Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

On sale? This is a joke...

LewanaM00nLewanaM00n Posts: 321 Member
Why are stuff packs never on sale? Right now base game is 75% off / at 12.49$ while some expansion packs are 60% off / at 15.99$
But they still expect us to pay 10$ for a stuff pack?
I'm really disappointed. I've been waiting to buy a couple stuff packs for a while but they always stay at full price.

Comments

• Options
    SimsLovinLycanSimsLovinLycan Posts: 1,910 Member
    edited November 2017
    On the bright side, thanks for the heads-up that the sale was on! Just finally snagged "Get Together" for $17 (you know, because sales tax)! Today's play session is going to be super fun now... :D

Stuff Packs usually don't go on sale because EA feels they're cheap enough, though. For me, however, that just makes me put the Stuff Packs at the bottom of my priority list. I'm like, "Well, better get the things that I can get for around $15-$20 and have way more content first, then worry about the $10 bonus content later." My momma taught me how to be smart with my money...and countless stories of consoles being jacked-up on launch day taught me never to pre-order or buy consoles at launch. B)
    There is a song I hear, a melody from the past...
    5MNZlGQ.gif
    When I woke for the first time, when I slept for the last.
  • Options
    SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    Don't they sometimes get bundled in with stuff packs or expansions?
  • Options
    Goth583Goth583 Posts: 1,203 Member
    They do have sales on SPs, but its very limited. They go for $4.99 when on sale. The last time this happened was during Halloween for Spooky Stuff. The SP sales are very sporadic unlike the base and expansion sales. Guess they feel like the markup isn't as high on the SPs so selling them at a discount isn't as appealing.
    https://originalsimmer.blogspot.com - Check out my current TS4 Legacy!
  • Options
    matthewrodneymatthewrodney Posts: 150 Member
    Honestly the game is overpriced for the number of things they release now and expect us to buy. When it was just a few expansions every few months, it was one thing. But now it's the base game, EPs, SPs, GPs. It's absurd.
    pax_link.jpg?w=680
  • Options
    gummybear0724gummybear0724 Posts: 1,146 Member
    Actually where I live, Base game is $10. Obviously this differs. So I have to pay just as much for luxury party as the whole Base game?
  • Options
    DominicLaurenceDominicLaurence Posts: 3,398 Member
    They are not very smart. People live for sales, a simple 30% off would have lots buying the heck out of the SPs and they'd profit oceans.
    ID: StGerris
    Legacy Photomode
  • Options
    MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    Here in Oz, stuff packs are always $14.99, which is about $5 more than they are worth. I've never seen them go on sale.

I'd probably get a couple of them at a time, if they were 30% off.
    AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
  • Options
    Lucid_blehLucid_bleh Posts: 107 Member
    Well this is how marketing works , the main goal in sales is to promote buying , so I hate to break it to you but sales make you want to buy more expansions and buying more expansions makes you see all the other expansions available , so in conclusion you end up scrolling down all the available content the stores have to offer to you and the best possible result for the company is you buying the pacs that are not on sale ; I don't know how much you know about marketing tricks but it's the same thing like ; when the stores display their contents that they have on sale at the entrance and goodie snacks near the cash register so that .
    Those who dream by day are cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.

747a4083471d8b76843c1c120cf5bd98.jpg
  • Options
    Lucid_blehLucid_bleh Posts: 107 Member
    And yes I just compared a convenience store to gaming store ... don't ask it's 6am here and I'm reading a marketing report while scrolling the forums
    Those who dream by day are cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.

747a4083471d8b76843c1c120cf5bd98.jpg
  • Options
    KuroiKuroi Posts: 137 Member
    You could buy the bundles when they are on sale. For example I just bought Bundle 3 for half the price. This way I got the included SPs for half the price as well. ;)
  • Options
    FirandeFirande Posts: 816 Member
    edited November 2017
    Kuroi wrote: »
    You could buy the bundles when they are on sale. For example I just bought Bundle 3 for half the price. This way I got the included SPs for half the price as well. ;)

I wish Origin sold the Game Pack bundles... I have all EPs but I'd love to buy one of those bundles with one GP and two SPs on sale sometime. :)
    Origin ID: Fierande | Simlit | Tumblr

fgQIHTb.png
  • Options
    icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    The last time all SPs went on sale was months ago when most of them were 20% off, with Fitness (being the latest) at 10%.

And yeah, for most of the SPs I own, I either bought them with a bundle or on sale. The only ones I paid full price for are Backyard and Kids Room. The stuff packs are nice, but they're not exactly things I need to have this instant.
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • Options
    VraieVraie Posts: 196 Member
    I am wondering why the sale didn't show up on Origin but did when I loaded the game. I was waiting till the next sale to get GTW because although I know it has some issues, I have become more and more curious about it. Now I have a vampire on the detective path investigating crimes that coincidentally happen at Vlad's manor and where the witnesses are almost entirely ghosts. I kid you not. I am in some weird episode of some US Sci Fi Drama series O.o.

Yay for the sale :D
  • Options
    LewanaM00nLewanaM00n Posts: 321 Member
    They are not very smart. People live for sales, a simple 30% off would have lots buying the heck out of the SPs and they'd profit oceans.

Yeah a lot of people buying it on sale is better than no people buying it at full price but they don't seem to think like that. :lol:
  • Options
    KuroiKuroi Posts: 137 Member
    I wish Origin sold the Game Pack bundles... I have all EPs but I'd love to buy one of those bundles with one GP and two SPs on sale sometime. :)
    In my country they do. But at the moment they have a discount of only 15 %. That's why I got mine from Amazon's Black Friday Week Sale for only half the price.

• Options
    DeservedCriticismDeservedCriticism Posts: 2,251 Member
    edited November 2017
    From a sales perspective, their goal is to basically get pricetags low enough to coax out a sale. For EPs, a sale is sometimes neccesary since their standard price is $40. For SPs, this is not the case. People will readily purchase them arguing "it's just $10," and that exact mindset is also probably why Sims 4 absolutely spams them: a lot of people buy them, few take a step back to realize "I just spent $120 on stuff packs."

EA is basically betting that eventually they'll have sold $40 EPs to everyone willing to pay that price, and then they slash the price in half to make a sale to those that are willing to buy with just a little extra temptation thrown in. This is smart because otherwise they were gonna make $0 from such customers, whereas with the sale they still make some profit.

With Stuff packs though, they don't think extra temptation is neccesary since most people argue "it's just $10." And that's how Stuff packs are deceivingly the most expensive part of this game and probably their main money-maker. I mean currently, the EPs together are $160 (but often go on sale for as low as $80), the GPs total up to $100, and the Stuff packs total up to $120. This is the main focus of Sims 4 and their main money maker.
    "Who are you, that do not know your history?"
  • Options
    Evilyn_1007Evilyn_1007 Posts: 762 Member
    The last time I saw a SP sale was at target when they had them all for $6.99, so it does happen just very rarely. With the exception of the Toddler pack which I bought with a birthday gift card I've gotten all my SP through a sale or a discounted bundle.

• Options
    paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    I have only two SPs currently because I know how tempting they can be and being a broke millennial that I am, to not get sucked into buying them all at full price. I only got Spooky from the October sale and paid Vintage Glamour full price.
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • Options
    AshkirAshkir Posts: 63 New Member
    There's a small chance that a new sale will be on Black Friday or Cyber Monday! I'm hoping! If they did the 75% off one again they did once, I would buy everything! & Gift some of them
  • Options
    ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    Yeah, I figured that the reasoning was that SPs are already priced quite low. They probably also have tighter margins between production and the sale price. There probably will be a few sales involving them coming up.

I've tended to buy them on sale or when I opted to pick up an SP over going to a movie or similar.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.