Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What Celebrities Do You Want to See in a New Superstar EP?

Comments

• Options
    ParaleeParalee Posts: 1,166 Member
    edited November 2017
    Marilyn Monroe hahahaha i liked having her walk around my town in Sims 1 Superstar. Debbie Reynolds would be an awesome add-in too because i miss her existence. Maybe a young Elizabeth Taylor too for catty fights with Debbie
    My speculations on hints for future content:
    -Cars Update
    -Spiral/Diagonal Stairs Update
    -Hotel Pack
    -Romance Pack (possibly combined with Hotel Pack)
    -Bands Pack
    -Royalty Pack
    -Fashion Design Pack
    -Fairies Pack
    -Werewolf Pack
    -France-inspired World
  • Options
    Simfan923Simfan923 Posts: 5,551 Member
    I honestly wouldn't want any RL celebrities in my game.
    1FKDfKj.png
  • Options
    That1Guy352That1Guy352 Posts: 43 Member
    Hmmm I dont think I would want any real celebs... but i wouldnt mind people like Nicki, Rhianna, Drake etc since in the sims 4, you really can make them look like them because of how advance they are.
  • Options
    SimsLovinLycanSimsLovinLycan Posts: 1,910 Member
    Hideo Kojima. He's not doing Metal Gear cameos anymore, so I'm sure they can book him...
    There is a song I hear, a melody from the past...
    5MNZlGQ.gif
    When I woke for the first time, when I slept for the last.
  • Options
    SimSaraSimSara Posts: 534 Member
    I'd rather make my own, it's a fun challenge. I have Gordon Ramsay and Amy Poehler sims already lol.
  • Options
    YvinatorEliteYvinatorElite Posts: 97 Member
    Marilyn Monroe hahahaha i liked having her walk around my town in Sims 1 Superstar. Debbie Reynolds would be an awesome add-in too because i miss her existence. Maybe a young Elizabeth Taylor too for catty fights with Debbie

Yes that would be great! I think having legendary celebrities that are now not with us anymore would be a nice addition to the game. Think, like you said, Marilyn Monroe, Debbie Reynolds & Elizabeth Taylor, but also the likes of Prince, David Bowie, Whitney Houston, Patrick Swayze, Farrah Fawcett, Aaliyah and of course Carrie Fisher.
  • Options
    mmertormmertor Posts: 186 Member
    I really wouldn't want real celebrities in the game.
  • Options
    ItsJanierItsJanier Posts: 884 Member
    One word: Toto.
  • Options
    kwanzaabotkwanzaabot Posts: 2,440 Member
    edited November 2017
    Steve Harvey or Drew Carey, or at least Sims based on them.

Basically, I really want a game show object in a fame pack. You know, something our families can do together, like go on Family Feud or The Price Is Right. Either would be perfect for a Sims game. TPIR because it could reward players for being familiar with the Build/Buy catalogue, and FF because who doesn't want more family play?
    wJbomAo.png
  • Options
    YardenroYardenro Posts: 376 Member
    Kim Kardashian would be funny IMO.

-Yarden.
  • Options
    CK213CK213 Posts: 20,529 Member
    It might be more fun if they had spoofs of current celebrities or a sort of celebrity archetype, but the celebrity should still feel unique and interesting.

However,

never :/
    ever :p
    ever :s
    make celebrity status a social virus like it was in The Sims 3.
    It should be based on talent and merit, not mainly by impressing other celebrities.

If they want to allow our sims to be socialites and VIPs in addition to having celebrities, fine, but celebrities should become celebrities by who they are and what they do. Who you know could help, but it should not be the primary mechanic.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Options
    kwanzaabot wrote: »
    Steve Harvey or Drew Carey, or at least Sims based on them.

Basically, I really want a game show object in a fame pack. You know, something our families can do together, like go on Family Feud or The Price Is Right. Either would be perfect for a Sims game. TPIR because it could reward players for being familiar with the Build/Buy catalogue, and FF because who doesn't want more family play?

Ooooeeeh YES i LOVE This idea! Next to game shows they could add reality shows like big brother maybe. You could get rewarded for making drama or something!
  • Options
    HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    I'd like to make my own or at least be able to cheat the ones the game gives star status too into some other celebrity. I'm sure we'll be able to delete them easily either way.
    Even though I really don't like a lot of the most popular stars now ... it's kind of iconic now that the Sims has always done this. I'm kind of hoping for a few that will date this Sims game in years to come... we can giggle over it like fashion trends from the past... and say "what we're they thinking?"
    egTcBMc.png
  • Options
    EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,342 Member
    Some minor contemporary celeb, because chances are I wouldn't recognize that one anyway and thus won't feel disturbed by them.
    Also a big real life celeb would charge EA a lot for being allowed to use their name and I don't want the pack's prize inflated, so a minor one is prefered.

I often use cc from shows and games that I neither watch nor play if I can use that style in my own stories. So there's a god chance I'd buy a celeb SP even if I'm not interested in that particular celeb, as long as the style appeals to me.
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    I don't want any celebrities in my games unless I put them there by creating them myself or downloading them from the gallery. I don't want any celebrities put into my games for me. The last thing I want is a Carcrashian running around in my game. However, it might be fun trapping them in a fire.
  • Options
    Some minor contemporary celeb, because chances are I wouldn't recognize that one anyway and thus won't feel disturbed by them.
    Also a big real life celeb would charge EA a lot for being allowed to use their name and I don't want the pack's prize inflated, so a minor one is prefered.

I often use cc from shows and games that I neither watch nor play if I can use that style in my own stories. So there's a god chance I'd buy a celeb SP even if I'm not interested in that particular celeb, as long as the style appeals to me.

Yeah, I think that as well. Real celebrities would definitely be too expensive... The only way they were able to afford it in the sims 1 was because the game sold like over 200 million copies. It's still fun to fantasise though!
  • Options
    simlandersimlander Posts: 196 Member
    Would be cool to have the RL superstars restricted to a certain neighbourhood? I don't know if that would be a problem with the open-world but it'd be kinda like Hollywood? So if you don't want to see them in your game or storyline then you could just avoid that certain neighbourhood.
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    To7m wrote: »
    fullspiral wrote: »
    None. I'll create my own.

( and please....no Kardashians or current no talent fame plum)

Oh gosh, so much this.

If they do another ‘Superstar’ pack I want it to be like TS1, except instead of our celebs I’d rather they make up their own based on ours, like Dustin Timberpond... or something lol.

—T

So much this -- make up celebrities based on real life ones, but no more Drew Careys or Christina Aguliera and such. Make it more of a parody of celebrity culture, but with a serious side of the climb to the top. And please, make it that our Sims need to earn celebrity -- I don't want to see celebrity kitchen scullions or school teachers just because they're friends with a celebrity! If you're making the celebrity climb, you should have to hire an agent and have them find you jobs to increase your celebrity -- if you don't hire an agent, you're off the ladder. (Maybe certain jobs could require celebrity but certainly not all of them.)
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    ItsJanier wrote: »
    One word: Toto.

The band or the dog? :D
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    HelkkuliHelkkuli Posts: 92 Member
    simlander wrote: »
    Would be cool to have the RL superstars restricted to a certain neighbourhood? I don't know if that would be a problem with the open-world but it'd be kinda like Hollywood? So if you don't want to see them in your game or storyline then you could just avoid that certain neighbourhood.
    I would love it! I make celebrity sims and use them in my game. It would be so awesome if they would give us Hollywood and all my celebrities could buy huge millionaire mansions from there and then they could have some over the top parties (or partys?)!
    14453827.jpg

CHECK OUT MY CELEBRITY LOOK A LIKE SIMS AND DOG BREEDS FROM MY INSTAGRAM @anomitesplayssims

My origin id is anomites
  • Options
    ParaleeParalee Posts: 1,166 Member
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    I don't want any celebrities in my games unless I put them there by creating them myself or downloading them from the gallery. I don't want any celebrities put into my games for me. The last thing I want is a Carcrashian running around in my game. However, it might be fun trapping them in a fire.

I wouldnt mind a Kardashian for my vampires to chain up for drinking
    My speculations on hints for future content:
    -Cars Update
    -Spiral/Diagonal Stairs Update
    -Hotel Pack
    -Romance Pack (possibly combined with Hotel Pack)
    -Bands Pack
    -Royalty Pack
    -Fashion Design Pack
    -Fairies Pack
    -Werewolf Pack
    -France-inspired World
  • Options
    MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    simlander wrote: »

But whos celebrities?
    The ones you want, or the ones I want?
    I want to be able to control the sorts of celebs my game has. I don't want them restricted to one neighbour hood. I want them to be the people I want in my game.

Celebs need to be player created (gallery included). Not everyone wants seppo celebs.
    I'm sure there's players in india who would like to have bollywood start as their celebs. Maybe there's people in S.korea who want Kpop stars as their celebs. Maybe there are aussies who want their cricketing/footy legends, and dame Edna.
    And even those who do want yanks, some want old hollywood, others want newer. It makes far more sense to let the players control the types of celebs their game contains
    AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
  • Options
    comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    fullspiral wrote: »
    None. I'll create my own.

( and please....no Kardashians or current no talent fame plum)

agreed I'll make my own thank you
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • Options
    NikNakNikNak Posts: 302 Member
    Ugh. I just realized that they will exploit the heck out of this in marketing. They already pay celebrities to endorse The Sims as it is...
  • Options
    Armilus616Armilus616 Posts: 683 Member
    Dannydanbo wrote: »

I wouldnt mind a Kardashian for my vampires to chain up for drinking

I don't think they would taste good. My Vampire Alex would probably throw up...