Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Game will not save

Comments

• catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,393 Member
    HalloMolli wrote: »
    OK I am really mad that we probably won't get a fix before next week so this means we won't be able to save during the Weekend. :o:s:'(

I'm able to save on my PS4. So far I don't have this bug.
  • MetalPSIMetalPSI Posts: 2 New Member
    I've only had the inability to save once, I just restarted the game. (Playing on PS4, hit the PS button, options, end application and then reloaded)

Some troubles I have come across so far....

Controller lag - Says it all really. Go to talk to someone and then they are gone. Go to grab something and someone else gets there first.

Travel - Went out to the park and played there for about 3 game hours when it was time to go to work. Sim did the appropriate thing and went off screen to go to work. A load screen was loaded, and I found my sim back at their HOUSE like the last 3 hours never happened. Möbius play is entertaining for a bit, but as for progress, this is a killer.

Action lag - I understand a game as complex as this is going to lag a bit, but sometimes if several things are going on, it's painfully apparent.
  • Simsfan99111Simsfan99111 Posts: 1,260 Member
    MetalPSI wrote: »
    I've only had the inability to save once, I just restarted the game. (Playing on PS4, hit the PS button, options, end application and then reloaded)

Controller lag - Says it all really. Go to talk to someone and then they are gone. Go to grab something and someone else gets there first.

Travel - Went out to the park and played there for about 3 game hours when it was time to go to work. Sim did the appropriate thing and went off screen to go to work. A load screen was loaded, and I found my sim back at their HOUSE like the last 3 hours never happened. Möbius play is entertaining for a bit, but as for progress, this is a killer.

Action lag - I understand a game as complex as this is going to lag a bit, but sometimes if several things are going on, it's painfully apparent.

Im having lots of issues with time in game, it keeps skipping ahead from morning to night then back to morning again. Changing the speed causes the time of day to jump around too as if you were in build mode where you can cycle through the time of day. The lag in game is bad too. Im getting a bit fed up im not gonna lie.

Im having lots of issues with time in game, it keeps skipping ahead from morning to night then back to morning again. Changing the speed causes the time of day to jump around too as if you were in build mode where you can cycle through the time of day. The lag in game is bad too. Im getting a bit fed up im not gonna lie.

Hopefully lag and crashing will be addressed in the upcoming patch.

Hopefully lag and crashing will be addressed in the upcoming patch.

Hope so or im just gonna stick to pc. Im getting really confussed as people keep saying there is a special patch you need to download on ps4 yet there isnt one :neutral:
    Just had the save issue again
  • falconi933falconi933 Posts: 1 New Member
    it seems when you travel to another place that's when the game loses its ability to save, at least what i have observed, thats the only time it fails to save after i travel to another place.
  • SynfullSynfull Posts: 1 New Member
    Hey all!

I am having the same saving issue on my PS4. I was able to save my game once, but after a few more hours of gameplay, I go to save before heading to bed and realize that when I try to save nothing happens except a frozen menu. As previously mentioned, there is a way around the frozen menu (hitting L3) but of couse that doesn't solve the real issue...to save all those hours of gameplay we all spent.

I spent too many hours playing the game already (sims addict) so I would completely hate to restart the game and lose all that progress. I've just been trying to figure out if it had anything to do with my network because when trying to save a pop-up about my network connection would come up saying it lost connection...ultimately thinking that I needed a better connection to save my game (why? idk, but I went along with it)..just to come here and find out so many others are having the same issue.

Basically, I've been putting my system into rest mode for the past few days instead of restarting or powering off my system, which would waste hours of progress that I spent playing..*stressed*

Please let me know your thoughts and if I should even waste time putting my system into rest mode? Because if/when an update comes out, won't my game restart anyway, and my progress will inevitably disappear?

Hoping this gets resolved as soon as possible.
  • RennieRennie Posts: 22 New Member
    > @Synfull said:
    > Hey all!
    >
    > I am having the same saving issue on my PS4. I was able to save my game once, but after a few more hours of gameplay, I go to save before heading to bed and realize that when I try to save nothing happens except a frozen menu. As previously mentioned, there is a way around the frozen menu (hitting L3) but of couse that doesn't solve the real issue...to save all those hours of gameplay we all spent.
    >
    > I spent too many hours playing the game already (sims addict) so I would completely hate to restart the game and lose all that progress. I've just been trying to figure out if it had anything to do with my network because when trying to save a pop-up about my network connection would come up saying it lost connection...ultimately thinking that I needed a better connection to save my game (why? idk, but I went along with it)..just to come here and find out so many others are having the same issue.
    >
    > Basically, I've been putting my system into rest mode for the past few days instead of restarting or powering off my system, which would waste hours of progress that I spent playing..*stressed*
    >
    > Please let me know your thoughts and if I should even waste time putting my system into rest mode? Because if/when an update comes out, won't my game restart anyway, and my progress will inevitably disappear?
    >
    > Hoping this gets resolved as soon as possible.
    So sorry, guess I goofed there. The only way I've learned to save every time, is to go into, "Manage Worlds" which I don't want to do, but there is an option there to save first, or not. So I go there and save, then go to main screen and shut down system. But I wondered tonight if you need to have two households to be able to do that. I do have, because I made the first couple, built and furnished their house, then didn't like where it was, with the pond in the backyard, then learned one can fish there no matter which lot you choose. But I was too broke by then to move, LoL. So I made another couple and built another, cheaper house.

My biggest complaint now is that I can't enlarge the rooms, can only move them, and that requires building new, small walls to connect them back to the house; I felt like a sap. So I, for one Sims fan, am still learning simply the differences from PS3, which was so easy and fun. If I need to blame anyone besides my own self, I want to blame Maxis, because so far this is not nearly the quality of sims3pets. But I read last year that the main designer and producer of EA, a woman, had retired after 25 years. Anyway I think going in that circle to Manage Worlds the saving and shutting down is the only sure way to even have a house left next time, which I didn't once -- there was just an empty lot where I had built and furnished a great house. Oh well, we're learning, all games are not created equal, even with some cute new things to play.
  • TuxTux Posts: 17 Member
    I've been manually saving my game since nov14 dreading loosing my save after all the time i put into it and hearing some stories from the community puts me on edge.
  • BugginhellBugginhell Posts: 4 New Member
    [quote="SeekersLegacy;c-16164731"]I understand that. Like if the game had been out longer like a week or more I’d be more understanding, but rampant negativity and skepticism when the game has only been out for what, a day, really isn’t fair. I can’t think of really any console games that didn’t have problematic bugs that didn’t need to be patched soon after release. They’ll get Sims 4 console sorted out and there will be patches. People just need to have more faith instead of dismissing the game as a disappointment only a day after release like some people here are.[/quote]

Please tell me you are having a laugh with this, the product is incomplete! If you cannot save a game that you invest alot of time into advancing then there is literally no point in playing this game. Infact how the creaters missed such a BASIC bug is beyond me... but that is ea for you. I have never moaned about a game being buggy but have literally made an account after reading your post to say you are wrong to be sticking up for a company when they release such a buggy game such as this. Ea need to take a leaf out of rockstars book and delay a product that isnt ready, rather than grabbing the cash and trying to patch after. What.a.joke.
  • JPNekoJPNeko Posts: 296 Member
    Most of the time, I've had the save issue after travelling somewhere, either a neighbor's house or one of the festivals.
    Last time I was lucky because I thought I'd lost what I had done but when I restarted the game, I realised the autosave had actually saved all of it. Better to save more frequently if you travel.
  • MalacathMalacath Posts: 40 Member
    While i'm glad they are working on a fix í do wonder how a game breaking bug like this doesn't get noticed by the QA testers. Clearly they can't be doing their job properly. Seriously the QA department if there is one needs a good kick up the backside.
    JPNeko wrote: »
    Most of the time, I've had the save issue after travelling somewhere, either a neighbor's house or one of the festivals.
    Last time I was lucky because I thought I'd lost what I had done but when I restarted the game, I realised the autosave had actually saved all of it. Better to save more frequently if you travel.

Yup ive noticed this too , ive had it a few times always during travel. If i go back to my home lot i can save again
    :D I've been wondering about this, too. And don't you just know all the big game companies have hundreds of employees supposedly covering all areas of the design and gameplay. I like the game fine and am happy to have a new one to play even if I have to begin again. I'm all about the building anyway -- can't get enough of bigger, better houses and this time I'm building a castle, only five rooms and a big center hall so far though.

> @Malacath said:
    > While i'm glad they are working on a fix í do wonder how a game breaking bug like this doesn't get noticed by the QA testers. Clearly they can't be doing their job properly. Seriously the QA department if there is one needs a good kick up the backside.
  • MalacathMalacath Posts: 40 Member
    Oh great that's it now. I'm done with game. I really like the game but I'm sick to death of losing progress because it suddenly stops saving.
    As for autosaves. You load them it still wont save so after dashboarding and booting the game up again the autosave has been auto-deleted.

The game is broken and should not have been released in it's current state. Heads need to roll in the QA department.
  • la2379simsla2379sims Posts: 1 New Member
    Luckily I noticed it not saving and only lost like 15min. It happens when I tried to go home from the club. I "fixed" it by going to the gym instead and then saved there in a different save slot. Then I was able to go home and have been able to save since then. Hopefully this will continue to work. I would just be careful every time you travel and check if it saved each time. Hope this helps anyone until the patch comes.
    Bugginhell wrote: »
    I understand that. Like if the game had been out longer like a week or more I’d be more understanding, but rampant negativity and skepticism when the game has only been out for what, a day, really isn’t fair. I can’t think of really any console games that didn’t have problematic bugs that didn’t need to be patched soon after release. They’ll get Sims 4 console sorted out and there will be patches. People just need to have more faith instead of dismissing the game as a disappointment only a day after release like some people here are.

Please tell me you are having a laugh with this, the product is incomplete! If you cannot save a game that you invest alot of time into advancing then there is literally no point in playing this game. Infact how the creaters missed such a BASIC bug is beyond me... but that is ea for you. I have never moaned about a game being buggy but have literally made an account after reading your post to say you are wrong to be sticking up for a company when they release such a buggy game such as this. Ea need to take a leaf out of rockstars book and delay a product that isnt ready, rather than grabbing the cash and trying to patch after. What.a.joke.

I disagree. I say release then patch l month later. I hate delays and they said their testing a fix for the save issues now so it probably won't be long before the patch is out.
    la2379sims wrote: »
    Luckily I noticed it not saving and only lost like 15min. It happens when I tried to go home from the club. I "fixed" it by going to the gym instead and then saved there in a different save slot. Then I was able to go home and have been able to save since then. Hopefully this will continue to work. I would just be careful every time you travel and check if it saved each time. Hope this helps anyone until the patch comes.

I save right when I get to a community lot then save again when my sim gets back home. Not saving when going to a community lot is what's causing a lot of the issues.
  • nako110nako110 Posts: 2 New Member
    [quote="Malacath;c-16165342"]Yes i've had this happen a few times.
    I've now got in the habbit of saving regularly and as soon as saving stops working I go back to the dashboard and fully shut the game down.

Its annoying but losing only 10 minutes through regular saving is better than losing hours through only using the save and quit option.[/quote]

Ok so i made this account just to say this but me and my girlfriend were having this issue (xbox one) and we found out that if you put a wardrobe in your house and use "change sim" then change anything about them (we changed a shirt) and then confirm it the game will save. youll lose a little bit of progress but its better then a couple hours. I hope this helps
  • nako110nako110 Posts: 2 New Member
    Ok so i made this account just to say this but me and my girlfriend were having this issue (xbox one) and we found out that if you put a wardrobe in your house and use "change sim" then change anything about them (we changed a shirt) and then confirm it the game will save then we quit the game and restarted it. youll lose a little bit of progress but its better then a couple hours. I hope this helps
  • 5782341b77vl5782341b77vl Posts: 9,149 Member
    Today, we invented the car. Tomorrow, we will invent the brakes.

Seriously, how can you make a game that doesn't save? My poor younger sister has been waiting for Sims4 on Xbox one, and when she FINALLY gets it - it doesn't save! How about holding off on the Laundry Stuff Pack (whatever it was called) and fixing the damage first.

She has been playing with the Sims since the beginning, has played every title, and even got ME into the Sims as well. It's a real shame to see her not able to play with and enjoy her Sims4.
    ...AND WASH YOUR DING-DANG HANDS!
  • HalloMolliHalloMolli Posts: 2,720 Member
    edited November 2017
    Today, we invented the car. Tomorrow, we will invent the brakes.

Seriously, how can you make a game that doesn't save? My poor younger sister has been waiting for Sims4 on Xbox one, and when she FINALLY gets it - it doesn't save! How about holding off on the Laundry Stuff Pack (whatever it was called) and fixing the damage first.

She has been playing with the Sims since the beginning, has played every title, and even got ME into the Sims as well. It's a real shame to see her not able to play with and enjoy her Sims4.

While I couldn't agree more with you about the sloppy release of the game you need to let your sister know that there is a Workaround for this issue ASAP!!! Trust me, it saved me so much Frustration. As you can read above I was probably as mad as your sister about this.

Anyway: Tell her she has to save every time she loads into a lot. So basically it goes like this: she makes her sims travel --> loading-screen --> when game loaded she hits the "menu"-button and saves the game.
    Post edited by HalloMolli on
    "[...] and everything will be okay in the end. If it's not okay, then it's not the end."