Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Let Sims wear their assigned CAS outfits instead of weird situational ones, please

Comments

• Options
    fewlinesfewlines Posts: 1,488 Member
    edited November 2017
    i have not seen children at bars/clubs either. teens have often showed up there (nightclubs, at least) pre-patch, though.
  • Options
    FelicityFelicity Posts: 4,979 Member
    > @Felicity said:
    > It really makes me wonder if MC Command Center can fix it, why can't Maxis? It seems not only should Maxis be able to fix it, but they should be able to do it more cleanly. Maybe their coders should ask Deaderpool for tips :/

Unfortunately, MCCC doesn't fix it. I made mention of it to Deaderpool, and they're going to look into it. But they're swamped right now tring to fix all the broken stuff at the moment.

I know they haven't fixed it for the new ones, but he changed festivals to regular outfits, configurable to whatever category you want. I guess that was my point -- there was a bug where Sims going to clubs were not changing into their party clothing. Instead of fixing the bug, they made clubs have situational wear. But MC Command Center allows you to configure what type of clothing sims wear to festivals, which has to be somewhat similar.
  • Options
    I just discovered this and I am really upset by it. What's the point in letting us choose outfits in different outfit categories then not having those outfits used??? We put serious effort into the Sims we make then populate our world with, into redressing NPCs through Household Management, into creating Sims for the Gallery, and into finding well-done Gallery Sims to add to our worlds. Then you mess it up by randomizing their outfits?? If I wanted random outfits, I wouldn't even bother making Sims and would never use Household Management. But I don't want random outfits. I want the ones I have spent time and effort choosing.
    exactly. but you know, i could maybe (strong maybe) deal with it if only the townies/out of world Sims spawned with the atrocious ensembles. but for the love of god, leave my own played/unplayed housed Sims alone.
  • Options
    taydevtaydev Posts: 912 Member
    Yes please fix this devs. I don't mind what the generated townies wear unless I edit them, but my own sims shouldn't be in random/silly outfits because I put too much effort for them to look and dress a certain way. As a rotational player, I always see several of my own sims in other households dressed strangely, and while it was kind of funny at first, it's now a major annoyance and cause of frustration. It's like we have no control over our game and sims anymore, and this goes beyond the dressing issue.
  • Options
    bizuktagbizuktag Posts: 552 Member
    edited November 2017
    I was playing a bar just before I made my post and I had both a child and a toddler spawn there. The toddler didn't come inside but the child (and a cat) did.

A minute ago I went to test a nightclub again. Out of the first ten people to arrive, seven were teens. I've played at nightclubs loads pre-patch; I don't remember ever seeing teens but I know they never appeared in such high amounts for me before.

On the outfit issue: I use a mod to spawn more sims on a lot. 35 sims appeared at my nightclub and except for my sim and the DJ every single sim had a hat and glasses on. It looks ridiculous. Until it's fixed nightclubs are unplayable for me.

ADc9D2k.jpg
  • Options
    agustdagustd Posts: 946 Member
    @Elleysims The scenario you describe is exactly why I don't play themed challenges. (And I love themed challenges). One of my favourite challenges is the Royal Kingdom challenge. A challenge which I can't do in the sims 4 because my sims now change out of their outfits I assigned and also to me it feels to unbelievable that my Peasant sims would have the King and Queen constantly want to interact with them in public.

@Faridah I hope you can get the sims 2 working again. To me that is still the best sims game and it's really sad that a game that came out in 2004 gives you more freedom, creative control and game play options than the latest version.

@fullspiral I completely agree with you. This isn't our game. We are just renting sims to play in their worlds and any story we give our sims, the game will inevitably change. I have a homeless sim in game. I gave him an empty lot and I play him in a rotation. Now he's turning up in plum outfits at clubs and bars and the last time I played him he kept getting whims to flirt with random men and guys he has no romantic relationship with are asking him on dates to see if things get spicy. I don't want him to be gay. He's my sim and he's in a relationship with a woman (who doesn't know his homeless situation) but no the game has decided he's gay. And don't get me wrong there is nothing wrong with that but that's not my story I have in mind for him.

Leave our sims alone EA! It's bad enough the game is now a utopia where all that's missing is rainbows and sparkles, it's bad enough that sims will stand and watch as their spouse cheats on them with the next door neighbour and remain poker faced, it's bad enough your sims won't notice their family member died the week before, it's bad enough that the game has decided that an appropriate venue for children to skip school at is the night club (another intentional decision) it's bad enough that young adults and adults have very little to do besides clubbing and going to the gym. And now we have the game even getting picky about what our sims wear to venues. Why exactly? Has the game decided that a dress and heels is too risque for a night club? Is it so any of the children going to the night club don't see any revealing outfits? (Not that there is many in game)

The Sims used to be a game that promoted creativity and telling your stories your way, now it's interfering and taking control (and in many cases not even giving players the control in the first place) Whose game is this again?

Playing hooky at a night club was also an intentional decision? Hope this doesn't sound rude (I don't know why but I really don't like doing this :p ) but do you have a source for that? Just curious.

It's been a week, still haven't played Cats&Dogs, still waiting for a new version of MCCC because I couldn't bother with the hotfixes. Not touching the game until I have my control again, what a shame this control doesn't come from the very creators of said game but well. I guess these days even deciding our characters' outfits is too much to ask for.
  • Options
    edited November 2017
    haha! @bizuktag, a resident cat makes more sense to me than 35 Sims with vision problems at the same time.

(edit: also, i'm seeing more clothes/body parts overlapping. like when a Sim was sitting down, her arms went through the skirt. this wasn't happening to her before.)
  • Options
    StormyDayzStormyDayz Posts: 4,035 Member
    Thanks @luthienrising for sharing this on Twitter as a lot of us don't hang out in the forums much. I spent almost an entire day giving all of the goofy random townies makeovers after I realized that the Reduced Random Townies mod was broken. I'm talking several hours here giving them all outfits for every occasion so no matter where my sims go I won't have to see them in the darned randomized outfits. Now, this? I'm beyond frustrated. The patch was supposed to tone down the festival outfits but from what I've seen it hasn't.

I've been having a lot of bugs after the new patch and since the first question asked is always if I have mods I've taken them all out for now so I have to suffer without MCCC. I think that LittleMsSam might have a lot trait mod you can specify the outfit category sims wear but I could be wrong. I hope Deaderpool can add it to the other situational outfits in MCCC... once I can put it back in. :'(
  • Options
    abenaki1972abenaki1972 Posts: 46 Member
    I also want that EA fix this thing! My sims in the city are ridiculous with hats and horrible pants XD
  • Options
    MickCasanovaMickCasanova Posts: 4 New Member
    > @lottevdbrug said:
    > For anyone who uses MCCC: if you go to MC Cheats (either by clicking on a mailbox or by pressing ctr, shift, c and typing in MC_cheats (or something like that, I forgot the actual code so I might be wrong here)), you can change the outfits of all Sims on the active lot. I haven't tried this out yet since I just bought C&D and have been focusing on that lately, but I'm feeling positive about this one lol. Of course it's no solution, and it's likely that Sims who initially showed up in these ridiculous clothes will still show up in the same clothes at other venues later - after I changed the outfit of my Sim as I showed in my original post, he had his party outfit on at the nightclub; when I spotted him at the gym a few days later, however, he was again wearing that same nightclub outfit he originally wore - but at least it provides a partial fix. How extremely sucky that we have to rely on modders to fix problems like these because the devs either can't seem to fix them or won't, as in this case. :expressionless: But also, thank god for these modders. I don't know what I would've done without them.

Yes, that does indeed work. However, it a sim leaves even for a minute, the moment they return they are wearing the same stupid outfit, and you have to repeat the process again.
  • Options
    Not a night club issue, but have any of you had your sims refuse to wear what you assigned them for a wedding? I was convinced weddings use the formal category, as guests tend to show up in formal outfits, but somehow my bride always changes into one of the maxis base game wedding dresses upon arrival at the venue. It's always the bride only, if I marry a woman and a man the male sim usually stays in whatever I picked for him.

It's been happening since base game days and used to make me furious, who would have thought it would get even worse :|
  • Options
    Yes, that does indeed work. However, it a sim leaves even for a minute, the moment they return they are wearing the same plum outfit, and you have to repeat the process again.
    and they do say goodbye/leave/return/leave again venues all the 🐸🐸🐸🐸 time. *sigh*
  • Options
    UmbralFlowerUmbralFlower Posts: 4,494 Member
    jfc, is it seriously so hard for them to stop forcing OUR sims to wear what we don't assign them?! I absolutely hate the festival "outfits"...but this goes WAY beyond hate. -_-
    ~*-*-*~ My SimLit: The Echoed Fragments || A Tale of Love and Fame ~*-*-*~
  • Options
    MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    edited November 2017
    agustd wrote: »
    @Elleysims The scenario you describe is exactly why I don't play themed challenges. (And I love themed challenges). One of my favourite challenges is the Royal Kingdom challenge. A challenge which I can't do in the sims 4 because my sims now change out of their outfits I assigned and also to me it feels to unbelievable that my Peasant sims would have the King and Queen constantly want to interact with them in public.

@Faridah I hope you can get the sims 2 working again. To me that is still the best sims game and it's really sad that a game that came out in 2004 gives you more freedom, creative control and game play options than the latest version.

@fullspiral I completely agree with you. This isn't our game. We are just renting sims to play in their worlds and any story we give our sims, the game will inevitably change. I have a homeless sim in game. I gave him an empty lot and I play him in a rotation. Now he's turning up in plum outfits at clubs and bars and the last time I played him he kept getting whims to flirt with random men and guys he has no romantic relationship with are asking him on dates to see if things get spicy. I don't want him to be gay. He's my sim and he's in a relationship with a woman (who doesn't know his homeless situation) but no the game has decided he's gay. And don't get me wrong there is nothing wrong with that but that's not my story I have in mind for him.

Leave our sims alone EA! It's bad enough the game is now a utopia where all that's missing is rainbows and sparkles, it's bad enough that sims will stand and watch as their spouse cheats on them with the next door neighbour and remain poker faced, it's bad enough your sims won't notice their family member died the week before, it's bad enough that the game has decided that an appropriate venue for children to skip school at is the night club (another intentional decision) it's bad enough that young adults and adults have very little to do besides clubbing and going to the gym. And now we have the game even getting picky about what our sims wear to venues. Why exactly? Has the game decided that a dress and heels is too risque for a night club? Is it so any of the children going to the night club don't see any revealing outfits? (Not that there is many in game)

The Sims used to be a game that promoted creativity and telling your stories your way, now it's interfering and taking control (and in many cases not even giving players the control in the first place) Whose game is this again?

Playing hooky at a night club was also an intentional decision? Hope this doesn't sound rude (I don't know why but I really don't like doing this :p ) but do you have a source for that? Just curious.

It's been a week, still haven't played Cats&Dogs, still waiting for a new version of MCCC because I couldn't bother with the hotfixes. Not touching the game until I have my control again, what a shame this control doesn't come from the very creators of said game but well. I guess these days even deciding our characters' outfits is too much to ask for.

Sim Guru Nick confirmed it to me on Twitter a few weeks ago.

https://twitter.com/SimGuruNick/status/921120623006400512
  • Options
    FirandeFirande Posts: 816 Member
    Not a night club issue, but have any of you had your sims refuse to wear what you assigned them for a wedding? I was convinced weddings use the formal category, as guests tend to show up in formal outfits, but somehow my bride always changes into one of the maxis base game wedding dresses upon arrival at the venue. It's always the bride only, if I marry a woman and a man the male sim usually stays in whatever I picked for him.

It's been happening since base game days and used to make me furious, who would have thought it would get even worse :|

Yep, noticed this too! There's only one thing I liked about this; I was playing a back story for one of my characters and wanted to move things along, planned for her to get married so selected a wedding dress as her first formal outfit. But things didn't work out and I ended up marrying her sister instead - I was so afraid that she'd show up at her sister's wedding in a wedding dress herself as that was her assigned formal outfit, but the game put her in another formal outfit of hers instead. :sweat_smile: Thought that was pretty cool. Didn't like it as much when the bride showed up in another wedding dress than the one I'd assigned for her, though.

@luthienrising Thank you so much for sharing this thread on Twitter!
    Origin ID: Fierande | Simlit | Tumblr

fgQIHTb.png
  • Options

Wow. Curious teenagers in night clubs don't bother me but kids? I'm not sure I knew what a night club was when I was 8 :p

@lottevdbrug Imagine the drama if she still showed up in the wedding gown though!
  • Options
    kwanzaabotkwanzaabot Posts: 2,440 Member
    The thing that really bothers me about this, is that it's supposedly "by design".

As in someone seriously sat down and thought, "gee, Simmers really hate the random festival outfits! How can we fix this? Oh, I KNOW! By making Sims wear random outfits at OTHER venues as well!"

It's absolutely ridiculous.
    wJbomAo.png
  • Options
    MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member

Wow. Curious teenagers in night clubs don't bother me but kids? I'm not sure I knew what a night club was when I was 8 :p

@lottevdbrug Imagine the drama if she still showed up in the wedding gown though!

I edited my original post but in case you don't see it, the link is here:
    https://twitter.com/SimGuruNick/status/921120623006400512
  • Options
    NZsimm3rNZsimm3r Posts: 9,265 Member
    @luthienrising Just read your tweet about this. Until then I had supposed this was just another annoying bug. NOT HAPPY! My sims look ridiculous and I want them wearing the outfits I have spent hours making. Please change this back devs! For the love of all things fashion.
    I'm a girl who likes to play with boys, what can I say... o:)

“Instead of putting players in the role of Luke Skywalker, or Frodo Baggins, I'd rather put them in the role of George Lucas.”Will Wright.
  • Options
    paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    I see this all the time wherever I have Sims go out, and it's so commonplace now I can't even remember the Sim's own party outfits and what I gave them! :P It was comical the first few times but I can understand everyone's frustrations. Let them come to events with their own handpicked attire.
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • Options
    fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    jfc, is it seriously so hard for them to stop forcing OUR sims to wear what we don't assign them?! I absolutely hate the festival "outfits"...but this goes WAY beyond hate. -_-

100% this is one of my biggest problems with the game right now! It breaks immersion every time I go out with a sim. This, and them talking over their shoulders facing the other way!
  • Options
    kwanzaabotkwanzaabot Posts: 2,440 Member
    I've been trying to fix it by playing around with the game files. I haven't had any luck. The "club dancer" role that the game draws on, to, well, make nightclub dancers, is set up to wear "situation" clothing, and to generate it on the fly. This translates to "wear random outfits".

I tried changing it to work more like a wedding guest (who ONLY wears formalwear), by specifying specifically that I wanted them to wear their party outfits. Nothing changed, they still wore random crap. Then I tried just outright taking an older version of the club dancer, and pasting that directly into the game, as that version didn't have anything about situational clothing. Nothing changed.
    wJbomAo.png
  • Options
    fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    edited November 2017
    I went in game again.

Here's two of my sims as the game generated them. Lance and Siya:

PWGwGqr.png

I went and took control of Lance and THIS is what he should look like out on the town.....

93hMuhk.png

This is what Siya should look like:

Isnh6Sb.png

And this is what they did to Frank this time....

lQwZUsL.png

Seriously.....how are we supposed to play with this and enjoy seeing our sims that WE worked hard on look like this???

• Options
    FirandeFirande Posts: 816 Member
    fullspiral wrote: »
    I went in game again.

Here's two of my sims as the game generated them. Lance and Siya:

PWGwGqr.png

I went and took control of Lance and THIS is what he should look like out on the town.....

93hMuhk.png

This is what Siya should look like:

Isnh6Sb.png

And this is what they did to Frank this time....

lQwZUsL.png

Seriously.....how are we supposed to play with this and enjoy seeing our sims that WE worked hard on look like this???

Wait, they actually gave him make-up too? Also look at poor Caleb Vatore, looking so uncomfortable in those clothes. Poor Sims. :(
    Origin ID: Fierande | Simlit | Tumblr

fgQIHTb.png