Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

CATS RULE & DOGS DROOL VET CHALLENGE-**NEW 2/5 - UPDATES FOR NEW PACKS

SoulGal7SoulGal7 Posts: 3,630 Member
dr_paws.png
Dear Aspiring Vet,

I received your name from the "Rainin' Cats and Dogs Vet School" and they told me that you had just graduated and were interested in opening a Vet Clinic. I am writing to tell you that my practice, the Brindleton Pawspital will soon be for sale. After many years of owning the clinic, I will be retiring soon and am looking for my successor.

The Brindleton Pawspital is the only Vet Clinic in the beautiful coastal community of Brindleton Bay. So, yes, the clinic is for sale, but I don't want to sell it to just any sim. Oh no! I am looking for a sim who has a caring heart and a real love for animals and who wants to make the clinic into a top notch facility.

You say it sounds like you? Well, here's your chance to prove your worth. I have decided to hold a challenge for all those interested in purchasing the vet clinic. If a sim completes all of the requirements, that lucky sim will be the new owner of the Brindleton Pawspital.

Should you accept the challenge, please read over the criteria that you must meet. The cats and dogs of Brindleton Bay are depending on you! Don't let them down!

Wishing you pawsitive luck and whisker wishes.

Doc Paws

pixl.png
~ GETTING STARTED ~

1. Create a new sim in CAS with no skills. Can use cc, can be an alien or a vampire.  Choose any traits you want. You may want to choose one of the new Cat Lover or Dog Lover traits. Aspiration MUST BE Friend of the Animals.

2. Your sim must be the only sim in the household at the start of the game. Young adult or adult sim. Normal or long lifespan.

3. As part of the Friend of the Animals aspiration, you may choose to create ONE pet for your sim to be part of the household. If you decide not to create a pet, you will have an opportunity to adopt a stray or go through the pet adoption agency to have a pet in the household.

4. DO NOT USE MONEY CHEATS or FREE REAL ESTATE CHEATS. You start with $20K simoleons. Choose a lot in any world to be your "home" lot. This should be the cheapest lot possible and cost no more than $2,000 simoleons. You will not build on this lot or sleep on this lot at the start of the game. Do not build anything on the "home" lot until you have met all the zoning requirements.

5. While on the "home" lot, choose to Purchase a "Vet Clinic". The Vet Clinic Lot MUST BE in Brindleton Bay. Choose to build your starter vet clinic on either the Hindquarter Hideaway or Dachshund's Creek lot, which are 30 x 20 lots costing $2,000 simoleons each. (Please note: If you choose another, more expensive lot in Brindleton Bay, you will have less simoleons for your clinic.)

6. You should now have $16,500 simoleons (if "home" lot cost $1,500 simoleons) or $16,000 (if "home" lot cost $2,000 simoleons).
Build or download from the gallery a starter vet clinic. You will be living on this lot, so the vet clinic NEEDS some way for your Sim to eat, sleep and use a bathroom. If you have a pet in your household, you will also need a food bowl, a tub to bathe them (for dogs), and cats need a kitty litter box. Your Sim will need to live on the vet clinic lot! Use any lot traits you like. When building your vet clinic, keep in mind the following items are required in the clinic:

MINIMUM items required for a vet clinic include:

Pet Podium - Step Right Up Check-in Podium - $750

Exam Table - Dr. Budget Bandages Exam Table - $2,500 or Dr. Magi-Heal's Get Better Table - $4,000

Waste disposal - any garbage can

OPTIONAL items for a vet clinic include:

Surgery Station - Dr. Budget Bandages Surger-o-matic 1500 - $3,300 or Dr. Magi-Heal's Surger-o-Matic 3000 $7,500

Medicine Crafting Table - Dr. Budget Bandages Craftidink - $650 or Dr. Magi-Heal's Medicine Craft-o-matic $1,200

Medicine Vending Machine - Dr. Budget Bandages Medico-Vendo-Thingo $950 or Dr. Magi-Heal's Medical Vend-o-matic $2,400

Now that you have your starter live-in vet clinic, you are ready to begin the challenge.
blue_2.png

~ CATS RULE & DOGS DROOL CHALLENGE  ~

To complete this challenge, there are some tasks that must be done to prove your worth to Doc Paws. 

1. You may not get a job. Earning and saving simoleons is done by working at the Vet Clinic. You can craft treats and sell in the medicine vending machine. You can collect and fish to earn simoleons. You can garden, but only catnip plants. You can collect and sell any other plants, but you may only grow catnip plants on your lot.

2. Get your starter Vet Clinic to a 5-star vet clinic. Your 5-star Vet Clinic must also include all optional vet clinic items. No money or other cheats allowed that would give you an advantage. Each day, there are daily mark-up restrictions for your Vet Clinic. See below.

3. Save $18K for your household fund to build your starter home (or download one) on the home lot. Every Saturday you will transfer funds from your Vet Clinic to your household fund. A minimum of $1,000 simoleons must be kept in the Vet Clinic. While "home" lot is empty, go back to the home lot every Sunday to reset the bills. 

4. You can date and have a boyfriend/girlfriend/fiance(e). Until you achieve a 5-star rating on your starter vet clinic AND build your starter home, you cannot move in or marry another sim who could earn simoleons. You also cannot have or adopt any children until the above is met. The only exception is that children by alien abduction are permitted. 

5. Adopt a cat AND dog. This can be a stray or from the adoption agency. Go to hire service on your phone to adopt a pet and the pet adoption agency will come to you with three choices of pets.

6. Have one of your pets become a "simstagram" celebrity.

7. Successfully "mate" a cat or dog. Your pet can mate with strays.

8. Resurrect a ghost pet. (Hint: Go to Deadgrass Isle with an ambrosia treat)

9. Grow the 4 varieties of catnip plants (catnip, madnip, napnip, nuzzlenip) to "Perfect" by either collecting or purchasing seeds. You can purchase a seed pack with all 4 varieties in Buy Mode for $35 simoleons.

10. Complete the Feather collection. Feathers can be found in bushes, in piles at the beach and on Deadgrass Isle, and by having your pet chase birds.

11. Max the Photography skill. Taking  pictures of your "simstagram" pet will help. You can also sell these prints or hang on your vet clinic walls.

12. Complete the Friend of the Animals Aspiration.

13. Achieve level 10 in the Veterinarian Career.

14. Purchase the Brindleton Pawspital in Bridleton Bay ($86,511 simoleons).

15. Make the Brindleton Pawspital into a 5-star clinic so that Doc Paws can retire.
WHOPPER.png

~ DAILY MARK-UP CHALLENGES ~

Your vet clinic will be open Monday to Friday with the following mark-ups. The clinic will be closed on Saturday and Sunday to allow your sim to interact with their pet(s) and have a social life!

Monday - 75%
Tuesday - 85%
Wednesday - 100%
Thursday - 150%
Friday - 200%

House funds will be transferred on Friday and $1,000 simoleons must remain in the Vet Clinic. You can also transfer funds from the House fund back to the Vet Clinic, but only on Friday.
*Addendum: - If you have the simoleons and would like to add items to your clinic, or up-grade items, you can do so at any time.

~ QUESTIONS? ~

If you have any questions or suggestions, please don't hesitate to ask. I will be play-testing this challenge as I write a blog, so this is a work in progress. If you would like to share your blog story or YouTube Let's Play, please provide a link. I also look forward to seeing your vet clinic builds and aspiring vet sim creations, so please share. Mark #catsrule or #dogsdrool
mayor_whiskers.png
~ COMPLETED THE CHALLENGE? GIVE YOURSELF A "PAWS UP" ~

UPDATE FOR THE JUNGLE PACK:
- You can take a vacation to Selvadorada, learn archaeology and Selvadorian culture and explore the temples.

UPDATE FOR SEASONS PACK:
- Brindleton Bay weather is as follows: Spring (Cool, Sunny, Rain, Cloudy); Summer (Warm, Heat Wave, Rain); Fall (Cool or Cold, Cloudy, Rain) and Winter (Cold, Freezing, Blizzard, Sunny). The catnip plants are in season during the four seasons and do not have to be sheltered.
- With the Seasons pack, there is a "Money Tree" that you can purchase with 5,000 aspiration reward points. You are permitted to grow ONE money tree on the vet lot. The Money tree grows year-round and does not have to be sheltered.
- You can purchase Burtie's Bee Box ($265 simoleons) and harvest and sell the honey.
- You can purchase the Violets are Blue Flower Arranging Table ($250 simoleons) and create and sell floral arrangements from harvested flowers, but you can't grow any on the lot.
- You can purchase Patchy The Straw Man ($450 simoleons), sprinklers, etc.
- You can participate in all of the holidays including The Lottery. You can also create your own holidays.
- You CAN'T undertake the new Gardening career.

UPDATE FOR GET FAMOUS PACK:
- You can become a celebrity, earn fame points and quirks.
- You can purchase the mix master music station ($1,500 simoleons) and The More Choices Video Station ($1,575 simoleons) to make some extra simoleons.
- You CAN'T undertake the new Acting or Style Influencer Career.

https://wordpress.com/post/soulgal7.wordpress.com/13962
Post edited by SoulGal7 on

Comments

• Options
    RESERVE
  • Options
    RESERVE
  • Options
    RESERVE
  • Options

Cats Rule & Dogs Drool Vet Challenge
    The Caring Paw vs Purrfect Bonz Vet Clinics

Yes, it's time for a new challenge! With the new Cats & Dogs pack just released, I was so excited, and after thinking long and hard, and play-testing a bit, I created a new challenge, called the Cats Rule & Dogs Drool Vet Challenge. See Rules https://soulgal7.wordpress.com/2017/11/25/cats-rule-dogs-drool-vet-challenge

The challenge has your sim trying to fulfill all the requirements that Doc Paws has set out so that eventually you can purchase and run the Brindleton Pawspital when he retires.

Our story will follow Bernice Barker and Cameron Catnip as they face the hard life of living on the dock of the bay. Cameron and Bernice's stories will be in separate save files.
    brad_and_empty_home_lot.png
    Cameron Catnip has the cat lover trait. He is a self-assured perfectionist and his Aspiration is Friend of the Animals. Cameron will move to a $1,500 simoleon "home" lot in Newcrest. He will have no pets to start. Cameron's vet clinic, called Purrfect Bonz, will be on a $2,000 simoleon lot in Brindleton Bay.
    bernice_and_buttercup.png

Bernice Barker has the dog lover trait. She also loves the outdoors, is cheerful and her Aspiration is Friend of the Animals. Bernice will move to a "home" lot in Brindleton Bay with her beloved dogger, Buttercup. Her vet clinic, called The Caring Paw, will be on a lot in Brindleton Bay. Both lots cost $2,000 simoleons.

Who will be the first to make their vet clinic into a 5-star clinic? Who will make the most simoleons? Who will be the new owner of the Brindleton Pawspital? Who will pick up the most doodles from their lawn? Stay tuned for more pet adventures coming soon.

https://soulgal7.wordpress.com/2017/11/25/cats-rule-dogs-drool-vet-challenge-the-caring-paw-vs-purrfect-bonz
  • Options
    I have Chapter 1 up for Purrfect Bonz, Cameron Catnip's first day of the challenge. Enjoy! Any comments or suggestions are always appreciated.

https://soulgal7.wordpress.com/2017/11/26/cats-rule-dogs-drool-vet-challenge-wk-1-day-1-sun-purrfect-bonz
    cam_is_really_taken_with_doki.png
  • Options
    edited November 2017
    We have a secret sleuth helping us "test" things. Yes, it's Hank Western from Retail Wars, The Retail Store Challenge created by @AIRIS6962. Hank just recently moved to Brindleton Bay and he and his trusty collie, Patches (she's a female dog), have told me that if anyone is looking for catnip, there is some on Deadgrass Isle. There is also some madnip there, too, as well as at the beach. And, as much as Hank and Patches have explored the whole world of Brindleton Bay, there is no wild nuzzlenip anywhere. He told me, though, that you can purchase a seed pack from a planter and all 4 of the catnip varieties are in the seed pack.

Hank and Patches, thanks so much for the info. Hank has offered to provide some tips now and then and you will see them in a special post called Hank & Patches Doggone Diggins'.

Update - Ok, Hank and Patches must have been cloud gazing and missed the nuzzlenip. Thanks to @kymscreations for letting me know that it can be found on the Tails End Lot in Brindleton Bay. There is also some catnip in the far corner where the table and umbrella sit. Hank, drink more coffee next time, ok?

For those of you who followed Hank and Hallie in Retail Wars, you know that Hank and Geoffrey Landgraab were best buddies. Well, when Hank was exploring Brindleton Bay autonomously, guess who his first friend was? Yes, Geoffrey Landgraab. I found that hilarious. I tell you, it must be the shirt!

secret_sleuth.png

https://soulgal7.wordpress.com/2017/11/27/hank-patches-doggone-diggins
  • Options
    edited December 2017
    I have Chapter 2 up for Caring Paw, Bernice Barker and Buttercup's first day of the challenge. Enjoy! Any comments or suggestions are always appreciated.
    https://soulgal7.wordpress.com/2017/11/28/wk-1-day-1-sun-caring-paw-vet-clinic-cats-rule-dogs-drool-vet-challenge
    bernice_taking_buttercup_for_a_jog.png
  • Options
    edited December 2017
    Chapter 3 for Purrfect Bonz is now up. The Grand Opening of Cameron's vet clinic!

https://soulgal7.wordpress.com/2017/12/01/wk-1-day-2-mon-purrfect-bonz-grand-opening
    giving_cleo_a_hug.png
  • Options
    MyInnerSimMyInnerSim Posts: 215 Member
    Yay, can't wait to read it :smiley:
    My YouTube channel and Twitter account have recently undergone a name change and are now Tamz Playz, for everything else I am still My Inner Sim.
  • Options
    MizzTuraMizzTura Posts: 43 Member
    I have a question, can I upgrade vet clinic items and add more to my vet clinic during the week or does it have to be on Friday before I transfer money to my home lot?
  • Options
    edited December 2017
    MizzTura wrote: »
    I have a question, can I upgrade vet clinic items and add more to my vet clinic during the week or does it have to be on Friday before I transfer money to my home lot?

@MizzTura - welcome and thank you so much for reading. Great question! If you have the simoleons and you want to up-grade your clinic, you can do that at any time. It is only on Friday that you can transfer funds to your "home" lot. I hope that helps :)
  • Options
    ZurkaZurka Posts: 42 Member
    I enjoyed reading your texts so far ! I might start this challenge after my finals. It looks fun :)
  • Options
    edited December 2017
    Chapter 4 for Caring Paw is now up. The Grand Opening of Bernice's vet clinic. Will she do as well as Cameron?

https://soulgal7.wordpress.com/2017/12/03/ch-4-wk-1-day-2-mon-caring-paw-grand-opening

CALMING_DOWN_BLUE.png
  • Options
    Zurka wrote: »
    I enjoyed reading your texts so far ! I might start this challenge after my finals. It looks fun :)

@Zurka - welcome and thank you so much for reading! I would be thrilled if you started the challenge. Can't wait to see your builds and sims. Good luck in your exams!
  • Options
    edited December 2017
    And now a word from Hank and Patches. Read more in Hank & Patches Doggone Diggins' - Treat Mania.

https://soulgal7.wordpress.com/2017/12/05/hank-patches-doggone-diggins-treat-mania
    treats_for_your_pet_fun.png
  • Options
    edited December 2017
    Hi Everyone. A new chapter is up Chapter 5 for Purrfect Bonz. And, up shortly, there will be a poll to choose a new pet for Cameron.

https://soulgal7.wordpress.com/2017/12/08/ch-5-wk-1-day-3-tues-purrfect-bonz
    cameron_is_heading_the_the_idland.png
  • Options
    edited December 2017
    We have our very first Voting Poll. Vote for a pet for Cameron to adopt. Poll closes Sunday, December 10th at 10am. Happy voting.

"https://polldaddy.com/poll/9892977/"
    cam_vote.png
  • Options
    MeeshelbyMeeshelby Posts: 1,914 Member
    This looks awesome!! I just bought the expansion so going to try your challenge!
  • Options
    Meeshelby wrote: »
    This looks awesome!! I just bought the expansion so going to try your challenge!

@Meeshelby - Oh I am so honored that you are going to try it. I love the expansion pack and all the pets. I am also play testing it myself, and will have more time to play when the holidays are over.
  • Options
    I was having a play of this and I accidentally killed my sim XD back to square one (I was only in the early stages at least) but it was so fun!
  • Options
    edited December 2017
    @MizzTura - oh I'm so sorry about your sim. How did your poor simmie die? :( But, I am glad that you liked playing the challenge. If you have screenies that you would like to share or blog, please do. I'd love to see it!
  • Options
    MyInnerSimMyInnerSim Posts: 215 Member
    @SoulGal7 I've shared your challenge with some simmers I chat with on Discord and I'm also going to share it on Twitter :smiley: As soon as I get the chance I will start it, I'm just crazy busy right now. I'm hoping to finish the bakery videos on New Year's Eve so that will free up some time :smile:
    My YouTube channel and Twitter account have recently undergone a name change and are now Tamz Playz, for everything else I am still My Inner Sim.
  • Options
    > @SoulGal7 said:
    > @MizzTura - oh I'm so sorry about your sim. How did your poor simmie die? :( But, I am glad that you liked playing the challenge. If you have screenies that you would like to share or blog, please do. I'd love to see it!

Starvation XD

I have started a youtube channel and the video of the new version is on there but I can't link it right now! I will when I can though!
  • Options
    RawlaRawla Posts: 7,495 Member
    Thanks @Meeshelby for sharing the link to this challenge with me. :smiley:

@SoulGal7 - This looks fun! I've bookmarked this and plan on trying it as soon as my crazy life will let me.
  • Options
    MyInnerSim wrote: »
    @SoulGal7 I've shared your challenge with some simmers I chat with on Discord and I'm also going to share it on Twitter :smiley: As soon as I get the chance I will start it, I'm just crazy busy right now. I'm hoping to finish the bakery videos on New Year's Eve so that will free up some time :smile:

@MyInnerSim - Oh that was so nice of you! Thank you so much. Yes, it's that time of year when we are all kind of busy. January will be better. Yeah, can't wait to see a Let's Play on this. So Cool!

@Mizztura - Gosh...feed that poor sim! lol Oh that is great. Can't wait to see your YouTube channel.

@Rawla - Welcome and oh so happy you are thinking of trying the challenge. I am play-testing it myself and finding lots of twists. lol Yes, life is crazy for me, too.