design Pack
    -Fairies Pack
    -Werewolf Pack
    -France-inspired World
  • jackjack_kjackjack_k Posts: 8,601 Member
    edited November 2017
    I would die for this. Also please let it include boats or something because that useless dock in Windenburg has been such a junk-tease forever now.

A cruise ship maybe? So instead of the 3 usual Neighborhoods, maybe a cruise ship area, with two beach locations :love:
  • QueenlokiQueenloki Posts: 59 Member
    I wouldn't mind something like World Adventures, with visiting different countries and the secret tombs to explore.
    Bah weep granah weep nini bong
  • BMSOBMSO Posts: 3,273 Member
    Queenloki wrote: »
    I wouldn't mind something like World Adventures, with visiting different countries and the secret tombs to explore.

I totally agree with you. That was an extremely fun expansion.
    Bmso85's emporium - mysims4studios

• SimlishTVSimlishTV Posts: 157 Member
    I agree! We really need World adventures EP for Sims4!
    9pwqto4xacbr.jpg
  • AlbaWaterhouseAlbaWaterhouse Posts: 3,953 Member
    I think it is coming soon. However, I don't think it will include 2-3 destinations but rather just 1.
    Origin ID is: AlbaWaterhouse
    All my creations are CC free.
  • GrumpyGlowfishGrumpyGlowfish Posts: 2,208 Member
    Yes to more vacation packs, but please make them more interesting than Outdoor Retreat! Don't get me wrong, I love the scenery and the atmosphere of Granite Falls, but there's just not much fun to be had. Even nature-loving sims get bored eventually when all they have to do is look for plants and insects and talk to people in bear costumes.
  • To7mTo7m Posts: 5,467 Member
    I think it is coming soon. However, I don't think it will include 2-3 destinations but rather just 1.

My thoughts too.

Trust me when I say they’re gonna do one season per location. We *may* get basic weather and interactions in Home worlds but that’s the route they’re gonna take. The majority of the seasons content will have to be enjoyed at the specified location, like TS1. I don’t think they’d be foolish enough to do a GP for each cuz, well, that’s just silly but we’ll have a sunny location, a winter one, autumn one etc that’s the only way they can do seasons again that’s A. Different than before and B. Work with the way this game is made. Every hood has a sub section. This’ll be no different, one world, four different areas each with a set season, with basic weather back home.

—T
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    I think we are long overdue for a vacation pack, so yes I hope they are working on one.

As for what I would like it to be, I would love another adventure/vacation themed pack. If they could combine the best parts of S2's Bon Voyage and S3's World Adventures, I would be happy. One location (instead of three) would be fine if it's a good one and full of possibility. It should be a world where your sims could go for a nice relaxing vacation where they meet locals, learn dances or greetings and eat new food. But, they could also go on an adventure to explore caves or something with puzzles and traps and stuff to explore or collect. The best of both. That's my dream anyway, probably never happen, but who knows, I have suggested this often enough.
  • 12JEREMIA12JEREMIA Posts: 3,143 Member
    We need a second City world with music singers (Don't say we already got singing skills in City Living cause we need singer-like celebrities)!
    12JEREMIA wrote: »
    We need a second City world with music singers (Don't say we already got singing skills in City Living cause we need singer-like celebrities)!

I disagree. We don't need another BIG city.
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    Yes to more vacation packs, but please make them more interesting than Outdoor Retreat! Don't get me wrong, I love the scenery and the atmosphere of Granite Falls, but there's just not much fun to be had. Even nature-loving sims get bored eventually when all they have to do is look for plants and insects and talk to people in bear costumes.

Remember Outdoor Retreat was the first GP -- the devs might have still been feeling out what the limits were for game packs while still keeping them under budget. I haven't really done much with the herbalism but I do like it as an artist's/photographer's retreat (I really don't like putting computers in the cabins but if we ever got laptops it would be great for my writing Sims as well.)
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
    Dannydanbo wrote: »

Danny!

Danny!

Yes?
    edited November 2017

Danny!

Yes?
    OK! Look at me Danny! Don't come in here tell me we will never make The Sims 4 better than the previous games! As a hot-headed player I have my dream friends become singers so the paparazzi cameras need to take a picture of me and my friends so we're look like music celebrities! In the second city we need to become celebrities cause it's more fun than the previous games of Superstar and Late Night/Showtime! As a music lover player I the only one who post more content pack's radio stations Cat's the only who post more update patches in each month in years! So you don't have to believe me and Catloverplayer, @catloverplayer tell him!

Oh I don’t mean 1 - 3 destinations, I mean 1 - 3 areas. Granite Falls had 3 areas. I imagine they may do 2 bigger areas, or 1 big area seeing as they have more RAM to play with now. Or they may just do the same 3 locations like in Outdoor Retreat.

Danny!

Yes?
    OK! Look at me Danny! Don't come in here tell me we will never make The Sims 4 better than the previous games! As a hot-headed player I have my dream friends become singers so the paparazzi cameras need to take a picture of me and my friends so we're look like music celebrities! In the second city we need to become celebrities cause it's more fun than the previous games of Superstar and Late Night/Showtime! As a music lover player I the only one who post more content pack's radio stations Cat's the only who post more update patches in each month in years! So you don't have to believe me and Catloverplayer, @catloverplayer tell him!

I can't look at you because we're not in the same room and I said nothing about not making the Sims better, so, I don't what you're talking about yet again.

Danny!

Yes?

I can't look at you because we're not in the same room and I said nothing about not making the Sims better, so, I don't what you're talking about yet again.
    See! This is the way I say about! When celebrities contents will come in a pack, they will come from an upcoming content pack! All we gotta do is to wait and see OK! So don't even start with me or I'm telling on you!
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    jackjack_k wrote: »
    Please Note: Is speculation based, hence in this section.

I think we can expect to see a new Vacation destination to go alongside Outdoor Retreat very soon! Why?

In early 2015, we got Outdoor Retreat which introduced a new world which contained 3 Neighborhoods, and were heavily detailed. And size wise, was bigger than Newcrest in terms of exploration area.

To follow that up, The Sims team put out Get To Work which came with 4 Neighborhoods, one being a secret location for Sixam

We’ve been told that there is a “world team” for The Sims 4 who make the worlds for all the different packs. One could assume that because a lot of resources of that team went to Outdoor Retreat, that would explain why Get To Work only came with 3 Neighborhoods and a special lot.

In comparison, City Living came with the usual 4 Neighborhoods + Park, that we saw in the base game, and Windenburg also came with 4 Neighborhoods and 3 Special Lots.

With Brindleton Bay, we got 3 Neighborhoods instead of 4, and 1 special lot.

My theory is the reason why Brindleton Bay is slightly smaller than the rest is because the world team is also producing a new Game Pack Vacation world, with 2 - 3 locations.

Otherwise, considering the World Team is capable of worlds like Windenburg and San Myshuno, it would seem odd that Brindleton Bay is smaller than both for no reason.

I honestly believe the world team is probably quite small considering SimGuruDaniel advises the team wouldn’t be capable of creating “world packs” like The Sims 3, probably due to the fact they are already at peak work rate with the packs we have already.

What do you think? We may also just be getting a GP with new areas as well, but we are long overdue for a new vacation destination!

Thoughts?

Hope your right. I just hope if their working on a tropical location they make the ocean swimmable or it will be missing the mark very badly.
    I hope it's not a beach vacation. We've had that sooooo many times already. I want something different. And I don't get the NEED for swimming in the ocean. It's boring. We have pools, swim in those.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    I hope it's not a beach vacation. We've had that sooooo many times already. I want something different. And I don't get the NEED for swimming in the ocean. It's boring. We have pools, swim in those.

I need a Tropical Beach Location were my Sims can swim in the ocean and stay in resorts. Yes it's been done before but not on TS4.
    What is so great about swimming in the ocean? Diving was only in a few special locations that really all looked the same. I couldn't add a dive spot to any other world that ever worked very well. There's absolutely nothing to do in the ocean other than swim from point A to point B and usually my sim got so tired they couldn't finish. Give me one good reason for ocean swimming that provides any form of excitement, anything at all.

As for "resorts", I hated those TOWERS that had to be placed. They were empty shells and I've had enough empty shells in this game. Time for a change. I wanted smaller Bed and Breakfast type hotels that my sim could own and manage. Those resorts were over done, IMO. Any new vacation pack will have some way for sims to rent a place to sleep, like OR did.

Just because it hasn't been done in S4 yet doesn't mean it should be done in S4. We need new, fresh ideas along with some of the old standards like pets and seasons. Lets stretch ourselves with vacation spots and do something different.
  • asa144asa144 Posts: 606 Member
    Clickbait thread. You could have said that it was speculation in the title.
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    asa144 wrote: »

Or end the title with a question mark at least.
    @asa144 wrote: »

It’s posted in the Speculation section and I provide a disclaimer first thing in.