Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Food Fights - Cats and Dogs

Hello. :)

The dogs and the cat are often arguing during mealtime. Sometimes 2 of em even get into fights.
Even though there's plenty of food for everyone, they seem to find one particular bowl of food the most interesting.
I call each of em to a bowl of food, to avoid problems - only I don't avoid problems.

Any ideas about this?
What can I do to avoid problems?

Ps, there's a tub outside, so it is easier to bathe the dogs

[img][/img]DP5o1sT.png
Zpj9msL.png

Comments

• Options
    EnderGamer87EnderGamer87 Posts: 248 Member
    I have never seen that happen. That is strange
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    I have a household with four dogs that sometimes fight. So, I put four auto-bowls in one spot, in a cross pattern so the dogs would find the food in one spot but the approach would be different for each bowl. It has worked so far, but I haven't played today.
  • Options
    SvineprutterSvineprutter Posts: 2,321 Member
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    I have a household with four dogs that sometimes fight. So, I put four auto-bowls in one spot, in a cross pattern so the dogs would find the food in one spot but the approach would be different for each bowl. It has worked so far, but I haven't played today.

Sounds like a good idea.
    Thanks for sharing. :)
    Zpj9msL.png
  • Options
    PapayaPancakePapayaPancake Posts: 867 Member
    I have a family with 4 dogs and 2 cats. I think it has something to do with proximity of the food bowls. I have 3 food bowls next to each other and often they would growl or whine at each other when they eat. Having put the food bowls at different places (a few outside the house), has somewhat stopped that.
  • Options
    alan650111alan650111 Posts: 3,295 Member
    edited November 2017
    This is realistic. In real life pets often fight over food. I enjoy the fights that sometimes happen on my game cause it is boring if everything is all sunshine and rainbows all the time.
  • Options
    wormstache999wormstache999 Posts: 477 Member
    In-game I had multiple cats so far (no dogs) and they would either eat at the same time or wait until the other one's done. But I haven't seen any kind of fights about food - Not with my cats and not with pets at the vet clinic.
    Interesting to know that it can happen.
  • Options
    NZsimm3rNZsimm3r Posts: 9,265 Member
    Call them to eat at different times. *shrug*
    I'm a girl who likes to play with boys, what can I say... o:)

“Instead of putting players in the role of Luke Skywalker, or Frodo Baggins, I'd rather put them in the role of George Lucas.”Will Wright.
  • Options
    RedDestiny92RedDestiny92 Posts: 7,850 Member
    I started separating the food bowls not all my dogs need it but letting them eat outside or in another bedroom is good.
    Reddestiny921 on the gallery...still not sure if I capitalized the second d..lol
    All the sims err'day
    PmyCqgA.png
  • Options
    CheekybitsCheekybits Posts: 1,030 Member
    My cat watches my dog eat in my sims save. I don't think se likes being watched when eating so they fight. Only way I can please them both is my cat has to take the food bowl to the right and my dog prefers the food bowl to the left then there all happy.
  • Options
    I have a family with 4 dogs and 2 cats. I think it has something to do with proximity of the food bowls. I have 3 food bowls next to each other and often they would growl or whine at each other when they eat. Having put the food bowls at different places (a few outside the house), has somewhat stopped that.

Thank you. :)
    Zpj9msL.png
  • Options
    alan650111 wrote: »
    This is realistic. In real life pets often fight over food. I enjoy the fights that sometimes happen on my game cause it is boring if everything is all sunshine and rainbows all the time.

True. :)
    Zpj9msL.png
  • Options
    NZsimm3r wrote: »
    Call them to eat at different times. *shrug*

Thank you. I may give this a go too. My sim often prepare meals for her dogs and cat too. I let her decide wish one will get the meal, cause it seems she always know who needs it the most. :)
    Zpj9msL.png
  • Options
    I started separating the food bowls not all my dogs need it but letting them eat outside or in another bedroom is good.

Yes, I try to make some distance between the bowls too. Thank you. :)
    Zpj9msL.png
  • Options
    In-game I had multiple cats so far (no dogs) and they would either eat at the same time or wait until the other one's done. But I haven't seen any kind of fights about food - Not with my cats and not with pets at the vet clinic.
    Interesting to know that it can happen.

My cat has been involved in a few food fights and I've seen pets fight over food at the Vet Clinic my sim is running. Territorial cats really put in a punch btw. Are not afraid to attack anything, including sims. :)
    Zpj9msL.png
  • Options
    Cheekybits wrote: »
    My cat watches my dog eat in my sims save. I don't think se likes being watched when eating so they fight. Only way I can please them both is my cat has to take the food bowl to the right and my dog prefers the food bowl to the left then there all happy.

They may prefer to eat at the same bowl every time. Since I got 4 dogs and a cat, I can't remember wish one they use, hehe. :)
    Zpj9msL.png
  • Options
    StormsviewStormsview Posts: 2,603 Member
    edited November 2017
    Hello. :)
    The dogs and the cat are often arguing during mealtime. Sometimes 2 of em even get into fights.
    Even though there's plenty of food for everyone, they seem to find one particular bowl of food the most interesting.
    I call each of em to a bowl of food, to avoid problems - only I don't avoid problems.

Any ideas about this?
    What can I do to avoid problems?

You can teach them not to fight, If you click on the fighting dogs, it will show you the attacker, and say discipline for attacking.
    I have a small breed male cat and a small breed female dog. The cat who loves to fight any animal in the tree or bush, like all day long.
    So even though they are friends he sometimes wants to control all food, he knows one is her bowl, and it's not that close to his.
    But when I saw it was my Tomcat that attacked I picked up the little dog and pet her, after I put her down he came and took my hand and apologized. that was so cute, now he never attacks.

we'll give you a full refund. Just make sure you make your request within 24 hours after you first launch the game, within seven days from your date of purchase, or within seven days from the game's release date if you pre-ordered, whichever comes first.
    Who said EA doesn't have a sense of humor
  • Options
    edited November 2017
    [quote="Stormsview;

You can teach them not to fight, If you click on the fighting dogs, it will show you the attacker, and say discipline for attacking.
    I have a small breed male cat and a small breed female dog. The cat who loves to fight any animal in the tree or bush, like all day long.
    So even though they are friends he sometimes wants to control all food, he knows one is her bowl, and it's not that close to his.
    But when I saw it was my Tomcat that attacked I picked up the little dog and pet her, after I put her down he came and took my hand and apologized. that was so cute, now he never attacks.

[/quote]

Maybe direct attacks can be prevented that way, but even though Dog has learned not to attack, he is still growling often and have steam built up. The others get upset by this and sad.
    It is pretty hard for me to observe things, as my sim is walking dogs at least 12 hours a day.
    [img][/img]gknKLBO.png
    [img][/img]I79lks0.png

Post edited by Svineprutter on
    Zpj9msL.png