Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 3 logic vs real life

Comments

• AnthonydyerAnthonydyer Posts: 1,197 Member
    A sim can burn to death during a fire if you lock or take away the door, but if you try that on a burglar or repoman, they will always find their way in your house.
  • gerefteastgerefteast Posts: 353 Member
    Umm... One of these "logical" things that can be quite annoying. When you start writing a book of a certain genre, you have to either delete or finish it. You can't, at example, change a usual novel into a horror book, even thought you haven't finished a single chapter :P
    understand the significance of the signatures
    *though
  • AvataritAvatarit Posts: 836 Member
    PalmArrow wrote: »
    A thing I wish was true: when your computer is broken you just have to hit it repeatedly with a hammer and it will eventually be as good as new again.

A thing I'm glad isn't true: recipes are so complicated each one takes a whole book. Even the recipe for cheese plate ("take some cheese and slice it up") is a whole book. After you read one of these books, it dissolves into thin air.

speaking of hit it repeatedly with a hammer, the same guy who fixes your TV can fix your shower, and also 50% of the times it is a lady. (I'm all feminist but in real life I never met a female technician/plumber...)

That reminds me also that the sims town always keeps 2 kids and 2 teens that are deliberately and legally skipping school to work.
  • igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited January 2018
    ...the same guy who fixes your TV can fix your shower, and also 50% of the times it is a lady. (I'm all feminist but in real life I never met a female technician/plumber...)
    I have, but look up Josephine the Plumber. She is ingrained in our culture in the US and has been since the 1960s. Of course, I don't think we ever really saw her repairing pipes and she was really selling cleanser so today that would be pretty insulting, but we had to start somewhere I guess... ;)
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • BlackSandBlackSand Posts: 2,074 Member
    igazor wrote: »
    ...the same guy who fixes your TV can fix your shower, and also 50% of the times it is a lady. (I'm all feminist but in real life I never met a female technician/plumber...)
    I have, but look up Josephine the Plumber. She is ingrained in our culture in the US and has been since the 1960s. Of course, I don't think we ever really saw her repairing pipes and she was really selling cleanser so today that would be pretty insulting, but we had to start somewhere I guess... ;)
    Uh, duh ... It's way more fun tearing stuff up than fixing it ... >:)

25825389428_56ed365871_b.jpg

I eat pickles on my hamburgers ... MWWAHAHAHAHA
  • KevinL5275KevinL5275 Posts: 2,489 Member
    Minx11 wrote: »
    When you reach Level 10 of the Military Career, one 18 hour shift a week (on a Monday of all days) is acceptable and is not at all horrendous working hours.

I always interpreted it as the astronauts being sent to the moon. I would hate those kind of hours too.
    I feel bad for our real life astronauts being sent to the moon for months at a time.
    Yep. The only problem I have with that shift is that by the time my sims get to Level 10 in that career, it's been a long while though so maybe this isn't true of ones I would have played from earlier in their lives anymore, they are just about elders. It's a very rough shift and difficult to be well rested and prepared for in high enough moods to last quite that long without having to see them crawl home on their hands and knees just in time to pass out altogether from exhaustion.

It's also easy to forget that the shift is coming if you aren't paying close enough attention to the sim in a very large household.

The pay and prestige are pretty high, though. :)

In my legacy game, the mother had reached level 10 before she had her first kids. I also adjusted the days off for childbirth from the standard 3 to something like 5 or 6. So, one day a week of work, times 5 or 6 days off, means she went several sim-months before she had to go back to work. Her twin daughters were almost teens by then. :) She got a LOT of painting, gardening, and inventing done during her maternity leave, too.
    I'm a 48 year old married man, with a beautiful wife, a cat, and a simverted personality.My Sims 3 Pictures
  • KevinL5275KevinL5275 Posts: 2,489 Member
    Simmz wrote: »
    Carrying a newborn baby outside for fresh air and then randomly leaving it on the sidewalk.
    Learning a new song while on vacation, and then walking around singing it every 2 hours...for like the rest of your life.
    Becoming a vampire and then having to ASK everyone if you can drink their blood. I'm still disappointed that wasn't fixed in a patch.

I guess I've been lucky enough to not have my sims sing the vacation songs every two hours. Even my singer sim doesn't do it.

I definitely have experienced the parent who leaves their baby or toddler on the ground and runs off somewhere else. I even had a parent bring their screaming baby to a wedding. (but that's much like real life, too! LOL )

I can't comment on the vampire thing, on the couple I have played I just load them up with plasma fruit.
    I'm a 48 year old married man, with a beautiful wife, a cat, and a simverted personality.My Sims 3 Pictures
    Vampires asking for permission to drink blood...it's one of the most annoying things in Late Night EP. Can you imagine a hungry sinister vampire, asking someone for permission for attack?
    "- Excuse me, sir, could I drink your blood 'cause I'm hungry?
    - Sorry, but I'm a blood donator, I will need my blood later, so no, you cannot."
    edited January 2018
    (Checks on the title of this thread and looks around for a moment) You guys are correct, the vampires in this game do not act the way they do in "real life."

To be fair though, neither do the witches, werewolves, fairies, genies, planthumans, mermaids, mummies, zombies, aliens, ghosts, simbots, plumbots, and unicorns. The only alternate life state EA got right was imaginary friend, that's exactly how they work. >:):p
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
  • WaterdragonWaterdragon Posts: 780 Member
    Speaking of vampires. It´s totally not creepy to plan the wedding of your newborn child to the hot vampire next door.
    My sim´s antics: http://waterdragonsblog.com/
    My studio: http://www.thesims3.com/mypage/WatrDragon/mystudio

Just assume that every edit I make is because of typos.
    Well, mermaids are quite well-done. They need hydration to stay alive, they need sea water to stay mermaids, they can stay underwater as long as they wish. I got the Island Paradise EP a few weeks ago and I still don't have a mermaid in any of the families I play, so I'm not sure if they turn into their aquatic form (I mean, a human sim but with fish tail, of course) when they go outside when it's raining. If they don't, yeah, this is the unrealistic point. (Should I say "unrealistic" as mermaids are unrealistic, fantasy creatures in themselves?)
  • IreneSwiftIreneSwift Posts: 6,247 Member
    (Checks on the title of this thread and looks around for a moment) You guys are correct, the vampires in this game do not act the way they do in "real life."

To be fair though, neither do the witches, werewolves, fairies, genies, planthumans, mermaids, mummies, zombies, aliens, ghosts, simbots, plumbots, and unicorns. The only alternate life state EA got right was imaginary friend, that's exactly how they work. >:):p

You mean real life imaginary friends get vicious and abusive when you don't do what they want?
  • AnthonydyerAnthonydyer Posts: 1,197 Member
    gerefteast wrote: »
    Well, mermaids are quite well-done. They need hydration to stay alive, they need sea water to stay mermaids, they can stay underwater as long as they wish. I got the Island Paradise EP a few weeks ago and I still don't have a mermaid in any of the families I play, so I'm not sure if they turn into their aquatic form (I mean, a human sim but with fish tail, of course) when they go outside when it's raining. If they don't, yeah, this is the unrealistic point. (Should I say "unrealistic" as mermaids are unrealistic, fantasy creatures in themselves?)

I always thought it was weird how mermaids like to eat fish. They are a fish themselves.
    edited January 2018
    I always thought it was weird how mermaids like to eat fish. They are a fish themselves.
    No, they are not. They are in a class unto themselves. Mermaids have some attributes of mammals with some fish-like body parts. They are not cold blooded, they can breathe air, and they do not lay eggs to reproduce. :)

But even so, some fish do eat other (usually smaller) fish, and some mammals do eat other mammals, without disrupting the order of things.

IreneSwift wrote: »
    You mean real life imaginary friends get vicious and abusive when you don't do what they want?
    Well, yes sure. They can do anything we imagine that they can do. Because they are, you know, imaginary. Until you take one to the prom and then later marry them, because by then they need a government issued ID card and have to pay taxes so they can't be imaginary anymore. :p
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
  • Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,427 Member
    edited January 2018
    Now I'm starting to wonder, @igazor, Can the tax-main tax your spouse...if you marry a ghost (in Sims 3)? I mean...even in death you can't escape taxes...then.

And if you have a playable ghost, do you still have to pay bills?
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
    edited January 2018
    @Nikkei_Simmer - I can't quote chapter and verse from the Sunset Valley tax code, upon which I imagine the tax codes of the other worlds are based. But seems to me it depends on which world one wants to live in. Playable ghosts are residents who happen to have an occult state. They get to own property, earn income, and use municipal services like public schools and the library (don't they?), be protected by the police and fire departments, enjoy city parks, so they get to pay taxes. If they live in some other spiritual world, then the rules of that world would apply.

Disclaimer:
    I'm starting to not have the slightest idea what I am talking about here... :p
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
  • puzzlezaddictpuzzlezaddict Posts: 1,877 Member

Oh come on @igazor, you're being totally unfair, accusing all those perfectly acceptable alternative lifestates of being imaginary. I mean, I personally know a couple of witches and a few (self-identified) fairies. Biting doesn't work, but the wrong meds can make just about anyone into a zombie for a night. And the right ones can plant a human on the couch for what seems like a lifetime. You're probably friends with some genius programmer/mad scientist who's making a plumbot or two in his/her spare time; I'm sure the simbots will follow shortly. Anybody who watches professional basketball sees unicorns on a regular basis, although they do tend to run on two feet. I knew a girl in high school who didn't identify as a vampire, but she was super pale, never did anything outside, liked to brood and write for litmag, and was weirdly into biting. (The boys were all terrified of her.) I personally have never seen a werewolf in action, but every once in a while I meet a particularly hairy guy and I wonder... never mind.

On second thought, maybe your scoffing is just an underhanded attempt to throw us off your scent. We all know that genies have almost limitless powers, and yet most of us naïvely just wished for someone to fix our game. And then you appeared out of the ether, and suddenly, like magic, our wishes were granted. Don't think I can't see what you're doing.

Of course, if I wished for a long life you'd probably just make my game last twice as long as it would have otherwise. Hmmph.
    edited January 2018
    Oh come on @igazor, you're being totally unfair, accusing all those perfectly acceptable alternative lifestates of being imaginary.
    I never said anything of the kind, you're putting imaginary words into my mouth. The only alternative lifestate that I said was "imaginary" was imaginary friend. It's a specific occult state by that name from Generations, you know, the dolls that can transform. :)

Next thing you know, someone will accuse me of not believing in the magic of gnomes. :s
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
  • MikezumiMikezumi Posts: 49,697 Member
    Speaking of vampires. It´s totally not creepy to plan the wedding of your newborn child to the hot vampire next door.

@Waterdragon I see nothing creepy about this. I often have partners planned from birth and, in the case of a long-lived vampire, it makes perfect sense :)
  • WaterdragonWaterdragon Posts: 780 Member
    Must-name-next-djinn-baby-"Igazor"! Ha! Love the idea! :D

I always thought of the sim mermaids as mammals. Because they can reproduce with human sims. Also, those shells have to hide something which is totally useless to a fish, right? And their tail fin looks more like that of a dolphin (mammal), than that of a shark (fish).
    Even if they were fish, why would it be weird for them to eat other fish? Fish eat other fish. Humans are mammals and they eat other mammals all the time (well, I personally don´t, but I used to). If they started gnawing on each other, that would be something different.

Speaking of vegetarians, if you eat some meat by accident, it´s not enough to feel bad about it, you have to puke your guts out.
    My sim´s antics: http://waterdragonsblog.com/
    My studio: http://www.thesims3.com/mypage/WatrDragon/mystudio

Just assume that every edit I make is because of typos.
    Yeah, that's a funny thing. As far as I know, "vegetarian" doesn't mean "heavily allergic to meat", but maybe the game creators had other point of view on it xD
  • JeansooJeansoo Posts: 3,606 Member
    My sim often sleep over in neighborhood, the owners give out that my sim made a bed in the morning time.

All npc residence includes meanspirited and evil sims all invite my sim in their house although they have never met my sim.
  • SillyhartluvSillyhartluv Posts: 73 Member
    The local crime lord doesn't find anything suspicious about a random bush growing in the middle of a concrete lot or notice that it has legs and has moved at least seven times.
  • polrbearpolrbear Posts: 939 Member
    edited January 2018
    gerefteast wrote: »
    Yeah, that's a funny thing. As far as I know, "vegetarian" doesn't mean "heavily allergic to meat", but maybe the game creators had other point of view on it xD

Just gonna point out that they aren't "allergic" to meat per say. Jokingly gonna compare...Whenever Sims, like humans, stop eating certain foods for a long time(usually animal products), such as not eating meat, or not drinking milk, their bodies stop producing the enzymes necessary to break it down. They will, yes, get sick when they then eat that food again.

I actually found that to be realistic about the sims! :D
    I play Sims 2, Sims 3, Sims 4, and The Urbz: Sims in the City on gamecube and ds. Main Game: Sims 352033322186_3a08467dc6_o.png

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top