Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How do you delete saves on the console?

Comments

• crashhat141crashhat141 Posts: 90 Member
    if you're on ps4 just go to the storage under settings
  • crashhat141crashhat141 Posts: 90 Member
    press the options button on the ps4 controller. sorry for the double post, dont know how to edit
  • MrStrangeMrStrange Posts: 66 Member
    > @PolluxSims said:
    > MrStrange wrote: »
    >
    > Can you save the aging options per save, or does what you choose cover all saves regardless?
    >
    > Like keep saves in Save 1 with it's age settings as default, but Save 2 aging is Long Lived and people you don't play don't age (or age at same rate preferably).
    >
    > Assuming the latter, but thought I'd ask.
    >
    >
    > Aging is by save I believe.

Verified it. Thank you. :)
  • JouleJoule Posts: 2 New Member
    I have a question. I saw the we can overwrite saved games on PS4, and I recently tried it. I went to load game and my other sims went back in time. The new save on the other sims, affected the save on my old sims. Two sims were in a relationship, it would show on one saved sim family and not the other saved sim family. So again, I tried the overwrite option once they were all aligned, but one of the families is back a few days, old job position and old weight etc. and not in the relationship.
  • zoeh7zoeh7 Posts: 133 Member
    Regardless of how busy ea are, they need to hurry on this, a lot of people need to get in to their saves.
    Origin ID: Th3SimsFactory
    Please add me on Origin!
  • UniversaeUniversae Posts: 9 New Member
    I need to get my post count up xD

To delete files like your gallery households for instance, click on the saved household and rather than clicking "X" to load, press "Triangle" to delete. (PS4)
    That might also work for saves too?

If you ever plan on a total reset, just delete system files xD
  • drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,114 Member
    rekandtrs wrote: »
    Does anyone know how to edit traits with cheats on Xbox one? I enable cheats but when i go to the CAS i cannot edit traits.

Have you tried enabling the ‘cas.fulleditmode’ cheat? I’m not sure if that one actually works on console, it does on PC, but that is the only way to change certain parts of a complete sim, even the ‘Change Sim’ option doesn’t allow trait changes.
  • marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    To be honest I have just been saving a new game over the ones I don't need anymore.
    No need to delete mine. I just save over :)
    Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• UnimoonUnimoon Posts: 1 New Member
    Go to settings then storage then saved data and go to your Sims 4 folder then you can delete the saves from there
  • Simsfan99111Simsfan99111 Posts: 1,260 Member
    Unimoon wrote: »
    Go to settings then storage then saved data and go to your Sims 4 folder then you can delete the saves from there

Just dont delete the user data file unless you want to lose all saved sims and lots in your library and game settings.
  • MoonBaby0803MoonBaby0803 Posts: 34 Member
    On the Xbox if you delete your game saved data would it delete your expansion packs? I have terrible WiFi so I don't want to have to redownload anything but my game is so slow xC
  • Simsfan99111Simsfan99111 Posts: 1,260 Member
    edited April 2018
    On the Xbox if you delete your game saved data would it delete your expansion packs? I have terrible WiFi so I don't want to have to redownload anything but my game is so slow xC

The only way it would uninstall expansion packs Is if you uninstall the game from the console itself. Deleting save data or user data won't uninstall the packs.
  • EllenwilsEllenwils Posts: 3 New Member
    Yeah, if you got to the main menu and click new game then when it loads go to the library button in the corner then click on the games you want to delete and press triangle.
  • ExokaisooExokaisoo Posts: 1 New Member
    I figured out how to delete a saved game from the ps4. You have to go to your settings, then to storage, click on system storage, then to saved data, select sims 4 and it will have all your saved games there. Just scroll to the game you want to delete, press the options button on the ps4 remote and it should have an option that says delete. Just in case anyone wanted to know.
  • paigeypopsrockspaigeypopsrocks Posts: 1 New Member
    Does anyone know how to reset a whole world because in forgotten hollow I accidentally evicted everyone
  • 33_Fluffie_Uni_kitty33_Fluffie_Uni_kitty Posts: 1 New Member
    > @catloverplayer said:
    > I can get to the save but I don't see a way to delete it.

Okay, so if your on Xbox you press the Xbox button on the controller, select my games and apps, go over to sims and select the menu on the controller and select the Manage game and add-ons option. Then go to saved data and go to your account and select. Then delete all, then go to the "reserved data" and delete that as well. When you open your game it should be completely reseted
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
    Unimoon wrote: »

Just dont delete the user data file unless you want to lose all saved sims and lots in your library and game settings.

You pick the ones you delete with this method. It won't delete all save files just the ones you pick.
  • _natalie_natalie Posts: 582 Member
    Does anyone know, on PS4, if you can name/re-name save files without your household being saved to the library under that name?
    She/Her. 👩🏻
    PlayStation. 🎮
    United Kingdom. 🇬🇧
  • Bluebirddevil5970Bluebirddevil5970 Posts: 400 Member
    I tried all that on xbox and it doesn't do anything they need to put it in that we can delete saves like we use to
  • roggekroggek Posts: 66 Member
    I tried all that on xbox and it doesn't do anything they need to put it in that we can delete saves like we use to

Just select the save file and press"Y" and confirm with yes...

• Bluebirddevil5970Bluebirddevil5970 Posts: 400 Member
    edited February 2019
    At the time we couldn't delete files in a update a while ago they changed it and we can delete and save more files thank you very much 🙄
  • ashlashl Posts: 1 New Member
    PS4 - You have to go to load games. Then go down to My saved games then click (triangle) and it will say delete
  • Teyanna51Teyanna51 Posts: 1 New Member
    [quote="AdamSim;c-16164168"]I don’t know if this the right answer but have you tried the triangle button? (or Xbox equivalent if you’re on Xbox). It seems to be the delete button for most things in the game.[/quote]

This definitely is the right way to delete the files. Press triangle to delete. I just tried it myself and it works.
  • Specia1simSpecia1sim Posts: 13 New Member
    On PS4 settings--> application data . There are all the games you've ever played data. I clear this folder sometimes.
  • vincentvega8899vincentvega8899 Posts: 103 Member
    [quote="catloverplayer;c-16164274"][quote="EA_Mage;c-16164266"]You cannot delete individual saves, but you can overwrite them.

Next time you go to save just select the save you don't want and your current save will take over. [/quote]

Ahh that's too bad. I have 2 saves and was wanting to get rid of 1. Thanks for the info.[/quote]

I have ps4 go into load game or save game highlight the save you do not want and press triangle.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top