Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What Celebrities Do You Want to See in a New Superstar EP?

Comments

• MagdaleenaMagdaleena Posts: 973 Member
    Never really cared much for celebs in general. So, no thanks. I'd rather have celebrities original to the game itself, if we're gonna have any premade ones.

Also yeah, the fame system in TS3 was totally broken. Getting noticed by the general public should be wayyy more random than simply knowing a celebrity. It feels cheap.
    And once you're a celebrity, people will spread rumors around town and make everyone hate you. Not fun.

As far as I can tell, in real life it's a lot more down to luck. You may go viral on the internet because a lot of people like you (or alternately, you're notoriously terrible and people can't stop talking about how awful you are), or someone important may be at the right place at the right time and notice your talent (or "talent"). Or both.
    Some skills may be more likely to turn you into a celebrity, but even then there's only a small chance, and only if you sell your work or perform in public (or on the internet).
    And if you REALLY wanted your sim to get started on the road to fame, there might be cheats for it. I dunno.

lil_pixel_boys.png
    they/he
    simblr
  • candy8candy8 Posts: 3,815 Member
    I am not really into Celebrities, I am more into things for my Sims to do like if they play an instrument that people come and sit down and listen and then my Sims get paid make it a career one they can go to. I guess they can do that for Singers, and it would be nice if they had an acting career where the Sims go on stage and act.
  • taydevtaydev Posts: 912 Member
    edited November 2017
    No real life celebrities please. You can make your favorite celebrities in CAS anyway.
  • chickenowchickenow Posts: 458 Member
    Although I would welcome a Fame pack I am definitely on the "no real life celebrities" bandwagon. It just makes the game look dated when said celebrities aren't the "in thing" and the Katy Perry pack just looked tacky (I avoided it at all costs.)
    I would prefer the team to just get creative with their PreMade Sims in game and through their galley. No reason why they can't hint towards real life celebrities that way! ?
  • simsnetwork100simsnetwork100 Posts: 7 New Member
    I would like to see some celebrities from an earlier day. Marilyn Monroe or James Dean maybe? I have a soft spot for old films!
  • mikamika Posts: 1,733 Member
    I do not want real celebrities in Sim form, but Sim celebs that parody real celebs would be amusing.
  • YvinatorEliteYvinatorElite Posts: 97 Member
    Lets try and keep this discussion suggestion based guys!

I don't want to see any more one line posts like "I don't want real life celebs in my game"
    It is fine if that's your opinion, but suggest how you would like to see celebs in the sims 4!
  • MagdaleenaMagdaleena Posts: 973 Member
    mika wrote: »
    I do not want real celebrities in Sim form, but Sim celebs that parody real celebs would be amusing.

Now this, I can agree with. Some of the in-game book descriptions already do it!
    The Norwegian localization of Outdoor Retreat parodied our local wilderness TV celebrity, Lars Monsen, by calling him "Mons Larsen". I found it pretty amusing. (Is the English version called Gryll Bears? Please tell me it is.)

lil_pixel_boys.png
    they/he
    simblr
  • YBNS2468YBNS2468 Posts: 240 Member
    Britney Spears! But that never gonna happen... :neutral: //
  • ldmarkoldmarko Posts: 5,487 Member
    I don't want celebrities, period. Real life or otherwise. Sims 3 ruined that for me. About the closest thing I would want would be a Showtime like EP, where our own sims can have active performing careers, but none of that 5-star nonsense. I don't even know if I'd buy that. Well, I would buy it for the neighborhood & CAS objects, but then spend all my time complaining about all the annoying interactions like I do with Parenthood & Vampires. >:)
    Gallery ID: LDM2
  • woohootattoowoohootattoo Posts: 25 Member
    Here are my ideas -- RuPaul, David Bowie and Ryan Reynolds orrrr Jason Segal. Haha!
    Hi Guys, it's Alex here -- The Girl with the Woohoo Tattoo

(Rebranded to TheLadyStardust, but it's still me!!)
  • MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    alexc87 wrote: »
    Here are my ideas -- RuPaul, David Bowie
    Those two I could agree with.

I'd also want Professor Brian Cox, George RR Martin, J. K. Rowling, Prince, Sharon Needles, Dita Von Teese, Trent Reznor, Marilyn Manson

Dame Barbara Cartland
    bc-standing-with-dog.jpg

Dame Edna Everage
    dame_edna.jpg

Lets face it, everyone has their own preferred celebrities, they're never going to be able to make everyone happy, unless they have no real world celebs, and we can just make whoever we want.

AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
  • Armilus616Armilus616 Posts: 683 Member
    I Agree on Rowling.
    Helena Bonham Carter, Mia Farrow, Jason Isaacs and Jason Momoa are on my List. Perhaps Johnny Depp.

They will not be able to satisfy everyone. Also, it is already possible to make anyone you want. Just not make sims into in-game celebrities.
    The only thing that stops me from creating Adolf 🐸🐸🐸🐸 (Not telling what I would do with him) is that I don't have any CC for his moustache.
    But if any sim can become a celeb, he could be too, and he naturally would have fans ingame.
  • SimmerSuper6464SimmerSuper6464 Posts: 224 Member
    edited December 2017
    Prince, Bon Jovi, Dire Straits, Beatles, eagles

Daisy Ridley, John Boyega, Chris Pratt, Drew Carrey, JJ Abrams, Rian Johnson,Adam driver, JK Rowling, Jonny depp, benico del Toro
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    Are they finally going to remake Superstar? Did not hear that or see anything about it. That'd be cool. I loved that ep in Sims 1. They did an amazing job on it and have always wanted it brought back properly.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• EliharbEliharb Posts: 476 Member
    Writin_Reg wrote: »
    Are they finally going to remake Superstar? Did not hear that or see anything about it. That'd be cool. I loved that ep in Sims 1. They did an amazing job on it and have always wanted it brought back properly.

I wish. They haven't done Celebrities right since Superstar. In TS2 they skipped it altogether and in TS3 it was a disaster. Flirting with a celebrity (which shouldn't have been possible) made a nobody into a celebrity. It was so annoying that I understand why so many people hate for the concept to be brought back into TS4.

I think it would be really fun if they just discarded everything teen-ish and stupid and focused on making a parody of the hustle and bustle of hollywood, the grinding and failures and humiliating jobs a sim would have to do to climb up the ladder in show business. They really have to make things more challenging.. like really hard to attain some goals in the game or else it will get boring very fast like everything else.
    Playing on Intel Core i7-5960X 16 core CPU - 32 GB DDR4 Ram - GTX 980 Ti
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    Eliharb wrote: »
    Writin_Reg wrote: »

I wish. They haven't done Celebrities right since Superstar. In TS2 they skipped it altogether and in TS3 it was a disaster. Flirting with a celebrity (which shouldn't have been possible) made a nobody into a celebrity. It was so annoying that I understand why so many people hate for the concept to be brought back into TS4.

I think it would be really fun if they just discarded everything teen-ish and stupid and focused on making a parody of the hustle and bustle of hollywood, the grinding and failures and humiliating jobs a sim would have to do to climb up the ladder in show business. They really have to make things more challenging.. like really hard to attain some goals in the game or else it will get boring very fast like everything else.

Thanks Eliharb for the info. Darn the way this was titled I thought they were actually making the ep. LOL

Sigh - oh well.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Okto84Okto84 Posts: 198 Member
    I would prefer fictional celebrities. What I want most though is diversity of celebrity types. Some new celebrity careers of course, but also work with existing ones, so we can have a famous writer, or sports star, chef or detective - and have some unique abilities and interactions for each type.

A famous chef for example could host a special party where they cook and their fame goes up - or down, depending how it goes. A writer's fame would be affected by their book quality, and how long since they released a book, etc. I want it to tie in to their career - but not to be an inevitable outcome for all careers, more an option that has to be chosen if the player wants it, for example little or no fame stuff until you hire an agent, something like that. Otherwise we'd have famous sims everywhere, which might not suit all players. I's like successful sims (high career/skill level) being granted some small quantity of 'fame', a small chance of meeting a fan of their art or something, but not big-deal stuff unless the player chooses.

I'd love to see critics included, and I actually would like them to be a bit random in their responses, just like real life I guess. More dynamics would be cool too, assign sims (player made or game generated) some levels for their interest in celebrities. Sims in the same career would get a boost of course, and those with high skills, like fitness for example would boost their interest in sports celebrities. It would also be cool to see some disinterest and even negative responses. Bit of random too, a sim might be really interested in celebrity detectives and negative about celebrity chefs. Celebrities are divisive after all. I think big celebrities should also have more impact on other sims they meet through their interactions, positive or negative, to represent them being more memorable.
  • YvinatorEliteYvinatorElite Posts: 97 Member
    Guys! So I was thinking, with all the celebrity endorsements they have been doing the last year or two and now actually making celebs #simsambassadors, I feel like they are making a Superstar/fame expansion like they had in the sims 1!!! They could easily place the sims they are making for those promotional social media post into it!!! like Millie Bobby Brown is a celeb in the acting career, Jessica Williams a celeb for the comedian career etc.

What do you think?
  • YBNS2468YBNS2468 Posts: 240 Member
    OMG YES!!!! I wish it will be true.... It will make me so happy that was my favorite EP. Showtime was ok and i liked it but it was far form being a superstar remake....
  • VentusMattVentusMatt Posts: 1,028 Member
    I don't want real world celebs. I would prefer if they added some old celeb sims from ts3 as well as add sims for the bands and artists your sims see when they go to the concerts if you have CL.
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    I don't want Drew Carey showing up at my party and the fame system needs to be toned way down if they ever remake Superstar. It was far too easy to gain fame from just meeting a celebrity. How does meeting a star make you a star? And I don't want all my sims to become famous, then it's not special.
  • ElenPinkElenPink Posts: 541 Member
    Really?? Kardashians??

I wouldn't want any celebrity. The whole idea is plum.
    webp_net_gifmaker_by_sarcasmisbetter-dcfn6tz.gif
  • SimplyobsessedSimplyobsessed Posts: 315 Member
    I don't want any real life celebrities
  • DraconDracon Posts: 119 Member
    If nobody minds Mods, there is always the Road to Fame Mod by Sacrifical. You can become an actor, or model, celebrity based on 5 levels of Fame with paparazzi, obsessed fans, normal fans, meet and greets and multiple of other interactions with fans, and a bunch of other stuff like creating Townie celebrities, your own, etc.

I would love a reimaginging of become a celebrity/superstar in a new EP or GP, but I wouldn't want real celebrities like the Kartrashians, a parody maybe, but not a exact Sim like that of a real celebrity, plus who is this Drew Carey I see everywhere?