APRIL 17 - It's Patch Day for The Sims 4 on PC/Mac! Patch notes here.
Friday Highlight 04/13 is out in the wild! Check out the highlights here!

Let Sims wear their assigned CAS outfits instead of weird situational ones, please

Comments

  • fewlinesfewlines Posts: 1,366 Member
    You have no idea how much I had to contain myself while writing this post lol. That's why I initially hoped that someone else who'd read the bug report would create this discussion, as I was afraid I'd word things waaayyy too strongly.
    ha! i hoped for the same. thank you again. :)
    Origin ID: unseenlarks
    Instagram
  • FirandeFirande Posts: 562 Member
    fewlines wrote: »
    You have no idea how much I had to contain myself while writing this post lol. That's why I initially hoped that someone else who'd read the bug report would create this discussion, as I was afraid I'd word things waaayyy too strongly.
    ha! i hoped for the same. thank you again. :)

    No problem! :blush: I just hope that this issue will now be addressed!
    HandsomeYoungAardwolf-size_restricted.gif
  • fewlinesfewlines Posts: 1,366 Member
    edited November 2017
    me too.

    (edit: you can wear flip-flops with socks... at home.)
    Origin ID: unseenlarks
    Instagram
  • FinvolaFinvola Posts: 379 Member
    I can't believe they did this on purpose. I was rotating my households and was getting fed up seeing my own sims wearing these hideous outfits. I spent all that time dressing them the way I wanted and then EA goes and puts circus clown outfits on them and all the accessories ever.

    This is what she normally looks like:
    11-12-17_2-13-28AM.png


    This was the ridiculous ensemble I saw her in at the club while I was playing another household.
    11-11-17_11-57-58PM.png
  • fewlinesfewlines Posts: 1,366 Member
    edited November 2017
    *sigh* that seems to be the pattern. hats, bracelets and glasses. is there another SimGuru we could tag?
    Origin ID: unseenlarks
    Instagram
  • agustdagustd Posts: 719 Member
    fullspiral wrote: »
    This really irks me. By forcing this in game, it really takes away from the immersion and really feels like I'm playing their game and not mine.

    As others have said, we go through all the trouble of creating sims how we see them and want them to be in our games and then in one fell swoop ( or a night at the club or a day at the festival) any semblance of our attempts to create our sims worlds is dashed and blown to smithereens by this so called "design choice".

    We really don't rule.

    I'm begging the devs to remove this situational outfit thing from the game.

    I refuse to play the game until a new, proper version of MCCC is out. Had a whole day to myself yesterday but I didn't even touch the new EP. All the bugs I'm hearing of, especially this one (oh wait. It's a feature!) just killed pretty much all my excitement and anticipation of cats&dogs. If that's their "choice" I guess my choice from now on will be not paying for any more content, it's just ridiculous what they're doing. Years of us telling them exactly what we want (pretty much just OUR CREATIONS TO BE LEFT ALONE) and they still think they know better.
  • SAEldarinSAEldarin Posts: 179 Member
    Yes, EA, please do sort the clown-clothing issue once and for all! But how about giving us what we really want and let the clothes/outfits we assign in CAS mean something? What's wrong with wearing jeans and a nice shirt to the club? Why does my sim have to go all plum crazy and borrow Pennywise's glasses while trading in his party outfit for a horror show? Let us decide how our sims dress for the festivals, nightclubs, and careers. Quit surprising us with these sim-zombie clothing takeovers! Please.



  • MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 3,889 Member
    edited November 2017
    fewlines wrote: »
    soon they will all belong to the Cult of the Feather Hat...

    we could ask for a new interaction: "ask about horrid outfit."

    (edit: whyyy.)

    That just made me lol.

    I completely agree with the original post. Why is this done intentionally? Did EA not get the message when people here and on social media kept saying they were tired of festivals being over run by a horde of sims who appeared to have entered a dressed in the dark competition?

    No. Instead they thought we will tone it down in one area but extend it to an even more common feature. Is it because another intended feature is children being asked to clubs by other kids when skipping school so maybe they thought they would make it more child friendly? Because all night clubs should be catering to their child audience.

    Whatever the reason, it’s ridiculous our sims are being forced into this. When I play, it’s MY* game and I should decide. If I wanted my sim to look like a fashion victim I would have decided that when I created them.

    *Not really my game, I just rent a sim clearly. *Goes back to the sims 1-3 where I do rule all*
  • fewlinesfewlines Posts: 1,366 Member
    @MidnightAura, it does look like they dress in the dark. or after a few drinks. :D
    Origin ID: unseenlarks
    Instagram
  • FirandeFirande Posts: 562 Member
    Is there anyone with a Twitter account who could maybe contact the Gurus about this? I kind of really want an answer/explanation from them, but I don't have Twitter and no idea how else to contact them. :# Just really want to know what the hell they were thinking here.

    Also, is there anyone who found a mod to fix this? I did put MCCC back into my game but am still fairly new to that mod so while I know how to fix festival outfits, I have no idea how to use it to fix these nightclub/party outfits. I tried to ignore it while playing the other day but found myself unable to. I just HATE the fact that my own Sims show up like clowns AND THAT THEY DON'T LOSE THESE OUTFITS EITHER. Ugh, I'm so angry about this.
    HandsomeYoungAardwolf-size_restricted.gif
  • daenerystubborndaenerystubborn Posts: 193 Member
    edited November 2017
    I wonder why they made Sims change outfits for the festivals in the first place. And now they also look like that in nightclubs… ugh. Why not let them wear their everyday outfits at a festival and their party ones when visiting a nightclub (they never did before for some reason). Is this really so hard? Don't mind the Geek Con cosplays, though, as long as Darth Vader doesn't wear pink pumps or something.
    Origin ID: daenerystubborn | My SUPERNATURAL (TV show) Sims
    English isn't my first language, so please excuse any mistakes.
    tumblr_n8pqhqmpdh1th4xn0o1_400.gif
  • catitude5catitude5 Posts: 1,814 Member
    I don't even go to festivals it's full of clowns, ugly townies that now we can't get rid of.
  • annaliese39annaliese39 Posts: 98 Member
    I also agree with everyone here. Guess I won't be clubbing any time soon.
  • FirandeFirande Posts: 562 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »
    Something else that bugged me about TS4 was Maxis thinks wearing glasses is a fashion statement, and puts glasses on just about every outfit (PJs and Nightclub outfits). Why? Who sleeps in their glasses? I heard the arguments but they might wear glasses when they get up and still wearing their pjs. Sure, but let's get some simulation in there...glasses put on the end table, go to bed, go to sleep, get up, put them on if the Sim actually needs them. It doesn't make sense to see them sleep wearing glasses. Double earrings on males. Don't they even know some males only wear one? Ask a band member why they wear only one and why it's on the left or right ear. It's still a thing, whether people want it to be a thing or not. Can't pick which arm has a bracelet, or a watch etc. like in older games, their arm pick or no arm.

    As much as it's bragged the game is the most customizable game ever, it's not. It shoves outfits onto our Sims, it puts earrings on everyone, hats on everyone, glasses on outfits that don't make sense like swimwear and pjs, and most of all it rules. Why even allow players to set party and formal wear if you are going to change it for them Better yet, gurus, you play and we will all stop playing and you can play your game.

    I fully agree with this. While I don't agree with you stating that all males only wear one - here in NL there's quite some dudes with two and it seems as though this is becoming more and more normal, but you're right that many do wear one. Now that I think of it, pretty sure that earrings on males were pretty important once, as they used to indicate a dude's sexuality, didn't they? :sweat_smile: Probably way outdated by now, that, but at any rate, I would like for some of my males to wear one earring, but am not allowed to. In TS2, lots of my male Sims wore only one earring and it wasn't a problem. That's kind of sad, that a game as old as TS2 allowed for more customization in that respect than TS4.

    And yes about those glasses. I also wear glasses in real life - have had them since age 4. Wore them for their functionality for more than a decade. However, I am near-sighted and so my eyes got lots better over the years. I currently still wear glasses even though I actually don't really need them. But there was also a time where I really only wore them after school. I liked for one of my Sims to have glasses, but only as sleepwear as he'd normally "use contacts." However, like you say, no one sleeps with glasses on lol, so I think I'll be devoting one of his everyday outfits to chill clothing and add the glasses to that one.
    More often than not will my Sims in CAS/townies suddenly have glasses when I go through their clothes and get to their party outfits. Why? I really don't know a lot of people who actually like wearing glasses. I know quite some people who (used to) have glasses, and none of them wear their glasses at parties lol. So from my experience in real life, it's actually the other way around. Glasses are not a fashion statement, and while it may be for some, this definitely does not extend to everyone - in the game, however, it does. And don't get me started on hats. Who even wears hats at parties, especially those ridiculous ones that we can choose from in TS4?
    HandsomeYoungAardwolf-size_restricted.gif
  • MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 3,889 Member
    Is there anyone with a Twitter account who could maybe contact the Gurus about this? I kind of really want an answer/explanation from them, but I don't have Twitter and no idea how else to contact them. :# Just really want to know what the plum they were thinking here.

    Also, is there anyone who found a mod to fix this? I did put MCCC back into my game but am still fairly new to that mod so while I know how to fix festival outfits, I have no idea how to use it to fix these nightclub/party outfits. I tried to ignore it while playing the other day but found myself unable to. I just HATE the fact that my own Sims show up like clowns AND THAT THEY DON'T LOSE THESE OUTFITS EITHER. Ugh, I'm so angry about this.

    I can and I'm happy too, but if this intentional (and I'm not disbelieving you - I do believe it!) then be prepared for that answer. That's what I got told when I mentioned child sims inviting other kids to nightclubs when playing hooky. Who should we contact? Sim Guru Nick and who else? I can use the pics from here if people are okay with that. I haven't bothered to photograph any in my game. Well I did, of one dressed as what I can only describe as a pirate but that was at the Spice Festival.
  • FirandeFirande Posts: 562 Member
    Is there anyone with a Twitter account who could maybe contact the Gurus about this? I kind of really want an answer/explanation from them, but I don't have Twitter and no idea how else to contact them. :# Just really want to know what the plum they were thinking here.

    Also, is there anyone who found a mod to fix this? I did put MCCC back into my game but am still fairly new to that mod so while I know how to fix festival outfits, I have no idea how to use it to fix these nightclub/party outfits. I tried to ignore it while playing the other day but found myself unable to. I just HATE the fact that my own Sims show up like clowns AND THAT THEY DON'T LOSE THESE OUTFITS EITHER. Ugh, I'm so angry about this.

    I can and I'm happy too, but if this intentional (and I'm not disbelieving you - I do believe it!) then be prepared for that answer. That's what I got told when I mentioned child sims inviting other kids to nightclubs when playing hooky. Who should we contact? Sim Guru Nick and who else? I can use the pics from here if people are okay with that. I haven't bothered to photograph any in my game. Well I did, of one dressed as what I can only describe as a pirate but that was at the Spice Festival.

    Why would children go to a nightclubs... this game, ugh. I did tweet SimGuruNick once using my private account but got no answer. I'm automatically logged onto that account on my other laptop back at my parents', but I don't have that laptop here with me now and no idea what my password is, so can't log into twitter here lol. I honestly don't really know the Gurus that well... friend of mine suggested contacting SimGuruGraham because he always replied back to her. You can use my pictures, no problem. I just can't believe that this was intentional.

    @Cinebar Right! It was said by that Robo account on EA's site that it was intentional as it was a fix for Sims not showing up in the right outfits at certain venues. But how is this a fix? They're still not showing up in right outfits imo. I'd much rather they showed up in their everyday clothing than this mess. Of course I'd like for them to be in their party outfits, but if this is the alternative then please give me back the everyday clothing they used to wear.
    HandsomeYoungAardwolf-size_restricted.gif
  • MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 3,889 Member
    Is there anyone with a Twitter account who could maybe contact the Gurus about this? I kind of really want an answer/explanation from them, but I don't have Twitter and no idea how else to contact them. :# Just really want to know what the plum they were thinking here.

    Also, is there anyone who found a mod to fix this? I did put MCCC back into my game but am still fairly new to that mod so while I know how to fix festival outfits, I have no idea how to use it to fix these nightclub/party outfits. I tried to ignore it while playing the other day but found myself unable to. I just HATE the fact that my own Sims show up like clowns AND THAT THEY DON'T LOSE THESE OUTFITS EITHER. Ugh, I'm so angry about this.

    I can and I'm happy too, but if this intentional (and I'm not disbelieving you - I do believe it!) then be prepared for that answer. That's what I got told when I mentioned child sims inviting other kids to nightclubs when playing hooky. Who should we contact? Sim Guru Nick and who else? I can use the pics from here if people are okay with that. I haven't bothered to photograph any in my game. Well I did, of one dressed as what I can only describe as a pirate but that was at the Spice Festival.

    Why would children go to a nightclubs... this game, ugh. I did tweet SimGuruNick once using my private account but got no answer. I'm automatically logged onto that account on my other laptop back at my parents', but I don't have that laptop here with me now and no idea what my password is, so can't log into twitter here lol. I honestly don't really know the Gurus that well... friend of mine suggested contacting SimGuruGraham because he always replied back to her. You can use my pictures, no problem. I just can't believe that this was intentional.

    @Cinebar Right! It was said by that Robo account on EA's site that it was intentional as it was a fix for Sims not showing up in the right outfits at certain venues. But how is this a fix? They're still not showing up in right outfits imo. I'd much rather they showed up in their everyday clothing than this mess. Of course I'd like for them to be in their party outfits, but if this is the alternative then please give me back the everyday clothing they used to wear.

    Yup I kid you not. If I knew how to ss here I would show it. I was totally flabbergasted when he said that to me. I reported it as a bug because remember back in May I think it was a bug? And he said it’s intentional because the game has a list of appropriate venues when kids play hooky to pull from and children can go to nightclubs.

    I didn’t ask why. I figured the response would be it’s a safe space.
  • SimfuncrunchSimfuncrunch Posts: 483 Member
    I agree that Sims should not show up at clubs with random added accessories and outfits not already assigned in their Party category. This was a a poor design decision.
  • fewlinesfewlines Posts: 1,366 Member
    @MidnightAura, thanks! it would be great if you could contact any of them on Twitter.
    Origin ID: unseenlarks
    Instagram
  • MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 3,889 Member
    fewlines wrote: »
    @MidnightAura, thanks! it would be great if you could contact any of them on Twitter.

    No problem, I have sent a tweet to SimGuru Nick and Sim Guru Arvin and will see what they say. :)
  • fewlinesfewlines Posts: 1,366 Member
    thank you! :)
    Origin ID: unseenlarks
    Instagram
  • PurrdaleckiPurrdalecki Posts: 907 Member
    edited November 2017
    Yup! I don't really do social stuff on the sims and only recently started accepting nightclub invites so I thought it was supposed to be like this but I still thought "so, um, festival outfits but @ the nightclub instead? ummm?" plus 3 sims turned up in the same hat which isn't really a bother except for the fact that the other sims wearing the hat were walking disasters for fashion.(well, ONE of us is going have to change..)

    And not related really other than nightclubs but lol I left Joaquin with my child thinking he could babysit her whilst I hang out with Bjorn at the nigthclub and WHO DO I SEE BREAKING IT DOWN ON THE DANCE FLOOR? I'm never leaving my child alone with him ever again, I took him with her to supervise at the vet and then after a while he just NOPE and walked out on my like.. 8 year old child or smth.. I know children can be left alone and nannies exist but like $$$ and I'm trying to play how I'd play if I had a child so
    tumblr_inline_o2epubgZOk1tbsl8q_500.gif
    My tumblr with poses for download and stuff: https://galraveins.tumblr.com/
Sign In or Register to comment.
Return to top