Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How do you delete saves on the console?

catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
I can get to the save but I don't see a way to delete it.
Post edited by EA_Solaire on

Comments

• AdamSimAdamSim Posts: 8 New Member
    I don’t know if this the right answer but have you tried the triangle button? (or Xbox equivalent if you’re on Xbox). It seems to be the delete button for most things in the game.
  • EA_MageEA_Mage Posts: 1,354 EA Staff (retired)
    You cannot delete individual saves, but you can overwrite them.

Next time you go to save just select the save you don't want and your current save will take over.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    EA_Mage wrote: »
    You cannot delete individual saves, but you can overwrite them.

Next time you go to save just select the save you don't want and your current save will take over.

Ahh that's too bad. I have 2 saves and was wanting to get rid of 1. Thanks for the info.
  • fazemanfazeman Posts: 309 Member
    I deleted my family I didn't want from my library as I didn't know how to delete saves
  • Simsfan99111Simsfan99111 Posts: 1,260 Member
    edited November 2017
    The only way i have found so far is to wipe the game in the console settings on the ps4 but you lose all save files.
    Post edited by Simsfan99111 on
  • MalacathMalacath Posts: 40 Member
    Yes this game really needs a way to delete save files. I had a few save not realising you only need one save file for all families and worlds. It was too confusing have so many saves for basically the same worlds.

Ended up having to delete the save file from within the manage game options. Lost everything and had to start again. Now i'm careful not to create news saves.
  • JPNekoJPNeko Posts: 296 Member
    > @Malacath said:
    > Yes this game really needs a way to delete save files. I had a few save not realising you only need one save file for all families and worlds. It was too confusing have so many saves for basically the same worlds.

Does that mean that if I want to play another family in another world (Let's say Oasis Springs), I can overwrite the same save that I was playing before (Newcrest)?
    > @JPNeko said:
    > > @Malacath said:
    > > Yes this game really needs a way to delete save files. I had a few save not realising you only need one save file for all families and worlds. It was too confusing have so many saves for basically the same worlds.
    >
    > Does that mean that if I want to play another family in another world (Let's say Oasis Springs), I can overwrite the same save that I was playing before (Newcrest)?
    >
    >

Yes it does. The one save covers all worlds. As long as you don't select the new game option you can play all households in all worlds under a single save and the world selection screen will tell you how many played households are in each world
    That's great! Thanks for letting me know.> @Malacath said:
    > > @JPNeko said:
    > > > @Malacath said:
    > > > Yes this game really needs a way to delete save files. I had a few save not realising you only need one save file for all families and worlds. It was too confusing have so many saves for basically the same worlds.
    > >
    > > Does that mean that if I want to play another family in another world (Let's say Oasis Springs), I can overwrite the same save that I was playing before (Newcrest)?
    > >
    > >
    >
    > Yes it does. The one save covers all worlds. As long as you don't select the new game option you can play all households in all worlds under a single save and the world selection screen will tell you how many played households are in each world
    That's great! Thanks for letting me know.
  • jacobr1020jacobr1020 Posts: 2 New Member
    Is it possible to have more than one household? Because my Sim is going to move out of his parents' house soon, but I still want them there and don't want to lose them like Sims 3.
    > @jacobr1020 said:
    > Is it possible to have more than one household? Because my Sim is going to move out of his parents' house soon, but I still want them there and don't want to lose them like Sims 3.

Yes. You can have more than one household. I have played with 2 different households in the same world. You don't have to create a new save either (as explained in the previous post).
  • jacobr1020jacobr1020 Posts: 2 New Member
    Excellent.
  • rekandtrsrekandtrs Posts: 1,017 Member
    Does anyone know how to edit traits with cheats on Xbox one? I enable cheats but when i go to the CAS i cannot edit traits.
  • MrStrangeMrStrange Posts: 66 Member
    I'm not sure if I'm getting the message on how saves work, BUT I should finally be getting my copy today finally. Sooo, that should finally be remedied, and I'll be able to see for myself (eventually).
    I Am taking Don't make a New Save away from this for the time being.

Clarifying; there is only one save, but you can have multiple families in the same household (but still separate?).

I dunno. Was hoping for two kinds of save types. One where you could have just one family in the neighborhood (like where I was clarifying), and another where you could make multiple families who not only are part of the same world/neighborhood, but can interact.
    That's one thing you couldn't do with Sims 3 (on console atleast) that I thought would've been neat. I'm sure there are plenty of people who'd want their created families to be part of the same world/neighborhood simultaneously.
    Maybe take saved families, and replace specific existing households, so you have completely new (FAMILIAR?) neighbors with new households.

Hope I made Myself clear, I'm not entirely sure if I was. :*
    @MrStrange

You could say each save is its own universe.

Each save contains all households in all worlds. All your different households in the same save can interact with eachother even if they are on different worlds.

All you then need to do is overwrite the same save every time you save.

If you want all your families to share the same save then you must never select the New game option. Just click continue then you can create new families and sims on the neighbourhood screen.

If you want just one family in a neighbourhood then you just need to give it it's own save after creating a new game although not sure why you would want to do that
  • KiroReus75KiroReus75 Posts: 5 New Member
    My problem is this, When I go to my library at PS4 console, I can delete sims that I've created. But when I shut the game and restart, the sims come back. I always have to delete them because they are too many, and every time I start a game, it shaves another at the library, how can I delete them forever?
    > @Malacath said:
    > @MrStrange
    >
    > You could say each save is its own universe.
    >
    > Each save contains all households in all worlds. All your different households in the same save can interact with eachother even if they are on different worlds.
    >
    > All you then need to do is overwrite the same save every time you save.
    >
    > If you want all your families to share the same save then you must never select the New game option. Just click continue then you can create new families and sims on the neighbourhood screen.
    >
    > If you want just one family in a neighbourhood then you just need to give it it's own save after creating a new game although not sure why you would want to do that

Cool. Thanks for clarifying, much appreciated.
    Can you save the aging options per save, or does what you choose cover all saves regardless?

Like keep saves in Save 1 with it's age settings as default, but Save 2 aging is Long Lived and people you don't play don't age (or age at same rate preferably).

Assuming the latter, but thought I'd ask.
  • PolluxSimsPolluxSims Posts: 318 Member
    MrStrange wrote: »
    Can you save the aging options per save, or does what you choose cover all saves regardless?

Like keep saves in Save 1 with it's age settings as default, but Save 2 aging is Long Lived and people you don't play don't age (or age at same rate preferably).

Assuming the latter, but thought I'd ask.

Aging is by save I believe.
    Read my Sawyer Legacy Simlit on Wordpress
    - Origin ID: PolluxSims -
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    KiroReus75 wrote: »
    My problem is this, When I go to my library at PS4 console, I can delete sims that I've created. But when I shut the game and restart, the sims come back. I always have to delete them because they are too many, and every time I start a game, it shaves another at the library, how can I delete them forever?

Better let @SimGuruNick know.
    My guy I made from day 10/17/17 it always saves a new "Household" every time I start a new game with him. I'm trying to collect all the rank 10 skill trophies. My guy now I made has like 15 copies and whenever I delete him pressing the triangle button on the "my library", the saves comes back whenever I start the game again.
    Sorry the game came out 11/17/17
  • ANGERYANGERY Posts: 1 New Member
    On PS4

Settings > Application Saved Data Management > Saved Data in System Storage > Delete > The Sims 4

Then it brings up a screen with all your save files, you click on whichever ones you want to delete, then delete them. Hope this helped.
    Application saved data only gives me the option to delete saved games, which is a maximum of 5 slots on the console version, PS4 for me. I want to remove households from my library, which is the triangle button. But whenever I restart the game, all the households come back and the delete is somehow undone. It's pretty annoying, especially when I start a new game with the exact character I made from the first day saved in my library, it saves it in another household when I start a game and it multiply, hence why I have now 15 unwanted households for one character. Never mind the others Hahaa!
    > @KiroReus75 said:
    > My problem is this, When I go to my library at PS4 console, I can delete sims that I've created. But when I shut the game and restart, the sims come back. I always have to delete them because they are too many, and every time I start a game, it shaves another at the library, how can I delete them forever?

I've had the same problem since day one. Been trying to solve this issue and even created a thread at EA's Answers HQ, but so far I've had no luck. I don't want to delete the save, I just want to be able to delete permanently from the library any households I have created.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top