Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What do you like to see for christmas?

Comments

• catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
    Gift Giving would be nice but I doubt they'd put that in the Holiday Pack. I do believe we'll see it at some point though because a picture of two sims 4 sims giving gifts has been shown. Bet their saving it for Seasons.
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    Why is this moved to speculations and rumour? It has nothing to do with it. Pls @SimGuruDrake or someone else, could you move it to where it belongs :) thank you!

I think because it's discussing possibilities for the December (Christmas) patch in terms of updates for the holiday celebration pack, that's why it's in Spec & Rumor.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • LiaRose1435LiaRose1435 Posts: 720 Member
    edited November 2017
    Why is this moved to speculations and rumour? It has nothing to do with it. Pls @SimGuruDrake or someone else, could you move it to where it belongs :) thank you!

I think because it's discussing possibilities for the December (Christmas) patch in terms of updates for the holiday celebration pack, that's why it's in Spec & Rumor.

But it's not about updates to the holiday pack. Op is talking about making custom content for christmas and wants suggestions for what to make.
    Am I too lost to be saved?
    Am I too lost?
  • NeverSeemsToEndNeverSeemsToEnd Posts: 292 Member
    I would be very happy if they announce that seasons will be released in March, i think that would be a amazing gift for all simmers :D As for free content anything will make me happy, but maybe Santa, or, as someone already mention,the lights outside the house it's a cool thing to add.
    Origin ID: NeverSeemsToEnd
  • FurSimsOfficialFurSimsOfficial Posts: 2,362 Member

But it's not about updates to the holiday pack. Op is talking about making custom content for christmas and wants suggestions for what to make.

Yes I think most comments here are also showing that it is misunderstood :p
  • marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    agustd wrote: »
    We already have a Christmas pack why would we need another one?

Because they might update last years one with any new create a sim or build/buy content.

Personally I would love to see more decorations and lights.

Gifting
    Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

We won't be getting another Christmas Pack. Instead we get an Update to the Holiday Celebration Pack that adds more Christmas Stuff. There is still a lot missing.

We won't be getting another Christmas Pack. Instead we get an Update to the Holiday Celebration Pack that adds more Christmas Stuff. There is still a lot missing.

Agreed.

Well you know if you want more Xmas decorations, light ect ect
    Just Google Christmas decoration or lights cc for the sims 4.
    Visit the sims resource or modthesims or any blogs you find when you Google what your looking for.
    Its quite simple and easy to do and of course be careful when online and check the comments before you download something.

These is some great stuff out there and mods to.
    And they have regular updates.
    Check other blogs that have been linked to other blogs.

marcel21 wrote: »
    Well you know if you want more Xmas decorations, light ect ect
    Just Google Christmas decoration or lights cc for the sims 4.
    Visit the sims resource or modthesims or any blogs you find when you Google what your looking for.
    Its quite simple and easy to do and of course be careful when online and check the comments before you download something.

These is some great stuff out there and mods to.
    And they have regular updates.
    Check other blogs that have been linked to other blogs.

I don't use cc in my game.
  • aprilroseaprilrose Posts: 1,832 Member
    Gift giving, hot chocolate, more xmas tree swatches
    Simming for 19 years!
    Family Tree
    Playing Mod & CC Free

• aero2491aero2491 Posts: 55 Member
    I mean an update sounds fine. I just really feel like they should add some type of Christmas holiday event or something.
  • whyaccesswhyaccess Posts: 182 Member
    I would like to have garland going down the stair railing, and mistletoe.
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    If we get anything, it should be given to us now so we can play Sims Christmas up to our Christmas, not after Christmas. What would be the point then?
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,907 Member
    Santa hats and costumes, long curly white beards, gingerbread walls,floors and roofs, Santa arriving and Christmas cookies.
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited December 2017
    The Diwali Stuff was for the Holidays was my understanding as it is listed under the Holiday stuff, so I don't think we will get other stuff . We got it early because it was when they Celebrate their holiday in India and the festival of Lights. Honestly I think that was it for 2017.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Armilus616Armilus616 Posts: 683 Member
    All we know about 2018 is Laundry. (I wanted of the grid)
  • Simfan923Simfan923 Posts: 5,551 Member
    I mean I hope we still get something. The Diwali stuff was actually rather interesting and my understanding was that they would include more holidays in the future from around the world and not just American/Western traditions.
    1FKDfKj.png
    edited December 2017
    aprilrose wrote: »
    Gift giving, hot chocolate, more xmas tree swatches

Agree.
    I want my sims to go to the Christmas tree, and taking a gift, and opening it, and seeing how they react to the gift they received.
    Negative reaction.
    Positive reaction

And the option to give a gift from sim to sim.

Hot chocolate would be nice. I remember getting it in seasons :)

Christmas themed candy, and chocolates, and the new year fireworks, and bottle of bubbly to give a toast to the new year.

Leave cookies, and milk for Santa.
    Santa visit, but better than the sims 2 version.
    And a larger selection of those outdoor lights shaped like a giant christmas tree, and a raindeer, that came with the sims 2 stuff pack, that was in white.

They looked great on a community lot or home lot.

• iBrowiBrow Posts: 42 Member
    > @Writin_Reg said:
    > The Diwali Stuff was for the Holidays was my understanding as it is listed under the Holiday stuff, so I don't think we will get other stuff . We got it early because it was when they Celebrate their holiday in India and the festival of Lights. Honestly I think that was it for 2017.

Not necessarily bc one of the gurus said "not this week" so they implied that there's something coming in a patch, it just wasn't this week. We have time.
    aero2491 wrote: »
    I mean an update sounds fine. I just really feel like they should add some type of Christmas holiday event or something.

Christmas and new year holiday events ;)

whyaccess wrote: »
    I would like to have garland going down the stair railing, and mistletoe.

Yes agree.

edited December 2017
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    If we get anything, it should be given to us now so we can play Sims Christmas up to our Christmas, not after Christmas. What would be the point then?

But they normally give the Christmas update before Christmas don't they?
    Then again they did give vamps not for fall but the end of winter last year.

• Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    iBrow wrote: »
    > @Writin_Reg said:
    > The Diwali Stuff was for the Holidays was my understanding as it is listed under the Holiday stuff, so I don't think we will get other stuff . We got it early because it was when they Celebrate their holiday in India and the festival of Lights. Honestly I think that was it for 2017.

Not necessarily bc one of the gurus said "not this week" so they implied that there's something coming in a patch, it just wasn't this week. We have time.

https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/store/mac-pc-download-addon-holiday-celebration-pack

Look at the pictures at the bottom - it shows all the Diwali content as the new addition to the stuff pack for this year. So you are saying they are going to have yet another addition to the Holiday pack this year too?

Interesting.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• whyaccesswhyaccess Posts: 182 Member
    5 or more sims singing Christmas songs to gather, maybe a Christmas carolers Club or something. They need to bring the bands into sims4 like they had in sims3, they could play Christmas songs, and other genres.