Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How "in your face" are the vampires?

2...Next

Comments

• NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member
    @To7m

You said you play with vampires, you see I don't. I use build items from the pack to make fixer upper homes. I will just keep looking for the toggle mod update or an update to the mod that does not allow vampires to leave their one dark world.
  • ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    I held off on this pack for a long time. Originally, I didn't think I wanted any vampires in this save. Now, it turns out that the save I am playing is pretty much dominating my interest and has gotten complex. My save is basically a rotational town where I play with a bunch of different characters who interact with each other. It is mostly a realistic save.

Recently, I did decide to make YA Max Villareal into a vampire because it didn't deviate that far from realism in my game. I wanted him to be "bad" and "fallen". I also wanted him to probably be enemies with now-criminal Wolfgang Munch in my game. I could have made him into another criminal but it was October and the sale was on. I decided that it made complete sense for him to be a proper vampire. The only thing that I regret is that I've given him the guilty drinker trait later into his development. I feel like I might need to ultimately get rid of that one because he is not a nice or soft vampire. I think at some point, he'll need to take the kid gloves off by removing that trait because he is primal, evil and dwells in darkness. Mwa ha ha!

Anyway, I'm still largely a realism player and I was worried about vampires invading my other households. Sure, Max drinks blood but I decide who, when and where. I do keep track of who his prey are and it is part of the general plot of the town. Max doesn't exactly want to attract too much attention and get himself burned, so no, I don't really want him randomly preying on all of my households. Fortunately, that has not been happening.

I found that I am basically in charge of how I incorporate the vampires in my game. At first, the game did generate a bunch of them. I edited a few of them that I was keeping to look the way that I want so I personally know who all the vampires are in my game. I deleted the rest. Vampires will occasionally stand on the door in front of a random household that I am playing looking vaguely creepy and like they'd like to come inside. I ignore them and I'm ok with them doing that or I'd delete them.

When I wanted Max to turn, I had to pointedly invite Vlad by having Max debate the existence of vampires with his brother so that Vlad would come bite him. I then had Max personally go to Vlad's house and start befriending him because Max pointedly wanted to be a vampire. Vlad finally decided that Max was serious and turned him at my request.

I only had the annoying off-lot vampire break in once fortunately. If that were more frequent, it would annoy me. It was also Max that I was playing so it felt like a bug to me. (Max was then a vampire living on his own in Forgotten Hollow. There is no one at his home to drink from.) Annoyances from the pack have been pretty minor and I've generally ignored them. I don't like that Vlad is working the cart in Brindleton Bay; in my opinion, that is annoying because I'd rather not have a vampire doing that. Also, when I haven't locked the doors of a house at night, I've occasionally noticed vampires who would just run through the ground floor of that house very quickly without stopping. They wouldn't bite anyone but I guess they were basically reminding me that I hadn't locked the door. When I locked the door, they stopped doing that. I was slightly annoyed but I could just ignore it.

I guess I'm saying that I've generally found that I have to personally invite the vampires into a household which is a set-up that I'm happy with. I'd rather decide if I want a household to get involved with the vampires or to just be more realistic. At some point, I probably will make a family or two who want to engage the vampires. I like being able to decide for myself on that.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.
  • ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    I'm also adding that I have not needed to plant or use any garlic in my realistic houses which makes me happy. I did not want to add garlic to all of my houses as I would have found that immersion-breaking for realism. Vampires generally live eternally so I plan for Forgotten Hollow's plot to move at a much slower pace than the rest of my town. Things don't change as much there because they are immortal. They are also like an exclusive little club in my game. Because they live forever, they are picky about turning people. They have to decide that they are ok with an eternity of listening to someone's chatter after all, so most who apply for vampirism are rejected.

At some point, I will probably have a household move into the garlic house where the father is a vampire hunter and the daughter is fascinated by them. That could be generations from now.

I think that if you are prepared to ignore a few little annoyances, you can basically buy the pack for the gothic Victorian objects and style and largely ignore the vampires. It helps if you are already comfortable with managing the world.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited November 2017
    Beware about advising players to delete Sims - as last I heard since the pets patch any deleting of Sims is creating problems in players game, anywhere from breaking their game to corrupting saves. Also the three main vamps are subject to respawning because the world in question is their world and either they or their replacements will come back eventually. So if your don't want vamps, you perhaps should not get the pack made for people who do want the Vamps. LOL.

Once you buy it - then you will be stuck with them as Sims 4 does not work with toggles and why they purposely made the Vamps in their own pack.

But anyway since the C&D patches - deleting any sims is breaking games or at least causing problems with games. So you might want to at least wait for hopefully a fix for this issue if you intend to delete any Sims. In past Sims games deleting any sims has always been an issue - so we were lucky Sims 4 did not have that issue up until now. I was not surprised for it to be an issue frankly - the way the programmiing for Sims work. But anyway - just letting you know that suggestions to just delete the Vamps is no longer a good idea - for now anyway.

In case you doubt what I am saying about deleting ANY sims - here's the thread about it-

http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/929051/game-breaking-error-caused-by-deleting-households-122-70c7f9a6-9c7f491f

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• SanguiniRebornSanguiniReborn Posts: 26 Member
    I've found people complaining about too many vampires and that they are always breaking in. In my first save files it happened occasionally but nothing too bad but in my current game now that I want a vampire attack I can't seem to get one to happen. I suppose its the luck of the draw.