Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

why are stuff packs never on sale?

Not even the really old ones?

I know that technically they're already cheap, however when expansions and gamepacks go on regular 50% off sales, with me not owning the majority of the stuff packs, trying to catch up on them seems like a very poor value for my money. If they were 50% off, I would have just bought 4 up-front. However I'm not spending that money on 2 fully priced stuff packs when I can hunt other deals on black Friday.

If they're supposed to be the replacement for The Sims 3 store, then while most things did not go on sale, you could earn points by add watching and essentially get everything in the store for free. In the end, there's only maybe 2 worlds from the whole of The Sims 3 collection that never went on a massive sale.

Comments

• LiaRose1435LiaRose1435 Posts: 720 Member
    edited November 2017
    Deleted
    Post edited by LiaRose1435 on
    Am I too lost to be saved?
    Am I too lost?
  • PolluxSimsPolluxSims Posts: 318 Member
    I think Origin has put the stuff packs on sale for about $5 cheaper on occasion, but I agree it is odd and they should go on sale more too.
    Read my Sawyer Legacy Simlit on Wordpress
    - Origin ID: PolluxSims -
  • mirta000mirta000 Posts: 2,974 Member
    I think Origin has put the stuff packs on sale for about $5 cheaper on occasion, but I agree it is odd and they should go on sale more too.

The most I've seen them off was 10%. Which puts the price down from 7.99£ to about 7.20£ :I
  • NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member
    edited November 2017
    I have gotten stuff packs on sale. That is how a purchased a majority of the ones I own just last year they were like $4.99 USD each. Sales are sporadic, but they do happen.
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    Watch for site-wide % off sales. I got a stuff pack on Origin at 30% off that way.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • PolluxSimsPolluxSims Posts: 318 Member
    edited November 2017
    mirta000 wrote: »

The most I've seen them off was 10%. Which puts the price down from 7.99£ to about 7.20£ :I

My suggestion is to watch SimsVIP, that's how I usually find out what stores/sites/etc. are having sales. Especially with Black Friday/C.yber Monday coming up here in the US at the end of the week, I'm sure some sites will put them on sale.
    Read my Sawyer Legacy Simlit on Wordpress
    - Origin ID: PolluxSims -
    My suggestion is to watch SimsVIP, that's how I usually find out what stores/sites/etc. are having sales. Especially with Black Friday/C.yber Monday coming up here in the US at the end of the week, I'm sure some sites will put them on sale.

Hope so. Being in the UK I see a real lack of stuff pack sales. :/
  • CupidCupid Posts: 3,623 Member
    I recall origin doing a 50% off sale for stuffpacks at some point. It isn't very often, but it's happened before!
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)
  • mintycupcakemintycupcake Posts: 13,212 Member
    Spooky Stuff was half off for like all of October. All of the stuff packs were on sale in, I wanna say September? Although I think at that time it was only 30%, cuz I didn't buy Spooky stuff and I'm guessing that was because I couldn't justify spending $7 on it.
    🌻I'm not a cat.🌻
    edited November 2017
    Spooky Stuff was half off for like all of October. All of the stuff packs were on sale in, I wanna say September? Although I think at that time it was only 30%, cuz I didn't buy Spooky stuff and I'm guessing that was because I couldn't justify spending $7 on it.

I was here all of September and to me Origin did not show a sale. Was it world-wide? :I
  • EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,341 Member
    I recall origin doing a 50% off sale for stuffpacks at some point. It isn't very often, but it's happened before!

That was the Origin50 summer sale in 2016 (or 15?). It was part of an origin event and not limited to the sims franchise.
    So I guess our best bet for massively discounted SPs would be another origin-wide sale.
  • CupcakeWitchCupcakeWitch Posts: 542 Member
    Spooky Stuff was 50% off this year. If it wasn’t for that, I would have never bought it.
    But yeah, I’d like it if the old SPs went on sale at least. Maybe the assume because it’s the cheapest it doesn’t need a sale but $10 is still money
    tumblr_m5yfcmiKZM1r6uev5.gif

• ClassicalSimClassicalSim Posts: 1,535 Member
    The last I saw stuff packs 50% off was summer 2016. I remember because I bought the 2 I didn't have and I only had to pay $4.99 USD each. I keep an eye out for sales, but I haven't seen them half off in over a year.
  • DominicLaurenceDominicLaurence Posts: 3,398 Member
    The SPs went on sale this year, it was like 20~30% off, except for Fitness which was the new one so it was like 10% off. I remember 'cause I used it to buy Vintage Glamour and Fitness along with Parenthood.

I'm kinda expecting another sale of the kind to get Luxury Party and Cats & Dogs in a while.
    ID: StGerris
    Legacy Photomode
  • KJBKJB Posts: 173 Member
    I know right. I've gotten all my stuff packs through bundles. I'm waiting for a 50% sale on stuff packs to finally buy the fitness pack. I'm not buying a SP for $10 just like I won't buy an EP for more than $20.
    0G9Un6T.gif
  • AshkirAshkir Posts: 63 New Member
    If they match last year's Black Friday, I'd buy them all on the spot. Last year they did 75% off for most.
  • Kc71886Kc71886 Posts: 658 Member
    I would love to see a stuff pack sale. All the sims 4 games I have were purchased on sale. If EA doesn’t put them on sale hopefully someone will. I will wait patiently until that happens.
  • musicisairmusicisair Posts: 1 New Member
    > @Kc71886 said:
    > I would love to see a stuff pack sale. All the sims 4 games I have were purchased on sale. If EA doesn’t put them on sale hopefully someone will. I will wait patiently until that happens.

I couldn't agree more. I didn't buy my others on sale (just a few), but I'm sitting here watching packs I've already purchased go on sale... so annoying!
  • Francl27Francl27 Posts: 761 Member
    Very disappointed that there is no sale for Black Friday... Monday maybe? There's a bunch that I want to buy, but I'm not spending $10 on them.
  • gummybear0724gummybear0724 Posts: 1,146 Member
    Francl27 wrote: »
    Very disappointed that there is no sale for Black Friday... Monday maybe? There's a bunch that I want to buy, but I'm not spending $10 on them.

Hopefully
  • Cherryrose_xCherryrose_x Posts: 524 Member
    Currently 30% off the whole of origin with a code! UK anyway, but I assume they are all the same! Just got a stuff pack for £5.59! If there was a cart I would have brought more, but not doing multiple transactions.
    Gallery name: Anna-Banna
  • milktreatmilktreat Posts: 11 New Member
    Hm, I need to watch out for the stuff pack sales!
  • DeservedCriticismDeservedCriticism Posts: 2,251 Member
    edited December 2017
    Because Stuff Packs "deceive" the customer into giving out loads of money.

Cheaper products are easier to sell than expensive ones. By cheaper ones, people argue "it's just $10" and pay out since they see it as a small amount of cash anyways. Very few bother to sit down and realize they've currently spent as much on Stuff packs as they have on Expansions if they bought all packs: the Stuff packs total up to $160.

Expansion packs go on sale because there are customers unwilling to buy an EP for the asking price, and they only give in and buy it whilst it's on sale. View it this way: a new EP releases and on release day, 10,000 customers pay the asking price of $40 for $40,000 profit. After that, there's another 20,000 customers that will never cave in for the $40 asking price, but will cave in for $20. If they never put it on sale, their total profit is $40,000. If they DO put it on sale, they've actually doubled profit to $80,000 total. Basically, the sales come in waves where they try to catch certain customers and secure a sale only after testing if they'd give in earlier. This is done because a sale at any price is better than no sale at all.

But stuff packs....? "It's just $10." Those that refuse to buy a stuff pack for $10 probably wouldn't buy it for $2. I can attest to this: if tomorrow you told me Stuff packs were $1 each, I probably still wouldn't buy because I just don't care what they offer, I don't see them improving my game and I don't want to support the stuff pack model. Those that are considering buying a stuff pack are probably going to give in eventually, and they'll give in with the argument "it's just $10."

In short, with expansion packs the sales make sense to increase profit by catching more stubborn customers. With stuff packs, the stubborn customers don't really exist. You either buy them or you don't. As such, they make more profit by sticking to the price and waiting for the customers to hit a moment of weakness where they just REALLY wanna try that new stuff pack out. In doing so, they make sure every single stuff pack purchaser is giving them $160, and with that the stuff packs prove even more valuable to them than EPs. This is probably also why we see stuff pack spam and less EPs being made.
    "Who are you, that do not know your history?"
  • icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    Watch for site-wide % off sales. I got a stuff pack on Origin at 30% off that way.

Yeah, SPs rarely go on sale. I got Fitness for 30% off with the current site-wide coupon. I was waiting for it because I didn't think it was worth full price. :D

I think SPs were 50% off a year ago. And months ago, they were 20% off except Fitness which was only 10% because it was the latest at the time.
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?