Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

BUG: Asking parents to spray monster under bed does nothing.

I'm playing on Xbox One X and whenever a kid gets scared by a monster under the bed he has the option to ask a parent to spray the monster.

Asking a parent to spray the monster does nothing. The parent just ignores the kid. I then have to switch control to the parent and manually get him/her to spray the monster.

Sometimes the option to ask to spray monster is listed twice in the option wheel and it doesn't matter which you choose the parent just ignores it.

Comments

• AC1AC1 Posts: 2 New Member
    The game is so new and buggy that there’s a thousand problems with the console version. We’ll just have to wait on patches. I have had the same issue (PS4) and I’ve sprayed for monsters probably 100 times.

Toddlers seem to be the buggiest for me. I might have to click an interaction 5 different times for it to finally happen hours later (sim time.) Earlier i clicked to read toddler to sleep at 6pm and he didn’t actually sit down and do it until about 10:30.
  • drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,115 Member
    This issue has been on the PC version for a long time. I wouldn’t expect a fix anytime soon.
  • PrincessVeePrincessVee Posts: 1,787 Member
    Exactly. PC players have been experiencing it for about half a year by now.
    Intel i7-6700HQ; nvidia gtx970m 3 gb; 1tb HHD and 256gb SSD; my drivers are always up to date.

• Simsfan99111Simsfan99111 Posts: 1,260 Member
    edited December 2017
    This is driving me mad now, that and the fact every time my child sim or any child sim ive had in my family wakes up and its like they are waking up from a nightmare. Not just when they wake up from the monster under the bed but when they wake up in general.Lol
  • SuperSimAddictSuperSimAddict Posts: 13 New Member
    There also seems to be a bug where an adult can ‘spray the monster under the bed’ without me even having a child in that save game.
  • SuperSimAddictSuperSimAddict Posts: 13 New Member
    Whenever a child wakes up they seem like they have had a nightmare even though they haven’t. Is anyone else having this problem?
  • NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member
    Not a bug, you have to control the parent and select that action. It is not an autonomous action. It is the same thing via PC. Also, kids hace been waking up with the "nightmare yell" via PC for a while now, even without having one. I assumed it was same on console.
    Whenever a child wakes up they seem like they have had a nightmare even though they haven’t. Is anyone else having this problem?

Yes, been an issue on pc for at least year now so i dont see it getting fixed on console any time soon.
  • StormsviewStormsview Posts: 2,603 Member

Kids in my households do wake up their parents to spray monsters under the bed, they will also ask their teen sibling or nanny to help. They have always done this since I got the game. I do not have the console.
    Its two solutions to this. One is trade your kids half bed for a full bed. the second solution is to use a child's night light on the wall near their bed.
    The one I like best is a wall light and has parenthood logo its called ( starry night, night light ) it comes in blue yellow and pink, also the stars move.
    When kids have a night light for kids I think 99.99% :) of the time they sleep through the night.
    A friend on this forum told me about the nightlight for kids beds and it works.
    we'll give you a full refund. Just make sure you make your request within 24 hours after you first launch the game, within seven days from your date of purchase, or within seven days from the game's release date if you pre-ordered, whichever comes first.
    Who said EA doesn't have a sense of humor
  • MrDuckMrDuck Posts: 15 Member
    When my child has a nightmare they seem to go round the house waking everyone up! They're all related as a family but was really annoying so I had to lock the rooms to stop the kid going into each room.
  • ldmarkoldmarko Posts: 5,487 Member
    edited April 2018
    And is it really necessary for there to be a nightmare/monster under the bed with every single toddler/child every single plumming night? Even with the night lights it happens more often than it should. Not every child is afraid of the dark. Maybe if we got the brave trait back or they fixed those worthless character traits to actually have some immediate impact on the kids (e.g. high emotional control would keep that monster away).

Also, why do children always give a yelp of terror when they wake up?

EtA-Oops, I didn't realize I was in the console forum, (that's while I get for posting before I'm fully caffeinated in the morning!). I play on PC.
    Gallery ID: LDM2
  • RavenSpitRavenSpit Posts: 1,387 Member
    It's very annoying.
    When it happend the first time, I found it kinda cute and a nice detail, but now it happens almost every night...that just takes the fun out, plus I don't get why the child has to wake up every adult sim in the house, it's stupid.

Also I DO switch to one parent and let them spray the monster, but often the child doesn't follow the parent back into the bedroom and therefore does not see the monster being sprayed...so I have to first manually make the parent and the child go into the bedroom (and hope they stay there, the child sometimes wanders of to eat/watch tv and other stuff very quickly after waking up the parents), then spray the monster and than put everybody back to sleep......all of that is just annoying especially if you have to do it almost every night...

the nightlights don't seem to make it much better and I really don't want a child to sleep in a big bed...
    I have notices though, there is one child bed that says something along the lines of "no monsters under this bed" in the description, I only resently saw that and gave it to one child, for now there were no monsters, so I hope it really works.
    But I don't want to give every child the same bed, especially since it's not a good one.
    Gallery ID: ra7orrat

• drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,115 Member
    Not a bug, you have to control the parent and select that action. It is not an autonomous action. It is the same thing via PC. Also, kids hace been waking up with the "nightmare yell" via PC for a while now, even without having one. I assumed it was same on console.

This is a bug. When the monster was first introduced selecting the ‘ask to spray monster’ interaction resulted in the target sim spraying the bed. You can choose to select ‘spray monster’ from the parent, which still works, but the interaction from Child -> Parent does not.

Let's add to your bug, correction the Bug, The latest News :D now The Butler and all Nannies will go to any half bed even if the bed belongs to the Butler. with no kids in the home. they stay in the room all day talking to the monster and spraying. Done as a group effort lol. So, I just removed all half beds. Report it? best not to. If they work on the bug, next we may see the Butler and Nannies sitting on the floor eating the monsters under the bed. :D
    we'll give you a full refund. Just make sure you make your request within 24 hours after you first launch the game, within seven days from your date of purchase, or within seven days from the game's release date if you pre-ordered, whichever comes first.
    yeah...some of my parentsims now just randomly spray the monster under the bed without being near a bed (in the kitchen, in the living room...), curiouser and curiouser.

There is a special base game wall light you can place that also stops the monster showing up completely. Coolala, the Defender Wall Light priced at $60
    There is a special base game wall light you can place that also stops the monster showing up completely. Coolala, the Defender Wall Light priced at $60

I know, I got that one (actually two, one for each child), but the option to spray the monster/ask to spray the monster still comes up.

edited July 2018
    I do not think the parent listens to spray the bug monster when the child asks, But I think if the child asked to be put to bed the option comes up and at the time the parents will spray the bugs. new parenthood night lights work perfectly for me. but could be because I no longer have kids in my game lol.?
  • SassparellaSassparella Posts: 16 New Member
    I have this problem too. Kid asks parent or older sibling to spray under the bed and parent or older sibling wanders off to the toilet or the computer. Taking control and actually spraying under the bed does nothing. I've tried all sorts of combinations, I've even had the kid watch three other sims spray under the bed and continue panicking. I always have to wait for the timer on scared to go and then have tired kids at school the next day.
  • EA_CianEA_Cian Posts: 1,359 EA Staff (retired)
    I'm closing this out as the thread's been brought back to life a couple of times now and we do ask that bugs get posted over on AHQ. You can learn a bit more about that over at https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/944811/update-on-the-sims-4-help-center#latest
    ~my hair color is frequently changing, so my Sim reflects that~

Have questions about necroposting? Check out our Necroposting thread.

Bugs/Issues should be posted on Answers HQ, learn more over on Update on The Sims 4 Help Center.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top