Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 2 Pets vs Sims 4 Pets

Comments

• Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    edited November 2017
    JULES1111 wrote: »
    Stormsview wrote: »
    Aww, I feel so sorry for you guys, those that do not have Sims 4 Cats & Dogs. And you're trying to make yourself feel its all ok, I have to give EA a Standing ovation. upon making such a wonderful addition to Sims 4. It's so nice to have the pets, they are so natural to the Game. You love them as much as you do the toddlers.
    Saying Sims 2 Pets are better is just being so unreasonably unfair to EA for creating something so wonderful. These Pets touch your heart whether you meet them in your family, on the street, or as a Vet when they come into your hospital sick, you want to help them and make them better.
    They do so many things they get spoiled, Its just so much that We can not tell you.

EA do not have to make anything else, just leave Sims 4 as is and I am happy,
    Mostly when we get something new People start begging right off. But where are all those Threads,? Nowhere because we are happy the Sims 4 is now what it should have been, it's now fun and interesting The Vet career is the best Business that has ever been in a Sims game I just love it.
    I do hope all of you get to have cats and dogs, it's the best. I paid 40$ and If I had to I would pay it again. I did not want to wait.

If I was sitting in my old car and my neighbors were riding around in their New beautiful car, Sure I can try to make my self-feel better and say I am happy with my 10-year-old car, Buts what the truth ?.

I do have experience in playing Sims 2 dogs, it belonged to a friend, when I went to play it, It was borning, and No I did not want it. I could have got that game pack but I did not want it. All I had to do was say I wanted it.

I feel if you have to be happy with Sims 2 dogs, then, by all means, be happy.
    When Christmas comes I just hope its lots of Sims 4 Cats & dogs under the trees and a computer as well if needed. You all deserved to have the best EP that EA has ever made for the Sims 4.
    (most of the time pets will ignore whats not there, they are smart that way.) Sims 4 Cats & Dogs was made for people to enjoy, not sounds for animals to relate to. If you're a simmer as I am sure most here are, enjoy your game. even if you do not have it just have fun in something you do. :)

:joy: LMAO!!!! Don't feel sorry for us, we are perfectly happy not owning a piece of trash. No I do not have to make myself feel like it is ok, because it is GREAT that I didn't invest a dime in this refurbished piece of plum. I have never been more happy with a decision in my life! :D

And I think this is what I'll do. I will never buy one centime again for this dustbin. I'be been had by EA 3 years, but now it's done. Since I replay TS3 with Paradise Island, I can see how there's more content in this only EP than in the whole game of TS4.
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited November 2017
    Aww, I feel so sorry for you guys, those that do not have Sims 4 Cats & Dogs. And you're trying to make yourself feel its all ok, I have to give EA a Standing ovation. upon making such a wonderful addition to Sims 4. It's so nice to have the pets, they are so natural to the Game. You love them as much as you do the toddlers.
    Saying Sims 2 Pets are better is just being so unreasonably unfair to EA for creating something so wonderful. These Pets touch your heart whether you meet them in your family, on the street, or as a Vet when they come into your hospital sick, you want to help them and make them better.
    They do so many things they get spoiled, Its just so much that We can not tell you.

Mostly when we get something new People start begging right off. But where are all those Threads,? Nowhere because we are happy the Sims 4 is now what it should have been, it's now fun and interesting The Vet career is the best Business that has ever been in a Sims game I just love it.
    I do hope all of you get to have cats and dogs, it's the best. I paid 40$ and If I had to I would pay it again. I did not want to wait.

If I was sitting in my old car and my neighbors were riding around in their New beautiful car, Sure I can try to make my self-feel better and say I am happy with my 10-year-old car, Buts what the truth ?.

I do have experience in playing Sims 2 dogs, it belonged to a friend, when I went to play it, It was borning, and No I did not want it. I could have got that game pack but I did not want it. All I had to do was say I wanted it.

When Christmas comes I just hope its lots of Sims 4 Cats & dogs under the trees and a computer as well if needed. You all deserved to have the best EP that EA has ever made for the Sims 4.
    (most of the time pets will ignore whats not there, they are smart that way.) Sims 4 Cats & Dogs was made for people to enjoy, not sounds for animals to relate to. If you're a simmer as I am sure most here are, enjoy your game. even if you do not have it just have fun in something you do. :)

:joy: LMAO!!!! Don't feel sorry for us, we are perfectly happy not owning a piece of trash. No I do not have to make myself feel like it is ok, because it is GREAT that I didn't invest a dime in this refurbished piece of plum. I have never been more happy with a decision in my life! :D

And I think this is what I'll do. I will never buy one centime again for this dustbin. I'be been had by EA 3 years, but now it's done. Since I replay TS3 with Paradise Island, I can see how there's more content in this only EP than in the whole game of TS4.

I think it's safe to say that even TS1 EP's have more content than TS4 xD
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • StormsviewStormsview Posts: 2,603 Member

I have the right to love The Cats & Dogs EP. <3 If it was years ago and it was nothing better I would like whatever we have.Not!
    Also, I do have Sims 2, do, I miss it No. I never liked it and someone bought it for me.
    Just how old does the computer have to be? If I would invest It would be in all the packs for Sims 3. One thing it's amazing, it has more than all of them. and its still supported. I feel they put everything they had into making sims 3.
    Remember I have a right to like or unlike the same as everyone else if you can hate Sims 4 I can like it and it's all ok.
    If they will say they will continue to support Sims 3 after 5 I would buy my missing packs, they still cost a lot.

What I would like to see is a Remake of Sims 3 and all the packs with all the updated graphics/ To me Sims 4 have everything needed to make it complete, a stuff pack or 2, a new Pet restaurant SP. and also Kids need to be able to walk their dogs. To me having seasons will not do much more for Sims 4. some nice vacation places including a simple snow designation would do, coming in a GP, or EP.

Do I have to sit here and defend EA no they can do that themselves? They do have some amazing games, but I am not and gamer, I only Play the sims because I have other things I need to do, also being on the computer all the time is not good for your eyes, you need to take breaks to relax your eyes.

If you want to know more about me I will add more to my profile, I play the Sims 4 but I do not worship it. I have an interest in so many other things. I create and sell my creations in two other online worlds and I have done that for years now.

:/ Sorry If I do not show a lot of interest here. I just get bored with this form, it is not a lot I wish to do here or talk about.

Sims 2 Pets Verses Sims 4 Pets, same as having to find a 13-year-old computer, sorry I do not want either one. I am sure they are at yard sales, so that's a good place to look. also old ones for sale on the web, lots of places. What did windows call the computers back then? The first thing to do, then look for one for sale, make sure its working bring your game if you can or something to test it. Play sims 2 pets and take pictures and add them here I would love to see them. :) If you love 2 pets you will love 4 pets even more because they are so much better now, same as our new toddlers, compared to sims 2 toddlers. But I did not play Sims 2, it's still new and unopened. When I would play it was not mine and I was not at home. What I remember, I bought the dog from a pet shop, took it home and it pooped. I stop playing. :# Now we have nannies and butlers so they do pick up and mop up well.
    My Aunt loved the game and the Pets. :) So it must have been fun.
    we'll give you a full refund. Just make sure you make your request within 24 hours after you first launch the game, within seven days from your date of purchase, or within seven days from the game's release date if you pre-ordered, whichever comes first.
    Who said EA doesn't have a sense of humor
  • JULES1111JULES1111 Posts: 4,489 Member

1. I have the right to love The Cats & Dogs EP. <3 If it was years ago and it was nothing better I would like whatever we have.Not!
    Also, I do have Sims 2, do, I miss it No.2. I never liked it and someone bought it for me.
    3. Just how old does the computer have to be? If I would invest It would be in all the packs for Sims 3. One thing it's amazing, it has more than all of them. and its still supported. I feel they put everything they had into making sims 3.
    Remember I have a right to like or unlike the same as everyone else if you can hate Sims 4 I can like it and it's all ok.
    If they will say they will continue to support Sims 3 after 5 I would buy my missing packs, they still cost a lot.

What I would like to see is a Remake of Sims 3 and all the packs with all the updated graphics/ To me Sims 4 have everything needed to make it complete, a stuff pack or 2, a new Pet restaurant SP. and also Kids need to be able to walk their dogs. To me having seasons will not do much more for Sims 4. some nice vacation places including a simple snow designation would do, coming in a GP, or EP.

Do I have to sit here and defend EA no they can do that themselves? They do have some amazing games, but I am not and gamer, I only Play the sims because I have other things I need to do, also being on the computer all the time is not good for your eyes, you need to take breaks to relax your eyes.

If you want to know more about me I will add more to my profile, I play the Sims 4 but I do not worship it. I have an interest in so many other things. I create and sell my creations in two other online worlds and I have done that for years now.

:/4. Sorry If I do not show a lot of interest here. I just get bored with this form, it is not a lot I wish to do here or talk about.

Sims 2 Pets Verses Sims 4 Pets, same as having to find a 13-year-old computer, sorry I do not want either one. I am sure they are at yard sales, so that's a good place to look. also old ones for sale on the web, lots of places.5. What did windows call the computers back then? The first thing to do, then look for one for sale, make sure its working bring your game if you can or something to test it. Play sims 2 pets and take pictures and add them here I would love to see them. :)6. If you love 2 pets you will love 4 pets even more because they are so much better now, same as our new toddlers, compared to sims 2 toddlers. But I did not play Sims 2, it's still new and unopened. When I would play it was not mine and I was not at home. What I remember, I bought the dog from a pet shop, took it home and it pooped. I stop playing. :#7. Now we have nannies and butlers so they do pick up and mop up well.

:joy:

1. Yes you can love it if you want, why you are professing your love on the Sims 2 forum....no one knows, or cares...though it is entertaining...

2. LMAO so you go onto a forum of a 13 year old game you never liked....TROLLING.... :p

3. LOL the computer doesn't have to be old to play the game. :D It can be brand new, top of the line, and still play the game just fine. I assure you my pc was not bought at a yard sale... :D

4. Then why visit it at all?? I don't visit forums I have no interest in...are you so bored with your game, that it is actually more entertaining to visit forums you have zero interest in...that's sad.. :'( Now I am feeling bad for you.... :p

5. Um....they were still called computers....even way back then...when pc's were made from dinosaur bones.... :|

6. No.....maybe you think so, but then again you already said you never played 2 really...so how would you know? Your opinion is biased at best, ignorant at worse.

7. LMAO Sims 2 has nannies and butlers....and paperboys, mailmen, firemen, policemen, burglars, social workers, pet trainers, ect....4 is not special...everything done has been done before, only done WAY better in the past.. with less bugs...

That's ok you can have 4. Enjoy what there is of it. You shouldn't expect anyone who posts in THIS forum to agree with you though.

Welcome to the Sims 2 forum. :) Where we love to play and talk about a game that is older then dirt itself, where we have to rummage around in great-grandmas basement for a pc to be able to play on, and we wouldn't have it any other way. :)

• comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    edited December 2017
    james64468 wrote: »

both
    I could see how you might feel that way
    and I can't tell you that some people on this thread arn't trying to make themselves feel better
    but it's human nature to compare things be it for good or ill and its not always a bad thing
    also I think the reason people would be sad is not because sims 4 pets is better
    but because there favorite version will never have anything new again
    and they miss being excited about new stuff
    and sadly you can't buy sims 2 anymore I really wanted it to
    I really am enjoying sims 4 pets though :)@Stormsview

But you can buy Sims 2. Well if your in USA and whatever other countries that Amazon has a market in. But you would have to have a old computer to play on. And a few mods to smooth out the game.

But I don't think it about feeling better about themselves. Each person has their unique opinion and criticism of Sims 4 Cat and dogs. I feel that it was rushed out to fast like Sims 4 was.

I didn't say people were trying to make themselves feel better I said I couldn't say some weren't
    I'm not a mind reader so I don't know how they feel
    I'm sure sims 2 pets is nice and I know you can get sims 2 if you buy an old computer but most people won't go to that kind of trouble
    that being said this does not really seem like a thread to compare the two games but to say one is better then the other
    they both have good points and bad
    although you can buy sims 2 on amazon you can't buy it from ea they no longer support it
    I thought about getting one from amazon but I new it was not likely to work on windows 10
    and amazon wanted 39 dollars
    more for sim kids and more drama please

1. I have the right to love The Cats & Dogs EP. <3 If it was years ago and it was nothing better I would like whatever we have.Not!
    Also, I do have Sims 2, do, I miss it No.2. I never liked it and someone bought it for me.
    3. Just how old does the computer have to be? If I would invest It would be in all the packs for Sims 3. One thing it's amazing, it has more than all of them. and its still supported. I feel they put everything they had into making sims 3.

:/4. Sorry If I do not show a lot of interest here. I just get bored with this form, it is not a lot I wish to do here or talk about.

Sims 2 Pets Verses Sims 4 Pets, same as having to find a 13-year-old computer, sorry I do not want either one. I am sure they are at yard sales, so that's a good place to look. also old ones for sale on the web, lots of places.5. What did windows call the computers back then? The first thing to do, then look for one for sale, make sure its working bring your game if you can or something to test it. Play sims 2 pets and take pictures and add them here I would love to see them. :)6. If you love 2 pets you will love 4 pets even more because they are so much better now, same as our new toddlers, compared to sims 2 toddlers. But I did not play Sims 2, it's still new and unopened. When I would play it was not mine and I was not at home. What I remember, I bought the dog from a pet shop, took it home and it pooped. I stop playing. :#7. Now we have nannies and butlers so they do pick up and mop up well.

1. Yes you can love it if you want, why you are professing your love on the Sims 2 forum....no one knows, or cares...though it is entertaining...

2. LMAO so you go onto a forum of a 13 year old game you never liked....TROLLING.... :p

3. LOL the computer doesn't have to be old to play the game. :D It can be brand new, top of the line, and still play the game just fine. I assure you my pc was not bought at a yard sale... :D

4. Then why visit it at all?? I don't visit forums I have no interest in...are you so bored with your game, that it is actually more entertaining to visit forums you have zero interest in...that's sad.. :'( Now I am feeling bad for you.... :p

5. Um....they were still called computers....even way back then...when pc's were made from dinosaur bones.... :|

6. No.....maybe you think so, but then again you already said you never played 2 really...so how would you know? Your opinion is biased at best, ignorant at worse.

7. LMAO Sims 2 has nannies and butlers....and paperboys, mailmen, firemen, policemen, burglars, social workers, pet trainers, ect....4 is not special...everything done has been done before, only done WAY better in the past.. with less bugs...

That's ok you can have 4. Enjoy what there is of it. You shouldn't expect anyone who posts in THIS forum to agree with you though.

Welcome to the Sims 2 forum. :) Where we love to play and talk about a game that is older then dirt itself, where we have to rummage around in great-grandmas basement for a pc to be able to play on, and we wouldn't have it any other way. :)

This thread is about Sims 2 and Sims 4, I have both. We are allowed to comment regardless of having the packs, I gave you an awesome. :) because of your opinion and your Toddler set up like a Judge. :D . but that's my opinion, like it or not. I said my Aunt love the Sims 2.
    Question, If you made very good and fun old games, and you are still making new games do you want people just to play the old ones?
    remove the support? Why? If car manufacturers keep the old cars running like new ones, who would buy the new ones?
    we'll give you a full refund. Just make sure you make your request within 24 hours after you first launch the game, within seven days from your date of purchase, or within seven days from the game's release date if you pre-ordered, whichever comes first.

I think you need to take a deep breath and relax their only games
    edited December 2017

This thread is about Sims 2 and Sims 4, I have both. We are allowed to comment regardless of having the packs, I gave you an awesome. :) because of your opinion and your Toddler set up like a Judge. :D . but that's my opinion, like it or not. I said my Aunt love the Sims 2.
    Question, If you made very good and fun old games, and you are still making new games do you want people just to play the old ones?
    remove the support? Why? If car manufacturers keep the old cars running like new ones, who would buy the new ones?

I never said you were not allowed to comment. :| I said I wouldn't expect anyone here to agree with you. There is a difference.

Anyway, I said you were entitled to your opinion. I don't have to agree or like it same as you don't have to agree or like mine. That is why they are called opinions, everyone has them about everything.

I would want people to play both. :) Sure I would want people to play something new, but I would be over the moon if something I Created...say 13 years ago.. was still loved and played by thousands of people. . It takes a lot for a game to survive that long, it must be really special. I wouldn't expect people to settle for less when buying the new one. I would want to top my success as much as humanly possible.

If car manufacturers made a new car and left out the tires, steering wheel, and engine, why would anyone stop using their old one to buy a new one? The makers can want you to buy anything and everything new, but if it worse then what you already have why would you? Newer does not equal better.

Edited a question out that I just figured out. :D I just woke up..

LOL Oh I am fine. Perfectly relaxed. Like I said, it is entertaining. :joy:
  • mortiamortia Posts: 1,155 Member

both
    and I can't tell you that some people on this thread arn't trying to make themselves feel better
    but it's human nature to compare things be it for good or ill and its not always a bad thing
    also I think the reason people would be sad is not because sims 4 pets is better

But you can buy Sims 2. Well if your in USA and whatever other countries that Amazon has a market in. But you would have to have a old computer to play on. And a few mods to smooth out the game.

But I don't think it about feeling better about themselves. Each person has their unique opinion and criticism of Sims 4 Cat and dogs. I feel that it was rushed out to fast like Sims 4 was.

I didn't say people were trying to make themselves feel better I said I couldn't say some weren't
    I'm sure sims 2 pets is nice and I know you can get sims 2 if you buy an old computer but most people won't go to that kind of trouble
    that being said this does not really seem like a thread to compare the two games but to say one is better then the other
    although you can buy sims 2 on amazon you can't buy it from ea they no longer support it
    I thought about getting one from amazon but I new it was not likely to work on windows 10

Why do you keep insisting that people need to buy old computers in order to play TS2? The game runs like butter on any new computer, it just needs to be made to recognize new graphic cards. SMDH.
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited December 2017
    mortia wrote: »

both

Why do you keep insisting that people need to buy old computers in order to play TS2? The game runs like butter on any new computer, it just needs to be made to recognize new graphic cards. SMDH.

She was being facetious for earlier comments concerning driving an old car and trying to feel better about it. Lol I guess it went over a few people's heads. ETA: Never mind I thought you were speaking to Jules who did make a joke about yeah, we need older machines..not.
    Post edited by Cinebar on
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
    Cinebar wrote: »

both

She was being facetious for earlier comments concerning driving an old car and trying to feel better about it. Lol I guess it went over a few people's heads.

I wasn't joking I don't joke about things like that of done my research because I really want to play the game
    thats what every one said that you shouldn't get it because it does not run on newer computers
    and that ea removed it from origin because it no longer supports the game
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member

both

She was being facetious for earlier comments concerning driving an old car and trying to feel better about it. Lol I guess it went over a few people's heads.

I wasn't joking I don't joke about things like that of done my research because I really want to play the game
    thats what every one said that you shouldn't get it because it does not run on newer computers

Well, they were wrong. If you get it now you have to load Origin just like TS4 before you can play it. Most of us who got it three years ago didn't allow it to update recently so we don't need to start Origin to start the game. And don't need Origin installed as long as you leave the Origin game folder but can remove the Origin application.

If you use the Graphics Rule Maker it will tell the game your new video card (which of course is newer than the ones when the game was released) is in the list of supported cards and will play great, and faster than ever. Origin updated it inorder to tie it to Origin just like they did TS3, but that also means their tech people would answer your questions about any Origin game.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
    edited December 2017

both

Well, they were wrong. If you get it now you have to load Origin just like TS4 before you can play it. Most of us who got it three years ago didn't allow it to update recently so we don't need to start Origin to start the game. And don't need Origin installed as long as you leave the Origin game folder but can remove the Origin application.

If you use the Graphics Rule Maker it will tell the game your new video card (which of course is newer than the ones when the game was released) is in the list of supported cards and will play great, and faster than ever. Origin updated it inorder to tie it to Origin just like they did TS3, but that also means their tech people would answer your questions about any Origin game.

thanks it would have been nice if someone had told me that early
    although I'm not sure I really want to play it any more
    I'm probably just feeling bad right now
  • PlagueRavenPlagueRaven Posts: 52 Member
    Maybe I'm the only one here, but I like that you can't see the pets' needs. You can't read data on your real life pet about when it needs to poo. It shows you behaviors that you react to, like scratching at a door or whining. I enjoy it a lot more because I have to actually pay attention to the PET, not the pet's STATUS. Because the pets' portraits turn color like the normal Sim portraits do when its needs aren't met, that's seriously all you need. You don't really need to look at its status. The portrait and the pet itself tells you all you need to know. I put out an auto pet food bowl, it refills every six hours, I refill when it's empty. Kind of like reality. The pet takes care of itself for the most part. Again, like reality.

I realize that this is a game and not reality, but the idea is to simulate life. We know our own needs. We don't always know the needs of animals.

:)<3o:) Your ok with me.
  • ParyPary Posts: 6,871 Member
    I think TS2 pets are the best of all. I liked seeing their needs and their ages, but leaving them uncontrollable. Their fur still looked soft and fluffy.

Not even going to touch on the plastic horrors that are TS4 pets.
    Sims 3 Household Exchange - Share your households!
    PoppySims Archive
    InnaLisa Pose Archive
    Devolution of Sims - a once customisable open world sandbox which has become a DLC Party catalog in a shoebox
    I ♡ Pudding

:)<3o:) Your ok with me.

Lol thanks. Your ok with me too. :)
    if I register will I get the sims2 ultimate

You just need to contact EA. Instructions are in the first post here

http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/814708/how-to-get-ts2-ultimate-collection-windows/p1

Becouse you already have it they will probably just ask you for the registration code. Good luck. :)

You just need to contact EA. Instructions are in the first post here

http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/814708/how-to-get-ts2-ultimate-collection-windows/p1

Becouse you already have it they will probably just ask you for the registration code. Good luck. :)

thanks @JULES1111
    edited December 2017

LOL. I started to show you a picture of my Sims in TS2 hugging and kissing their hampster but I decided I would let it go. Since I wouldn't want to make you feel bad since TS4 C&D doesn't have hamsters, birds, can't hirfe a pet trainer, can't have more than one born into litter, can't give up for adoption and my other Sim in a different house call up and adopt that dog or cat etc, can't fend off burglars, or destrucitve strays that might wander onto the property, don't have a family tree, don't know how their dog or cat feels about the owner in the relationship panel, can't earn or win special collars and stuff...aw, don't feel sorry for us, we know which has more depth and which doesn't. And it's not been out two weeks and already on sale three times for half off. Day One at Target day of release.... Right. And that hampster wasn't even theird or even in a pet store (in TS2) but on a community school lot I built and Sims visit, 'cause you know little kids' class rooms usually have a pet in the class room. Turtle or hamster or baby chick or something. Enjoy your limited game where you have to designate what type of lot it has to be while I enjoy building all my multi purpose lots. :D

And btw, classic cars are worth thousands go try to buy one. lol

they can have up to 3 puppies
    and they can give up adoption
    or sell them
    I do wish they could win stuff
    though it does seem odd they can get gold but theirs no prize
    I do feel like sims 2 pets has more right now
    but it may not later on sims 4 is slow to get going on things
    but when there done I think they have a lot more pets
    Post edited by comicsforlife on

LOL. I started to show you a picture of my Sims in TS2 hugging and kissing their hampster but I decided I would let it go. Since I wouldn't want to make you feel bad since TS4 C&D doesn't have hamsters, birds, can't hirfe a pet trainer, can't have more than one born into litter, can't give up for adoption and my other Sim in a different house call up and adopt that dog or cat etc, can't fend off burglars, or destrucitve strays that might wander onto the property, don't have a family tree, don't know how their dog or cat feels about the owner in the relationship panel, can't earn or win special collars and stuff...aw, don't feel sorry for us, we know which has more depth and which doesn't. And it's not been out two weeks and already on sale three times for half off. Day One at Target day of release.... Right. And that hampster wasn't even theird or even in a pet store (in TS2) but on a community school lot I built and Sims visit, 'cause you know little kids' class rooms usually have a pet in the class room. Turtle or hamster or baby chick or something. Enjoy your limited game where you have to designate what type of lot it has to be while I enjoy building all my multi purpose lots. :D

And btw, classic cars are worth thousands go try to buy one. lol

they can have up to 3 puppies
    and they can give up adoption
    or sell them
    I do wish they could win stuff
    though it does seem odd they can get gold but theirs no prize
    I do feel like sims 2 pets has more right now
    but it may not later on sims 4 is slow to get going on things
    but when there done I think they have a lot more pets

• Dreamie209Dreamie209 Posts: 3,165 Member
    edited December 2017
    In terms of Pets, I can't deny, for me personally I feel TS2 still got it right perfectly. Because to me personally, the beauty of the sims are it's choices. Where would we all be without them? So I suppose to me, I feel what makes this game a great simulation is the fact that it could (and in some cases still can) simulate things most wouldn't find realistic and others very much so. It feeds both and more.

Choices are what brought the builders, the legacy/generational, rotational,fantasy, single sim, devious, and story-tellers all together in one game. How many games can do such a thing and stayed prosperous years after? I like the fact that we had a great uncontrolled setting with the cheat option of making them controllable, of which didn't really affect the pets. I honestly used uncontrolled, but i'm also pro choice, and I think that's what I loved about it.

That being said, on a personal level with TS4's pets, there's a couple of things I relate to with my actual dogs, yet there's another's another half that my dogs never did. My dogs never really had fears. They watched T.V with us when they were inside, my dalmatian even figured out how to turn the stereo on lol. And they slept through my mom's loud vacuum and thunderstorms (sometimes I felt like they could slept through hurricanes).

But they did have obsessions...but to be fair, my dogs are pretty weird when it comes to obsessions. My beagle whose name is Nickle got his name for a reason lol. He's been obsessed with shiny coins ever since he was a puppy. He never ate or chew any of the items, he just stared at them..for a very very very long time lol. My Goldie mix was obsessed with rocks...and yes he ate one :lol: that was a painful trip to the vet. The one obsession that the game has that I could relate to was the fact that my sim dalmatian (as well as my late real dalmatian) followed and guarded all of the kids in the house. When a baby cried in the house, he was the first one to run there. That's why when it actually happend in the game I was in awe. So in it's own way it did help me grieve in a moment where I didn't two years ago when he actually died. And mind you I also use the playable mod...and that moment was still possible regardless. It was just there. Naturally.

So yeah, even though in most cases I do feel like TS2 got it right overall imo. I do give C&D credit for trying to focus on cats and dogs, even if I can't relate to all of the fears, or even odd obsessions (i guess my dogs are reallly weird lol). I do give them effort for putting such things in, and exploring that part of them. But there are a lot of things that I wish they did just in a similar way to TS2.
    Post edited by Dreamie209 on
    tumblr_p0kj4y5zKY1rz1zglo1_1280.png
    Fun Times, Cherished Memories, All under one Dream. Visit: The Dreamhouse and AbbyDreams