Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How long can you go without playing Sims...

CharlottesmomCharlottesmom Posts: 7,015 Member
before you start missing it?

I'm a newbie and have only been playing Sims (Sims 3) for 3 years but have not gone more than a week without playing, even when I took a break from the board I still played. I did take a Sims 3 break for 2 months and played 4, it was amusing for short bursts. I think taking short breaks is necessary for me but more than a week would have me twitchy. :p

Comments

• Options
    Jessa_DakkarJessa_Dakkar Posts: 9,737 Member
    edited November 2017
    Over the last eight years plus of playing Sims 3, I have taken several breaks up to a few months in length from actual game playing. I still tend to at least lurk on the forums even then. Even when I am in the midst of a playing break, I still plan things to build, stories to tell, sims to create. If I find some interesting CC I will download it for when I pick the game back up. Sims 3 just sits patiently like an old friend waiting to hang out again and catch up.

Post edited by Jessa_Dakkar on
  • Options
    bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member
    I don't like going without playing everyday. I had that forced break when my puter screen broke and had to be replaced a few months ago and was totally missing it then. I still hung out on the forums, but, played Witcher 3 to get my gaming fix in.
  • Options
    KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,923 Member
    Lately I've been playing every day. Over the years I've occasionally had breaks of weeks or months. It all depends on what other things I have on. I rarely play other games. I do have a few freebies on Origin and Sims 4 base game and Sim City.
  • Options
    ParyPary Posts: 6,871 Member
    edited November 2017
    Lately, I sometimes go without playing for weeks or sometimes months if I am involved in another game. Then, I'll get the urge to play again, and I will play sims obsessively for weeks.
    I'm a bit of a binge game player. I fully absorb myself in whatever I am currently playing to the exception of all other games, until I am bored with it for a while, and then I return to something else.

Edit - I started playing Sims with TS2, and in the beginning played nothing else for a very long time - it had me captivated.
    Sims 3 Household Exchange - Share your households!
    PoppySims Archive
    InnaLisa Pose Archive
    Devolution of Sims - a once customisable open world sandbox which has become a DLC Party catalog in a shoebox
    I ♡ Pudding
  • Options
    blazerntqblazerntq Posts: 2,409 Member
    When a dear group of my friends stopped playing the game I think that I myself stopped playing for a whole year afterwards. I also take breaks on and off to play other games. Like right now I have so many different games that I am playing that I am trying to finish.
  • Options
    OriginalMaraOriginalMara Posts: 1,669 Member
    Hmm... quite a while actually!

I try to play a little bit each night. With my lifespan set so long, it would take forever otherwise to get through things.

But I have gone a few days or more without playing and felt fine about it. :)
  • Options
    MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    I went without it got nearly 7 months when my pc died. It was a loooonng 7 months. My Husband (well he wasn’t at the time) used to let me play it at his house before we moved in together on his pc, I think I realised then he was a keeper lol

Now I don’t think I could go more than a few days. I start to get twitchy lol
  • Options
    nickibitswardnickibitsward Posts: 3,115 Member
    edited November 2017
    It's the about the only PC game I play, so I play for a little bit just about every day. But I can leave it alone over a weekend or while on holiday or when the PC is away. Otherwise I've been playing every day since day 1 (with the Sims 1).
  • Options
    SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,828 Member
    I play other games besides sims so I often take simming breaks that last for months.
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • Options
    CravenLestatCravenLestat Posts: 13,735 Member
    I tried to stop but am weak :( Even tried the patch where you duct tape the Seasons exp box to your arm to calm withdrawal's it didn't help.So play as often as possible to get my fix.
    I Play Sims 3 On A Potato

DfydFiZ.gif
  • Options
    TadOlsonTadOlson Posts: 11,380 Member
    I had to take a break of over a month fromTS3 once when my computer fan broke and was stuck playing TS2 on my old computer for that time which at least let me enjoy myself in that time.I have take other shorter breaks to clear my hard drive out or because I was too sick to play at the time.
    44620367775_0442f830c1_n.jpg
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    edited November 2017
    For about four years (2010-2014) the only breaks I took playing, was when on holiday (and even then my head would be filled with storylines and plans for when I'd get back; how do you mean addicted... :p ). After that I've played less frequently, but Sims (3) still is on my mind daily. Through this forum, playing, collecting pictures, writing my sim's stories. One could say Sims has been on my mind without any breaks since December 2009. Must add it's the only game I play. If I'd like and play other games it might have been different. Sims just is more for me than just a game. It's an outlet for an imagination that has been present as long as I can remember (as a kid and a teen I used to make up stories while drawing the characters, pages and pages filled with them; a precomputer kind of simming one could say :D ). I've always been a dreamer. Sims just gave me an amazing tool to express that imagination.

ETA:
    Over the last eight years plus of playing Sims 3, I have taken several breaks up to a few months in length from actual game playing. I still tend to at least lurk on the forums even then. Even when I am in the midst of a playing break, I still plan things to build, stories to tell, sims to create. If I find some interesting CC I will download it for when I pick the game back up. Sims 3 just sits patiently like an old friend waiting to hang out again and catch up.
    That's a lovely, endearing way to put it.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    lisasc360lisasc360 Posts: 19,282 Member
    I take breaks in between playing so that I can play World of Warcraft as that's my next favorite game to play. So when I'm not playing WoW, I'm playing TS3 or I'm just lurking on the forums when I get bored with both games for the moment. I can't really recall what's the longest break that I've had from playing TS3 though as I might just pop in to do few things and then pop out to play WoW... :)
  • Options
    Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,427 Member
    edited November 2017
    If I go too long without Sims 3 (like about an hour), I start getting twitchy...and start talking to myself or singing the Sims 3 theme song.

Screenshot-34.jpg
    Or I end up like Phil and start having conversations with myself where I end up answering questions I ask myself.

https://youtu.be/Z1Q_XHw1ofk
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • Options
    alexandreaalexandrea Posts: 2,432 Member
    Well with the way TS4 has been going along with the way my life has been so hectic... I can go months without touching TS3 or TS4. The Sims is dead.
    p6tqefj
  • Options
    That1Guy352That1Guy352 Posts: 43 Member
    Sometimes I take long breaks but its only after I played sims 3 or 4 for a good while like almost every day. Idk why but I always switch between stopping playing sims 3 awhile and playing sims 4 or stopping playing sims 4 awhile and playing sims 3 but in between each one I take a break from sims completely. Like right now as of a few days ago I just finally got into playing sims 4 because of pets after not playing sims for a month or so... but literally before that I was sooo deep into sims 3! I had a whole story going on where I had zombies turned on and the whole family had to get into the house and lock the doots before the zombies came and me and my husband, which is me and my irl bf but as sims are working hard to move our family from a strange town and creepy house. we had roomates too. we had 3 kids...and then it became 4 after my husband got abducted by aliens....and we finally raised enough money to move to a beautiful new town I build them a beautiful big house and they even owned their own hotel! lol the story was getting so good but I stopped for awhile and moved onto sims 4 and started a new story. But yes I always switch in between playing sims 3 and 4 and take long breaks in between.
  • Options
    LyricSimsz15LyricSimsz15 Posts: 13,136 Member
    I can actually go a while without playing. I Remember back in December 2015, when i first got my tablet. After a while i downloaded Sims Freeplay and couldn't go a single day without playing! It was so addictive. The longest i had gone without playing was around 5 days, when i went to Missouri and didn't connect to their WiFi for a while.

Then i got Sims 4. And i went through the same thing. I Mean, a sims game with way more storyline, less laggy CAS, being able to build rooms that aren't just squares, and way better graphics? Heck yeah :D Though eventually i started playing less, while not stopping completely. Because of this C&D patch breaking mods, i haven't played since November 6th. But i'll play soon.
    pN7cZBV.gif
    Just vibing...
    Check out my stories The Diversity Club and Lost Pride here on the forums!
  • Options
    ElleysimsElleysims Posts: 133 Member
    I can take long breaks (like for months) if I find a new game to play. Like if a WoW expansion comes out, I'd play that with my husband until we are bored. But sims is always my go to game (Sims 4 or sim city) when I don't have anything else and when I start it up, I will play for long periods of time for a long time.
  • Options
    CharlottesmomCharlottesmom Posts: 7,015 Member
    Wondering how a topic about Sims got moved into off topic....EA logic.
  • Options
    TheQueenTheQueen Posts: 74 Member
    I don't play it during my semester because I'm too busy
  • Options
    BerrySimmerBerrySimmer Posts: 35 Member
    I'll play it for a week nonstop and then not play it for a month. Its a whole cycle.
  • Options
    RhiannaRhianna Posts: 63 Member
    @BerrySimmer Literally me! Sometimes mine can be a bit more extreme, like play it for a month and then not touch it for like 4 months
    cropped-cropped-a-rainbow-blossoms61.jpg
  • Options
    BerrySimmerBerrySimmer Posts: 35 Member
    @rhianna Same! I get bored with it, and then after enough time, I'm intrigued again
  • Options
    RhiannaRhianna Posts: 63 Member
    @BerrySimmer Exactly!
    cropped-cropped-a-rainbow-blossoms61.jpg
  • Options
    LilyGraceGamingLilyGraceGaming Posts: 63 Member
    2 seconds XD