Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Situational outfits need a lot of work

FelicityFelicity Posts: 4,979 Member
edited November 2017 in The Sims 4 Game Feedback
If there's no way to make sure that the situational outfits are actually good, then really, the situational outfits are at best distracting. Especially when you play rotationally and go to a nightclub and see another one of your sims in shorts, clashing knee socks, a sweater and a top hat. This feature truly does not work well at all. Please please please consider dropping it or making it optional.

Edit: Ugh, sorry, I should have known there was already a thread here in feedback devoted to this. Mods, I won't mind if you decide to delete this!

Comments

• fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    The more threads, the better. They need to know how badly they are ruining how some of us play this game.
  • xitneverendssxitneverendss Posts: 1,772 Member
    No, please don’t delete this thread mods! Like @fullspiral said, the more the better. This is so ridiculous. It needs to be changed.
  • catitude5catitude5 Posts: 2,537 Member
    I wish they would stop trying to be funny, which is what I think this is.
  • NikNakNikNak Posts: 302 Member
    edited November 2017
    The situational outfits need to be completely obliterated. Not changed.
  • WonderAisWonderAis Posts: 102 Member
    I had one of my strict, uptight parent sims show up to a night club in a hotdog suit and star sunglasses. It really interferes with immersion in gameplay.. And storytelling
  • fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    @SimGuruNeel popped in to the other thread regarding this issue and said he is working on a fix to make sims go back to wearing their designated party outfits at clubs again.

Thank Jebus!
  • FelicityFelicity Posts: 4,979 Member
    fullspiral wrote: »
    @SimGuruNeel popped in to the other thread regarding this issue and said he is working on a fix to make sims go back to wearing their designated party outfits at clubs again.

Thank Jebus!

Huh, I thought he said that he was going to fix the situational outfits having hats and sunglasses every time. Did he clarify later? *fingers crossed*
  • SimsLovinLycanSimsLovinLycan Posts: 1,910 Member
    Yeah, I don't like those random outfits either. I don't even have "City Living", so it's not festival run-off. I dress my sims how I want them to dress. If I want them to have alternate outfits (a second Everyday or Party outfit or whatever), then I hook them up myself. I do not appreciate these random outfits the game keeps slapping on them. They're, like, the ultimate out of character moment. Having them show up at the club in their party outfit, sure. But this random mess? That's even worse than when you see sims randomly strolling down the street in their formal wear for no good reason (which has been going on since launch and has not yet been remedied...).
    There is a song I hear, a melody from the past...
    5MNZlGQ.gif
    When I woke for the first time, when I slept for the last.
  • xitneverendssxitneverendss Posts: 1,772 Member
    Felicity wrote: »
    fullspiral wrote: »

Thank Jebus!

Huh, I thought he said that he was going to fix the situational outfits having hats and sunglasses every time. Did he clarify later? *fingers crossed*

Yeah, he did with a photo, at least I think so. It showed sims showing up in their normal party outfits, not random ones. So hopefully this is the case.
  • puderosasimspuderosasims Posts: 522 Member
    I like the cosplays at the Geek Con festivals, otherwise there shouldn't be any situational outfits. Seriously, they're beyond horrible, it's not even funny anymore.
    Origin ID: puderosasims | Simblr
    English isn't my first language, so please excuse any mistakes.
    tumblr_n8pqhqmpdh1th4xn0o1_400.gif
  • JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    edited November 2017
    catitude5 wrote: »
    I wish they would stop trying to be funny, which is what I think this is.
    This. In the most broadest sense thinkable afaic.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,995 Member
    Am likewise hoping for a total fix. Am not amused by the mess they made, especially regarding sims I have made. Depending on the motive behind it, it comes across as either very poor, sloppy work or bad attitude towards the players. Well, the serious ones. Maybe the noted sims in formal wear think they are living in an outpost of empire (such as pre war Singapore or Honolulu) where those who could afford it went formal every evening.
  • bythedreadwolfbythedreadwolf Posts: 832 Member
    edited November 2017
    I'm genuinely curious if this was an actual thing that was consciously implemented in a patch by the team? Because if it was, then they had to talk about this during a meeting. It's perplexing that they still think that it's ok to mess up with our games and force these things on us. When will they ever understand that most players want to have full control over their games? The fact that MC Command Center is probably the most downloaded mod for TS4 should be a slight indication of that. The constant forced features and limited gameplay (that leaves few options for players to play how they want) is starting to become ridiculous.
    Post edited by bythedreadwolf on
  • AstreonAstreon Posts: 1,291 Member
    Worst concept ever. They should just get rid of it completely. If, for whatever reason, that isn't possible, then they should just design something nice and coordinated for our sims when visiting festivals depending on their age and gender, and make this optional. And please, if situation outfits really just have to be included, make them only a thing for festivals. I don't see any other event where they should be used. Let us wear what we've chosen for ourselves.