Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 4 Console controls

Comments

• UniversaeUniversae Posts: 9 New Member
    Hi everyone, im new xD
    Someone linked me here as it may help? But my query might not be for this thread so sry :p

Im wondering if there is a way (on PS4) to "Reset the game/Character"
    You see, I made a character I really like, and started playing unbeknown you age. So i'd like to restart everything from scratch but with my Character i spent ages making (setting age to long not normal)

I cant use my library saves as the only save of the character i got is skilled and aged up and now starts like that :/ (I deleted the original saves because i edited the sims face slightly later on and re-saved that.)

Thx ^^;
  • AkumadanAkumadan Posts: 19 New Member
    Yeh something i've noticed in build mode which is very frustrating at the moment is it works fine then i don't know what causes it but i move up on the stick to select a category and it keeps dashing up to the lot details at the top left so if i go down i cannot move up to choose a category.
  • floralneyfloralney Posts: 230 Member
    Universae wrote: »
    Hi everyone, im new xD
    Someone linked me here as it may help? But my query might not be for this thread so sry :p

Im wondering if there is a way (on PS4) to "Reset the game/Character"
    You see, I made a character I really like, and started playing unbeknown you age. So i'd like to restart everything from scratch but with my Character i spent ages making (setting age to long not normal)

I cant use my library saves as the only save of the character i got is skilled and aged up and now starts like that :/ (I deleted the original saves because i edited the sims face slightly later on and re-saved that.)

Thx ^^;

You could always turn on testingcheats then type cas.fulleditmode. After that, you hold circle and click x on the sim to get the option to fully edit them and age them down. Save the changes to your library and make a new game (if you want to be able to unlock trophies, otherwise you can just continue your current game).
  • JPNekoJPNeko Posts: 296 Member
    > @xJoshPointOh said:
    > [quote="JPNeko;c-16243625"]What I'd like to know is how to keep the needs tab open all the time. Normally, if you open it, you cannot click on your sims or do anything else until It's closed. It's a bit of a pain to keep opening it often, especially when there are many sims in the household. I've done it before but don'
    > t really know how I did it or if it was a glitch.[/quote]
    >
    > In the OP he said if you press right stick with the tab open it should lock it open.
    >

Thank you! That's what I was looking for. :)
  • RionAgriasRionAgrias Posts: 305 Member
    Though it works occasionally, using R3 is not a long-term solution when you're dealing with multiple Sims. It also increases the tendency of your cursor to get stuck in that lower right area (collections, needs, work, etc...).
  • xwxmeowxvvxxwxmeowxvvx Posts: 1 New Member
    Has anyone found a solution to build mode not working? After a while none of the back, sell, buttons working for PS4?
  • sooozeeebeeesooozeeebeee Posts: 665 Member
    floralney wrote: »
    @floralney maybe you could tell me exactly which object you raised in your own PS4 console, The Sims4 game, so that I can try and duplicate what you did?

Any object really. I mainly use it for curtains or paintings. Select the object then L2+R2+up or down.

Ok. So the L2 + R2 will only raise or lower any object that is normally placed on a wall when that objects height is normally adjustable. Sorry, just trying to clarify what you are trying to say. I get it now. I thought my game was bugged. Sadly, it's getting a bit glitchy already. My game has crashed several times, and the item description bubbles are staying popped up, occasional screen flashing, just to name a few. I'm disappointed and sad about it, but not surprised. Going to move family to the library and start a new save, limit one played family per save, limit game time to one hour playing sessions. If that doesn't work I will delete everything and reinstall. Back up your saves folks.
  • PerpetualGingerPerpetualGinger Posts: 1 New Member
    [quote="JPNeko;c-16180468"]> @EA_Mage said:
    > * Toggle full room and 1 wall when painting: Press R1 or L1 (PS4) - either one of the Bumpers (Xbox) when using painting tool. Also applies when placing floor tiles or windows.

Thanks a lot![/quote]

On my PS4 I seem to not be able switch between window placement types at all. Is there a fix for this?
  • marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    Im having issues with the cursor going out of control in build mode. I have an extremely difficult time selecting anything because the cursor likes to switch between the ui screens. Can this please be fixed? @EA_Mage and @SimGuruDrake

If playing on ps4 pro

I press the large square button to slow it down.
    It works fine for me then.
    Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• RichInSimoleonsRichInSimoleons Posts: 1 New Member
    If you want to move things up and down, on the Xbox One, hold down LT and RT and on the road go press up or down, depending if you want to go up or down
  • marybby010marybby010 Posts: 17 New Member
    I was wondering about the ability to move objects up and down again, for one game session I had figured it out on Xbox one holding RT & LT and the up arrow (similar to resizing) would move objects up but I tried again just now and it won't work
    marybby010 wrote: »
    I was wondering about the ability to move objects up and down again, for one game session I had figured it out on Xbox one holding RT & LT and the up arrow (similar to resizing) would move objects up but I tried again just now and it won't work

I think sometimes you have to turn on bb.moveobjects to raise and lower it.
  • jangkkujangkku Posts: 1 New Member
    Does anyone know if there is a ‘shift’ key equivalent for xbox? I’m trying to adjust only one side of roof’s overhang. Apparently on PC you can do that with the ‘shift’ key.
  • sooozeeebeeesooozeeebeee Posts: 665 Member
    Is it just my PS4 game? Pressing triangle and square to delete a whole stack does not work in Household Inventory. It does work in my Sims personal inventory.
  • BazyliBazyli Posts: 8 New Member
    Hi, I have problem with adding grass on my terrain (PS4 version). I simply can't move to menu which I can switch rounded to square shape in. Is there a bug in my version or should I use specific controls for it?
    Bazyli wrote: »
    Hi, I have problem with adding grass on my terrain (PS4 version). I simply can't move to menu which I can switch rounded to square shape in. Is there a bug in my version or should I use specific controls for it?

Use the arrows on the controller after selecting the paint design. :)
  • BazyliBazyli Posts: 8 New Member
    [quote="floralney;c-16280946"][quote="Bazyli;c-16280814"]Hi, I have problem with adding grass on my terrain (PS4 version). I simply can't move to menu which I can switch rounded to square shape in. Is there a bug in my version or should I use specific controls for it?[/quote]

Use the arrows on the controller after selecting the paint design. :) [/quote]

Oh jeez, so easy. Thanks a lot
  • SipopSipop Posts: 166 Member
    Is there a way to delete multiple saves? -xbox?
    [
  • LoveMcQueen5683LoveMcQueen5683 Posts: 3,689 Member
    Anyone know how to use the memory system? ??
    LR3g0ni.jpg
  • SuperSimCreaterSuperSimCreater Posts: 1 New Member
    @EA_Mage

Hi Mage,

Can you guys seriously consider adding mouse and keyboard support for consoles? Let's face it, this is 100% a point and click game. Native mouse and keyboard seems common sense for a game like this,

To be honest, I'm struggling playing on the PS4. It's not easy to click on a sim who's walking fast or jogging down the sidewalk to try and click on them to interact with them. There isn't even basic joystick sensitivity settings built in the Settings menu. Build mode is where a mouse and keyboard is key, trying to place objects in the exact spot you want them is really a pain with joysticks.

I know it will take extra effort and programming time, but please add native mouse and keyboard support.

Thanks
  • DestatiDestati Posts: 1 New Member
    Today I bought Sims 4 for the PS4 and I was IMMEDIATELY dissatisfied with the game. I understand that the controls and cursor are not going to be as easy to use, but the menus are completely unusable.

Clicking on the eyes and eyebrows doesn't bring up any options for editing those features. I have tried absolutely EVERYWHERE on the screen and it brings up the same 🐸🐸🐸🐸 menu. This is absolutely unacceptable. No matter where I click, it gives me the options for Face, Hair, Hats, Accessories and Makeup, that's it. I can edit the body, the clothes, the hair, just not the eyebrows or eyes no matter where I click.

I spoke with THREE support representatives and they essentially told me tough 🐸🐸🐸🐸, to post it in the forums and hope for an answer! That there is a "sweet spot" I need to find on my own and I have to deal with it as is until the issue is resolved. Absolutely and completely ridiculous! How can you justify selling a game that is so obviously incomplete that you can't even click on the desired option and edit it?! That's the most basic of features. This game is an utter disappointment and EA Help is even worse than the game itself.
  • jackjack_kjackjack_k Posts: 8,601 Member
    @Destati wrote: »
    Today I bought Sims 4 for the PS4 and I was IMMEDIATELY dissatisfied with the game. I understand that the controls and cursor are not going to be as easy to use, but the menus are completely unusable.

Clicking on the eyes and eyebrows doesn't bring up any options for editing those features. I have tried absolutely EVERYWHERE on the screen and it brings up the same plum menu. This is absolutely unacceptable. No matter where I click, it gives me the options for Face, Hair, Hats, Accessories and Makeup, that's it. I can edit the body, the clothes, the hair, just not the eyebrows or eyes no matter where I click.

I spoke with THREE support representatives and they essentially told me tough plum, to post it in the forums and hope for an answer! That there is a "sweet spot" I need to find on my own and I have to deal with it as is until the issue is resolved. Absolutely and completely ridiculous! How can you justify selling a game that is so obviously incomplete that you can't even click on the desired option and edit it?! That's the most basic of features. This game is an utter disappointment and EA Help is even worse than the game itself.

I've been able to do it okay? Just click on the eyebrows and the menu comes up?
  • JayR247JayR247 Posts: 26 Member
    > @LoveMcQueen5683 said:
    > Anyone know how to use the memory system? ??

They didn't bring the memory system over to the console version. SimGuruDuke says on Twitter that "It is not on console since we removed the in game UI for taking screenshots which is where this feature lived."
  • GymbaxterGymbaxter Posts: 1 New Member
    I was so excited to hear it coming to ps4. But I'm just holding fire until mouse and keyboard are supported as I know playing without it will just put me off the game. The way I see it is the longer they take to make that change the cheaper the game will be anyway so win win for me
  • Turtle_WorldTurtle_World Posts: 1 New Member
    How do I keep my needs menu up or in my restaurant how do I keep my resturan tab open?