March 15th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Should I get Island Paradise?

Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
I can get it for 5$ but I'm not sure cause I don't want that my game become laggy... I have a good PC but with TS3 even with a good PC the game is laggy. So have you meet a lot of problems with this EP or not?
Lu4ERme.gif

Comments

• igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    The EP is one of the heavier ones, but if your PC can handle Pets and/or Seasons then it should usually be fine.

The Isla Paradiso world that comes with it is design-flawed to the point where (almost) everyone finds it unplayable without fixing it up first. Or some just don't bother to play in that world, the EP's content can be used elsewhere.
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/811253/removing-ip-lag/p1

The biggest problem I have in other worlds is sims trying to use boat routing autonomously in places where it just doesn't make any sense for them to do so, such as Riverview where the waterways are in many places too narrow. That can be controlled with a mod, though.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • KathyriniaKathyrinia Posts: 15 New Member
    It is one of my top favorites. I'm an old lady and I don't know much about computers but it runs great for me on my old bird. I hope you buy it and can enjoy it.

~Kathyrine
  • TreyNutzTreyNutz Posts: 5,780 Member
    I've used the save file in the link @igazor provided and it played really well. I saw no more lag than usual in my games and played a family of mermaids for a fairly long time in IP. I really enjoyed the EP.
  • Katie123Katie123 Posts: 925 Member
    I love paradise island i remember when my brother bought it me for xmas/birthday and i was so excited! It was so new to me and fresh. The scenry within the game is beautiful. I also loved living on a boat float and owning a resort!
    tumblr_n25chlaSo01rrajoto1_500.gif

Katie123
  • GREENEYAGREENEYA Posts: 7,796 Member
    Yes. Island Paradise is a fun expansion.
  • LinamintsLinamints Posts: 952 Member
    I would say it's a big yes from me, it was one of the first packs I bought and I found it a lot of fun to load my family into a crummy houseboat for a vacation (I used the nraas traveler mod to go on vacation in isla paradiso instead of moving there).

Whether it's right for you depends on if you think you'll like the features contained in the pack. I personally have always loved houseboats and that alone made me want the pack, the mermaids and diving features were other big sellers to me as well. The resort system however hasn't really pulled me in much, it'd just not quite my thing.

Overall, I love this pack and consider it an essential in my games. I always decide if a pack is worth buying if I think I'll get the amount of hours out of it in game play that it would cost to earn it. Even at minimum wage for $5 you just can't beat it. I'm sure you could get an hour of game play and enjoyment from the pack!
    "Parenting is just like gardening, except if you let your garden die you don't go to prison." - Anna Blast
  • NovasiNovasi Posts: 46 Member
    Yes! The music and clothing are amazing, and it gives a lot of options in the water. I love how your sim can just lay out and relax on a towel anywhere too, lol. But, overall, it is an amazing expansion. The only downside is that Isla Paradiso is very laggy, but still playable with NRaas. I recommend it!
    WTOiavS.jpg
  • KiearaPhoenixKiearaPhoenix Posts: 212 Member
    Yesssss.
    It is my favorite to date. Loved trying to unlock the islands and the seashells you find are sooo very pretty.
    If you love the ocean and mermaids it is an absolute must.
    I don't use a PC, I use a laptop and just heard about the lag that comes with it...I haven't run into any bad lag yet personally. >_>; I hope it stays that way heh.
  • xHeliodoraxHeliodora Posts: 146 Member
    It is ok, I do like some others more.
  • akatsuki666akatsuki666 Posts: 32 Member
    I honestly loved it so much, I think it'll be worth it!
  • dogdancerdogdancer Posts: 447 Member
    I think Island Paradise is worth it, even though, Isla Paradiso is really glitchy. The items and activities that come with the pack are totally worth it. Besides, if you want to play the tropics you can either get Sunlit Tides or a custom world with a tropical theme. Sadly, they aren't as fun to play as Isla Paradiso, IMO.

• ElleysimsElleysims Posts: 133 Member
    That pack is my favorite for the sims 3. It took some work to make things less laggy with remodeling houses but it was super worth it. Even with lag, it is pretty fun.
  • Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    Yes thank's I've got him now. And I have a lot of fun, almost no bugs.
    Lu4ERme.gif