Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Why was Fame aspiration removed?

FlyingPotato659FlyingPotato659 Posts: 1,473 Member
I have always wondered why the fame aspiration was removed from the game as they have advertised this on the early the Sims 2 trailers. Apparently the fire thing wasn't true as they had back up which confused the whole thing.....

It would be great to have that fame aspiration as I would use it often back in the Sims 2.

Comments

• Options
    SimsophoniqueSimsophonique Posts: 1,410 Member
    Indeed it's better than the Grilled Cheese Aspiration who I found myself very silly. :unamused:
    Follow and read Miss V Detective (ts3 story)
    on wordpress: thesimsophonique.wp.com / on dreamwidth: simsophonique.dreamwidth.org
    Follow me on tumblr (sims only)
    simsophonique.tumblr.com (please no triggers I am autistic asperger)
  • Options
    FlyingPotato659FlyingPotato659 Posts: 1,473 Member
    @Simsophonique yes! I have always wanna know what their wants and fears system is. I am sure marrying a rich sim is one of them!
  • Options
    SimsophoniqueSimsophonique Posts: 1,410 Member
    edited November 2017
    Finbar659 wrote: »
    @Simsophonique yes! I have always wanna know what their wants and fears system is. I am sure marrying a rich sim is one of them!

@Finbear659 : Indeed as the opportunistic LTW in Sims 3 when sims wants to see their rich spouse died omg :naughty: , or being a celebrity, having a ton of money. By the way I don't know if there is a celebrity system in sims 2. I only open this game for decorating houses currently so I didn't go deeper.
    Follow and read Miss V Detective (ts3 story)
    on wordpress: thesimsophonique.wp.com / on dreamwidth: simsophonique.dreamwidth.org
    Follow me on tumblr (sims only)
    simsophonique.tumblr.com (please no triggers I am autistic asperger)
  • Options
    JULES1111JULES1111 Posts: 4,489 Member
    Hmm.. Maybe there just wasn't enough to flesh it out, there is no celebrity system, most jobs I wouldn't think of making sims famous. Maybe athletic that I can think of off the top of my head. I am guessing there wasn't enough there so they dropped it, or maybe they just ran out of time to do everything they thought of doing so stuff that would have filled it out, just wasn't there. Maybe it didn't work right.. could be a thousand reasons for it really. :D
  • Options
    Scribal_GoddessScribal_Goddess Posts: 748 Member
    My guess has always been that they decided it shared too much with popularity and fortune, and that they later dealt with fame by adding the reputation meter.
    Patron Goddess of Newbs and Ninnyhammers.
    TS2 Graphics Fix Tutorial]
  • Options
    EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,937 Member
    For me, they have changed the Fame aspiration to the Popularity aspiration as for me, sims who want fame want to be known by lot of sims, have many sims and throw great parties, just like sims with Popularity aspiration.
  • Options
    M13VulpeculaM13Vulpecula Posts: 19,720 Member
    EgonVM wrote: »
    For me, they have changed the Fame aspiration to the Popularity aspiration as for me, sims who want fame want to be known by lot of sims, have many sims and throw great parties, just like sims with Popularity aspiration.

This. I believe that there are one or two places in cheat objects where Popularity is still referred to as Fame. Kinda like how the Fortune aspiration is named Wealth on consoles, and the console's Creativity aspiration had an PC counterpart which was scrapped in early development named Arts and Crafts. And then there's the hidden, incomplete Power aspiration @Scribal_Goddess described well: a Fortune-Popularity crossover. Some hidden Sims actually have it.
    Banner.png
  • Options
    Scribal_GoddessScribal_Goddess Posts: 748 Member
    EgonVM wrote: »

This. I believe that there are one or two places in cheat objects where Popularity is still referred to as Fame. Kinda like how the Fortune aspiration is named Wealth on consoles, and the console's Creativity aspiration had an PC counterpart which was scrapped in early development named Arts and Crafts. And then there's the hidden, incomplete Power aspiration @Scribal_Goddess described well: a Fortune-Popularity crossover. Some hidden Sims actually have it.

Ah, yes! I knew one of the crypto-aspirations was a fortune/pop. Strange how my fortune/pop sims tend to want to run a club, rather than take over the world, though. :)
    Patron Goddess of Newbs and Ninnyhammers.
    TS2 Graphics Fix Tutorial]
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited November 2017
    Isn't it the same as the hidden Power one, but I can't remember if you do cheat and get Power if it has a bug with something, not sure what it was (it has a particular bug about something like dying or pregnancy or something important) if your Sim has the Power hidden aspiration.

http://sims.wikia.com/wiki/Power_(aspiration)

ETA: I gave it to Mr. Big one time and really had no problems with it, other than I never let him die anyway. He was one of my fav Sims. Seems I remember (ten years ago) it had more wants than the Wiki is stating.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    whyaccesswhyaccess Posts: 182 Member
    I'm all for the Fame aspiration if the video blogger, musician, movie stars, fashion models, race car drivers, sport stars, artists, among other things could be included.
  • Options
    pisceschick75pisceschick75 Posts: 541 Member
    I honestly think Fame and Power should have been included as regular aspirations. I rarely use the Grilled Cheese aspiration. I only use it if I want my sim to be a gluttonous slob. LOL!
    Is there a support group for Simming Addiction? I think I need it... :p