Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Great Game, a few bugs.

Comments

• catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,393 Member
    edited November 2017
    I thought on console the game wouldn't crash. I guess I was wrong. I was hoping it would be more stable on console then it is on pc.Next time my game crashes I'm going to write down the error number and report it to SimGuruNick.
  • Simsfan99111Simsfan99111 Posts: 1,260 Member
    I thought on console the game wouldn't crash. I guess I was wrong. I was hoping it would be more stable on console then it is on pc.Next time my game crashes I'm going to write down the error number and report it to SimGuruNick.

I wish id done this too and will next time
    There seems to be alot of lag while your trying to place windows too.
  • rekandtrsrekandtrs Posts: 1,017 Member
    SimTrippy wrote: »
    rekandtrs wrote: »
    So I’ve been playing the sims 4 console for 2 days now. The first day i got so upset with the controls that i quit the game and went to sleep. (honestly i was very tired that day and did not have the patience) but TODAY was a new day. I was able to get a hang of the controls and i played it until 3am. It was a great time. Some bugs i have noticed though.

1.Curser moves a little to fast sometimes. Maybe add a sensitivity scale like other console games?
    2. Sim children react to the monster under the bed every single night....
    3. Toddlers constantly have night mares.
    4. Switching from Ui to curser mode is glitchy at times with curser disappearing.
    5. Some people have had issues with saving their game.
    6. Ui and pop ups have tiny font that is hard to see at times especially since us users are not as close to the tv as we are our PCs.
    7. When toddlers are sent off to day care you can still hear them giggling on the lot....
    8. Lot traits appear continueously 3 times when you come on the lot or leave the lot and come back.
    9. Some icons get stuck when switching back and forth from Ui to curser.

And that’s all I’ve seen so far. Thank you Sims team for giving us an exact port of the Pc game. I feel like I’m actually getting the full experience. And can not wait for dlc. My pic broke down the beginning of this year and i haven’t got to play sims 4 since. So glad that I’m able to play from the comfort of my couch. :smile:

2 and 3 aren't really bugs. To avoid the monster under the bed there should be a night lamp called defender light or something similar. Place next to the bed and it shouldn't come anymore. And depending on their traits, some toddlers have more nightmares than others. Once they reach thinking level 3 the nightmares should stop completely :)

It seems a bit excessive though. My sim child has nightmares every night even when sleeping in the moms bed... it’s odd that or at least she wakes up likes she’s had one every night.
    So I’ve been playing the sims 4 console for 2 days now. The first day i got so upset with the controls that i quit the game and went to sleep. (honestly i was very tired that day and did not have the patience) but TODAY was a new day. I was able to get a hang of the controls and i played it until 3am. It was a great time. Some bugs i have noticed though.

1.Curser moves a little to fast sometimes. Maybe add a sensitivity scale like other console games?
    4. Switching from Ui to curser mode is glitchy at times with curser disappearing.
    6. Ui and pop ups have tiny font that is hard to see at times especially since us users are not as close to the tv as we are our PCs.
    7. When toddlers are sent off to day care you can still hear them giggling on the lot....
    8. Lot traits appear continueously 3 times when you come on the lot or leave the lot and come back.

And that’s all I’ve seen so far. Thank you Sims team for giving us an exact port of the Pc game. I feel like I’m actually getting the full experience. And can not wait for dlc. My pic broke down the beginning of this year and i haven’t got to play sims 4 since. So glad that I’m able to play from the comfort of my couch. :smile:

2 and 3 aren't really bugs. To avoid the monster under the bed there should be a night lamp called defender light or something similar. Place next to the bed and it shouldn't come anymore. And depending on their traits, some toddlers have more nightmares than others. Once they reach thinking level 3 the nightmares should stop completely :)

It seems a bit excessive though. My sim child has nightmares every night even when sleeping in the moms bed... it’s odd that or at least she wakes up likes she’s had one every night.

Yea its the same on pc.
    Strange.. they need t

Yea its the same on pc.
    Strange, they need to fix that. It’s very excessive.

• LauraMSimLauraMSim Posts: 88 Member
    edited November 2017
    Things disapear, curser (the little ball trail animation thing) is glitchy. I cant press on certain things like the phone or in build mode when it gitches out. But other then that its pretty good. Then again i havent done a whole lot.
    Sims 4 console player, former PC player.
    Waiting for all packs to go on console.
  • GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    edited November 2017
    originally I was not going to get the console version, but I broke down and did. I got the whole pack with the EP bundle and it looks good even if you can't get other players creations. I am cool with that and will create my own. Now this console version for me is the best console version yet. Sometimes I just do not want to power up my computers and just want to play on the console. :) The only problem I have is the controller it is not as precise as mouse is and I may not get used to it even with time however other than that it still is an good port.
    Post edited by Goldmoldar on
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
    Goldmoldar wrote: »
    originally I was not going to get the console version, but I broke down and did. I got the whole pack with the EP bundle and it looks good even if you can't get other players creations. I am cool with that and will create my own. Now this console version for me is the best console version yet. Sometimes I just do not want to power up my computers and just want to play on the console. :)

I agree, it’s very relaxing lounging on the couch while I’m enjoying sims. Instead of sitting in a chair. :smile:
    Goldmoldar wrote: »
    originally I was not going to get the console version, but I broke down and did. I got the whole pack with the EP bundle and it looks good even if you can't get other players creations. I am cool with that and will create my own. Now this console version for me is the best console version yet. Sometimes I just do not want to power up my computers and just want to play on the console. :)

I agree, it’s very relaxing lounging on the couch while I’m enjoying sims. Instead of sitting in a chair. :smile:

In my case the bed.
  • TuxTux Posts: 17 Member
    For me i gotten used to some bugs like my sims sitting in the sofa then randomly going under the floor and swim and then glitch back on the sofa is weird but most infuriating has to be wen the cursor and toolbar for some reason merge making it impossible to play.
  • JPNekoJPNeko Posts: 296 Member
    At least we got autosave now, because with Sims 3 when something went wrong and you didn't save, everything was lost.
  • RennieRennie Posts: 22 New Member
    :D Lol, I haven't seen any of this yet; sounds really funny. When that happens, is there water under the house or are your sims transported to a pool somewhere?

> @Tux said:
    > For me i gotten used to some bugs like my sims sitting in the sofa then randomly going under the floor and swim and then glitch back on the sofa is weird but most infuriating has to be wen the cursor and toolbar for some reason merge making it impossible to play.
    New bug I’ve found is when my sim goes on a community lot gains skill. And then has to work they come back home and it’s at an earlier time of the day when work hasn’t started yet and all new skill levels are lost. Almost reminds me of the sims two when you would go to community lots and time changed there but when you got back home the time was the exact same time you left... :neutral:
  • fancynancypigsfancynancypigs Posts: 18 New Member
    I go by MarvelDCgirl on a different account in order to play the game, sorry if this is confusing, anyway, I have a huge bug to report as well on console. When I have my sim plan a wedding on the phone, after I choose a few options, the whole game crashes. It's done so three times, each time I sent a video clip of the event to what I assume is the people who make the patches. Anyone else unable to have weddings ? I'm hoping this isn't going to effect all parties,so far I only tried weddings....it's a great game, and overall it's better on console then on PC . I found the controls very easy. (I'm a console gamer) I just hope they fix these bugs.
    I go by MarvelDCgirl on a different account in order to play the game, sorry if this is confusing, anyway, I have a huge bug to report as well on console. When I have my sim plan a wedding on the phone, after I choose a few options, the whole game crashes. It's done so three times, each time I sent a video clip of the event to what I assume is the people who make the patches. Anyone else unable to have weddings ? I'm hoping this isn't going to effect all parties,so far I only tried weddings....it's a great game, and overall it's better on console then on PC . I found the controls very easy. (I'm a console gamer) I just hope they fix these bugs.

Did you let SimGuruNick know?
  • dabest2evadoit3dabest2evadoit3 Posts: 1 New Member
    #5 Is my biggest issue. I hope they fix this a.s.a.p. It's more than frustrating to play for a few hours, then realize your game won't save properly.
    > @catloverplayer said:
    > fancynancypigs wrote: »
    >
    > I go by MarvelDCgirl on a different account in order to play the game, sorry if this is confusing, anyway, I have a huge bug to report as well on console. When I have my sim plan a wedding on the phone, after I choose a few options, the whole game crashes. It's done so three times, each time I sent a video clip of the event to what I assume is the people who make the patches. Anyone else unable to have weddings ? I'm hoping this isn't going to effect all parties,so far I only tried weddings....it's a great game, and overall it's better on console then on PC . I found the controls very easy. (I'm a console gamer) I just hope they fix these bugs.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Did you let SimGuruNick know?

I don't know how to get in contact with him, doesn't sending the error report with video clip count? I thought this place was where you reported to be honest... :/
  • JPNekoJPNeko Posts: 296 Member
    > @fancynancypigs said:
    > I don't know how to get in contact with him, doesn't sending the error report with video clip count? I thought this place was where you reported to be honest... :/

You can make bug reports at the Answers HQ. I tried putting the link here but it won't let me because I'm a new member. Go to the console discussion section and you'll find the link on a thread called "The Sims 4 Console Forums - where is what?".
  • imhavingaproblem22imhavingaproblem22 Posts: 1 New Member
    I normally play sims on pc only but I decided to pay $50 to get it on my PlayStation and for one, the controls suck, I like having it on the bigger screen but it is literally just like I’m looking at my computer screen, except I can’t control the curser. The biggest problem I’m having right now is that to throw a birthday party you need to throw a social event and select the option on the phone but every time I open the phone and just press down on the dial pad, the curser literally goes everywhere but any other option in the phone, I can’t select anything it doesn’t default select.
  • MarieeMariee Posts: 2 New Member
    My sims lags to much idk why
    My sims were able to have a wedding, I'm not sure if it was just the way I went about it, but so far so good! I hope everyone who isn't used to console controls the best of luck! I'm so used to it I find it easy to control. (I only use the PC to play the sims when I have no other choice...) anyway , so far I can't tell if this is still a bug or not. Thanks for the info about where to report it, I'm just not sure if it's still a problem anymore. At the moment my game runs near perfect...I'm just testing some things out still. Good luck everyone ! And thanks again! If it happens again, I'll report it there. :)
    edited November 2017
    The controls are definitely the least of my worries now. It’s pretty much second nature. Can not wait until more expansions and updates happen. So happy with my sims 4 console experience! I even caught a cow plant berry which for some reason i never got that lucky on the pc version. :smiley:
    edited November 2017
    I normally play sims on pc only but I decided to pay $50 to get it on my PlayStation and for one, the controls suck, I like having it on the bigger screen but it is literally just like I’m looking at my computer screen, except I can’t control the curser. The biggest problem I’m having right now is that to throw a birthday party you need to throw a social event and select the option on the phone but every time I open the phone and just press down on the dial pad, the curser literally goes everywhere but any other option in the phone, I can’t select anything it doesn’t default select.

You want to press the big rectangle square in the center of your controller. That makes the cursor easier to use and easier to target what you want to do. Also I think it's L1 that moves to different areas of the phone.
  • Le0HeartLe0Heart Posts: 154 Member
    How do you guys feel about completely switching over to PS4? I've been playing on PC for years and was dying for a console version and now that it's available I'm not 100 sure about making that jump especially since all the money I paid for the DLC to have to buy them again. I def would have to upgrade my laptop if I decide not to