Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Great Game, a few bugs.

Comments

• rekandtrsrekandtrs Posts: 1,017 Member
    edited January 2018
    Yeah I’ve been having the festival glitch to the point i don’t even go to them anymore. I honestly wish i could stop getting the notifications cause the festivals are a glitchy mess. I only take my sims to try a new food or two so we can learn how to cook it lol. The really annoying part is if you have a sim that lives near the festivals and you have to constantly look at all the glitchy ness. And time doesn’t speed up when their sleep when a festival is going on. :(
  • adamclark83adamclark83 Posts: 692 Member
    I've recently noticed a game issue (?) when it comes to babies appearing at home after they're born:

If Bassinet is bought BEFORE baby's arrival - The baby auto-appears in the bassinet, sleeping then soon it wakes up crying looking for food then needs it's diaper changed.

If Bassinet auto-appears WITH baby's arrival - The baby sleeps in the bassinet and only wakes up when it's interacted with then goes back to sleep. Eventually it wakes up but just lays there staring up at the ceiling. The baby is happy but then a message appears stating "The baby is hungry. You will need to feed it soon or else it will be taken away." Yet if it were hungry, it would be crying. Soon, it just lays there, happy right up till it ages up. No message appears stating this at all.

????
    2quwd7.gif

edited February 2018
    I’ve had the bug of getting the kids to school every day at 8am the game freezes , everyone is just standing there doing nothing, time goes back and forth between pause , play, 2x 3x. One minute it’ll be 8:00 8:45 9:30 then back too 8:56. It happens every sim day to the point i make one sim travel to avoid it all. FIX IT EA PLEASE. Sometimes if i save it, it’ll make sims reset and start doing what they’re supposed too. But it’s a hit or miss and VERY annoying. I know it’s not my console. I’ve cleared cache. Deleted non played sims.. all that and it still happens.
  • marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    rekandtrs wrote: »
    I’ve had the bug of getting the kids to school every day at 8am the game freezes , everyone is just standing there doing nothing, time goes back and forth between pause , play, 2x 3x. One minute it’ll be 8:00 8:45 9:30 then back too 8:56. It happens every sim day to the point i make one sim travel to avoid it all. FIX IT EA PLEASE. Sometimes if i save it, it’ll make sims reset and start doing what they’re supposed too. But it’s a hit or miss and VERY annoying. I know it’s not my console. I’ve cleared cache. Deleted non played sims.. all that and it still happens.

yes i have been getting that bug, reminds me of that bug in the sims 3 where sims would stand there not moving for an hour or move just when they are meant to go to work or school.

this as happened quite a few times in the last week.
    Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• rekandtrs wrote: »

I get this bug too especially if I'm playing a household with more than one child/teen.
    I’m glad I’m not the only one. I have 5 sim children, it’s a nightmare every morning. It started happening when the last child aged up.
  • NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member

That bug was on PC, it was recently patched around the time Cats and Dogs patch was done. If you do a bug report, they may find the solution and get it fixed in a future patch.

That bug was on PC, it was recently patched around the time Cats and Dogs patch was done. If you do a bug report, they may find the solution and get it fixed in a future patch.
    Seems like we got all the bugs pc has lol, but how do i file a bug report cause I’ll definitely do it. :smile:
  • plus1Diamondplus1Diamond Posts: 25 Member
    I don't want to go off-topic here, but since I can't create new topics yet I suppose I have to ask in an appropriate enough thread: I believe that I can purchase DLC for TS4 & just opt not to download it straight away, but is there any way that I could safely delete DLC content from the game after it's been installed? Or is the only way to go into the storage settings on the PS4, delete, & then deal with any potential save corruption or loss?

I'm just asking because I would like to purchase the City Living bundle while it's on sale, but at the same time I'm not ready to have extra DLC content just yet seeing as that would likely add more bugs to my game on top of the ones that are already there, & we're still well overdue for a patch.
  • lizisprocrastinatinglizisprocrastinating Posts: 125 Member
    edited February 2018
    I’m glad I’m not the only one. I have 5 sim children, it’s a nightmare every morning. It started happening when the last child aged up.
    I had 6 teens and 1 child at once one time, I thought it was never gonna unfreeze. I finally had enough and just aged them up into ya's and let the kid be the only one going to school. As glitchy as toddler interactions can be at least they don't go to school lol.
    I had 6 teens and 1 child at once one time, I thought it was never gonna unfreeze. I finally had enough and just aged them up into ya's and let the kid be the only one going to school. As glitchy as toddler interactions can be at least they don't go to school lol.
    I’m playing right now, one way i sped things up was getting all the kids ready for school, breakfast, home work done, dressed. so they wouldn’t be doing much of anything when school time came and it went a lot smoother. One time i had the sims just sitting there doing nothing until 12pm lol it was horrible.
    I’m playing right now, one way i sped things up was getting all the kids ready for school, breakfast, home work done, dressed. so they wouldn’t be doing much of anything when school time came and it went a lot smoother. One time i had the sims just sitting there doing nothing until 12pm lol it was horrible.
    Me too and it's not just the kids that freeze it's the whole house, they just stand around, the dad was making breakfast and just stood staring at the pan for hours.
    Me too and it's not just the kids that freeze it's the whole house, they just stand around, the dad was making breakfast and just stood staring at the pan for hours.
    Yep that’s exactly what happens in my game. But it’s all cause of the kids. If they don’t have school my game runs as smooth as butter on the weekends lol.
  • drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,115 Member
    I don't want to go off-topic here, but since I can't create new topics yet I suppose I have to ask in an appropriate enough thread: I believe that I can purchase DLC for TS4 & just opt not to download it straight away, but is there any way that I could safely delete DLC content from the game after it's been installed? Or is the only way to go into the storage settings on the PS4, delete, & then deal with any potential save corruption or loss?

I'm just asking because I would like to purchase the City Living bundle while it's on sale, but at the same time I'm not ready to have extra DLC content just yet seeing as that would likely add more bugs to my game on top of the ones that are already there, & we're still well overdue for a patch.

There is no simple way to uninstall individual DLC. I imagine if you manually uninstall any pack it will corrupt any saves you may have that contain content from the uninstalled packs.
    Yep that’s exactly what happens in my game. But it’s all cause of the kids. If they don’t have school my game runs as smooth as butter on the weekends lol.

Yep, everyone goes about their lives just fine on sat and sun, I hope a fix comes soon as I like playing with bigger families but this glitch makes it too stressful for me to enjoy the game.
    > @drake_mccarty said:
    > There is no simple way to uninstall individual DLC. I imagine if you manually uninstall any pack it will corrupt any saves you may have that contain content from the uninstalled packs.

Gotcha, thanks so much for the answer. I figured this would probably be the case but figured to ask on the slim chance that there may possibly be another way. Another incentive for asking is that I could really do without the addition of vampires, but the price-conscious side of me keeps saying that I could pay what is normally the regular price of one pack to get three packs right now rather than just two due to the sale.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,393 Member
    edited February 2018
    Deleted
    A patch has apparently just been released for console. I can see it on my PS4. How many of you guys have gotten it &/or see any improvements?
  • sooozeeebeeesooozeeebeee Posts: 665 Member

Wait, you can clear your Sims4 cache files on the PS4? Or is that an XBox thing?
    edited February 2018

Wait, you can clear your Sims4 cache files on the PS4? Or is that an XBox thing?
    Ps4 I’m not sure. Xbox you hit the power button and hold it for 10 seconds and it clears the cache.

• JPNekoJPNeko Posts: 296 Member
    I'd like to know how to do it on the PS4.
    The only way I know to delete the cache on PS4 so far is to turn it off & unplug it for a few minutes. It makes the PS4 delete its cache since there's no manual way to do it.
  • SipopSipop Posts: 166 Member
    Ive been having this bug lately where my sims have different relationships between them. So one says their friendship bar is full and than while playing the other sims its half. And im getting bugged that I cannot edit a relationship from a pre-existing sims.. Even with the Cas.fulleditmode on..
    It only bothers me because a sims family I created had adopted a son and now she's married it does'nt show up as his son only as "roommate".
    Ugh.
    [
  • drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,115 Member
    “Compose medium routine” interaction on the computer (under comedy) no longer works. Previously it did, but now it does nothing when I select it. No interaction is ever called. Other interactions “Refine comedy routine” and “write jokes” still work. The household has one Sim in the entertainment career track, not sure what level but she is on the comedy branch.
  • SipopSipop Posts: 166 Member
    edited February 2018
    Welp, just lost an hour and a half of gameplay because Sims just decided to crash. Sighs, guess it's my own fault for not saving,
    since crashing has been happening often now. :'(
    [