Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Great Game, a few bugs.

rekandtrsrekandtrs Posts: 1,017 Member
So I’ve been playing the sims 4 console for 2 days now. The first day i got so upset with the controls that i quit the game and went to sleep. (honestly i was very tired that day and did not have the patience) but TODAY was a new day. I was able to get a hang of the controls and i played it until 3am. It was a great time. Some bugs i have noticed though.

1.Curser moves a little to fast sometimes. Maybe add a sensitivity scale like other console games?
2. Sim children react to the monster under the bed every single night....
3. Toddlers constantly have night mares.
4. Switching from Ui to curser mode is glitchy at times with curser disappearing.
5. Some people have had issues with saving their game.
6. Ui and pop ups have tiny font that is hard to see at times especially since us users are not as close to the tv as we are our PCs.
7. When toddlers are sent off to day care you can still hear them giggling on the lot....
8. Lot traits appear continueously 3 times when you come on the lot or leave the lot and come back.
9. Some icons get stuck when switching back and forth from Ui to curser.

And that’s all I’ve seen so far. Thank you Sims team for giving us an exact port of the Pc game. I feel like I’m actually getting the full experience. And can not wait for dlc. My pic broke down the beginning of this year and i haven’t got to play sims 4 since. So glad that I’m able to play from the comfort of my couch. :smile:

Comments

• MalacathMalacath Posts: 40 Member
    Yes the biggest obstacle at the start is the controls. The tutorial bubbles make it even worse. They seem to get in the way and confuse you even more when they stop you doing what you want.

Once you get used to the controls and those annoying tutorial bubbles have stopped the game is enjoyable. Biggest problem now is the extremely annoying and gamebreaking save bug.
  • rekandtrsrekandtrs Posts: 1,017 Member
    Malacath wrote: »
    Yes the biggest obstacle at the start is the controls. The tutorial bubbles make it even worse. They seem to get in the way and confuse you even more when they stop you doing what you want.

Once you get used to the controls and those annoying tutorial bubbles have stopped the game is enjoyable. Biggest problem now is the extremely annoying and gamebreaking save bug.
    I agree i had to turn the tutorials off. Plus the font was so small i couldn’t read it anyways. Glad i already knew what to do with the game beforehand.
    I haven't played a real Sims game for about 15 years back when I was a PC gamer so a tutorial would have been useful to me. But the tutorial in Sims 4 is useless. A tutorial bubble explaining a need that is blocking the view of the needs panel is just annoying.

They should have just added a tutorial mini campaign that teaches all the basics rather than have annoying bubbles showing at inappropiate times.
  • Faye_ButtonsFaye_Buttons Posts: 16 Member
    Thank you for adding this thread. I'm playing on the Xbox One and some bugs i've noticed are below. But I have to say as a loyal Sims 1-4 PC fan i'm really enjoying it on the console.

1. In CAS if I want to try a different colour item of clothing I seem to have to remove that item and then re-select in order to get the colour options.
    2. In CAS when removing an item of clothing to fix point 1 it randomly scrolls up
    3. In Live mode sometimes the needs panel disappears but the hover overs still show, also the hover overs cover the needs - is there a way to remove these?
    4. I've also experienced the cursor disappearing
    5. My sim was at the gym when she needed to go to work, the sim went to the home lot and the time said it was 3 hours before she was due for work and the skills and friendships gained from the gym had been lost
    6. Not sure if this is a bug or a lack of understanding but my sim has gathered items in her inventory but there's no way to sell them (like on the PC) only place them in the world
    Have you tried placing them in the world, going to edit mode then selling them using the hammer tool?

Took me ages to realise I had to use thre hammer tool to sell a fridge.
  • TekTek Posts: 1 New Member
    I'm not sure if this is a bug or I'm not doing it correctly. I'm playing on the Xbox one. When my Sim starts an action that doesn't have an ending such as playing the guitar, I can't get him to stop to do other actions. Per the control scheme, hitting Y will cancel the current action. However that doesn't do anything. The X will appear over the action, but it doesn't actually stay when I hover away. I've tried pressing A, tried queuing other actions, but then I can't cancel them either. I can cancel an action like eating or a shower... But not the guitar playing. Very very frustrating. It's there something that I'm missing?
  • rekandtrsrekandtrs Posts: 1,017 Member
    Thank you for adding this thread. I'm playing on the Xbox One and some bugs i've noticed are below. But I have to say as a loyal Sims 1-4 PC fan i'm really enjoying it on the console.

1. In CAS if I want to try a different colour item of clothing I seem to have to remove that item and then re-select in order to get the colour options.
    2. In CAS when removing an item of clothing to fix point 1 it randomly scrolls up
    3. In Live mode sometimes the needs panel disappears but the hover overs still show, also the hover overs cover the needs - is there a way to remove these?
    4. I've also experienced the cursor disappearing
    5. My sim was at the gym when she needed to go to work, the sim went to the home lot and the time said it was 3 hours before she was due for work and the skills and friendships gained from the gym had been lost
    6. Not sure if this is a bug or a lack of understanding but my sim has gathered items in her inventory but there's no way to sell them (like on the PC) only place them in the world
    I was having the same exact issue! I found out that you can delete objects by pressing Y in build mode. But i dunno of that works in live mode. I don’t have time this morning to test it out before work. But it’s possible that could be it. If that doesn’t do it then it’s definitely a bug.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
    rekandtrs wrote: »
    So I’ve been playing the sims 4 console for 2 days now. The first day i got so upset with the controls that i quit the game and went to sleep. (honestly i was very tired that day and did not have the patience) but TODAY was a new day. I was able to get a hang of the controls and i played it until 3am. It was a great time. Some bugs i have noticed though.

1.Curser moves a little to fast sometimes. Maybe add a sensitivity scale like other console games?
    4. Switching from Ui to curser mode is glitchy at times with curser disappearing.
    6. Ui and pop ups have tiny font that is hard to see at times especially since us users are not as close to the tv as we are our PCs.
    7. When toddlers are sent off to day care you can still hear them giggling on the lot....
    8. Lot traits appear continueously 3 times when you come on the lot or leave the lot and come back.

And that’s all I’ve seen so far. Thank you Sims team for giving us an exact port of the Pc game. I feel like I’m actually getting the full experience. And can not wait for dlc. My pic broke down the beginning of this year and i haven’t got to play sims 4 since. So glad that I’m able to play from the comfort of my couch. :smile:

Might want to mention number 7 to SimGuruNick on twitter.
  • Roy9937Roy9937 Posts: 3 New Member
    Hey just to give you guys a heads up one bug ive noticed is with the in game phone. When you select it and try to scroll around in the phone it'll leave the phone up, but kick you out of the selections and have you do the regular things with the cursor like select whims or hover over your needs and career tabs but wont let you select options in the phone. Otherwise great game so far and as ive played the whole series cant wait to see what you guys do with the console version.
  • JPNekoJPNeko Posts: 296 Member
    > @rekandtrs said:
    > So I’ve been playing the sims 4 console for 2 days now. The first day i got so upset with the controls that i quit the game and went to sleep. (honestly i was very tired that day and did not have the patience) but TODAY was a new day. I was able to get a hang of the controls and i played it until 3am. It was a great time. Some bugs i have noticed though.
    >
    > 1.Curser moves a little to fast sometimes. Maybe add a sensitivity scale like other console games?
    > 2. Sim children react to the monster under the bed every single night....
    > 3. Toddlers constantly have night mares.
    > 4. Switching from Ui to curser mode is glitchy at times with curser disappearing.
    > 5. Some people have had issues with saving their game.
    > 6. Ui and pop ups have tiny font that is hard to see at times especially since us users are not as close to the tv as we are our PCs.
    > 7. When toddlers are sent off to day care you can still hear them giggling on the lot....
    > 8. Lot traits appear continueously 3 times when you come on the lot or leave the lot and come back.
    > 9. Some icons get stuck when switching back and forth from Ui to curser.

I have experienced issues number 4,5 and 9 plus other ones not mentioned here. I hope we get a patch to fix them as soon as possible.
    > @Malacath said:
    > Have you tried placing them in the world, going to edit mode then selling them using the hammer tool?
    >
    > Took me ages to realise I had to use thre hammer tool to sell a fridge.

Thanks I hadn't thought of that. The suggestion from rekandtrs works by pressing the Y when you grab the object
    > @rekandtrs said:

>
    >
    > I was having the same exact issue! I found out that you can delete objects by pressing Y in build mode. But i dunno of that works in live mode. I don’t have time this morning to test it out before work. But it’s possible that could be it. If that doesn’t do it then it’s definitely a bug.

Thank you, that works a treat!
    > @Tek said:
    > I'm not sure if this is a bug or I'm not doing it correctly. I'm playing on the Xbox one. When my Sim starts an action that doesn't have an ending such as playing the guitar, I can't get him to stop to do other actions. Per the control scheme, hitting Y will cancel the current action. However that doesn't do anything. The X will appear over the action, but it doesn't actually stay when I hover away. I've tried pressing A, tried queuing other actions, but then I can't cancel them either. I can cancel an action like eating or a shower... But not the guitar playing. Very very frustrating. It's there something that I'm missing?

Hi, I tested this out with my sim on the Xbox One and had her play the guitar, if I press Y she immediately stops playing so sounds like a bug with your game. Have you tried a new sim/ save?
    I found a bug today. When clicking on an object from rooms you can't immedienly put it in your house. Instead your taken to all the similar objects in cas eg all the computer chairs. On the pc you click on a room object and can move it straight to your house.
  • Blackscar2Blackscar2 Posts: 8 New Member
    I ran into a bug today while attempting to move a Sim through the manage my world option after back tracking out of a lot the cursor disappeared and I was in able to select anything, had to rest game.
  • Blackscar2Blackscar2 Posts: 8 New Member
    [quote="Blackscar2;c-16167978"]I ran into a bug today while attempting to move a Sim through the manage my world option after back tracking out of a lot the cursor disappeared and I was in able to select anything, had to rest game.[/quote]

Update it seems to never fail to cease functioning. Though I figured you could just press start and main menu to reset it
  • Paulmarch76Paulmarch76 Posts: 56 Member
    My maid turned invisible for 2 weeks. My Sims was talking to the invisible man. When he finally reappeared he would not leave. Stood on my porch knocking at the door wanting in. This lasted another week. He was there 24/7!!
    Grease is the word!
  • Patrickb1973Patrickb1973 Posts: 4 New Member
    Encountered some bugs too.

Another question, does anyone know how to change the language of the game ? I have it in my native dutch but would like to have it in english on my PS4. Any help would be welcome
    > @Patrickb1973 said:
    > Encountered some bugs too.
    >
    > Another question, does anyone know how to change the language of the game ? I have it in my native dutch but would like to have it in english on my PS4. Any help would be welcome

Have you tried changing the ps4s region and language to UK English?
    I really hope they can fix the crashes. My game crashed when my sim was playing with the jets in his bathtub on the balcony of his apartment. He lives at the spire apartment. Thank goodness for autosave.
  • Simsfan99111Simsfan99111 Posts: 1,260 Member

Might want to mention number 7 to SimGuruNick on twitter.

This is an issue on pc too
    edited November 2017
    Ive experienced 5 or 6 crashes and alot of bugs. All of the bugs listed by the op and more. Lag too not sure if thats due to framerate, wish we could choose 30 fps or 60fps. Surely the pro and xbox one x can handle 60fps.
  • llamaking88llamaking88 Posts: 21 Member
    > @Simsfan99111 said:
    > Ive experienced 5 or 6 crashes and alot of bugs. All of the bugs listed by the op and more. Lag too not sure if thats due to framerate, wish we could choose 30 fps or 60fps. Surely the pro and xbox one x can handle 60fps.

I have experienced no lag on the xbox 1x and I have had several times where there were a lot of characters on screen at once. Game is super smooth on the 1 X. Just needs some bug patching.
  • SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member

2 and 3 aren't really bugs. To avoid the monster under the bed there should be a night lamp called defender light or something similar. Place next to the bed and it shouldn't come anymore. And depending on their traits, some toddlers have more nightmares than others. Once they reach thinking level 3 the nightmares should stop completely :)
    > @Simsfan99111 said:
    > Ive experienced 5 or 6 crashes and alot of bugs. All of the bugs listed by the op and more. Lag too not sure if thats due to framerate, wish we could choose 30 fps or 60fps. Surely the pro and xbox one x can handle 60fps.

I have experienced no lag on the xbox 1x and I have had several times where there were a lot of characters on screen at once. Game is super smooth on the 1 X. Just needs some bug patching.

Its random stutters for me on my pro. Its not the console as its new and no other game does it.