March 29th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 4 Console controls

Comments

• PaigeNoelPaigeNoel Posts: 1 New Member
    Since I've downloaded Get to Work on my ps4 the build/buy mode glitches seem to have gotten MUCH worse. I can't rotate objects half the time and I closed my game out. Didn't help. Also half the time undo button changes tile movement instead of undoing (no I'm not holding an object or trying to paint anything) The ∆ button just flashes the eyedropper but doesn't actually copy it so I have to actually flip around to the eyedropper or click the button a million times til it decides to work. And a new one since downloading expansion is the function of triangle and square will randomly change to something like " paste multiple" and "change variant" (and I've even pulled up the controls map and it actually changes the wording of the button function)
  • PrmlPrml Posts: 7 New Member
    Not sure if I’m posting in the right place, but on pc you can place a computer left, middle and right on a desk? Is there anyway you can do this on console?
  • animevampanimevamp Posts: 136 Member
    Computers can only go in the middle of a desk. Put it on a dining table if you want it on the right or left.
  • annieh79annieh79 Posts: 13 New Member
    hi whern ever i down load skins.hair tha i want they end up in the male section in creat a sim and i have to test the skins and nair to see which ones will stay in the right place in the game i can't use colunm 4 i use colunm 3 in the game do any one have this problem if you do how to correct it keep me posted
  • CatholicSimmerCatholicSimmer Posts: 3 New Member
    Ok so for the xbox, I’m trying to change my object’s size by pressing the 2 triggers and left/right. First off, (sorry I’m pretty clueless when it comes to the xbox. I’m a lot better at pc) what do you mean by left/right? Secondly, every time I press the triggers, it shows me the controls. How do I avoid that?
  • CatholicSimmerCatholicSimmer Posts: 3 New Member
    Haha sorry never mind I figured it out
  • AluminimumAluminimum Posts: 1 New Member
    Is there a way in CAS to change the color of items when it's being worn?
  • floralneyfloralney Posts: 230 Member
    Aluminimum wrote: »

As far I know, there isn't. I really wish there was.
  • EdgarnelloEdgarnello Posts: 1 New Member
    Since the last update whenever i go into build mode and then go to my library the controls change and i am no longer able to undo/redo or delete whole rooms at once i have to delete things one at a time. For some reason it only happens if i go into the my library if i dont the controls dont change.
  • Radio_SilenceRadio_Silence Posts: 1 New Member
    How does one navigate to the buy button when buying books, you’d think you would just hit left on the d pad or control stick but it doesn’t highlight the but button
  • Brii2215Brii2215 Posts: 12 New Member
    Does anyone know how to sledgehammer more than one item on the PS4
  • Brii2215Brii2215 Posts: 12 New Member
    I have 5 different outfits for my kid sims. I change it before they go to school then when they are headed to school they change back to the first outfit anyone know why that happens or how to fix it or if it's even fixable.
  • Gamer12Gamer12 Posts: 126 Member
    EngBenhour wrote: »
    @EA_Mage

I'm having the same issues during buy / build mode. The eyedropper tool often does not work. I also can not cancel the selection of an object (in buy / build mode); To choose another object and deselect the previous one, I have to click the B button many times (it even hurts the finger)

I'm having this exact same problem. Hope there's a patch or a way to fix it now...

I have this problem too, and it has been months so probably won't be fixed. I just deal with it. Lol
  • Kaekae33Kaekae33 Posts: 1 New Member
    How do you lock onto sim while they are jogging on the Xbox?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 Member
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • ericadownerxoericadownerxo Posts: 10 New Member
    Hi, I was told to post here by an EA advisor, he made notes on his end but said to post here for the sims team as well. I've been a long supporter of sims since 2000. I recently have bought more expansion packs for sims 4 PC but my computer/2 different laptops cannot handle it and crashes which is fine, I know I need higher SPECS. I purchased sims 4 for console (4 months ago), which let me say is frankly unplayable. It takes 5 minutes to do what would take 30 seconds on PC. the controls are impossible and super frustrating. I feel like if you implement keyboard and mouse for your game on PS4 everyone would benefit. As a long time sims player for the last 18 years, using the ps4 controls are impossible, and makes the game unplayable. PS4 already supports mouse and keyboard as I have used it on the console, but when opening sims 4 it doesn't work anymore. Please add keyboard and mouse support, If you do I can certainly say I'll be buying the expansions on PS4 because I've been dying to play them! Since my computer can't handle it anymore its so annoying not being able to play, and on ps4 the controls are so bad I don't even want to play. Please fix this and add mouse and keyboard for ps4!
    > @SuperSimCreater said:
    > @EA_Mage
    >
    > Hi Mage,
    >
    > Can you guys seriously consider adding mouse and keyboard support for consoles? Let's face it, this is 100% a point and click game. Native mouse and keyboard seems common sense for a game like this,
    >
    > To be honest, I'm struggling playing on the PS4. It's not easy to click on a sim who's walking fast or jogging down the sidewalk to try and click on them to interact with them. There isn't even basic joystick sensitivity settings built in the Settings menu. Build mode is where a mouse and keyboard is key, trying to place objects in the exact spot you want them is really a pain with joysticks.
    >
    > I know it will take extra effort and programming time, but please add native mouse and keyboard support.
    >
    > Thanks

COMPLETELY AGREE!!! The game is unplayable in my opinion. its so frustrating!
    > @jackjack_k said:
    > @Destati wrote: »
    >
    > Today I bought Sims 4 for the PS4 and I was IMMEDIATELY dissatisfied with the game. I understand that the controls and cursor are not going to be as easy to use, but the menus are completely unusable.
    >
    > Clicking on the eyes and eyebrows doesn't bring up any options for editing those features. I have tried absolutely EVERYWHERE on the screen and it brings up the same plum menu. This is absolutely unacceptable. No matter where I click, it gives me the options for Face, Hair, Hats, Accessories and Makeup, that's it. I can edit the body, the clothes, the hair, just not the eyebrows or eyes no matter where I click.
    >
    > I spoke with THREE support representatives and they essentially told me tough plum, to post it in the forums and hope for an answer! That there is a "sweet spot" I need to find on my own and I have to deal with it as is until the issue is resolved. Absolutely and completely ridiculous! How can you justify selling a game that is so obviously incomplete that you can't even click on the desired option and edit it?! That's the most basic of features. This game is an utter disappointment and EA Help is even worse than the game itself.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > I've been able to do it okay? Just click on the eyebrows and the menu comes up?

The game is totally unplayable and a huge 🐸🐸🐸🐸 off honestly, I spent $60 on a game that I can't even play. I've been playing sims for 18 years, and the controls on ps4 are totally horrible, and frustrating.
  • JPNekoJPNeko Posts: 296 Member
    You'll get used to the controls. I thought they were really hard in the beginning, but now they're fine and don't find them difficult at all. :)
    > @JPNeko said:
    > You'll get used to the controls. I thought they were really hard in the beginning, but now they're fine and don't find them difficult at all. :)

I've tried for 4 months, its beyond frustrating lol. Still takes me forever to build, do interactions in the game. Would be much better if they'd support mouse and keyboard. I've tried so hard to get use to the controls :(
  • Taylor_MTaylor_M Posts: 30 Member
    Has anyone else noticed whenever you type in the move objects cheat you then will get free rotation for the object you are placing
  • floralneyfloralney Posts: 230 Member
    Taylor_M wrote: »
    Has anyone else noticed whenever you type in the move objects cheat you then will get free rotation for the object you are placing

You don't need the cheat to freely rotate.
  • SuperSimAddictSuperSimAddict Posts: 13 New Member
    @llamaking88
    <Is there a way, on console, to foce to sims to be married to each other without playing as them?>
    Edit their household in CAS and underneath the walk style button there is another one which when clicked on, can be used to modify relationships between sims such as marriage, roommates or siblings!
  • RavenSpitRavenSpit Posts: 1,387 Member
    Aluminimum wrote: »

Click on another item so the sims will wear that (I always take the one next to the item I want to change), then click back on the item you want the sim to wear in another color, you should now be able to change the color before the sim wears it.
    So it's a little workaround but it's working.
    Gallery ID: ra7orrat

• BachPatuBachPatu Posts: 21 Member
    > @Aluminimum said:
    > Is there a way in CAS to change the color of items when it's being worn?

You can do that in-game. Just hover the pointer over the sim & select CHANGE OUTFIT. When you do this, your sim will then twirl into a new outfit.

Now to change into a SPECIFIC outfit, that can only be done in CAS

Hope this helps :)