Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 4 issues

This discussion was created from comments split from: Game will not save.

Comments

• Kitkat8062Kitkat8062 Posts: 3 New Member
    Hello, I am having a similar issue on my PC, the game froze on CAS and now it won't close the game, I've tried to uninstall but I assume orgin can't/is'nt because it is still open, I do use mods but I don't want to remove them since the game won't shut and I don't want to make it worse. I don't know what to do, I'm working on mac, I've tried quitting and it won't, I can't do anything else since orgin won't close if sims is open.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,393 Member
    Kitkat8062 wrote: »
    Hello, I am having a similar issue on my PC, the game froze on CAS and now it won't close the game, I've tried to uninstall but I assume orgin can't/is'nt because it is still open, I do use mods but I don't want to remove them since the game won't shut and I don't want to make it worse. I don't know what to do, I'm working on mac, I've tried quitting and it won't, I can't do anything else since orgin won't close if sims is open.

Might want to tag SimGuruArvin on Twitter for this issue.
  • EA_MageEA_Mage Posts: 1,354 EA Staff (retired)
    @Kitkat8062 I moved your post to the PC section of the forums.

Could you please restart your commuter and then repair the game (right click the game tile in Origin and select Repair)?

I would also recommend moving the entire Mods folder to your Desktop and then try again.
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,578 Member
    edited November 2017
    Hello @Kitkat8062
    Try doing what EA_Mage suggested and move your whole mods folder to the desktop.Then start the game and test to see if that helps the issues. If it does help, then put your mods/CC back into the newly generated mods folder in the sims 4 folder one by one or in batches and testing the game after each one to see which is the cause of the problem. Put one item or batch in , test the game , take it out. Then test another one, to find the cause of the issue.

This link thread contains a list of some of the broken and updated mods since the recent game patches.
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/928106/broken-mods-cats-and-dogs-nov-2017/p1?new=1

• PixelFox14PixelFox14 Posts: 5 New Member
    Moving my Sims 4 folder to the desktop DID help me with this issue as well. Then I just had to read the list of conflicting/safe mods to add back in/leave out.

Now I am having ANOTHER issue that I need to search for the answer: The added lots aren't "sticking". I placed a bunch of "no CC" lots from the gallery/my faves but when I go to send a sim there, the lot looks as it did before-either empty, or whatever the lot was before it was replaced.
    This goes for both residential and commercial lots. To get it to stick, I have to go to that lot, bulldoze the current lot, place the new lot, and then save. Not cool.

Also, the hover information for the lots are staying the same as the previous lots. For example, if I replaced a Maxis created library with a park from the gallery, once the lot is placed, it has the new name but the icon still says it's a library. Even when I go in to edit the lot, the info panel has all the correct information about it being a park, but in world view it says it's a library. Or if I replace a Maxis house with a community lot, when I hover it will say 0 bedrooms, 2 baths, or something like that.
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,578 Member
    PixelFox14 wrote: »
    Moving my Sims 4 folder to the desktop DID help me with this issue as well. Then I just had to read the list of conflicting/safe mods to add back in/leave out.

Now I am having ANOTHER issue that I need to search for the answer: The added lots aren't "sticking". I placed a bunch of "no CC" lots from the gallery/my faves but when I go to send a sim there, the lot looks as it did before-either empty, or whatever the lot was before it was replaced.
    This goes for both residential and commercial lots. To get it to stick, I have to go to that lot, bulldoze the current lot, place the new lot, and then save. Not cool.

Also, the hover information for the lots are staying the same as the previous lots. For example, if I replaced a Maxis created library with a park from the gallery, once the lot is placed, it has the new name but the icon still says it's a library. Even when I go in to edit the lot, the info panel has all the correct information about it being a park, but in world view it says it's a library. Or if I replace a Maxis house with a community lot, when I hover it will say 0 bedrooms, 2 baths, or something like that.

Hello @PixelFox14
    Repairing the game may help. To do that, right click on the sims 4 picture in Origin and click repair.

Try deleting the cache files and see if that helps
    https://sims4.crinrict.com/en/2014/09/delete-cache-files/
  • PixelFox14PixelFox14 Posts: 5 New Member
    @rosemow Thank you! You are very helpful! I will go and try those things and let you know if it works!