Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Holiday Cabin | A Build & Create-A-Sim Contest | [CLOSED]

Comments

• Options
    creativemetaphorcreativemetaphor Posts: 1,543 Member
    @Odonata68 Oh how lovely!! I love the wall treatment you used in the dining area
  • Options
    Odonata68Odonata68 Posts: 1,076 Member
    edited January 2018
    @creativemetaphor thank you so much. :) I absolutely love playing around and trying the different patterns and textures.

I'm hoping to find a solution to my non-uploaded sim problem. If anyone has any suggestions, it would be much appreciated. Maybe if I give it a day, he'll show up. :D

Edit to say I've been reading threads about sims not uploading to the studio or exchange. I've tried different suggestions, took out my mods folder, cleared in game caches as well as using CCleaner to clear out browser stuff. Re-uploaded him with cleaned out inventory and he's still not in my studio. :/
    Post edited by Odonata68 on
  • Options
    soocoolsimsoocoolsim Posts: 6,262 Member
    aricarai wrote: »
    So, who's still working on their cabins and sims?

I was thinking the same thing @creativemetaphor! Less than a month to go, but still PLENTY of time! <3

Yikes how did time go by so quickly. Well I did work on my cabin before Christmas and of course went way over budget even though its simply furnished. I've been super busy so haven't had time to do much else with it. Hoping to find some time this upcoming week to depreciate and wrap up before the deadline. Everyone's entries look amazing. I too will need to set up a special hood for these wonderful builds :smiley:
  • Options
    romagi1romagi1 Posts: 6,988 Member
    @Odonata68, I've got Rustic View Retreat rec'd and downloaded! Going to start my game up later so I can check it out! Agree with @creativemetaphor, the walls in the dining area caught my eye right off! And a 30 x 30 lot! O my, I couldn't have kept mine under budget on a 30 x 30! Kudos to you for managing that! :)
  • Options
    @romagi1 :blush: Thank you! I probably should have built on a smaller lot. Maybe I could have kept some of the decor that I had to get rid of. :D
  • Options
    suzsessuzses Posts: 2,433 Member
    @Odonata68 Sweet cabin. I love your loft and all the different patterns/colors in the bunkbed room, and of course, that wallpaper.

As soon as I fire up my game, I'm going to add it to my "cabin town." I pulled up an empty Moonlight Falls and decided it would work out just fine for that and have been obsessed with filling it up ever since. My own sims are living in a cheap little log cabin starter I made them instead of any of these nice cabins - poor things. :p
    Ackney-upon-Sherne Collab on the forum here
    My Sims 3 Studio
    My forum builds thread
  • Options
    @suzses Thank you for your comment. :) I was kind of going for a mismatched, second-hand kind of look. My grandparents cabin was like that. The stuff they no longer used in their main home was taken to the cabin.
  • Options
    @Odonata68 When I've had problems with uploading, it seems to have been a problem with picture quantity/sizes, just for whatever that's worth.
    My Sims 3 Studio
    My forum builds thread
  • Options
    Odonata68 wrote: »
    @suzses Thank you for your comment. :) I was kind of going for a mismatched, second-hand kind of look. My grandparents cabin was like that. The stuff they no longer used in their main home was taken to the cabin.

That's what I thought, and I really liked how it turned out.
    My Sims 3 Studio
    My forum builds thread
  • Options
    @suzses I'm not sure what's wrong with my sim upload. I didn't have any problem with the lot and received no error notice on the sim. Actually, it said it was "successful". :/
  • Options
    @Odonata68 the only thing I can think of othef people saying is try renaming and upload again? I guess same-named things have problems.
  • Options
    aricaraiaricarai Posts: 8,984 Member
    @Odonata68 - Thank you so much for your entry m'dear! I hope that you had fun! I'll get the front updated today!

@soocoolsim - Time flies m'dear, but still lots of time :mrgreen: I can't wait to see what you do!

As @creativemetaphor said, renaming and reuploading may help; I'm unsure if you can upload the same file to the Exchange once you've tried and it's been successful. The launcher can be so darn finicky sometimes!
  • Options
    edited February 2018
    Thank you @creativemetaphor and @aricarai for the tips. I'll try renaming and see how it goes. :)

***Update! Yay!!! Kristopher finally uploaded to my studio! I just gave him a long title instead of just his name and it worked! :D Thank you for the help!!

Name/Link to Your Page: https://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/Odonata68
    Sim's Name: Kristopher Echols
    Link to Sim (Can be uploaded as a household): Kristopher Echols
    Sim's Traits: Good sense of humor, loves the outdoors, family oriented, handy, clumsy (I try to pick at least one negative trait, nobody's perfect :p )
    Biography/Backstory: Kristopher grew up as an only child, this is probably why he wants a big family. Growing up he spent his summers at his Grandparents cabin, where his Grandfather taught him to fish and appreciate the outdoors and his Grandmother taught him how to cook. Now he's looking for a cabin of his own, and hopefully someone to make new memories with.
    Pictures (4 maximum in this thread):
    screenshot_original.jpg
    screenshot_original.jpg
    screenshot_original.jpg
    screenshot_original.jpg
    Slideshow/Separate Thread Link: N/A
    Additional Information: CC free in game and pics
  • Options
    @Odonata68 Great to hear! And what a handsome sim :)
  • Options
    All updated on the front page and REC-A-ROO'D! :mrgreen:<3
  • Options
    edited January 2018
    @Odonata68 Great to hear! And what a handsome sim :)
    aricarai wrote: »
    All updated on the front page and REC-A-ROO'D! :mrgreen:<3

Thank you very much. :blush:

Edit to say I just went through everyone's entrys, and wow! <3 Everyone did such an amazing job! :)
  • Options
    10 days left my little doves! <3
  • Options
    tick tock, tick tock!
  • Options
    KgaffKgaff Posts: 1,614 Member

Name/Link to Your Page: Kgaff
    https://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/Kgaff

Lot name: Lake View Cabin

Link to Your Lot: https://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=9186407

Final Price: 32,773

Description: The smell of wood smoke, pine and water is the best medicine for a stressed sim. This cozy cabin at 4 Beryl St, Hidden Springs has an open floor plan, a master bedroom, a bunk style guest room. Outdoors is a large deck, bon-fire ring, horseshoe pit and panoramic views of the lake and the mountains.

Slideshow/Separate Thread Link: https://www.flickr.com/photos/154029363@N06/albums/72157690061031452

List of WANTS that you included in the home:
    Plenty of space for guests both inside and outside on the deck
    Open plan - kitchen, dining and living room
    Small plants (and flowers) all over the place
    A reading nook separate from the living area
    Book shelf with a wide variety of books - Bookworm
    A large deck, fire ring and horseshoe court - Loves the outdoors
    Baker's station - Natural cook
  • Options
    KgaffKgaff Posts: 1,614 Member
    edited February 2018
    I'm not sure if this is the right file, the one that has all the skills and work history. I get confused about the sim, the house and the household uploads. :#

Name/Link to Your Page: Kgaff
    https://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/Kgaff

Sim's Name: Jill Ainsworth

Link to Sim (Can be uploaded as a household): https://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=9186406

Sim's Traits:
    Loves the outdoors
    Bookworm
    Natural Cook
    Gather
    Eco Friendly
    Computer Whiz (from getting Science degree)

Biography/Backstory: Jill always knew she wanted to be a scientist. Even as a child spending summers at gram and gramps cabin she spent her days gathering leaves, bugs, rocks and whatever else she could find.
    After finishing up her studies with a degree in Science and Medicine, she jumped at the chance to do research. Little did she know how stressful being stuck in a windowless lab would be. Running tests, answering emails, taking phone call after phone call.
    She would often find herself staring at the pictures on her desk of the woods and waterfalls, longing to be in the fresh outdoors.
    Anytime she could she would escape to the small quiet town of Hidden Springs where the people were always willing to have some fun.
    She fell so in love with the town she decided she just must have a place of her own here and the sooner the better.

Slideshow/Separate Thread Link: https://www.flickr.com/photos/154029363@N06/albums/72157690060783892
    Additional Information:
  • Options
    @Kgaff Yay!! So glad you got them finished. :) Off to enjoy the pics
  • Options
    romagi1romagi1 Posts: 6,988 Member
    Woot! More entries!!!

@Kgaff, another ambitious simmer that picked the 30 x 30 lot! I honestly do not know how you managed to get under budget! Very pretty blues and light wood colors you used in yours, it gives it a serene feel, which is what your sim Jill would be looking for after the stresses of her job!

I love to see what traits and signs that everyone picks!

Got both of them rec'd and will be downloading them in a moment! :)
  • Options
    w00t! 30x30 represent! :mrgreen:
  • Options
    DocusatDocusat Posts: 2,305 Member
    Dang this was still open for entries. Ah well not to worry, I've still rec'd everyone and you all whupped my potential rntry
  • Options
    DocusatDocusat Posts: 2,305 Member
    *entry