Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Will my laptop be able to run sims 4?

2...Next

Comments

• phoebebebe13phoebebebe13 Posts: 19,400 Member
    edited November 2017
    DivieOwl wrote: »
    Yes but since your also running the sims 3 you may have issues with having a smaller hard drive putting too many games on that hard drive .

My sims 3 is only using up 31GB at the moment, I plan on getting sims 4 when or if seasons expansion pack gets released for it.

Is that your documents->sims 3 folder AND game installation? Cause just my documents -> sims 3 folder is 42GB, that doesnt count the installation of the game. 256gb is not going to be large enough. Maybe if you have nothing but windows and sims 3.does your laptop not having a larger secondary drive, like a D drive? Pheobebe is right, you need to leave at least 50gb free for things to operate.

My installation folder is showing as 31.GB is being used as shown from the screenshot bellow. In my documents it’s using up 5GB which in total only comes up to 36GB.

[img][/img]11tub0k.jpg

What is your available hard drive space on C drive? Not how much the game is using.
  • Christopher69BChristopher69B Posts: 159 Member
    Yes but since your also running the sims 3 you may have issues with having a smaller hard drive putting too many games on that hard drive .

My sims 3 is only using up 31GB at the moment, I plan on getting sims 4 when or if seasons expansion pack gets released for it.

Is that your documents->sims 3 folder AND game installation? Cause just my documents -> sims 3 folder is 42GB, that doesnt count the installation of the game. 256gb is not going to be large enough. Maybe if you have nothing but windows and sims 3.does your laptop not having a larger secondary drive, like a D drive? Pheobebe is right, you need to leave at least 50gb free for things to operate.

My installation folder is showing as 31.GB is being used as shown from the screenshot bellow. In my documents it’s using up 5GB which in total only comes up to 36GB.

[img][/img]11tub0k.jpg

What is your available hard drive space on C drive? Not how much the game is using.

51.7GB Free of 224GB but I play on removing a few things to free up some space.

[img][/img]11tub0k.jpg

51.7GB Free of 224GB but I play on removing a few things to free up some space.

You have to go by free space on your computer, not how much space the game is taking up.

When they tell you you have 256 gb it's not exact. You have 224 gb total and only 51 gb free space. This is why it is very hard to game on 250gb hard drive. It gets used up very quickly. If your let your hard drive go lower than 50 gb free your hard drive will also start to slow down as it gets used up.
    my sims 3 game has now recently been crashing alot more often not sure what could be causing it to crash, it has only started doing this yesterday. its been crashing at least 3 times a day not sure on how to fix this if anyone knows?
    my sims 3 game has now recently been crashing alot more often not sure what could be causing it to crash, it has only started doing this yesterday. its been crashing at least 3 times a day not sure on how to fix this if anyone knows?

If your still in that alpine world I suggest moving to a new world. It's probably the custom world your playing that is giving you issues as a few mentioned to you in the sims 3 section.

If your still in that alpine world I suggest moving to a new world. It's probably the custom world your playing that is giving you issues as a few mentioned to you in the sims 3 section.

it only started doing this yesterday its not really a big problem since my game save loads in under 10 mins in alpine county, ive also just had error 12 again but once I saved in edit town I didnt get the error and it saved my game.

it only started doing this yesterday its not really a big problem since my game save loads in under 10 mins in alpine county, ive also just had error 12 again but once I saved in edit town I didnt get the error and it saved my game.

We can only tell you the game can not handle running that Alpine world. i have already mentioned to you as your saves get larger, that world will keep giving you more and more trouble down the line. If you continue to play that world, expect crashing , error saves etc. Eventually you won't be able to run it at all

We can only tell you the game can not handle running that Alpine world. i have already mentioned to you as your saves get larger, that world will keep giving you more and more trouble down the line. If you continue to play that world, expect crashing , error saves etc. Eventually you won't be able to run it at all

can the game not handle any large custom worlds at all? I like playing in for the main reason that there is loads of community lots and quite a few empty lots and houses.
    edited November 2017

can the game not handle any large custom worlds at all? I like playing in for the main reason that there is loads of community lots and quite a few empty lots and houses.

I suggested you ask in Sims 3 gen discussions what good custom worlds there are to play where your computer might be able to handle a custom world.

people have told you not to play Alpine. These are people that have much better computers than you have and their computers can't handle Alpine. Alpine is too large for the sims 3 to handle.
    Christopher, I started a thread for you in sims 3 gen discussions and paged you there. Go post in that thread and tell the community what kind of world you want and they can give you suggestions
    Christopher, I started a thread for you in sims 3 gen discussions and paged you there. Go post in that thread and tell the community what kind of world you want and they can give you suggestions

Thank you I will have a look, also would story brook county be fine it doesn’t seem as big as alpine county I just found it on my sims realty.

Thank you I will have a look, also would story brook county be fine it doesn’t seem as big as alpine county I just found it on my sims realty.

Ask in the thread I started for you. They would know. I don't play custom worlds

Ask in the thread I started for you. They would know. I don't play custom worlds

I’m going try a few different custom worlds to see which ones will not give any save errors, I tried to save in alpine county earlier one but I was still getting error 12 even when trying in edit town.
  • NikkihNikkih Posts: 1,758 Member
    Hello, I know this thread is from a while ago. I bought msi laptop and just wondering if I could run the sims 4 and a few expansions my specs are.
    GV62 7RC Gaming laptop
    Processor : intel core kabylake i5 7300HQ+HM175 - 7th gen intel core i5
    8GB RAM DDR4
    Hard drive: 1TB & 128 GB SSD
    Graphics : Nvidia GeForce MX150 2GB
    Windows 10
    fingers crossed it can run
    edited May 2018
    Nikkih wrote: »
    Hello, I know this thread is from a while ago. I bought msi laptop and just wondering if I could run the sims 4 and a few expansions my specs are.
    GV62 7RC Gaming laptop
    Processor : intel core kabylake i5 7300HQ+HM175 - 7th gen intel core i5
    8GB RAM DDR4
    Hard drive: 1TB & 128 GB SSD
    Graphics : Nvidia GeForce MX150 2GB
    Windows 10
    fingers crossed it can run

You were already answered in another thread. please keep your questions to same thread. it's hard for Tech to help if you keep bumping different threads with same question. Thanks!

See thread for your answer http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/913249/can-i-run-the-sims-4-on-this-laptop/p3
  • EA_CianEA_Cian Posts: 1,359 EA Staff (retired)
    Welcome to the forums Nikkih! While I can understand wanting to make sure your new laptop will run The Sims 4, please try to post in more recently active discussion - this one hadn't been posted in since November. Thanks!
    ~my hair color is frequently changing, so my Sim reflects that~

Have questions about necroposting? Check out our Necroposting thread.

Bugs/Issues should be posted on Answers HQ, learn more over on Update on The Sims 4 Help Center.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top