Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Bugs Since 11/7 Patch and/or Installation of Cats & Dogs EP

Comments

• rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,594 Member
    LuvMySimz wrote: »
    Thanks rose, I've already repaired the game and even resetted my Sims 4 Folders. I will try a new test save now.

Hello
    Are you having issues creating other items on the medicine station ? Did you try selling the medicine station and them buying a new one?
  • LuvMySimzLuvMySimz Posts: 642 Member
    I uninstalled Origin, reinstalled, reloaded all games, repaired again, and now it works. Thank you rose for always trying to help :)
    „ - Criticism may not be agreeable, but it's sometimes necessary - “

LuvMySimz wrote: »
    I uninstalled Origin, reinstalled, reloaded all games, repaired again, and now it works. Thank you rose for always trying to help :)

Hello
    It is great that it is working okay now :)
  • BlueBeansBlueBeans Posts: 5 New Member
    I posted this in the new members help thread, but here it would be relevant too I guess. Short summary of my issue--

Pre-update/Pets: When a sim died and had it's spirit released, family tree would show ghost image and list sim as "deceased". Clicking the tombstone would present the option to "mourn" the sims (and this continues to be an option on tombstones of sims who died prior to update).

Post-update/Pets: When a sim dies and has it's spirit released, the family tree shows the sim's picture in full colour and is not listed as deceased. The tombstone does not have an option to "mourn". Any relationship that sim had with siblings or other relatives via a "?" sim is void and all extended family are absent in the family tree. (i.e. two siblings created without a known parent shows them linked in the family tree via a "?" icon for a parent sim)

I also downloaded the toddler stuff pack and the dining out pack at the same time, if that's relevant at all. I do not have any mods added to my game. Is there anything I can do? I tried the "repair game" function earlier and it died not fix the problem.
    edited November 2017
    BlueBeans wrote: »
    I posted this in the new members help thread, but here it would be relevant too I guess. Short summary of my issue--

Pre-update/Pets: When a sim died and had it's spirit released, family tree would show ghost image and list sim as "deceased". Clicking the tombstone would present the option to "mourn" the sims (and this continues to be an option on tombstones of sims who died prior to update).

Post-update/Pets: When a sim dies and has it's spirit released, the family tree shows the sim's picture in full colour and is not listed as deceased. The tombstone does not have an option to "mourn". Any relationship that sim had with siblings or other relatives via a "?" sim is void and all extended family are absent in the family tree. (i.e. two siblings created without a known parent shows them linked in the family tree via a "?" icon for a parent sim)

I also downloaded the toddler stuff pack and the dining out pack at the same time, if that's relevant at all. I do not have any mods added to my game. Is there anything I can do? I tried the "repair game" function earlier and it died not fix the problem.

Hello
    I have posted a link in the other thread to an AHQ EA thread where you and other simmers that have this issue can post feedback
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/TO-TEST-Dead-Sims-look-alive-in-the-familytree/m-p/6433445#M52118

It would be good for other simmers who have this issue to also post about the issue there also.

• BlueBeansBlueBeans Posts: 5 New Member
    > @rosemow said:
    > BlueBeans wrote: »
    >
    > I posted this in the new members help thread, but here it would be relevant too I guess. Short summary of my issue--
    >
    > Pre-update/Pets: When a sim died and had it's spirit released, family tree would show ghost image and list sim as "deceased". Clicking the tombstone would present the option to "mourn" the sims (and this continues to be an option on tombstones of sims who died prior to update).
    >
    > Post-update/Pets: When a sim dies and has it's spirit released, the family tree shows the sim's picture in full colour and is not listed as deceased. The tombstone does not have an option to "mourn". Any relationship that sim had with siblings or other relatives via a "?" sim is void and all extended family are absent in the family tree. (i.e. two siblings created without a known parent shows them linked in the family tree via a "?" icon for a parent sim)
    >
    > I also downloaded the toddler stuff pack and the dining out pack at the same time, if that's relevant at all. I do not have any mods added to my game. Is there anything I can do? I tried the "repair game" function earlier and it died not fix the problem.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Hello
    > I have posted a link in the other thread to an AHQ EA thread where you and other simmers that have this issue can post feedback
    >
    >
    > It would be good for other simmers who have this issue to also post about the issue there also.

Oh thank you!! And sorry about that!! I have posted there now as well--I hope this is being looked into... I've never been on sim forums before, what are the odds EA will actually make note of this issue and/or respond to it? Especially since it doesn't appear to be very widespread at this time...
    BlueBeans wrote: »
    > @rosemow said:
    > BlueBeans wrote: »
    >
    > I posted this in the new members help thread, but here it would be relevant too I guess. Short summary of my issue--
    >
    > Pre-update/Pets: When a sim died and had it's spirit released, family tree would show ghost image and list sim as "deceased". Clicking the tombstone would present the option to "mourn" the sims (and this continues to be an option on tombstones of sims who died prior to update).
    >
    > Post-update/Pets: When a sim dies and has it's spirit released, the family tree shows the sim's picture in full colour and is not listed as deceased. The tombstone does not have an option to "mourn". Any relationship that sim had with siblings or other relatives via a "?" sim is void and all extended family are absent in the family tree. (i.e. two siblings created without a known parent shows them linked in the family tree via a "?" icon for a parent sim)
    >
    > I also downloaded the toddler stuff pack and the dining out pack at the same time, if that's relevant at all. I do not have any mods added to my game. Is there anything I can do? I tried the "repair game" function earlier and it died not fix the problem.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Hello
    > I have posted a link in the other thread to an AHQ EA thread where you and other simmers that have this issue can post feedback
    >
    >
    > It would be good for other simmers who have this issue to also post about the issue there also.

Oh thank you!! And sorry about that!! I have posted there now as well--I hope this is being looked into... I've never been on sim forums before, what are the odds EA will actually make note of this issue and/or respond to it? Especially since it doesn't appear to be very widespread at this time...

You’re welcome! :) You don’t need to be sorry at all!
    The Developers read alll the threads here on the forums and on the AHQ EA site, and do tests on the issues as a result of the feedback . Crinrict has a list of the open issues on the AHQ EA site, which is helpful for both the Developers and simmers. The issues are often fixed in a future patch when the Develpers can find the cause and what can be done to fix the issue.
  • SimsloverxXSimsloverxX Posts: 11 New Member
    @rosemow hi. I have tried moving my mods/cc out of the game and into a seperate folder on my desktop and it still happens. I have also tried repairing the game and I'm still having the same issue. Although i have noticed that when the screen goes white it says something like 64.exe has been blocked from accessing your graphics hardware? Something like that.
  • SimsloverxXSimsloverxX Posts: 11 New Member
    Sorry didn't realise that i couldnt mention users
    @rosemow hi. I have tried moving my mods/cc out of the game and into a seperate folder on my desktop and it still happens. I have also tried repairing the game and I'm still having the same issue. Although i have noticed that when the screen goes white it says something like 64.exe has been blocked from accessing your graphics hardware? Something like that.

Hello @SimsloverxX
    Could you please post your DxDiag info here..
    To gather a DXDIAG on your computer, do this :
    Press and hold the Windows key and the letter R on your keyboard
    You will see a Run box in the lower-left corner of your screen
    Type dxdiag in the text field
    Click OK
    Click the Save All Information button, found on the bottom of the DXDIAG report
    Then copy and paste the information from where you saved it, to pastebin https://pastebin.com
    and post the link to the file here

You will need to break up the pastebin link though by putting h.t.t.p. instead of http , because you are unable to post links because you are a new member.
  • gully_moegully_moe Posts: 1 New Member
    Hi, I do not own pets yet, but I have noticed some bugs with the new update that I have not had before. I noticed when throwing a social event, certain goals are not met, even if my sims are doing them. Like if sims are dancing, it does not register as anyone as dancing at all. I also just had a dinner party and when I had everyone eating at once, it did not reach the goal, "Have 3 sims eat at once." It's been very frustrating because I have a party simmer. =/
    gully_moe wrote: »
    Hi, I do not own pets yet, but I have noticed some bugs with the new update that I have not had before. I noticed when throwing a social event, certain goals are not met, even if my sims are doing them. Like if sims are dancing, it does not register as anyone as dancing at all. I also just had a dinner party and when I had everyone eating at once, it did not reach the goal, "Have 3 sims eat at once." It's been very frustrating because I have a party simmer. =/

Hello @gully_moe
    There is an issue at the moment that any goals that require sims doing things together are not registering as having been met. This issue has been posted on this AHQ EA thread
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/COLLECTION-THREAD-Party-Goals-not-fulfilling/m-p/6381164#M45229
  • lesliedaryllesliedaryl Posts: 51 Member
    Since downloading the Cats and Dogs, and the November patch, my sims have had nothing but problems. They won't read, or eat or cook.
    Some sit down in the middle of an action??? I took all of my families and put them in the library and started with another. Sometimes they work, sometimes they don't. What is happening here? I've never had this much trouble and I've been playing since sims 1. Does anyone else have these problems?
    Since downloading the Cats and Dogs, and the November patch, my sims have had nothing but problems. They won't read, or eat or cook.
    Some sit down in the middle of an action??? I took all of my families and put them in the library and started with another. Sometimes they work, sometimes they don't. What is happening here? I've never had this much trouble and I've been playing since sims 1. Does anyone else have these problems?

Hello
    If you have cc/mods in your game, move your mods folder to the desktop. Then start the game and see if the issues are still there

If the issues still remain, repairing the game may help. To do that, go to games library in Origin, right click on the sims 4 picture and click repair

Try resetting your sims 4 folder and see if that helps. To do that, move your sims 4 folder ( that is in Documents -Electronic Arts - then the sims 4 folder is there ) to the desktop. Then start the game, and a new sims 4 folder will be generated. Exit the game and then copy back the "options.ini" or " options " file and the "saves" , "screenshots" "tray" "custom music " and "mods" folders from the desktop sims 4 folder to the new sims 4 folder, replacing the new generated file/ folders with the old file/folders from the desktop sims 4 folder.
  • lesliedaryllesliedaryl Posts: 51 Member
    Thank you, I'll try that. :)
  • rlyons0521rlyons0521 Posts: 6 New Member
    I am having an issue since I downloaded the cats and dogs EP today. I can no longer get into CAS in the cheats, whether it be regular CAS or full edit mode. Is anyone else having this issue? This was something I was able to do and had done quite a few times in the past.
    rlyons0521 wrote: »
    I am having an issue since I downloaded the cats and dogs EP today. I can no longer get into CAS in the cheats, whether it be regular CAS or full edit mode. Is anyone else having this issue? This was something I was able to do and had done quite a few times in the past.

Hello.
    Is the option to modify in CAS no longer there when you shift click the sim?

Try coming completely out of the game, back to the desktop. Then reload the game and see if the issues remain.

Repairing the game may help. To do that, right click on the sims 4 picture in Origin and click repair.

> @rosemow said:
    > rlyons0521 wrote: »
    >
    > I am having an issue since I downloaded the cats and dogs EP today. I can no longer get into CAS in the cheats, whether it be regular CAS or full edit mode. Is anyone else having this issue? This was something I was able to do and had done quite a few times in the past.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Hello.
    > Is the option to modify in CAS no longer there when you shift click the sim?
    >
    > Try coming completely out of the game, back to the desktop. Then reload the game and see if the issues remain.
    >
    > Repairing the game may help. To do that, right click on the sims 4 picture in Origin and click repair.

The option is completely gone with I shift click the sim. The only option it is giving me is to change the mood. I am in the process of doing a repair as I have previously tried to restart the game and that did not work :/
    > @rosemow said:
    >
    > I am having an issue since I downloaded the cats and dogs EP today. I can no longer get into CAS in the cheats, whether it be regular CAS or full edit mode. Is anyone else having this issue? This was something I was able to do and had done quite a few times in the past.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Hello.
    > Is the option to modify in CAS no longer there when you shift click the sim?
    >
    > Try coming completely out of the game, back to the desktop. Then reload the game and see if the issues remain.
    >
    > Repairing the game may help. To do that, right click on the sims 4 picture in Origin and click repair.

The option is completely gone with I shift click the sim. The only option it is giving me is to change the mood. I am in the process of doing a repair as I have previously tried to restart the game and that did not work :/

Hello
    Type in to the cheats bar first
    testingcheats true
    If you have cc/mods in your game, move your mods folder to the desktop. Then start the game and see if the issues are still there
    > @rosemow said:
    >
    > > @rosemow said:
    > > rlyons0521 wrote: »
    > >
    > > I am having an issue since I downloaded the cats and dogs EP today. I can no longer get into CAS in the cheats, whether it be regular CAS or full edit mode. Is anyone else having this issue? This was something I was able to do and had done quite a few times in the past.
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > > Hello.
    > > Is the option to modify in CAS no longer there when you shift click the sim?
    > >
    > > Try coming completely out of the game, back to the desktop. Then reload the game and see if the issues remain.
    > >
    > > Repairing the game may help. To do that, right click on the sims 4 picture in Origin and click repair.
    >
    > The option is completely gone with I shift click the sim. The only option it is giving me is to change the mood. I am in the process of doing a repair as I have previously tried to restart the game and that did not work :/
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Hello
    > Type in to the cheats bar first
    > testingcheats true
    > If you have cc/mods in your game, move your mods folder to the desktop. Then start the game and see if the issues are still there

I do not have any mods to the game. After repairing the game, I am still having the issue. I cannot even shift click on the mailbox to improve household moods. I enter 'testingcheats true' then 'cas.fullcheatmode' and the only options I get when shift clicking a sim is 'reset object (debug)' and 'cheat need'. There is no longer anything to be able to edit the sims with.
    > @rosemow said:
    >
    > > @rosemow said:
    > >
    > > I am having an issue since I downloaded the cats and dogs EP today. I can no longer get into CAS in the cheats, whether it be regular CAS or full edit mode. Is anyone else having this issue? This was something I was able to do and had done quite a few times in the past.
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > > Hello.
    > > Is the option to modify in CAS no longer there when you shift click the sim?
    > >
    > > Try coming completely out of the game, back to the desktop. Then reload the game and see if the issues remain.
    > >
    > > Repairing the game may help. To do that, right click on the sims 4 picture in Origin and click repair.
    >
    > The option is completely gone with I shift click the sim. The only option it is giving me is to change the mood. I am in the process of doing a repair as I have previously tried to restart the game and that did not work :/
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Hello
    > Type in to the cheats bar first
    > testingcheats true
    > If you have cc/mods in your game, move your mods folder to the desktop. Then start the game and see if the issues are still there

I do not have any mods to the game. After repairing the game, I am still having the issue. I cannot even shift click on the mailbox to improve household moods. I enter 'testingcheats true' then 'cas.fullcheatmode' and the only options I get when shift clicking a sim is 'reset object (debug)' and 'cheat need'. There is no longer anything to be able to edit the sims with.

I am sorry that you are having this issue.

Try resetting your sims 4 folder, starting a new save game file, and testing to see if it occurs there also . To do that, move your sims 4 folder ( that is in Documents -Electronic Arts - then the sims 4 folder is there ) to the desktop. Then start the game, and a new sims 4 folder will be generated.
    Start a new game and test to see if the issue is in that new save game.
    Exit the game and then copy back the "options.ini" or "options" file and the "saves" , "screenshots" "tray" "custom music " and "mods" folders from the desktop sims 4 folder to the new sims 4 folder, replacing the new generated file/ folders with the old file/folders from the desktop sims 4 folder
    > @rosemow said:
    >
    > > @rosemow said:
    > >
    > > > @rosemow said:
    > > > rlyons0521 wrote: »
    > > >
    > > > I am having an issue since I downloaded the cats and dogs EP today. I can no longer get into CAS in the cheats, whether it be regular CAS or full edit mode. Is anyone else having this issue? This was something I was able to do and had done quite a few times in the past.
    > > >
    > > >
    > > >
    > > >
    > > > Hello.
    > > > Is the option to modify in CAS no longer there when you shift click the sim?
    > > >
    > > > Try coming completely out of the game, back to the desktop. Then reload the game and see if the issues remain.
    > > >
    > > > Repairing the game may help. To do that, right click on the sims 4 picture in Origin and click repair.
    > >
    > > The option is completely gone with I shift click the sim. The only option it is giving me is to change the mood. I am in the process of doing a repair as I have previously tried to restart the game and that did not work :/
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > > Hello
    > > Type in to the cheats bar first
    > > testingcheats true
    > > If you have cc/mods in your game, move your mods folder to the desktop. Then start the game and see if the issues are still there
    >
    > I do not have any mods to the game. After repairing the game, I am still having the issue. I cannot even shift click on the mailbox to improve household moods. I enter 'testingcheats true' then 'cas.fullcheatmode' and the only options I get when shift clicking a sim is 'reset object (debug)' and 'cheat need'. There is no longer anything to be able to edit the sims with.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > I am sorry that you are having this issue.
    >
    > Try resetting your sims 4 folder, starting a new save game file, and testing to see if it occurs there also . To do that, move your sims 4 folder ( that is in Documents -Electronic Arts - then the sims 4 folder is there ) to the desktop. Then start the game, and a new sims 4 folder will be generated.
    > Start a new game and test to see if the issue is in that new save game.
    > Exit the game and then copy back the "options.ini" or "options" file and the "saves" , "screenshots" "tray" "custom music " and "mods" folders from the desktop sims 4 folder to the new sims 4 folder, replacing the new generated file/ folders with the old file/folders from the desktop sims 4 folder

That worked!! Thank you very much for your help!
    edited December 2017
    > @rosemow said:
    >
    > > @rosemow said:
    > >
    > > > @rosemow said:
    > > > rlyons0521 wrote: »
    > > >
    > > > I am having an issue since I downloaded the cats and dogs EP today. I can no longer get into CAS in the cheats, whether it be regular CAS or full edit mode. Is anyone else having this issue? This was something I was able to do and had done quite a few times in the past.
    > > >
    > > >
    > > >
    > > >
    > > > Hello.
    > > > Is the option to modify in CAS no longer there when you shift click the sim?
    > > >
    > > > Try coming completely out of the game, back to the desktop. Then reload the game and see if the issues remain.
    > > >
    > > > Repairing the game may help. To do that, right click on the sims 4 picture in Origin and click repair.
    > >
    > > The option is completely gone with I shift click the sim. The only option it is giving me is to change the mood. I am in the process of doing a repair as I have previously tried to restart the game and that did not work :/
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > > Hello
    > > Type in to the cheats bar first
    > > testingcheats true
    > > If you have cc/mods in your game, move your mods folder to the desktop. Then start the game and see if the issues are still there
    >
    > I do not have any mods to the game. After repairing the game, I am still having the issue. I cannot even shift click on the mailbox to improve household moods. I enter 'testingcheats true' then 'cas.fullcheatmode' and the only options I get when shift clicking a sim is 'reset object (debug)' and 'cheat need'. There is no longer anything to be able to edit the sims with.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > I am sorry that you are having this issue.
    >
    > Try resetting your sims 4 folder, starting a new save game file, and testing to see if it occurs there also . To do that, move your sims 4 folder ( that is in Documents -Electronic Arts - then the sims 4 folder is there ) to the desktop. Then start the game, and a new sims 4 folder will be generated.
    > Start a new game and test to see if the issue is in that new save game.
    > Exit the game and then copy back the "options.ini" or "options" file and the "saves" , "screenshots" "tray" "custom music " and "mods" folders from the desktop sims 4 folder to the new sims 4 folder, replacing the new generated file/ folders with the old file/folders from the desktop sims 4 folder

That worked!! Thank you very much for your help!

You’re welcome :)
  • nattygirl13nattygirl13 Posts: 82 Member
    The bugs that I've encountered include: cc hairs randomly disappearing and reappearing during gameplay (sims walk around bald from time to time), all custom traits are no longer available in cas and the add more traits mod doesn't work on some of the traits I have like tsundere trait or bad and boujee trait, and sims randomly floating in midair when using cc bunk beds.