Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

New computer help

Hello!

I'm planning to get a new computer soon and I wanted build my own computer this time. I used Pcpartpicker to try and build my own and I was wondering if the specs would be high enough to play the Sims 2/3/4 without any problems before ordering it.

Here are the specs:

- CPU: AMD - Ryzen 3 1300X 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor
- Motherboard: MSI - B350M MORTAR Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard
- Memory: Corsair - Vengeance LPX 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR4-2400 Memory
- Storage: Western Digital - Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
- Video Card: EVGA - GeForce GTX 1060 6GB 6GB GAMING Video Card
- Case: Fractal Design - Focus G (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case
- Power Supply: SeaSonic - S12II 520W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply
- Optical Drive: Asus - DRW-24B3ST/BLK/G/AS DVD/CD Writer

The website says that there shouldn't be compatibilities issues but I just wanted to make sure I will be able to play all the games (with high settings hopefully) without any problems.

Thanks in advance for your help :)

Comments

• phoebebebe13phoebebebe13 Posts: 19,400 Member
    edited November 2017
    Ask @chesterbigbird who is a build expert. She will be on the forum later, she is on a different time zone. She will need to know your budget and country.

You don't want 1ram stick. Your ram should run in dual channel so getting 2 x 4gb ram instead of 1 x 8gb ram would be better

You did not list a CPU cooler. You will need one of those. You will also need to add in a windows OS. if you have never built a gaming computer before, making a mistake can be costly. Your cooling also has to be in the right places. It's different than building a regular PC.

There are companies on line where you pick out the hardware and they will build the PC for you
  • mikawagmikawag Posts: 190 Member
    Thank you for your help! I'll ask her!

I've been told by someone on PCpartpicker than I wouldn't need a CPU cooler if I don't plan to overclock it? I've never built a computer so I want to make sure everything will end up alright.

I didn't know that there were companies online who could build the PC, I'll also look for more infos, thanks!
    Your welcome. Chester should be on soon she can help you pick out hardware on websites that build the computer for you or you have the option to build yourself. You can also send chester a PM

• rras1994rras1994 Posts: 47 Member
    mikawag wrote: »

I've been told by someone on PCpartpicker than I wouldn't need a CPU cooler if I don't plan to overclock it? I've never built a computer so I want to make sure everything will end up alright.

I didn't know that there were companies online who could build the PC, I'll also look for more infos, thanks!

The processor usually comes with a stock cooler which sometimes aren't enough for cooling. If you overclock, the processor generates more heat and therefore needs a better cooler system. The thing is some processors without overclocking still generate too much heat and generally need a better cooler then the stock one - I've heard the intel i7 processors can be like this. I'm not sure about your processor however, don't know the AMD serious that well. Luckily for you there are some very knowledgeble people who know a lot more than me on this forum like Chester :) Just posted this so you had some explanation, specially since you want to build the computer yourself. Good luck!
    rras1994 wrote: »

The processor usually comes with a stock cooler which sometimes aren't enough for cooling. If you overclock, the processor generates more heat and therefore needs a better cooler system. The thing is some processors without overclocking still generate too much heat and generally need a better cooler then the stock one - I've heard the intel i7 processors can be like this. I'm not sure about your processor however, don't know the AMD serious that well. Luckily for you there are some very knowledgeble people who know a lot more than me on this forum like Chester :) Just posted this so you had some explanation, specially since you want to build the computer yourself. Good luck!

Stock CPU cooler is never a good idea.. In general AMD heats up more than intel . If OP is going custom they should have a good CPU cooler to go with better custom hardware
  • wendellhillwendellhill Posts: 5 New Member
    Hello, Allover specs are perfect but as per phoebebebe13 Your ram should run on the dual channel so getting 2 x 4gb ram instead of 1 x 8gb ram would be better.
  • mikawagmikawag Posts: 190 Member
    Thanks for your help!

I'll make sure to add a CPU Cooler when I order everything!

I also contacted Chester to have more infos before ordering anything :)
    Thanks for your help!

I'll make sure to add a CPU Cooler when I order everything!

I also contacted Chester to have more infos before ordering anything :)

Your welcome and glad you spoke to Chester. Enjoy your new PC