Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Great Game, a few bugs.

Comments

• MrStrangeMrStrange Posts: 66 Member
    > @Jinx23 said:
    > boykinater18 wrote: »
    >
    > Does anyone know how to keep your needs bar up while playing? Every time I check their carrier menu, it becomes a guessing game of which button will leave the needs bar up.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > For Xbox one you press down on the right analog stick while the needs menu is open

Thank you! I thought a bug was blocking it, or I was missing something (as the latter was the case).
  • crashhat141crashhat141 Posts: 90 Member
    i've had the game a couple days and theres so many problems. sims canceling tasks on their own, game speed not speeding up properly, the disable autonomy for selected sim option not working, lag. its like they never tested the dang game
  • fazemanfazeman Posts: 309 Member
    I have been having some game issues for a while now.after the new patch update, I'm able to play the game for maybe an hour an half until it goes all weird. When i try to save a game, it ignores that function and acts like its still in live mode and cancels some tasks too and i'm not able to do anything until i reboot the game

another issue is when the game goes weird - i have trouble selecting families from the towns, i see the different families and community lots highlighted but when i want to play my family i made, it doesn't highlight, it like takes me almost 20 tries to get to my family i want to play.

it gets very frustration and i reboot the game and it fixes the issues but the issues still happens. Has anybody else experienced this?
    I'm starting to like the game as it is, but they have a lot to fix. I just hope they dont completely abandon the sims 4 console like they did the sims 3.
  • Simsfan99111Simsfan99111 Posts: 1,260 Member
    I’m having a heck of a time with the speed controls. Anyone else having this issue? When sims go to sleep the speed controls start bugging out. I’m on xbox one.

Yes
    PS4 speed 3 isn't that fast.

Lags alot too when time is sped up to 3.
  • JPNekoJPNeko Posts: 296 Member
    > @fazeman said:
    > another issue is when the game goes weird - i have trouble selecting families from the towns, i see the different families and community lots highlighted but when i want to play my family i made, it doesn't highlight, it like takes me almost 20 tries to get to my family i want to play.

That used to happen to me all the time before the update. Now it's been working fine for me. I've found other minor bugs though.
    The problems I've had since I installed this game have been the following. Sims canceling stuff you told them to do, lag going into and leaving build mode, and also sometimes in the middle of playing, sims sitting or standing for long periods of time before doing the task they were given, and taking way too much time to finish a single task, and the speed up time not working properly. The longer I play, the more and more problems that occur. The speed up problem, and the standing around before doing a task problem just recently started happening. I'm pretty sure they both started happening around the same time too.
    The problems I've had since I installed this game have been the following. Sims canceling stuff you told them to do, lag going into and leaving build mode, and also sometimes in the middle of playing, sims sitting or standing for long periods of time before doing the task they were given, and taking way too much time to finish a single task, and the speed up time not working properly. The longer I play, the more and more problems that occur. The speed up problem, and the standing around before doing a task problem just recently started happening. I'm pretty sure they both started happening around the same time too.

I've had all of the speed issue and standing around since launch, not a recent thing for me
  • rekandtrsrekandtrs Posts: 1,017 Member
    Traveling has been resetting my days. So if i go to a festival on a Monday night, and when i get to a community lot it’s Sunday night then when i travel back home it’s atill Sunday night... :neutral:
    rekandtrs wrote: »
    Traveling has been resetting my days. So if i go to a festival on a Monday night, and when i get to a community lot it’s Sunday night then when i travel back home it’s atill Sunday night... :neutral:

My days/hours seem to flip back and forth especially when you speed time up to speed 3
  • floralneyfloralney Posts: 230 Member
    > @Simsfan99111 said:
    > rekandtrs wrote: »
    >
    > Traveling has been resetting my days. So if i go to a festival on a Monday night, and when i get to a community lot it’s Sunday night then when i travel back home it’s atill Sunday night... :neutral:
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > My days/hours seem to flip back and forth especially when you speed time up to speed 3

I've had the same problems. The time can be very buggy.
    For me, speed 3 works as speed 2 most of the time. Sometimes, when my sims are sleeping, it doesn't speed up at all. It can be a long night waiting.
    JPNeko wrote: »
    For me, speed 3 works as speed 2 most of the time. Sometimes, when my sims are sleeping, it doesn't speed up at all. It can be a long night waiting.

If the sleeping issue happens change the speed back to 2 then go back up to 3 and it should go back super fast sleep speed (i dont know what its called so thats what i call it as its faster then speed 3).
    I have to do that quite often each time I play, it's pretty ridiculous. I can't believe EA themselves said they tried their best to iron out all the bugs before launching the game. Their best freaking sucks! lol
    Sucks* not plum. I love how I can't even edit my own posts. 50 posts just to become a real member is ridiculously high. Why do you need 50 posts to realize someones not a troll, it should never take that many posts
  • NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member
    plum* not plum. I love how I can't even edit my own posts. 50 posts just to become a real member is ridiculously high. Why do you need 50 posts to realize someones not a troll, it should never take that many posts

They censor what is viewed as bad language, so all will be turned to plum. It is quite easy to get to that number of posts if you are participating in general conversation posts.
    Yeah, I see that now, and I'm trying, but its taking way too long to get to that number
  • SipopSipop Posts: 166 Member
    Switching from UI to curser mode bugs out for me a lot.And then it'll randomly bug around between the right side inventory section when i'm in curser mode.
    kind of hard to explain but i'm hoping im not the only one having that problem.
    I also notice the laughing toddlers when they're away in daycare! (thought it was spooky.)
    and in CAS I can't click an clothing item (that Im wearing) to change the color. All it'll do is take that item off. I find it extremely annoying.
    [
    Whenever I go to the fridge and select "open", my inventory will automatically be stuck open after grabbing whatever out of my fridge. I'll tap on the needs to pull that up again, but the needs box will be invisible. I have to tap circle and tap the needs icon again to pull it up again. I dont even like doing "serve" option when cooking because of this problem. Just anther problem I've had since I've had the game
  • rekandtrsrekandtrs Posts: 1,017 Member
    Sipop wrote: »
    Switching from UI to curser mode bugs out for me a lot.And then it'll randomly bug around between the right side inventory section when i'm in curser mode.
    kind of hard to explain but i'm hoping im not the only one having that problem.
    I also notice the laughing toddlers when they're away in daycare! (thought it was spooky.)
    and in CAS I can't click an clothing item (that Im wearing) to change the color. All it'll do is take that item off. I find it extremely annoying.
    I have this problem ALOT. Especially with pants. If i wanna change the color of pants it takes them off and selects the underware then i have to back out and select a different pant.

> @Simsfan99111 said:
    > JPNeko wrote: »
    >
    > For me, speed 3 works as speed 2 most of the time. Sometimes, when my sims are sleeping, it doesn't speed up at all. It can be a long night waiting.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > If the sleeping issue happens change the speed back to 2 then go back up to 3 and it should go back super fast sleep speed (i dont know what its called so thats what i call it as its faster then speed 3).

I have tried that and still didn't work.
    I have the same problem when my sims are sleeping, sometimes the ultra speed works, sometimes it doesnt. I really started having speed problems once I asked my "girlfriend" to move in with me, anyone else? I swear they didn't test this game before launching it
  • NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member
    I have the same problem when my sims are sleeping, sometimes the ultra speed works, sometimes it doesnt. I really started having speed problems once I asked my "girlfriend" to move in with me, anyone else? I swear they didn't test this game before launching it

The ultra speed not working properly has been a problem on the PC for years. The last supposed fix still did not fix it. Not surprised it also is not working correctly on console.
    I feel sorry for anyone that has the pc version if you've dealt with problems for years. Doesn't get me to excited about EA fixing the console problems
  • WrathGirl666WrathGirl666 Posts: 71 Member
    Ever since i bought and installed the last two packs (cool kitchen and luxury party), I've had nothing but time issues. For example: Kids go to school a hour later than the usual time.