Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

FPS rate for sims 4

I'm used to the sims 3 and know that should be 60 fps, and I know how to change it successfully so that sims 3 works correctly.

My question is, however, what should the range be for the sims 4? Is it the same, or should the range be higher?

Comments

• Options
    chesterbigbirdchesterbigbird Posts: 8,581 Member
    tac612 wrote: »
    I'm used to the sims 3 and know that should be 60 fps, and I know how to change it successfully so that sims 3 works correctly.

My question is, however, what should the range be for the sims 4? Is it the same, or should the range be higher?

It should be the same as your monitors refresh rate, so if your monitor is 60Hz then that's what your fps should be for ALL games when vsync is enabled.
    And we always recommend vsync be enabled.
    i7 6700K
    16GB hyper X fury
    MSI GTX 1080
    MSI gaming M5 mobo
    Evga 750 supernova
    Corsair hydro h110i GT
    Corsair obsidian 750D
    500GB SSD
    6TB Seagate Barracuda Pro
    LG 34" ultra wide

• Options
    tac612tac612 Posts: 453 Member
    edited November 2017
    Hmm ok. It's running high 90's...

Edit: fixed!!! Went into NVIDIA Inspector and changed the frame rate refresh to 60 and the game is now set af 59/60, dame aa sims 3
  • Options
    DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,596 Member
    Crying and jealous cuz my fps is at like 20-30fps and I have a so called decent gaming laptop. :D
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    832XG3D.gif
  • Options
    @DeKay mine has always been crazy- like 300+ range and I have a gaming laptop.. I have to physically go in every time my graphic card updates and change it back to 60fps... at least for sims 3. I JUST got Sims 4 and didn't know if it was supposed to be the same.
  • Options
    @DeKay mine has always been crazy- like 300+ range and I have a gaming laptop.. I have to physically go in every time my graphic card updates and change it back to 60fps... at least for sims 3. I JUST got Sims 4 and didn't know if it was supposed to be the same.

Yeah, I do have V sync on as well for TS4 but I could rarely get it to be 60fps. It's usually below that but it won't go over, of course. XD
    832XG3D.gif
  • Options
    DeKay wrote: »

Yeah, I do have V sync on as well for TS4 but I could rarely get it to be 60fps. It's usually below that but it won't go over, of course. XD

I'm not sure how to help ? I'm not very tech saavy... I had to get help earlier with the same issue with sims 3, ans jusy followed that for sims 4...
  • Options

I'm not sure how to help ? I'm not very tech saavy... I had to get help earlier with the same issue with sims 3, ans jusy followed that for sims 4...

It's okay. It's actually just the game that's a bit broken. Some of the worlds like Oasis Springs have a more stable 60fps.

If you want to help, when you can, try going to San Myshuno or Brindleton Bay on some of the bigger lots and see if you can get 60fps. And post your findings here. Thank you. :)
    832XG3D.gif
  • Options
    DivieOwlDivieOwl Posts: 1,161 Member
    Sims 4, unlike Sims 3, has a v-sync in game that generally is enough to limit fps correctly. In game options, there's a check box for vertical sync. You want that checked/ticked.
  • Options
    @DeKay I would, but I don't currently have Brindleton Bay... when I do get it I'll let you known
  • Options
    Alright, thank you! :)
    832XG3D.gif
  • Options
    @DeKay I just tested out Brindleton Bay (Just got cars and dogs) and I haven't had any issues with the fps - still running at 60! I moved in a sim and took her to one of the larger sim lots (a huge mansion) and my fps was still fine there.
  • Options
    @DeKay I just tested out Brindleton Bay (Just got cars and dogs) and I haven't had any issues with the fps - still running at 60! I moved in a sim and took her to one of the larger sim lots (a huge mansion) and my fps was still fine there.

Thank you. Are you playing on a laptop or desktop? And also what's your processor and graphics card?
    832XG3D.gif
  • Options
    Laptop. I have a Nividia Geforce GTX960M..something like that... Processor is a 2.60 GHz intel i7
  • Options
    Laptop. I have a Nividia Geforce GTX960M..something like that... Processor is a 2.60 GHz intel i7

Oh, interesting. I have the same card too. :D Maybe I could try downloading Nvidia Inspector and see if it makes a difference. Thank you for your input.
    832XG3D.gif
  • Options

Oh, interesting. I have the same card too. :D Maybe I could try downloading Nvidia Inspector and see if it makes a difference. Thank you for your input.

I use the Inspector and that does help... all I did was just change the frame rate 60 fps and then alsp change v-sync to on. Works like a charm, even for my sims 3.
  • Options
    jimmysnanjimmysnan Posts: 8,303 Member
    edited November 2017

I use the Inspector and that does help... all I did was just change the frame rate 60 fps and then alsp change v-sync to on. Works like a charm, even for my sims 3.

I wonder if I download inspector it will help with my crashes. I have NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti My game keeps crashing and stalling when I click Origin but in NVIDIA EXPERIENCE it plays really well.
  • Options
    chesterbigbirdchesterbigbird Posts: 8,581 Member
    jimmysnan wrote: »

I wonder if I download inspector it will help with my crashes. I have NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti My game keeps crashing and stalling when I click Origin but in NVIDIA EXPERIENCE it plays really well.

Nvidia inspector is just a more advanced nvidia control panel.. it's driver software.
    As you said your fps is already at 60 then I'm not sure it would help. LOL we have to figure out your issues before we install anything else.
    Don't worry we will get to the bottom of it ;)
    i7 6700K
    16GB hyper X fury
    MSI GTX 1080
    MSI gaming M5 mobo
    Evga 750 supernova
    Corsair hydro h110i GT
    Corsair obsidian 750D
    500GB SSD
    6TB Seagate Barracuda Pro
    LG 34" ultra wide