Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

My vampire can't use his powers...

Hi Guys!

I tried to search for my current problem, but found nothing about it, so I'll just ask.

I just got the Vampires GP a few days ago and I had no problems with "buying" powers with my power points and using them (I had a vampire who started to turn others right after purchasing the Vampire Creation power, and I was able to cast hallucinations too after buying that one too. But with my current household, I have troubles. My vampire have the Vampire Creation, the Detect Personality and the Mesmerize powers but he can't use any of them! All he can do are the regular vampire interactions, such as drinking plasma or making a vampire pun....you know, just the basic things.

So I'm really confused right now, do any of you had the same problem?
NGNB-8EuRwCJ0he-_czY2g.png

Comments

• Options
    BethTS4BethTS4 Posts: 111 Member
    Update: First of all, I disabled all my mods and CC.
    Secondly, with a little cheating, I bought more weaknesses and powers, so I can test it. My sims's weaknesses are working, and some of the powers too that don't require interactions with other sims (for example sun resistance, controlling emotions, etc). But the powers (like turning others) that would have to be available with clicking on a sim and using the vampire interaction are not there. My sim can only drink from others, nothing else.
    What's more, I tried the premades with that trait too and they're unable to perform the interaction too.
  • Options
    kalaksedkalaksed Posts: 2,643 Member
    there are currently some issues with vampires after the big patch for november, not going to guarantee that your issues are part of the same, but here's a thread on that: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/928614/are-vampires-bugged-from-the-patch/p1

the vampire creation power isn't one anyone on that thread has mentioned, so could be something different. but it also very well could be a part of this that got overlooked. the devs are looking into what we're reporting, so hopefully all will be fixed with next month's patch (or even more hopefully, sooner)

if you can, have your vampire and the sim you want them to turn travel to another lot together, see if the option to turn pops up then. if so, it's likely part of the above discussion and should also be mentioned there (just in case, so the gurus can see they're linked)

the issues seem to crop up at least slightly differently for each player and, while not absolutely gamebreaking (for most of us), are quite annoying. annoying enough that i haven't even touched any of my vampire households since the discovery. they're just wandering about as townies currently, and i cheat their needs up any time i see one walking around complaining of low dark energy or whatever. as soon as the fix is in, gonna add them back to my play rotation
  • Options
    BethTS4BethTS4 Posts: 111 Member
    Thank you so much! Seems like I have a non-bug related (or at least I think) issue, because I tried to use his powers at his lot and they're not showing up either. Weird, because I was able to use it a few days ago.
    One thing I can think of is, that maybe, I have to re-install everything, because yesterday I played another family, with stuff from parenthood and some of the objects are seem bugged to me - and just like the vampire problem, I can't seem to find a solution for it either. My sims can't get to the activity table to build it for the toddler, same goes to the school projects and the journal. :(
  • Options
    dessertbunnydessertbunny Posts: 8 New Member
    This is a little old topic but is it normal when a vampire cannot mesmerize another vampire? It's always a fail and all are Masters.
  • Options
    EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,937 Member
    This is a little old topic but is it normal when a vampire cannot mesmerize another vampire? It's always a fail and all are Masters.

It is normal.