Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Game will not save

Comments

• Options
    MalacathMalacath Posts: 40 Member
    Yes i've had this happen a few times.
    I've now got in the habbit of saving regularly and as soon as saving stops working I go back to the dashboard and fully shut the game down.

Its annoying but losing only 10 minutes through regular saving is better than losing hours through only using the save and quit option.
  • Options
    LaurenSLaurenS Posts: 1 New Member
    My game on PS4 won’t allow me to save after hours playing tonight :( I don’t want to lose my progress is there any solution to this problem?
  • Options
    llamaking88llamaking88 Posts: 21 Member
    On xbox if the menu to save freezes you can press the left stick then B allowing you to get into the menu and save. Then after saving if the menu wont allow you back into your game (I save every time my sims wake up) you can press the left stick again and this time when in the menu instead of saving just push B and it will take you back to your game.
  • Options
    Twiggy_rawTwiggy_raw Posts: 2 New Member
    I’m having the same problem, I got so far into the game and it won’t save. Ea really needs to fix this!
  • Options
    Twiggy_rawTwiggy_raw Posts: 2 New Member
    Does anybody know how I can contact EA about the sims 4 on ps4?
  • Options
    LewisTreagustLewisTreagust Posts: 2 New Member
    Absolutely gutted, been playing for at least 4 hours and its not letting me save. Going to keep my PS on just incase it magically saves in the morning
  • Options
    H3LSTARH3LSTAR Posts: 8 New Member
    > @llamaking88 said:
    >
    >
    > On xbox if the menu to save freezes you can press the left stick then B allowing you to get into the menu and save. Then after saving if the menu wont allow you back into your game (I save every time my sims wake up) you can press the left stick again and this time when in the menu instead of saving just push B and it will take you back to your game.

Thank you I will try that.. not sure but it seems to work for me if I do new saves each time and not overwrite but I am not sure how many new saves you can do and not sure you can delete the old ones to make room if you are limited to how many saves you can have..
  • Options
    HalloMolliHalloMolli Posts: 2,720 Member
    edited November 2017
    Alright, I am having enough. My game runs Kind of adequate on my ps4. I mean, it could run better but the fact that I can not save is unacceptable :s:/

I feel really bad for y'all Newcomers. I wish I could create a bug thread for us but since EA thought it was a good idea to throw me in jail I am not allowed to create any threads on the Forums anymore.
    "[...] and everything will be okay in the end. If it's not okay, then it's not the end."

• Options
    Simsfan99111Simsfan99111 Posts: 1,260 Member
    I really hope this gets fixed, ive progressed quiet far and im super scared im gonna lose my save file. Im saving my sims and lots to my library every so often overiding the previous saved version as i progress incase my save become corrupted. Even then i dont know if a corrupted file would effect your library too so i could lose it all anyway .
  • Options
    ScoobyScooby Posts: 2 New Member
    Hello and sorry if this has already been stated, I didn't read EVERY comment. I was having a problem with the game not saving and locking me in the menu and the only thing I could do was press the left stick down to get out and repeat the process. But after more attempts I've figured out that there IS an auto save it just doesn't save like most games. The most I can say is that if you click "exit to main menu" and ignore the save option and just continue to the main menu, click "load game" not the large play button.. And it should show you an auto save file. The game apparently auto saves when you leave to the main menu. This makes me very uncomfortable because I don't trust it to save everytime I do this but if it's my only option then I'm going to give it a shot for like 20 mins and see if it does actually save everything I've done.
  • Options
    > @H3LSTAR said:
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > >
    >
    > Thank you I will try that.. not sure but it seems to work for me if I do new saves each time and not overwrite but I am not sure how many new saves you can do and not sure you can delete the old ones to make room if you are limited to how many saves you can have..
    >

I always overwrite and save every day when my sim wakes up. I just have to sometimes use my workaround that I mentioned to get the game to save.
  • Options
    adelehart94adelehart94 Posts: 1 New Member
    Hi, sorry I don't know how to make a new discussion thing. Has anyone else had problems with the entire game play? It started when I tried to put a desk in, now it won't let me rotate any of my items and sometimes won't even let me to click them to move them around. I have just come across a new issue which has made it literally unplayable, unless you just want to watch your sims do whatever they want to do. It won't let me slect anything to make them do anything, i.e. click the bed to sleep, fridge to eat... it's just coming up with a go here option. Anyone know how long it takes the developers to fix things like this? Been looking forward to this since I preordered about 4 weeks ago, I did manage to get a few hours in before this and I am loving it! I have been waiting for the console version since Sims 4 was released a few years back. Just hope these bugs get sorted quickly so we can all get back to enjoying the game!
  • Options
    RennieRennie Posts: 22 New Member
    > @LewisTreagust said:
    > Absolutely gutted, been playing for at least 4 hours and its not letting me save. Going to keep my PS on just incase it magically saves in the morning

WELL, my new ps4 has been getting fairly hot after playing two hours, so make sure you feel the back of it if you are going to leave it on. Before I play again tomorrow, I'm going to put it up on four little wood blocks or something similar, LoL -- oh the things we'll do to play a game! One thing I tried new tonight after building my house and buying the bare essentials; certainly not wanting to lose all that, was ::: after seeing I could only turn off system, was to back out quickly, then clicked on "Manage Worlds". System asked if I wanted to save first and I screamed Yes! It worked; I got to see it saving, then I went back and shut down system. I am sure longing for my wonderful, easy PS3 controller! Oh well, at least we're learning all about it, in case we do have to start all over. I have three days to take the ps4 back, and today is my second day with it, and all the sims4 games are sold out around here, so I would come out ok there $$ wise, but I really wanted a new sims game. Pretty sad here.
  • Options
    RennieRennie Posts: 22 New Member
    P.S. Someone here has just got to find a solution to this save problem before we go nuts. I really don't believe it's a glitch; I think it's us, we players. Jmo, so if we all keep doing the trial and error thing, somebody is going to learn the solution. But honestly this is a big problem, and I've played all the sims games, on all the systems with no problem this serious before. Well, signing off and forgetting sims 4 for the day now. Grrrr!
  • Options
    LewisTreagustLewisTreagust Posts: 2 New Member
    Good news! Exited without saving and it let me reload from 9, not 7, I'd been playing 7-11. Just click 'load' on the main menus, u should at least get a little pic of progress back
  • Options
    JPNekoJPNeko Posts: 296 Member
    > @lvls_Lauren said:
    > I haven’t fixed the saving problem but I figured it how to unlock the game when you try saving. Just hit the L3 it will unlock it and you can either continue playing or try saving it again but I can’t get it to save still and I’m just chilling with the app open because I don’t want to lose my stuff ):

I figured that out too. I click the options button on my PS4 controller when the back button (red circle) doesn't work anymore and that takes me back to live mode, but even that won't work sometimes. Then the only option left for me is to turn off the console altogether.
  • Options
    H3LSTARH3LSTAR Posts: 8 New Member
    > @Scooby said:
    > Hello and sorry if this has already been stated, I didn't read EVERY comment. I was having a problem with the game not saving and locking me in the menu and the only thing I could do was press the left stick down to get out and repeat the process. But after more attempts I've figured out that there IS an auto save it just doesn't save like most games. The most I can say is that if you click "exit to main menu" and ignore the save option and just continue to the main menu, click "load game" not the large play button.. And it should show you an auto save file. The game apparently auto saves when you leave to the main menu. This makes me very uncomfortable because I don't trust it to save every time I do this but if it's my only option then I'm going to give it a shot for like 20 mins and see if it does actually save everything I've done.

Unfortunately I cant get that to work.. I added all kinds of stuff to my house, built up another 2 skills too 10 and when I went to quit for the night I even traveled to another area and back home just so I could see the auto save symbol come up.. I exit to main menu and then tried to load the auto save, but the auto save was from like 4 or 5 hours ago. I lost everything I had done again.. And the game only lets you have five save files and there is no way I can find to delete older ones to make room for new saves.. This is absolutely ridiculous now at this point...
  • Options
    MalacathMalacath Posts: 40 Member
    Ive found that the autosave deletes itself after loading the game.

If you are suffering from the save bug, go to the title screen and load the autosave you may still have the save bug. If you now fully shut the game down which seems to be the only thing you can do after getting the save bug your autosave may be gone losing even more progress.

If you do get the save bug always dashboard and fully shut the game down before loading the autosave.
  • Options
    ScoobyScooby Posts: 2 New Member
    So from what I'm reading, it isn't a constant problem? I guess the save bug is a hit and miss thing. For now we are supposed to just try to save often and if it's not allowing you to save quit and try again so you only lose mins and not hours. I can't find anything anywhere on Twitter except SimGuruDuke saying that they know about it and are looking it in. Good luck guys. And try saving often
  • Options
    PC just got a patch yesterday that fixes a bug with game saves. Is this the same problem the console is facing? If so it's possible we could be getting a patch real soon.
  • Options
    EA_MageEA_Mage Posts: 1,354 EA Staff (retired)
    Hi all,

I just wanted to jump in here to let you know that we are aware of the bug with saves and this is being investigated.

I will let you know as soon as I have any news to share.

PS! Some people have found some success with the workaround posted here.
  • Options
    bela4bela4 Posts: 78 Member
    > @H3LSTAR said:
    > Yeah it is I wish there was a way to just get credited back my money and I would get the pc version, but I wanted to play from the couch that way I did not have to worry about the kids tripping over usb cables and stuff.. what a pain this is!

Wow.

Talk about a rush to judgement.

I'm on the XB1 and I've not had any issues at all like you describe.

If you have been playing these games for a while, through all incarnations, this is NOT a rush to judgement. It is more like a "oh why did I not learn from my last experience with this company". From mystifying emails in supposed responses to your support issues... totally UNRELATED to the problem you are having to games left completely abandoned by any kind of support (the sims 3 for console) EA does not have the best track record. I hope they fix this one, I really do. I decided to take a chance and pre ordered

Also, just because YOU have not had this issue does not mean it does not exist. I have never had malaria, but it does exist.
  • Options
    JPNekoJPNeko Posts: 296 Member
    > @EA_Mage said:
    > Hi all,
    >
    > I just wanted to jump in here to let you know that we are aware of the bug with saves and this is being investigated.
    >
    > I will let you know as soon as I have any news to share.
    >
    > PS! Some people have found some success with the workaround posted here.

Thanks for letting us know. There is another issue with not being able to delete households we create from the library. When you click on the triangle to delete, it disappears from library, but next time you load the game it's still there. Could you please look into that as well? I am playing on a PS4.
  • Options
    HalloMolliHalloMolli Posts: 2,720 Member
    OK I am really mad that we probably won't get a fix before next week so this means we won't be able to save during the Weekend. :o:s:'(
    "[...] and everything will be okay in the end. If it's not okay, then it's not the end."